Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dancer » Humble DNC posting some sets post odyssey
Humble DNC posting some sets post odyssey
By Shuko 2022-01-26 22:08:16
Link | Quote | Reply

ok, I think I get now why people who write guides reserve a few extra posts after. I didn't get it before but I understand now. When post counts are listed on profile I think some peeps love engagement in a gamification of the forums.

I thought I was very clear when I first made my post, my first sentance was, hey guys I don't know this well but I'm putting up some of my stuff

The level of support responses, and outright trollery (there is a whole troll post in dancer forum now I'm sure inspired by this ) At first def hurt me and made me not want to contribute. You can def see that in my early reaction.

I wish ya'll could see I was genuinely trying to help initially? but it gets real jaded when you read comments. So I probly will avoid that from now on.

I have a large amount of content proving I know my stuff, been playing a long time, and have mastery over many jobs, I really have nothing to prove to you guys, I was just trying to help

one example:
YouTube Video Placeholder

And thats the full run w/o edits/commentary, that we made just to help shellmates or other shells on our server that were struggling with the concepts of dyna D. The commentary edited run is in the description.

I'm not trying to brag or anything by sharing this, its like 20 views or something and an hour and a half long. and I'm sure some will flame me for that too.

I'm trying to prove a point, non of those people there were multiboxing, we have full events of people that I enjoy playing with every day, and I was just trying to help them, and maybe others, I was just shell shocked by how this community all talk about gear, and all the positive and negative commentary that came from me trying to help
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Vankathka 2022-01-26 22:34:20
Link | Quote | Reply

You're as basic as your sets, no one here was even remotely mean to you, all that was asked was clarifications on some of your sets, and advice was even offered on how to fix some of them and you went all 0-100 but my feelings! Relax and try again.

Oh and humble would imply you would be open to improvements, clearly you're not.
[+]
By Shuko 2022-01-26 22:46:21
Link | Quote | Reply

kusaregedo77 said: »
everything on the internet gets criticized heavily. this shouldn't be a major revelation.

also you proclaim humility but want credibility as a knowledgeable dancer with authority on gearsets. this is a red flag as all of the guides here are likely collaborative or at least made with plenty of feedback.

having said that, thank you for trying to make a current dancer discussion with gearsets posted. don't give up and keep your mind open to opposing viewpoints. cheers.

Thanks, yeah I said humble meaning to all this forum stuff... not to the game... yeah I can be cocky in the game sometimes XD

But I really did want to help, and I'm gonna try to do a bit more formal of a thing, but clearly, I'll have to spend more time on it
 Bismarck.Firedemon
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2022-01-26 23:21:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Shuko said: »
hey guys I don't know this well but I'm putting up some of my stuff

This is where some people came in and questioned your sets before you got all upset about some ***here. You took some of that constructive criticism and marked it as trolling, which it wasn't at all.

A big problem, which someone also pointed out, was that a lot of people check gearsets for BiS sets, or close to it. When there's some pretty questionable choices with no context, it doesn't really take a rocket scientist to realize that someone is going to point out flaws.

I wish ya'll could see I was genuinely trying to help initially

Nobody was saying otherwise. You just took the criticism in a negative way instead of learning from it and adapting.

I have a large amount of content proving I know my stuff, been playing a long time, and have mastery over many jobs

So does every Tom, ***, and Harry on the forum.
[+]
By Shuko 2022-01-27 02:23:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Firedemon said: »
hey guys I don't know this well but I'm putting up some of my stuff

This is where some people came in and questioned your sets before you got all upset about some ***here. You took some of that constructive criticism and marked it as trolling, which it wasn't at all.

A big problem, which someone also pointed out, was that a lot of people check gearsets for BiS sets, or close to it. When there's some pretty questionable choices with no context, it doesn't really take a rocket scientist to realize that someone is going to point out flaws.

I wish ya'll could see I was genuinely trying to help initially

Nobody was saying otherwise. You just took the criticism in a negative way instead of learning from it and adapting.

I have a large amount of content proving I know my stuff, been playing a long time, and have mastery over many jobs

So does every Tom, ***, and Harry on the forum.

As I re-read over it again, I plan to learn from it and adapt. I was not really angry with most of the comments, there was one in particular, that frustrated me (edited? don't see it anymore). The rest I found constructive before it went a lil zany

I'd also point out, when I used the site for sets? I would look for pinned posts for the "BiS" stuff, I def didn't except what I got, not in a longshot. Most of my encounters here are either rival linkshells, or silence, or lurking.

The next time I post gear, it will look nicer, and explain my choices better, and still open to constructive suggestions, I edited my first post at first a few times before it derailed a bit.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Yiazmaat
Server: Carbuncle
user: Rudra
By Carbuncle.Yiazmaat 2022-01-27 05:28:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I think, and its just my opinion, that this thread should be entirely deleted, because nothing make sense anyway here. Just relate to the main Dnc thread which is build correctly and with logical/efficient sets.
By Shuko 2022-01-27 05:48:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Yiazmaat said: »
I think, and its just my opinion, that this thread should be entirely deleted, because nothing make sense anyway here. Just relate to the main Dnc thread which is build correctly and with logical/efficient sets.

Sure if I broke some kind of rule I'm unaware of, sure? report me to a mod? Or move this to where it is should be, but I'm gonna keep updating it if its not against the rules
[+]
 Fenrir.Melphina
Server: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2022-01-27 08:41:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
ItemSet 383402
Aeo Edge, and other magical uses Cape augs are pdt 10, macc/mdmg, int, int, and MAB

It's an expensive piece, but there is nothing that compares to orpheus's sash in an aeolian edge build. The sash gives affinity bonus + 15 when you're standing on top of the target, and since aeolian edge is typically used at point blank range the most you lose is a point or two of affinity on a couple mobs that end up standing a bit farther back when you're cleaving. The difference between orpheus's sash and the next best piece is huge, which is why the price tag is what it is.

It's also worth noting that magic accuracy is usually not an issue with aeolian edge unless the mobs are resistant to wind, at which point you usually have resist issues no matter what (puks are a good example for this). If magic accuracy is not an issue then the baetyl pendant dropped from warder of love has 3 more magic attack than the sanctity necklace which translates to a higher damage potential.

There are two other pieces I would point you toward. And those are Ghastly tathlum +1 and Metamorph Ring +1. My unity is almost always first or second place, so I almost always get 10 or 11 int from ghastly tathlum +1, which I've found is enough to beat pemph tathlum +1. Aeolian edge has a 40% INT mod and int also affects magic weaponskill base damage via the dINT calculation. I've tested the two multiple times at 3k tp against different camps and ghastly +1 has consistently come ahead for me. Interesting note here: While ghastly +1 beats out pemph tathlum +1 in all my samples, it does not beat out seething bomblet +1. That's not a dancer equippable piece, but my thief can vouch for the accuracy of this statement. So the order for ammo appears to be

Seething Bomblet +1 is slightly better than --> Ghastly +1 which is slightly better than --> pemph tathlum +1

Metamorph ring +1 gives you 16 INT and 15 magic accuracy, which puts it slightly ahead of shiva's +1 for raw damage, and well ahead of shiva's +1 for magic accuracy. It's a unity piece like ghastly +1, so it's easy to miss if you just look at the items listed on the bgwiki page by armor slot (since the aug is only shown on the item page itself) but it's out there, and it's really good for aeolian edge.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Yiazmaat
Server: Carbuncle
user: Rudra
By Carbuncle.Yiazmaat 2022-01-27 08:42:33
Link | Quote | Reply

This is not what i meant. I meant that this thread didnt turn the way it should have, so why not trying to restart ? This is what i meant. Taking considération of the OP and most of the answers to it.
By Shuko 2022-01-27 09:25:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Melphina said: »
Quote:
ItemSet 383402
Aeo Edge, and other magical uses Cape augs are pdt 10, macc/mdmg, int, int, and MAB

It's an expensive piece, but there is nothing that compares to oprheus's sash in an aeolian edge build. The sash gives affinity bonus + 15 when you're standing on top of the target, and since aeolian edge is typically used at point blank range the most you lose is a point or two of affinity on a couple mobs that end up standing a bit farther back when you're cleaving. The difference between orpheus's sash and the next best piece is huge, which is why the price tag is what it is.

It's also worth noting that magic accuracy is usually not an issue with aeolian edge unless the mobs are resistant to wind, at which point you usually have resist issues no matter what (puks are a good example for this). If magic accuracy is not an issue then the baetyl pendant dropped from warder of love has 3 more magic attack than the sanctity necklace which translates to a higher damage potential.

There are two other pieces I would point you toward. And those are Ghastly tathlum +1 and Metamorph Ring +1. My unity is almost always first or second place, so I almost always get 10 or 11 int from ghastly tathlum +1, which I've found is enough to beat pemph tathlum +1. Aeolian edge has a 40% INT mod and int also affects magic weaponskill base damage via the dINT calculation. I've tested the two multiple times at 3k tp against different camps and ghastly +1 has consistently come ahead for me. Interesting note here: While ghastly +1 beats out pemph tathlum +1 in all my samples, it does not beat out seething bomblet +1. That's not a dancer equippable piece, but my thief can vouch for the accuracy of this statement. So the order for ammo appears to be

Seething Bomblet +1 is slightly better than --> Ghastly +1 which is slightly better than --> pemph tathlum +1

Metamorph ring +1 gives you 16 INT and 15 magic accuracy, which puts it slightly ahead of shiva's +1 for raw damage, and well ahead of shiva's +1 for magic accuracy. It's a unity piece like ghastly +1, so it's easy to miss if you just look at the items listed on the bgwiki page by armor slot (since the aug is only shown on the item page itself) but it's out there, and it's really good for aeolian edge.

I love the suggestions, I have seen every single mimic drop exclusive to AMAN trove aside from that blessed sash, or some of my lucky mates saw it in NNI during bonus months. I have not been so lucky, but yeah I could see how that would be an amazing upgrade, I've never had a chance to play with one yet. I'll look into the ammo, I have the bomblet, and ring I'll give them a whirl
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2022-01-27 09:26:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
This is not what i meant. I meant that this thread didnt turn the way it should have, so why not trying to restart ? This is what i meant. Taking considération of the OP and most of the answers to it.

What was said was said, and the OP has already been revised a few times. Disagreements on the internet are normal and the drama in this thread is honestly pretty trivial. The OP has acknowledged the feedback and is in the process of moving forward with reworking his sets and their accompanying descriptions. I see no issues with this. It's no different from managing a project really. You don't just scrap it and start over every time something comes up you didn't plan for; you just adapt and move on.

Quote:
I'll look into the ammo, I have the bomblet, I'll give it a whirl

Dancer cannot equip seething bomblet +1. I specifically mentioned that I did that testing on thief, and that I was listing it as a reference to show how the relationship between Int and MaB affect one another. No matter how many times you try to jam that bomblet in the ammo slot on dancer it just won't fit. Trust me.. I've tried.
[+]
By Shuko 2022-01-27 09:45:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I discovered that a few moments later when going thru gear, guess its back to more lower sheol farming for aug pieces on that other ammo, cause screw 800k a stack AH lol

Best part of the Gaols? Get your L. Wings while their hot lol, scales or hides? ; ;
[+]
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2022-01-27 10:10:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Ghastly isn't that much better than pemph +1. I wouldn't build it specifically for aeolian edge unless I had spare resources (then again 10 mil also isn't a huge sum of gil nowadays either, so it's your call). I play black mage so I already had it upgraded when I went to do the testing, and the same goes for metamorph ring +1. Just throwing that out there. In the case of the ammo ghastly is better, but it's a lot of investment for a minimal return if you aren't using it to nuke with on mage jobs as well.
[+]
By Shuko 2022-01-27 15:33:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I'm a mastered whm and sch, use them both regularly, so the ammo piece is probly worth it, have had the ring for a little while aug'd
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [50 days between previous and next post]
 Siren.Cswanny
Server: Siren
user: swanny92
By Siren.Cswanny 2022-03-18 13:09:27
Link | Quote | Reply

This whole thread is GOLD. Lmao
[+]
By Shuko 2022-03-22 07:01:58
Link | Quote | Reply

heh, my original love hate friend returns! <3
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [317 days between previous and next post]
By rikus01 2023-02-02 12:59:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Necro Post:

Are these sets still current given the new Emp +3 set and v25 Odyssey increases?
 Asura.Bippin
Server: Asura
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2023-02-03 17:50:05
Link | Quote | Reply

rikus01 said: »
Are these sets still current given the new Emp +3 set and v25 Odyssey increases?
Sets weren't really current when they were first posted...
[+]
By rikus01 2023-02-06 16:50:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bippin said: »
Sets weren't really current when they were first posted...
Ok. Any idea on where one can go to see current DNC sets?
 Bahamut.Skald
Server: Bahamut
user: Jimmyjazz
By Bahamut.Skald 2023-02-07 19:16:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Necro Post:

You can check out page 1 of "The Last Dance" for spreadsheet oriented TP as well as ATK cap/uncap WS sets, they should be accurate and current.

Beyond that there is a lot to consider when it comes to DNC TP, long fight, short fight, having a tank or not, regularly pulling hate or not, Saber Dance/Fan Dance up/down/neutral, your actual role in the situation, AOE DMG, positioning and so on.

These are sets I am most commonly using and some more rarely which are near to glass cannon. As well, some absolutely niche for various tanking purposes if your friends like you enough to let you do such a thing.

Maculele toe shoes can be a swap to Horos toe shoes, safety, merits and positioning dependent. TA herc boots are a consideration as well, I fullt-time Empyrean since +3 for DT reasons and because I dump Closed Position merits to Fan Dance 5/5 for tanking. Still no +2 Maculele earring here (big sad face), this could easily be a swap to something like Telos but it's in there for reference. Setan Kober is B. Ranked Coiste, Acrontica and Gleti's. Blank waist in Counter is Cornelia's Belt. Basic Waltz undercaps at 44 without Gleti or Acrontica offhand.

ItemSet 387956

ItemSet 387955

ItemSet 387952

ItemSet 387950

ItemSet 387949

ItemSet 387948

ItemSet 389719

ItemSet 389720

ItemSet 387869

ItemSet 387868

ItemSet 389723

ItemSet 389724

ItemSet 389725
[+]
By Taint 2023-02-08 06:26:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Setan B/Cento. Is a really strong combo for SB builds.
By Hythla 2023-02-09 08:37:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Would anyone be willing to share an updated (and current) dancer GS?