Can A Addons Detect NM Vs Reg. Mob Via Functions?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Windower » Support » Can a Addons Detect NM vs Reg. Mob via functions?
Can a Addons Detect NM vs Reg. Mob via functions?
 Asura.Yottaxa
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Yottaxa
By Asura.Yottaxa 2022-06-21 08:05:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello, Dumb question here (as usual) - I have been working on modifying some addons to suit my needs - is there any way to detect if a mob is an NM or not? Such as with the windower.ffxi.get_mob_by_id(id) function? The table listed at the windower github shows some things? but its not documented beyond entity_type: int / spawn_type: int etc. - it doesn't spell out what those integer values might be / represent.

Or is it just not possible or require issuing a /check command etc.?

Thanks for any info / ideas / pointers.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2022-06-21 08:48:46
Link | Quote | Reply

There is nothing in the mob struct that informs as to whether a mob is an NM or not. You can /check them, that's pretty much the only way, but even then, it's not perfect.
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2022-06-21 08:48:52
Link | Quote | Reply

As far as I know, the client is not sent the information to indicate a mob is a NM until you check. It is possible to check via packet and capture the result so it happens silently and doesn't pollute the log. It's also theoretically possible to make a comprehensive list from the zone dats, though it'd be a few hours of manual work minimum.
[+]
 Asura.Yottaxa
By Asura.Yottaxa 2022-06-21 08:52:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah that makes sense. Good to know. Thanks for the info.
 Asura.Raelia
user: Raelia
By Asura.Raelia 2022-06-21 10:47:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Used to be a hud that showed mob id to spot lottery pop placeholders. Don't suppose it could just look those up and know which id is the NM?

Unless those were coming from /check, like you say.
 Valefor.Esdain
Server: Valefor
user: esdain
By Valefor.Esdain 2022-06-21 10:53:54
Link | Quote | Reply

It is probably possible because the bots that are running around in starter zones all ignore NMs. It's kind of nice that Leaping Lizzy and Jaggedy-eared Jack are always up and unclaimed these days though.
 Asura.Raelia
user: Raelia
By Asura.Raelia 2022-06-21 11:01:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I think this is referring to 'stealth' NMs like Bloodsucker in Bobliette.

Might take some manual entry, but the ids for NMs like that one should be somewhere. TargetInfo addon can show the id if you find the NM manually.
By Typongtive 2022-06-21 11:38:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Mappy has a hunt function that kind of does that
 Ragnarok.Kenshi
Server: Ragnarok
user: KenshiDRK
By Ragnarok.Kenshi 2022-06-21 19:05:09
Link | Quote | Reply

A near approach for this would be to check for the bit that sets if the name is a common noun or a proper noun.
 Asura.Yottaxa
By Asura.Yottaxa 2022-06-21 22:32:35
Link | Quote | Reply

So I should have mentioned my intended use, I have been working to get the duration timers in the debuffed addon spot on accurate for rdm. Sabo effects duration between 2x on trash mobs and 1.25 for nms. Was just frustrated having no clue how much time was left doing things like Odin solo on rdm.

In the case of what I have been messing with, I think its easiest to just assume all targets are nm under sabo, as trash mobs die too fast to matter anyway. I am a bit of a perfectionist, and was curious what the options are. (And it looks likes its not data that is auto sent to the client anyway)

I have things working pretty well and I added audio cues for if theres and early debuff drop due to duration resists. Still testing but Id like to pass it around for fellow rdm’s, but not sure what the rules are if you modify someone else's addon. As long as you give full credit, anyone know the rules about doing such things?

The one thing you just cant do anything about is dropped packets, where you loose the packet that had the drop message entirely. (As a separate topic I am aware of the new packetflow addon, but still chicken / holding out for concerns on its safe use)

Ty again for all the info.
[+]
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2022-06-22 05:51:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Yottaxa said: »
So I should have mentioned my intended use, I have been working to get the duration timers in the debuffed addon spot on accurate for rdm. Sabo effects duration between 2x on trash mobs and 1.25 for nms. Was just frustrated having no clue how much time was left doing things like Odin solo on rdm.

In the case of what I have been messing with, I think its easiest to just assume all targets are nm under sabo, as trash mobs die too fast to matter anyway. I am a bit of a perfectionist, and was curious what the options are. (And it looks likes its not data that is auto sent to the client anyway)

I have things working pretty well and I added audio cues for if theres and early debuff drop due to duration resists. Still testing but Id like to pass it around for fellow rdm’s, but not sure what the rules are if you modify someone else's addon. As long as you give full credit, anyone know the rules about doing such things?

The one thing you just cant do anything about is dropped packets, where you loose the packet that had the drop message entirely. (As a separate topic I am aware of the new packetflow addon, but still chicken / holding out for concerns on its safe use)

Build an index of NM names by zone, would take a while!
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-06-22 06:26:28
Link | Quote | Reply

It'd probably be easier just to add a NM vs non-NM toggle for the player to manually change with a command.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2022-06-22 08:48:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Yottaxa said: »

I'm working on this same thing actually as part of a project. :D
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [393 days between previous and next post]
By sedosan 2023-07-20 10:27:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Any of you managed to solve this issue and get a working debuffed?