Broken Harvesting Nodes?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Gathering » Harvesting » Broken Harvesting Nodes?
Broken Harvesting Nodes?
 Asura.Emba
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Emba
By Asura.Emba 2021-09-16 01:32:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I was Harvesting the nodes in Bhaflau Thickets today for some Simsim to use in the Humpty Dumpty synth but I encountered an issue where they stopped spawning. It's been several hours now and I have even checked on multiple characters but no dice.

Am I going crazy here or did I break the zone somehow? Explored everywhere you can possibly go as well to ensure there were not phantom nodes added that were not recorded on the HELM maps but that also yielded nothing. Anyone got any insight?
 Lakshmi.Avereith
Server: Lakshmi
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-09-16 05:58:46
Link | Quote | Reply

You're just missing some and not checking them and those are the ones that are currently up. Only a certain amount of glowy helm points can be up at once, so you need to scan them all instead of only checking a few
 Fenrir.Melphina
Server: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2021-09-16 07:47:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
It's been several hours now

S-E implemented an anti-bot feature years back where any player harvesting or gathering in the same zone for an extended period of time will encounter "gathering fatigue". After a certain point in time nodes stop spawning for that character entirely. All you have to do to reset the timer is change zones. And I do believe it has to be zoning rather than simply logging out and back in, although that last point I'm slightly unsure of.
 Asura.Emba
Server: Asura
user: Emba
By Asura.Emba 2021-09-16 11:45:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Avereith said: »
You're just missing some and not checking them and those are the ones that are currently up. Only a certain amount of glowy helm points can be up at once, so you need to scan them all instead of only checking a few

Not missing any, scoured the entire zone top to bottom.

Fenrir.Melphina said: »
Quote:
It's been several hours now

S-E implemented an anti-bot feature years back where any player harvesting or gathering in the same zone for an extended period of time will encounter "gathering fatigue". After a certain point in time nodes stop spawning for that character entirely. All you have to do to reset the timer is change zones. And I do believe it has to be zoning rather than simply logging out and back in, although that last point I'm slightly unsure of.

Zoned multiple times, checked on a different character/account. I also just checked now almost 16 hours later and they are still missing. Something is broken in that zone.
By Chimerawizard 2021-09-16 12:32:54
Link | Quote | Reply

two maps, don't know if the 2nd has any helm points. SE was doing VR in aht urhgan, maybe they removed one ID and didn't change the conditions of other points for despawn to not include said ID as next spawn.