Gilgamesh.Maletaru
Server: Gilgamesh
Game: FFXI
user: maletaru
By Gilgamesh.Maletaru 2022-05-23 20:03:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Ninjaxtasy said: »
Phoenix.Iocus said: »
If you don't know how to claim mobs, that's really on you. Literally each character can only hold 1 red claimed mob. If a party of 6 has more than that, they are yours to take. 1 account : 1 mob.

The fairness you think you are searching for already exists. Don't ask to screw over everyone else because you aren't as knowledgeable about the game as other people are.

Nothing to do with claiming a mob when there is no mob to claim

This is extremely relevant to "there is no mob to claim" because each mob is only unclaimable (purple name) if a single character has claim over it. If they have a party of 6 people cleaving, they can hold at most 6 mobs. There are more than 200 mobs in CN, meaning that if all of them were being held by, let's say 40 people cleaving mobs, there are at least 160 mobs you can claim. Go into their camp and start attacking one of their mobs. Or as they're aggroing the entire zone, go provoke one of them. They can, at most, hold 1 mob per character.

If you mean to tell me that all 200 of those mobs are all actively being killed by parties who are cleaving, you're completely insane. They respawn within seconds after they die. There are 6~8 crawlers in the SW corner that it's unlikely anyone was pulling, there are mobs on the inside of the donut, there are mobs on the ramp leading down into the basement. Nobody pulls these to cleave.

Or, as 100 people have said, just go to another camp.

Asking for the mechanics of the game to be changed because you don't like competing for mobs is a bad joke. Do you want SE to remove people's listings from the AH if they undercut you as well?
 Valefor.Issacxx
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Issacxx 2022-05-23 20:04:30
Link | Quote | Reply

You can grab one off of them as they gather...it's not hard.
By Nariont 2022-05-23 20:06:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Which you have yet to prove and on the other hand have plenty of accounts that there are generally plenty of mobs, one person even going out of their way to find you who also said there were plenty of mobs, hell the picture itself has plenty sitting there.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-05-23 20:09:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I am complaining that one / two parties are gathering all the mobs in the zone with nothing left for the other players in the zone

Then you're exaggerating. I have been in that camp with as many as 4 parties pulling from all corners every 2-3 minutes. Even had multiple parties pulling with different members to keep their chains going. We stepped on each other's toes, but it was manageable even with 4 very good parties. There is no way 2 groups can clear out all 4 sides of those camps and leave nothing behind for a solo player.
[+]
By Ninjaxtasy 2022-05-23 20:11:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Issacxx said: »
You can grab one off of them as they gather...it's not hard.

I think did maybe a few times to not lose my exp chain
By Ninjaxtasy 2022-05-23 20:14:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Nariont said: »
Which you have yet to prove and on the other hand have plenty of accounts that there are generally plenty of mobs, one person even going out of their way to find you who also said there were plenty of mobs, hell the picture itself has plenty sitting there.

depends on when they the pulled mobs, it was after the mobs were killed. I can also post screen shots of an empty zone and wide scan showing empty but I don't need to do that
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-05-23 20:24:32
Link | Quote | Reply

depends on when they the pulled mobs, it was after the mobs were killed. I can also post screen shots of an empty zone and wide scan showing empty but I don't need to do that

That doesn't matter anyways, the mobs repop in 30-45 seconds. Honestly, I think you're overreacting to something that's not that big of a problem, based on what you've deascribed.
[+]
By Ninjaxtasy 2022-05-23 20:26:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »

That doesn't matter anyways, the mobs repop in 30-45 seconds. Honestly, I think you're overreacting to something that's not that big of a problem, based on what you've deascribed.

They only repop if they die, waiting longer than 30-45 seconds.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-05-23 20:28:51
Link | Quote | Reply

...So you think two parties (12 people max) are sitting on over 200 monsters for longer than 45 seconds?
By Ninjaxtasy 2022-05-23 20:36:02
Link | Quote | Reply

...So you think two parties (12 people max) are sitting on over 200 monsters for longer than 45 seconds?

why do you all think all the mobs in the zone are exactly the same? They are not with different levels. The mobs that can be soloed are closer to the exit. All the mobs within the radius of certain mob levels are taken.
 Asura.Lileth
Server: Asura
user: Etherion
By Asura.Lileth 2022-05-23 20:56:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Here's the thing. Gathering a lot of mobs and killing them by AoE is a legitimate play style that has existed in FFXI for a long time. In Reisenjima, AoE killing has been common. Long before that, there were Fell Cleave parties in Abyssea. For a while, there were SMN burns in Korroloka tunnel and other zones. It's fun way to level, and for some, preferable to the monotony of endless single kills.

I get how someone arriving in Crawler's [S] could feel grieved by AoE groups pulling a lot of mobs. It sucks from your perspective. Personally, I get angry every time someone outclaims me on an NM. It doesn't mean though that I got wronged. If game mechanics allow it and SE doesn't explicitly forbid it, then it's permitted.

FFXI could benefit from an even greater diversity of Apex mobs and camps, no doubt. Personally, I'd like some Apex mobs that take quintuple damage from black magic, are easily slept and are 100% resistant to all other forms of damage.

The best way to ask for things like that is to post on the Suggestions: Quality of Life Stuff and other suggestions thread on the official FFXI forum.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2022-05-23 20:59:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Dear SE,
Can you please have a penalty for someone grabbing all the mobs in the zone ? Like hold more than 5 in a party, you get less experience or no experience. In an already crowded zone, you are just waiting there for mobs to pop.

lolno

Don't think these new zones are working as intended...puling the mobs with PLD and Aeolian Edge and everyone else is just standing there.... this is fair?

yes, it is, and is fair.

oh boy, more:

Never exp in Crawlers Nest [s] until SE added new mobs, never knew, but doesn't make it right
Doesn't make it wrong, either

No it's hoarding.... maybe if you pull more than X, it despawns after that number and shows up in it's original spot

it isn't

Like you said not all of your ML parties will be AoE parties. I don't want to grind one by one either but I can't understand how SE wants you to gain EP this way. It's still the "new" thing.

it isn't

I'm not lazy, when I did a wide scan there was hardly any mobs on the map. It seems the ppl that are lazy are AoE killing for exp. Now I don't mind AoE killing but when literally every mob is taken and there's not even a chance to grab a mob, that's a problem. I think the idea of you can only hold X amount of mobs per party before they depop would be fair.

You are. AoEing mobs isn't lazy. Go somewhere else, lazy. It wouldn't be fair, gitgud.

As far as I know , the game is for everyone not just for the elites. Telling me where to camp because I'm not in an AoE party? That's BS

again: gitgud, and that isn't "BS"

This is not just for this particular camp, if SE decides to open new camps that allows AoE killing for new ML40, ML50, etc where are people supposed to party? So we have to settle for less EP per mob ? Why don't you settle for less EP per mob?

Because you're the one who is lazy and/or terrible, not the others.

How is it if my party is good or not if there is no mob to kill since these parties are taking up all the mobs and holding them? On the flip side of things ( I know it's hard for you to understand from my point of view), it's messing up the experience chain since we have wait for mobs to repop

You obviously aren't good, gitgud or go somewhere else.

what's the point of running across the zone to look for mobs? Last I checked SE didn't post a sign that says " AoE Parties Onry "

gitgud

Claiming mobs is a competition, not complaining about that, I am complaining that one / two parties are gathering all the mobs in the zone with nothing left for the other players in the zone

again: gitgud

tl;dr gitgud or maybe actually join a party and/or find a different camp more fit for your play style.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-05-23 21:00:09
Link | Quote | Reply

why do you all think all the mobs in the zone are exactly the same? They are not with different levels. The mobs that can be soloed are closer to the exit. All the mobs within the radius of certain mob levels are taken.

This sounds like you just want other people to adjust their playstyle so that you can enjoy the game, instead of simply finding a better spot to suit your needs.
By Ninjaxtasy 2022-05-23 21:06:45
Link | Quote | Reply

This sounds like you just want other people to adjust their playstyle so that you can enjoy the game, instead of simply finding a better spot to suit your needs.

Believe me I am not the only person in the history of FFXI that got upset when a party is pulling all the mobs in a zone. I'm not asking other people to adjust their playstyle, if SE is releasing new mobs, everyone should have a chance to fight them whether or not other players agree with it or not.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-05-23 21:08:25
Link | Quote | Reply

everyone should have a chance to fight them whether or not other players agree with it or not.

Everyone has a chance at those monsters.
By Jetackuu 2022-05-23 21:14:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Believe me I am not the only person in the history of FFXI that got upset when a party is pulling all the mobs in a zone. I'm not asking other people to adjust their playstyle, if SE is releasing new mobs, everyone should have a chance to fight them whether or not other players agree with it or not.

You DO have a chance. Gitgud.
By Chimerawizard 2022-05-23 21:17:16
Link | Quote | Reply

source: twitter:Long Horned

Have you tried the center room or the tunnel past the doughnut?
By Ninjaxtasy 2022-05-23 21:19:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Chimerawizard said: »

source: twitter:Long Horned

Have you tried the center room or the tunnel past the doughnut?

Seems to be higher level and not able to be soloed in getting a reasonable amount of EP
 Valefor.Issacxx
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Issacxx 2022-05-23 21:51:28
Link | Quote | Reply

if SE is releasing new mobs, everyone should have a chance to fight them whether or not other players agree with it or not.

I'm sorry, have you played FFXI for long? SE doesn't ever intend for every new mob to be fought by everyone.

Case in point: Absolute Virtue release
Pandemonium Warden release

Just be glad the days of HNM camping are long done with. Because no one who didn't bot ever really got a "chance to fight them"
By Ninjaxtasy 2022-05-23 22:08:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Issacxx said: »

if SE is releasing new mobs, everyone should have a chance to fight them whether or not other players agree with it or not.

I'm sorry, have you played FFXI for long? SE doesn't ever intend for every new mob to be fought by everyone.

Case in point: Absolute Virtue release
Pandemonium Warden release

Just be glad the days of HNM camping are long done with. Because no one who didn't bot ever really got a "chance to fight them"

I was referring players telling other players what they should do or not do,all players can get a chance to enjoy new content as we are all paying subscribers
By Draylo 2022-05-23 22:30:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Why is everyone posting without avatars
 Leviathan.Supernads
Server: Leviathan
user: Supernads
By Leviathan.Supernads 2022-05-23 22:56:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
Why is everyone posting without avatars

Because they are ***.

Try the Helm Elytras they are a pretty easy solo.
 Fenrir.Melphina
Server: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2022-05-24 00:09:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
I was referring players telling other players what they should do or not do,all players can get a chance to enjoy new content as we are all paying subscribers

But that's exactly why s-e put so many mobs with such a short respawn timer in the zone in the first place. There's over 200 mobs in that zone and they respawn 30 seconds after they're killed. It's already been pointed out on the previous page that you had plenty of mobs available so if you wanted to pick a few to fight you could have. Which begs the question. Did you create this thread because you were upset you couldn't pull any mobs....for real? Or did you create this thread because you saw what other groups were doing and you got jealous because you knew that YOU couldn't do what they could do solo. Because there's nothing stopping you from gathering up a few linkshell members or heaven forbid...shouting for pickups to form a crawler's nest cleave party of your own. Trust me. I've done it.... multiple times. It's not hard, and not only is it a lot of fun, but it's also fantastic exemplar/hr.

Crawlers nest is a really great camp, and it's very accessible no matter how many people are in zone. If you see a bunch of bots hoarding 100+ mobs slept just attack a few and wake them up.... it's kind of rude to sleep hold like that and anyone doing that deserves what they get. But there's plenty of space for legitamite cleave partys, soloers, and more traditional party setups to co-exist alongside one another at the same time. This whole discussion is honestly pretty dumb.
 Odin.Senaki
Server: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2022-05-24 00:10:34
Link | Quote | Reply

When I first clicked on this I was assuming the RMT had found a way to take the mobs in the big donut, or that there were so many parties that spawns were trash (such as Escha-Zi’tah during gain exp ‘back in the day’).

It seems like this is a solo player unaware of how other groups are using Crawler’s Nest [S]. So I will explain.

@Ninjaxtasy.
Players have been using Crawler’s Nest [S] for AoE parties due to the large area + mob types non-resistant to magic weaponskills. While you can indeed go to the zone to 1-1 mobs, you must understand most parties there will not be doing so. There is a tunnel in the back where you can fight mobs 1-1, and maintain chains, without encounter other people if so desired.

Alternatively, there are many other zones you can go to for 1-1 battles (Gates zones, Promy zones, Inner Ra—, etc).

From my own observations, the mobs on Crawler’s nest have more ACC requirements than those in the ‘gates’ zones. Along with the need for a magic Attk / WS dmg set (prob nyame r20+), if doing AE parties. So they require better geared players to have proficient parties. This is why so many Vet players are there.

I recommend you go to the tunnel to 1-1 mobs, go to a different zone, or form your own AE / Cataclysm party in order to reduce frustration. :)
[+]
By Beau 2022-05-24 02:36:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Working as intended.
[+]
By Ninjaxtasy 2022-05-24 07:54:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Melphina said: »
Quote:

But that's exactly why s-e put so many mobs with such a short respawn timer in the zone in the first place. There's over 200 mobs in that zone and they respawn 30 seconds after they're killed. It's already been pointed out on the previous page that you had plenty of mobs available so if you wanted to pick a few to fight you could have. Which begs the question. Did you create this thread because you were upset you couldn't pull any mobs....for real? Or did you create this thread because you saw what other groups were doing and you got jealous because you knew that YOU couldn't do what they could do solo. Because there's nothing stopping you from gathering up a few linkshell members or heaven forbid...shouting for pickups to form a crawler's nest cleave party of your own. Trust me. I've done it.... multiple times. It's not hard, and not only is it a lot of fun, but it's also fantastic exemplar/hr.

Crawlers nest is a really great camp, and it's very accessible no matter how many people are in zone. If you see a bunch of bots hoarding 100+ mobs slept just attack a few and wake them up.... it's kind of rude to sleep hold like that and anyone doing that deserves what they get. But there's plenty of space for legitamite cleave partys, soloers, and more traditional party setups to co-exist alongside one another at the same time. This whole discussion is honestly pretty dumb.

It's dumb I want to kill mobs that give good EP and die fast just like everyone else?
 Asura.Msmissy
Server: Asura
user: msmissy
By Asura.Msmissy 2022-05-24 08:06:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I’m not sure which is sadder….. this convo or the fact that I just sat here and read the whole thing. Sorry OP, while you might not like it, it’s a legitimate play/pull style and se isn’t gonna nerf just to please you.
[+]
 Bahamut.Justthetip
Server: Bahamut
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2022-05-24 08:09:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

It's dumb I want to kill mobs that give good EP and die fast just like everyone else?
No its dumb you complain on the forum about mobs even you could've camped in the tunnel or several other places in that same zone for exp. Someone found you and show you afk posting on the forum about the exp while mobs are still up for you to kill. I've been to that zone 2 times for exp and the mobs are always up your chain breaking is your problem not being about to kill fast. Get better gear or focus up more on your gameplay and move to the spot 30 yalms over you would be alot happier and still "enjoy" the new mobs.
[+]
By Ninjaxtasy 2022-05-24 08:31:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Justthetip said: »
Quote:

No its dumb you complain on the forum about mobs even you could've camped in the tunnel or several other places in that same zone for exp. Someone found you and show you afk posting on the forum about the exp while mobs are still up for you to kill. I've been to that zone 2 times for exp and the mobs are always up your chain breaking is your problem not being about to kill fast. Get better gear or focus up more on your gameplay and move to the spot 30 yalms over you would be alot happier and still "enjoy" the new mobs.

That camp is higher level mobs so takes longer to kill
By Mattelot 2022-05-24 08:35:32
Link | Quote | Reply

If you really feel there is a problem, you'll have to submit a report to SE. Arguing with trolls and their crafting mules along with discord cliques on 3rd party sites will never achieve the outcome you're aiming for.

Bear in mind, submitting a report to SE will likely not yield any results.