users online
Forum » FFXI » General » 20th Anniversary Reddit AMA
20th Anniversary Reddit AMA
First Page 2 3 ... 27 28
By Viciouss 2022-05-30 13:15:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Humpo said: »
https://www.ffxiah.com/database

I'm sure many of us know of it, but relinking for those that don't.
Tis the best metric I know of for Xi.

Yeah, I have been logging on Shiva this month, it's not that active. Seacom generally produces about 600 results during peak hours. And a lot of bots. A whole lot of bots.
By Draylo 2022-05-30 13:33:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Your sources were proven as garbage, just stop you lost.
By RadialArcana 2022-05-30 13:46:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Humans have a tendency to want to play things that are popular, which is why companies massively inflate player numbers. It's stupid but it works.

If you go somewhere with long running players such as the XIV reddit sub or the official forums and ask them, they will tell you the player numbers are a lot lower than you think they are. Especially between expansions/major patches, LuckyBancho tracks player numbers a few times a year from lodestone and it averages around 400-500k and this btw counts characters not subs and is usually counted during Free login campaigns.

Aside from this, Square literally never do and never will tell anyone how many expansions they sell. If it was millions they would shout it every single time, it's not and that's why they never release expansion sales numbers.

I'm not saying this to crap on XIV (even though I don't like it) because it's obviously still in the top 3 mmorpgs and much bigger than XI, I'm saying this because it's reality and they very much do value the money and subs XI brings to the table still.
[+]
By Viciouss 2022-05-30 13:52:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »

Uh no. I'm going to continue, just because I can. See, radial just made up some *** 14 numbers, didn't provide any sources, and expects people to believe him, despite virtually all of his posts in this thread being total garbage.

FF11 does not make up 20% of FF14 subs. Or even 10%. It's 2-3%, on a great day.

14 does not average 200-300k total subs, or even close. My numbers are correct, they are over a million over there. And have been for some time, thanks to Activision. This is very easy.

RadialArcana said: »
Humans have a tendency to want to play things that are popular, which is why companies massively inflate player numbers. It's stupid but it works.

If you go somewhere with long running players such as the XIV reddit sub or the official forums and ask them, they will tell you the player numbers are a lot lower than you think they are. Especially between patches, LuckyBancho tracks player numbers a few times a year from lodestone and it averages around 400-500k and this btw counts characters not subs and is usually counted during Free login campaigns.

Here we go again, making up numbers. Now you are trying to convince us that 14 averages 400-500k characters, not subs, which is even less believable. While using absolutely no sources other than "feels."
[+]
By Viciouss 2022-05-30 13:53:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, which is it? Is reddit a source, or is it not? Can only radial use it? Make up your minds.
By RadialArcana 2022-05-30 13:54:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Viciouss said: »
Draylo said: »

Uh no. I'm going to continue, just because I can. See, radial just made up some *** 14 numbers, didn't provide any sources, and expects people to believe him, despite virtually all of his posts in this thread being total garbage.

FF11 does not make up 20% of FF14 subs. Or even 10%. It's 2-3%, on a great day.

14 does not average 200-300k total subs, or even close. My numbers are correct, they are over a million over there. And have been for some time, thanks to Activision. This is very easy.

If you go somewhere with long running players such as the XIV reddit sub or the official forums and ask them, they will tell you the player numbers are a lot lower than you think they are. Especially between patches, LuckyBancho tracks player numbers a few times a year from lodestone and it averages around 400-500k and this btw counts characters not subs and is usually counted during Free login campaigns.

Here we go again, making up numbers. Now you are trying to convince us that 14 averages 400-500k characters, not subs, which is even less believable. While using absolutely no sources other than "feels."

Ask on the official XIV forums.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2022-05-30 14:02:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Whenever you question ff14 player numbers it's like you went into a church and shouted that jesus doesn't exist or something, the anger is weird.
[+]
By Viciouss 2022-05-30 14:08:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Uh, again, no. That's not how sources work. You have to post them. You don't get to tell other people to go do your homework.

Whenever you question ff14 player numbers it's like you went into a church and shouted that jesus doesn't exist or something, the anger is weird.

You are making things up on a constant basis. Maybe people are tired of your ***? It's not like you have ever been credible on any topic.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2022-05-30 14:16:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Viciouss said: »

Uh, again, no. That's not how sources work. You have to post them. You don't get to tell other people to go do your homework.

You are making things up on a constant basis. Maybe people are tired of your ***? It's not like you have ever been credible on any topic.

You can believe what makes you happy, so we can agree to disagree. Ultimately this isn't something that bothers me enough to waste much energy on it.
[+]
By axetofall 2022-05-30 14:21:18
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
By GetHelpNerd 2022-05-30 14:54:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Radial probably needs to be banned from FFXI related mediums for his own good, this is starting to get kind of sad.

I don't enjoy FF14 but every single one of his posts is just insulting it and it's players while spouting delusional bits about FFXI.

Radial you should take a break for your own well being.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2022-05-30 15:02:10
Link | Quote | Reply

GetHelpNerd said: »
Radial probably needs to be banned from FFXI related mediums for his own good, this is starting to get kind of sad.

I don't enjoy FF14 but every single one of his posts is just insulting it and it's players while spouting delusional bits about FFXI.

Radial you should take a break for your own well being.

Thx Dr Eiryl, very cool.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: dekusutaa
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2022-05-30 15:08:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Humpo said: »
https://www.ffxiah.com/database

I'm sure many of us know of it, but relinking for those that don't.
Tis the best metric I know of for Xi.

Completely unscientific since I lost interest and didn't track many months, but based on my inncomplete dataset, 133k active AH accounts is the highest we've been at since 2018 at least, probably much earlier than that as pop really dropped off in 2015-2016 when they announced the game was ending. This likely topped 2020 covid peaks.

It will probably keep going up for another week, maybe top off at 140k. Pre-COVID and outside of return home campaigns in 2018 the game was at around 75-77k active AH users.
[+]
Administrator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Idiot Boy 2022-05-30 16:50:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Damn, is this toilet still overflowing? I thought it had petered out at some point.

Locked, for what good it will do
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 27 28