Forum » FFXI » General » December 2021 Version Update
December 2021 Version Update
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-12-10 14:18:27
Link | Quote | Reply

See you're using logic and square has never even once considered logic in their decisions. it is a completely random 50/50 what they intended.

It is just as likely to be +3 as it is unlikely to ever have +3. Whichever way you assume it to be you can be certain it is the opposite.
[+]
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2021-12-10 14:19:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aeonova said: »
It takes 5 metal/fiber to take a NQ item to +1. 10 to take that item to +2. 75 to take 5 items in a set from NQ all to HQ. 75 x 5 sets = 375. You can complete all Ambuscade armor sets now in a single month basically.

Too bad they forgot about easing Capes and Weapons upgrade item monthly limits. Maybe someday in the future.

This also confirms it IMO. You have EXACTLY enough materials to +2 all of the sets in a single month.

They didn't touch capes because capes will always be useful, and thus it makes sense for SE to drip-feed you new capes over time. It affects all players, so "new capes" is a reason to keep any character playing month-to-month. The +2 gear is still useful for certain slots, but I interpret their role as becoming similar to Sparks gear in the long-run.
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2021-12-10 14:28:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
See you're using logic and square has never even once considered logic in their decisions. it is a completely random 50/50 what they intended.

It is just as likely to be +3 as it is unlikely to ever have +3. Whichever way you assume it to be you can be certain it is the opposite.

I'm viewing this more from a business lens, I guess. Especially given the lack of resources they have to add new content.

Whenever you increase the "top cap" on gear, you want to adjust the "low cap" on gear too. Adding new content gives the best players incentive to get shiny new gear, and thus keep playing. But you also want to keep throwing bones to the weaker players, so that they feel like they are getting stronger too. Otherwise, all of the best gear stays at the top of the hierarchy, and weaker players get stuck in Sparks gear.

Odyssey + RP grind gives endgame players a reason to keep playing, because they feel like they are getting stronger.

Making previously exceptional gear easier to access for weaker players gives them a reason to keep playing, because they feel like they are getting stronger.

Put simply: power creep affects both the upper and lower bounds of gear. That's how you keep subscriptions going for as cheap as possible.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2021-12-10 17:59:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Does the EXP campaign affect how much Exemplar points we get?
 Asura.Yottaxa
user: Yottaxa
By Asura.Yottaxa 2021-12-10 18:06:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said: »

If it doesnt say exemplar, I would assume that the only known buff to exemplar points is still just corsair’s roll.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2021-12-10 18:13:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Yottaxa said: »
Cerberus.Kylos said: »

If it doesnt say exemplar, I would assume that the only known buff to exemplar points is still just corsair’s roll.

Exemplar Points is given based on how much EXP you get, which is why adding a Corsair roll increases them. SE specifically made it so other EXP boosters do not affect it, however, I was interested to know if this applies to the EXP campaign as well.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-12-10 19:29:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Beating the new VR mission gives access to two more RoEs for Silver Vouchers.

The first one is at E-7 in Aydeewa, and is a pretty unremarkable Golem. It's pretty easily reached using the survival guide.

The second is at H-6 in Arrapago on the Nuhn map. It's a Morbol that popped using Bad Breath as its first move, but not very threatening overall. It's pretty easily reached using the Caedarva survival guide.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2021-12-10 19:51:09
Link | Quote | Reply

muh silver vouchers, they need to offer something better.

Even some monthly maats mix to use on jobs you cba to cp on would be better than gambling slips.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2021-12-11 05:07:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
They should bring back Goblin Bounty Hunters to counteract RMT

This is amazing.

Apex Bounty Hunter, lv200 mob, aggro alliances of 7-11 members.
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-12-11 06:09:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Vegetaa said: »
5. Dragon Quest crossover event. Rare AF.

Any idea when this starts?

Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
Server: Sylph
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2021-12-11 12:02:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Hopefully the XIV crossover event also happens at the same time. Historicall, both have run consecutively.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Vegetaa
Server: Lakshmi
user: vegetaa
By Lakshmi.Vegetaa 2021-12-11 12:06:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks!
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-12-13 05:36:49
Link | Quote | Reply

So does the campaign do anything to Exemplar points or is it just Experience and Capacity bonus?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-12-13 08:35:56
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2021-12-13 12:31:55
Link | Quote | Reply

KujahFoxfire said: »
Does not affect Exemplar points

Boooo.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-12-13 13:26:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
They should bring back Goblin Bounty Hunters to counteract RMT

This is amazing.

Apex Bounty Hunter, lv200 mob, aggro alliances of 7-11 members.

It would only be good if they never announced the aggro conditions. Normal players/parties would be completely unaffected, but RMT would constantly get slaughtered and not really know why for a time. It would force them out of zones out of fear, but normal players wouldn't have to since we never form parties over 6 for CP/JP.

They could also implement something like an "Idle" timer or a monster that identifies "robotic activity", and the Goblin only targets players who exhibit certain behavior. Would be both funny and effective.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-12-13 13:33:48
Link | Quote | Reply

It's fun to fantasize but the harsh reality is they would purposely design it to impede regular players and completely pointless to bots. The goblin fishermen were more detrimental to a dunes party than they ever were to an actual fishbot. (or beneficial, as they were higher level and easier to kill than a normal goblin)

Ever see how the bots handle the Apex Ironclads?

Before mentioning that they would never do it in the first place because why would they purposely cost themselves bot subs, come on now. It's not 2006.
[+]
 Leviathan.Stamos
Server: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2021-12-13 14:45:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Would be awesome though if it just popped in like the Kool-Aid man and started destroying everyone
[+]
 Lakshmi.Cesil
user: Valkyrie
By Lakshmi.Cesil 2021-12-13 15:49:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Funkworkz said: »

Hopefully the XIV crossover event also happens at the same time. Historicall, both have run consecutively.

Omg I've been waiting for long for the ffxiv event! I want the spriggan outfit so bad.
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2021-12-13 18:44:56
Link | Quote | Reply

For better or for worse, bots/RMT are a pretty integral part of the game economy at the moment. (At the very least, on lower-population servers). RMT is only really a problem if they directly impede other players' abilities to access content, mobs, or camps.

A few days ago (on Phoenix) a few of the big REMA material sellers in PJ got clapped, and we definitely noticed, lol.
 Cpu
By Cpu 2021-12-13 22:41:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Dabackpack said: »
For better or for worse, bots/RMT are a pretty integral part of the game economy at the moment. (At the very least, on lower-population servers). RMT is only really a problem if they directly impede other players' abilities to access content, mobs, or camps.

A few days ago (on Phoenix) a few of the big REMA material sellers in PJ got clapped, and we definitely noticed, lol.
They decrease the price of various farmable items via the reduced costs of automation/Chinese people. They aren’t integral though. If you removed them from circulation entirely then any gaps would be filled very quickly by people who are willing to farm the content manually for a corresponding increase in payment. The difference would end up being that it costs three or four months of effort to buy the alexandrite for a mythic instead of one.
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2021-12-14 00:30:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Cpu said: »
Phoenix.Dabackpack said: »

They decrease the price of various farmable items via the reduced costs of automation/Chinese people. They aren’t integral though. If you removed them from circulation entirely then any gaps would be filled very quickly by people who are willing to farm the content manually for a corresponding increase in payment. The difference would end up being that it costs three or four months of effort to buy the alexandrite for a mythic instead of one.

It's the kind of thing that disproportionately affects casual/low-geared players vs. high-end players. It doesn't super affect a rich player who wants the mythic: he's gonna get it anyway. But the casual playerbase gets kinda screwed if the prices rise dramatically, because the difference between 90mil and 200mil is tremendous at that level. 90mil is difficult but manageable, 200mil isn't for most people. These players are a part of the lifeblood of this game, so it's not something that we can totally ignore.

The Ambuscade reward system helped a lot with this--- making upgrade materials easier to obtain for EVERYONE means there is less of a collective reliance on RMT to bring these materials into circulation.

But higher prices would still be a setback to the playerbase overall, I think.
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-12-14 02:13:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Also... Slime time!

[+]
 Asura.Shiehna
By Asura.Shiehna 2021-12-14 02:22:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Am I the only person that finds the text on their site *** impossible to read?
Lol wow that looks bad, how the hell do they expect people to read that? Talk about crap color choice for the font and background. xD Also super looking forward to the Dragon Quest and (hopefully) FFXIV events! I think those are like the only major seasonal events I never got to do for FFXI since they happened during my 9 year break from the game. =P
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-12-14 02:26:18
Link | Quote | Reply

It's better with my Dark Reader addon for my browser disabled.

For months I had just been doing a "Select All" on screen to make it visible.

I made my own life-hack for a problem that I caused myself. Derp!
 Asura.Shiehna
By Asura.Shiehna 2021-12-14 02:30:25
Link | Quote | Reply

It's better with my Dark Reader addon for my browser disabled.

For months I had just been doing a "Select All" on screen to make it visible.

I made my own life-hack for a problem that I caused myself. Derp!
Oh okay, I was about to say if SE actually made the color that poor it would be pretty sad lol. But yeah idk how you could read stuff with that addon haha. xD Although I hear ya about the sand and snowy areas being blinding during the really sunny times in game, it's horrible! I'm using Reshade to enhance the lighting on top of that so sometimes the snow is so bad I can't even see the ground lol. D=
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-12-14 04:52:50
Link | Quote | Reply

This campaign is supposed to have "Alter egos will have stronger resistance to status ailments", right? I seem to be getting hit with every enfeeble monsters use on my team. Anyone else or is it just me having some bad luck?
By SimonSes 2021-12-14 05:41:17
Link | Quote | Reply

This campaign is supposed to have "Alter egos will have stronger resistance to status ailments", right? I seem to be getting hit with every enfeeble monsters use on my team. Anyone else or is it just me having some bad luck?

Which monster?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-12-14 05:54:49
Link | Quote | Reply

They have zero elemental resist, only yoran is ever going to actually fully resist anything. The campaign will just make them wear faster.