Did Amplifiers Change In Any Horrible Way Sep14?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Odyssey » did amplifiers change in any horrible way Sep14?
did amplifiers change in any horrible way Sep14?
By SimonSes 2021-09-15 09:23:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Asura.Saevel said: »
You can do
V15 Bumba (Win) -> V15 Kalunga (30% damage) -> V15 Ngai (20% Damage) -> exit (scorecard value saved)

Then V15 Ongo (fail) -> Exit, V15 Ongo (win) -> exit, V0 Sgili -> Exit. Your saved scorecard value is still present.

Amp V15 Bumba (Win 3500pts, scorecard reset) -> Amp V15 Kalunga (30% damage 830 points) -> Amp V15 Ngai (20% Damage 819 points) -> exit (scorecard saved again)

The bolded part is misleading. You don't need to deal any damage to the to the NMs beyond tagging it (and timing out) to earn the Bonus. You only need to attempt 3 NMs in a row. Gaining RP or damaging it at 5% thresholds is not required on the intial 3 fights. That's only for when you want to earn boosted RP from an Amp (enhanced or otherwise) on the following fights. I can confirm this part. You also won't lose an active bonus streak if you don't deal 5%. You just won't get RP from that NM.

That would be the bug tho since in update adding Moogle Amplifier, the description was:

Quote:
If the players engage in three battles in a row and earn reinforcement points from all three, the amount of reinforcement points granted by the Moogle Amplifier the next time they enter a Sheol: Goal will be greatly increased for one time only.

*A message will display when the above conditions are met.
*The degree of reinforcement point increase depends on the average vengeance level completed for the three battles.

Maybe they fixed this with this update too?
By SimonSes 2021-09-15 09:25:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I listed what we were actually doing, we know we only need to deal 5% HP, and there have been fights where something went south and we barely squeaked through at 94% on Kalunga.

Buukki means you dont even need to make 5% to earn bonus.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-09-15 09:26:01
Link | Quote | Reply

edit: simon beat me
By SimonSes 2021-09-15 09:28:43
Link | Quote | Reply

edit: simon beat me

I wouldn't dare to punch you! :)
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-09-15 09:45:46
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »

Could be both. The one Thorny linked where you are kicked out after the second NM only happens occasionally, where the requirements for earning a boosted RP can be completed by anyone with no effort at all, and is always present. That is an even bigger exploit, and based on the wording of the patch notes, it seems like it is about that.

As far as I know, I have not seen anyone submit a report for the bug I mentioned and out of dozens of triple-NM runs, I have only experienced this once. They may not even be aware of it.
 Siren.Codegen
Server: Siren
user: Genome
By Siren.Codegen 2021-09-15 12:56:44
Link | Quote | Reply

those bugs sound like they might be what they actually fixed, especially if they do't happen anymore. Still if anybody does a few 3x runs in a row we'll know for sure.

Also while the current amplifier system is kind of weird for a party, it is nice to know you can solo finishing RP points on armor even if not as efficiently as with a party, and for that it does take skill and strategy to do at least 6% on a v15 reliably using just trusts and 1 character. so you have a challenge too but also an alternative in case you get really out of sync with a group that already completed some armor etc.
It also makes moogle mastery worth maxing which is nice too.
By SimonSes 2021-09-15 14:50:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Codegen said: »
for that it does take skill and strategy to do at least 6% on a v15 reliably using just trusts and 1 character.

Really? You need to do like 120k

On Blunt NMs MNK can easily do that with both SP2 before NM can even TP move once.
On slashing weak DRK/SAM/WAR can do it easily using their SPs
On piercing weak, THF can do it before Perfect Dodge is down with TA and SA. DNC can super easily do it with Climactic Rudra spam with SP2. SAM/WAR can do it too with shining one and SPs. There is way more jobs that can be used (like Overdrive PUP, RDM with enfeebling, BST with unleash KI+Ooze then TP drainkiss spam, DRG using both SPs and high jump to reset TP and Savage/Polearm) SPs on many jobs will easily push you through 5%. I dont see where you need skill here, unless you are heavily undergeared.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-09-15 14:55:06
Link | Quote | Reply

piercing weak

I was testing something on Xevioso/Arebati and I was able to deal 5% dmg on RNG with trust tank in a couple minutes. Its pretty braindead. Easier if you have RR.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-09-15 14:55:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Could be both. The one Thorny linked where you are kicked out after the second NM only happens occasionally, where the requirements for earning a boosted RP can be completed by anyone with no effort at all, and is always present. That is an even bigger exploit, and based on the wording of the patch notes, it seems like it is about that.

As far as I know, I have not seen anyone submit a report for the bug I mentioned and out of dozens of triple-NM runs, I have only experienced this once. They may not even be aware of it.

Oddly enough my ody static I'm part of experienced the "kick out after 2 NMs yet still get triple bonus" on Monday for the first time.
By aisukage 2021-09-15 15:00:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Oddly enough my ody static I'm part of experienced the "kick out after 2 NMs yet still get triple bonus" on Monday for the first time.

We had that happen to us once last week. Was an interesting bug. Not sure what caused it though.
 Fenrir.Velner
Server: Fenrir
user: Velner
By Fenrir.Velner 2021-09-15 15:17:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I've read through this thread. . . does the 3x NM timeout method still work? Can you still get 3000 - 800 - 800 by doing 5% damage and timing out?
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2021-09-15 18:04:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Velner said: »
I've read through this thread. . . does the 3x NM timeout method still work? Can you still get 3000 - 800 - 800 by doing 5% damage and timing out?

I'll tell you guys tomorrow when we do our regularly scheduled runs, if nobody else gets around to it first.
[+]
 Siren.Codegen
By Siren.Codegen 2021-09-15 18:14:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Codegen said: »
for that it does take skill and strategy to do at least 6% on a v15 reliably using just trusts and 1 character.

Really? You need to do like 120k

On Blunt NMs MNK can easily do that with both SP2 before NM can even TP move once.
On slashing weak DRK/SAM/WAR can do it easily using their SPs
On piercing weak, THF can do it before Perfect Dodge is down with TA and SA. DNC can super easily do it with Climactic Rudra spam with SP2. SAM/WAR can do it too with shining one and SPs. There is way more jobs that can be used (like Overdrive PUP, RDM with enfeebling, BST with unleash KI+Ooze then TP drainkiss spam, DRG using both SPs and high jump to reset TP and Savage/Polearm) SPs on many jobs will easily push you through 5%. I dont see where you need skill here, unless you are heavily undergeared.
Really.
The problem is not damage, although you have to choose your trusts carefully and can't use a Geo trust, but rather the aura removal and tp feed.

If you are unlucky and they get an aura 3 times you are basically done, hopefully you did enough damage by then but maybe not. Also your TP set is limited, you can't go full glass cannon because multiple Arabati aoe moves do 1500+ on DNC in anything other than full nyame (you don't get any barblizzard etc with just trusts and most are heavy magic damage moves).
Try it yourself and tell me which trusts you used to win consistently and I'll be more interested in that, but each choice can be a double-edge sword with trusts, some offensive buffs from Qultada and King are nice to have but they also feed a lot of TP unnecessarily to the mob, so it's not a given, and when multiple fetters and frost for 200 HP a tick or more start to appear it's hard to both proc successfully an stay alive.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-09-15 19:16:16
Link | Quote | Reply

It's about dealing all of the damage up front before* he uses the aura. DNC can do like 30k buffless Rudras with climactic flourish, and assuming you SP and throw up fan dance, you're probably going to hit 5% well before it even gets an aura off. And if it does, it's easy to remove. You wouldn't be focusing on removing the third one, because if you're soloing, you're not likely going to be alive by then. 5% on dancer from a piercing job with an exploitable SP it's not that hard at all. If I could deal that kind of damage on ranger without SP, DNC definitely can.

*You can get unlucky and get an aura immediately. I know this.
 Ragnarok.Jukiro
Server: Ragnarok
user: ikariiiii
By Ragnarok.Jukiro 2021-09-16 00:08:50
Link | Quote | Reply

We did two runs today:

Bumba V15 (cleared 100%-0%), Arebati V15 to about 80%, Goggmagog V15 100%-0%

Some of my group used amplifier before the run, others that don't need Bumba points used it on Arebati. Everyone got the bonus RP as expected on both runs.

A LS mate suggested that maybe they just patched something glitchy that would happen on runs. Otherwise, business as usual here.
[+]
 Siren.Codegen
By Siren.Codegen 2021-09-16 00:17:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks, yes same I did 3 runs after that and amplifiers even within the run worked as before, I didn't use up my triple charge from that run yet but sounds like you have, so yeah it must have been they patched the more recent glitch where people would get a 3x charge from just two fights, which seems like something they introduced maybe in the monthly update and then emergency patched it a few days later on the 14th.
 Bahamut.Mhysa
Server: Bahamut
user: Nathoo
By Bahamut.Mhysa 2021-09-16 09:52:08
Link | Quote | Reply

We did Kalunga + Gogmaggog + the butterfly yesterday, everything looked normal to us! :)
 Shiva.Berzerk
Server: Shiva
user: Berzerk06
By Shiva.Berzerk 2021-09-16 10:54:26
Link | Quote | Reply

If you start out with a fully boosted amplifier, then do 2 more V15 in the same run do you get a fully boosted amplifier again? Or once you use the fully boosted one do you have to exit and re-do the boosting?

Example:
V15 -> V15 -> V15 -> Exit with x8-9 boost
V15 (boosted x8-9) -> V15 -> V15 -> Exit with x8-9 boost?

Also, can you use amplifiers on the 2nd/3rd V15s while building up boost and still get the x8-9 at the end for subsequent runs?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-09-16 11:17:12
Link | Quote | Reply

You can maintain boosted amplifier by continuously doing 3NM. You don't have to use an amplifier too activate this, but you can use two nq amplifiers after using a boosted one if you want additional RP on the other bosses. This is the standard practice for maximizing RP
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2021-09-17 07:23:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Last night we ran back to back triple NM runs and the amps worked the same way they did before.

V15 Bumba (~300 points) -> V15 Kalunga (Amp ~3200 points) -> V15 Ngai (Amp ~800 points).

So the main way to farm RP is still solid.
By SimonSes 2021-09-17 08:28:16
Link | Quote | Reply

(~300 points)

You win and got 392 points (or more if it healed past thresholds), or you didnt win and you got below 196. There is no ~300 option.
 Fenrir.Melphina
Server: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2021-09-17 10:33:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Edit: Never mind, misinterpreted what I was reading. Just forget about this post.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-09-17 10:39:52
Link | Quote | Reply

A normal amplifier win gives you 1176. A charged amp win gives 3528.

You can't earn ~300 points with or without an amplifier, and saevel wouldn't have used one in Bumba when he's probably capped on Nyame. He typoed