New HTBF Shinryu 2.0
First Page 2 3 ... 36 37 38 39
 Carbuncle.Arakon
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: arakon
By Carbuncle.Arakon 2022-10-05 22:58:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I tested 0/3, am wondering if it could be related to how fast the inventory loads after you zone in?

When I first zone in to the entrance area, the temporary items doesn't appear in the inventory. Then it gets loaded together with the wardrobes.

So if you are fast enough, you can could be in the BC before the inventory finish loading and the temp items only got loaded while you are in the BC.

i.e. The system on disable the temporary wardrobe when you enter the BC itself, so if the temp items load after the entry, they could remain in the inventory.
By Rips 2022-10-05 23:19:29
Link | Quote | Reply

How often does Crep Cloak from this? Is it 1% confirmed?

Haven't really followed it.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Vaerix 2022-10-05 23:34:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Rips said: »

I don't think anyone has confirmed but all of the non-bad(pebble/earring/ring) seem to be on a very small percentage. Some people have said they were over 100-200 VD fights before they finished an entire set. My worst runs were 0/20 for any of the rarer pieces. I've personally never seen the cloak in over 130 runs from Shinryu himself.(Thank God for AMAN)
 Bahamut.Arioch
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Arioch 2022-10-06 00:06:27
Link | Quote | Reply

has anyone tried entering the normal Wyrm God with an alternate character while in HTBF Wyrm God to see if temps appear?
By Rips 2022-10-06 00:38:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Vaerix said: »

I don't think anyone has confirmed but all of the non-bad(pebble/earring/ring) seem to be on a very small percentage. Some people have said they were over 100-200 VD fights before they finished an entire set. My worst runs were 0/20 for any of the rarer pieces. I've personally never seen the cloak in over 130 runs from Shinryu himself.(Thank God for AMAN)

Yeah. I’m pretty sure the cloaks and knives running around are more from AMAN than the BCNM at this point. With all my orbs I’ve gotten 5 cloaks and 6 knives at this point from it.
 Carbuncle.Arakon
By Carbuncle.Arakon 2022-10-06 03:28:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I managed to produce it one time but my steps are different.

Zone into the area, temp items not loaded yet, I talk to the npc selling the brew and bought one, used it and enter the HTMB, brew effect remains.
[+]
By Azrial 2022-10-06 03:58:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Arakon said: »
I managed to produce it one time but my steps are different.

Zone into the area, temp items not loaded yet, I talk to the npc selling the brew and bought one, used it and enter the HTMB, brew effect remains.

Confirmed to work

To add: I bought a brew the same way as above, and it did not load. I went back into the purchase menu, attempted to purchase another one. It told me I already had one. Looked again, there it was.
 Carbuncle.Arakon
By Carbuncle.Arakon 2022-10-06 04:09:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I think as long as you use the brew in the lobby, the effect will carry into the BC.
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2022-10-06 04:12:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I have never seen anything (other than the 3 "common" items) drop from this fight, but then again I've done around 300 Easy fights and no more than 15 VD ones.
99% of those fights were with TH9+, for what it's worth.
By SimonSes 2022-10-06 04:44:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Vaerix said: »

Yeah. I’m pretty sure the cloaks and knives running around are more from AMAN than the BCNM at this point. With all my orbs I’ve gotten 5 cloaks and 6 knives at this point from it.

After around 150D/VD with Th4 and 100+ E-N TH10 I only have Crepuscular Helm from armor/weapons and I haven't seen anything in last 100+ D/VD runs.
 Carbuncle.Arakon
By Carbuncle.Arakon 2022-10-06 06:02:28
Link | Quote | Reply

After running 8 runs, at VD, still nothing drop. Already had the basic 3 items.
By SimonSes 2022-10-06 06:10:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Arakon said: »
After running 8 runs, at VD, still nothing drop. Already had the basic 3 items.

It's like 99% base items 1% rare items split, so good luck XD
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2022-10-06 07:50:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Think this trick will be soon fixed in the upcoming october patch...
So I decided to spend the morning doing this fight on THF solo.

Some things to notice, it will allow you to buy a Primeval Brew even if you already have one, but until you do so, it might not appear in your temp items list (if you do, it 100% appears)
Remember you have to use it BEFORE you enter.

Once you're in, the fight is over in a bit more than 1 min even on a crappy THF like mine.

Did 30 VD runs and no drop with TH9+.
What can I say? This is quite stupid, but if they keep on saying that "nothing is wrong with the drop rate" then so be it.
[+]
By SimonSes 2022-10-06 07:52:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Think this trick will be soon fixed in the upcoming october patch...
So I decided to spend the morning doing this fight on THF solo.

Some things to notice, it will allow you to buy a Primeval Brew even if you already have one, but until you do so, it might not appear in your temp items list (if you do, it 100% appears)
Remember you have to use it BEFORE you enter.

Once you're in, the fight is over in a bit more than 1 min even on a crappy THF like mine.

Did 30 VD runs and no drop with TH9+.
What can I say? This is quite stupid, but if they keep on saying that "nothing is wrong with the drop rate" then so be it.

Not like I can use my 120M of Cruor somewhere else too :D
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2022-10-06 07:57:03
Link | Quote | Reply

True true.
I made it more a matter of "I can spend my precious time doing other things I enjoy more, rather than wasting it on something with such low % of giving me what I want".

But that's of course a highly subjective topic, and it's relevant for me at this time because I have other things I very much like more to do atm. If I were on one of those periods of time where only FFXI exists for me, I might have had a different outcome.
 Asura.Asalith
user: Smegpot
By Asura.Asalith 2022-10-06 08:08:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I was doing this fight twice a day (sometimes many more) for months (pre-AMAN).
1/11 on scythe, 1/72 on dagger and then lost exact count around there... got the rest in the next 300~ish kills and then the cloak after about 700 kills.
Probably 20~ D with TH4 and then the rest on VD with mostly TH4 and occasionally someone would join on THF for higher TH values.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-10-06 08:13:10
Link | Quote | Reply

It's even more funny this HTBF can be broken, because the NPC specifically tells you "temp items are disabled for this fight".

The Cruor Prospector is taking one for the team.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Arakon
By Carbuncle.Arakon 2022-10-06 09:01:37
Link | Quote | Reply

To speed up entry, just create an alias or macro to use the brew and enter when you see the brew being used. Don't have to keep checking inventory.

alias brew input /item "Primeval Brew" <me>

I just spam the alias and enter when the brew is used.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-10-06 09:16:46
Link | Quote | Reply

More people have done this HTBF in the past hour than have probably done it all week. Inb4 SE lowers the drop rate even further to compensate for this goof
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2022-10-06 09:51:17
Link | Quote | Reply

How about instead they fix this bug and fix the droprate as well and stop being unreasonable about it?

Such droprates with TH9+ on VD are beyond reasonable.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-10-06 09:56:24
Link | Quote | Reply

All this bug does is get you mad faster than it did before. Solo. Rushing to do the fight and clear it in a minute is meaningless really when nothing drops. I'm over 100 kills on VD before this was discovered, and I have not seen one non-accessory drop, not including the other dozens of runs on VE-D. The drop rate is just BAD bad.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Arakon
By Carbuncle.Arakon 2022-10-06 09:59:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I just treat it like AMAN Chest, instead of trying to pop the 9 chests by luck, we are running to the center chest for the drop.
 Phoenix.Serveroz
Server: Phoenix
user: Serveroz
By Phoenix.Serveroz 2022-10-06 22:09:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Wait... do you guys actually farm this thing? I got all my drops from aman.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Konvict
user: Smasher
By Lakshmi.Konvict 2022-10-06 23:22:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Did about 50 runs on VD all with TH8/9 saw one scythe that's it. Drop rate is hideous.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2022-10-07 02:37:58
Link | Quote | Reply

This makes sense on why the drop rates are so bad. They wanted us to brew it like the old days. SE coming in hard with that nostalgia.
[+]
By SimonSes 2022-10-07 02:53:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
How about instead they fix this bug and fix the droprate as well and stop being unreasonable about it?

Such droprates with TH9+ on VD are beyond reasonable.

It's not a drop rate, it's a split rate. If you send away or drop all of your accessories, you will notice on VD with TH9 things drops regularly, but the problem is split inside the slot. It's like 99% chance for accessories and 1% for armor/weapon. Think about it like it's King Behemoth and armor/weapon are D. Ring and accessories are Pixie Earring, except the split is even worse.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2022-10-07 14:12:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah that is exactely what I meant Simon, alas.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-10-07 14:30:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Those are the semantics games SE likes to play. if you don't spell things out exactly, this is what you get in return.

Us - "The drop rate is too low"
Them - "Ok. The drop rate has been adjusted, and we had someone check. It's extremely high now. As a trade off, 30 merits are now needed for the KI"
Us - "Ok. There's still something wrong with the distribution within the drop pools, though. Can you fix that? armor/weapons are still super rare"
Them - "we already fixed the drop rate"
Us - "but it changed nothing. it now costs us MORE merits for the same drop rate distribution. wtf?"
[+]
 Asura.Zacheus
user: Zacheus
By Asura.Zacheus 2022-10-07 14:54:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Realistically, is this brew bug something that SE would spank us for taking advantage of?
First Page 2 3 ... 36 37 38 39