Link | Quote | Reply

So what set up is used for VD?
 Asura.Geriond
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-09-05 15:28:14
Link | Quote | Reply

After some more testing, it looks like Shinryu having its wings spread makes Cataclysmic Vortex do +50% damage.

This was on VD, so it might have a lesser (or no) effect on lower difficulties.
By Wiking 2021-09-06 05:08:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I've done VD a couple of times now with WHM, GEO, BRD, COR, DD, DD. Preferably a yagrush whm. WHM spams curaga pretty much.
[+]
By Starbucks 2021-09-06 06:20:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Does everyone use Savage Blade?
 Asura.Jdove
user: erasmuss
By Asura.Jdove 2021-09-06 08:30:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Starbucks said: »
Does everyone use Savage Blade?
It's all anyone knows how to do anymore, I'm amazed at the amount of people who don't even know how elemental weaknesses work anymore, not that its relevent in this fight but still.
SAVAGE BLADE ALL THE THINGS!!!!!
 Bismarck.Sterk
Server: Bismarck
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Sterk 2021-09-06 08:57:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Starbucks said: »
So what set up is used for VD?
SAM BRD WHM is enough for pretty quick VDs.
[+]
 Bahamut.Kelg
Server: Bahamut
user: Kelg
By Bahamut.Kelg 2021-09-11 23:07:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm convinced the dev team doesn't test their own game... I can't imagine that the drop rate is intended to be like this considering I've done over 100 fights on D with TH4 and haven't seen anything other than earring/ring/pebble... Are we supposed to play this fight out 1000 times for one drop on VD? The gear is not even that amazing for how rare it is. We're basically looking at a fight that cost 30 merits and has a worse drop rate on rare items than E Lilith. What's the deal with this?
[+]
 Odin.Foxmulder
Server: Odin
user: Chakan
By Odin.Foxmulder 2021-09-11 23:44:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Matsui says the dev team tests the game in a single-player setup of some variety. So, yeah, they don't really test the game properly at all.
 Sylph.Stifler
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Stifler 2021-09-12 04:18:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I feel your pain, man. It's unbelievable how bad they messed up this HTB. The drop rate is worse than getting a K club on Normal. I've gotten the helm and scythe to drop in about 400 kills since this was released.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-09-12 10:13:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Kelg said: »
Are we supposed to play this fight out 1000 times for one drop on VD? The gear is not even that amazing for how rare it is.

Yes. This is exactly what they want you to do. Grind content for mediocre gear (Dagger is really good, though) for long periods of time so that you aren't ever focusing on how little content they are releasing. Can't complain that you're bored when there's still 1 item you will never see drop.
 Odin.Creaucent
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2021-09-12 10:16:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Kelg said: »
I'm convinced the dev team doesn't test their own game... I can't imagine that the drop rate is intended to be like this considering I've done over 100 fights on D with TH4 and haven't seen anything other than earring/ring/pebble... Are we supposed to play this fight out 1000 times for one drop on VD? The gear is not even that amazing for how rare it is. We're basically looking at a fight that cost 30 merits and has a worse drop rate on rare items than E Lilith. What's the deal with this?

They have to keep you playing some how till they release more content.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Tace
Server: Carbuncle
user: tace
By Carbuncle.Tace 2021-09-12 11:33:26
Link | Quote | Reply

our group has gotten all accessories and 1 dagger 1 body out of several hundred attempts on vd its moderately depressing...also pld can main heal a party of 6 when the whm dies at 98% due to vortex being shitty and forgetn rr T.T (im the whm)
[+]
 Sylph.Stifler
By Sylph.Stifler 2021-09-16 11:28:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been casually doing runs when I have downtime at work for the last 3-4 weeks and now I'm at 300+ runs in a row without a single drop. This is just absolutely ridiculous for a HTB. The majority of runs are on Normal with TH 10+, and decent amount on D and VD.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-09-16 11:46:30
Link | Quote | Reply

You said in your comment above 4 days ago you go scythe and helm in about 400 kills >.>
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-09-16 12:05:30
Link | Quote | Reply

He said 300+ in a row, not total.
 Sylph.Stifler
By Sylph.Stifler 2021-09-17 15:53:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I got the helm and scythe in the first 200 ish kills, so I figured it was pretty normal based off of everyone else's experience. I'm now at about 350+ kills in a row since the last drop on 08/27. I just have an extremely hard time believing this is the drop rate SE intended. The other new HTB's aren't even remotely close to this.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-09-17 17:58:49
Link | Quote | Reply

This BC is a complete ***storm, even by SE's standards. And while in this thread- why the blue *** couldn't SE have made it 25 merits per battle instead of 30 if they were insistent on bumping up the cost to reduce "congestion"?

This is the first content in a LONG time (Kings maybe?) where I looked at the odds vs the rewards and simply could not justify wasting my time on it.
[+]
 Siren.Kruel
Server: Siren
user: Kruel666
By Siren.Kruel 2021-09-17 19:00:05
Link | Quote | Reply

You've got to think they'll eventually do something about it, or it'll just be dead content.

Took me 130'ish VD kills with TH4, 150'ish overall kills to get my first non accesssory drop. lucky for me was the one I was looking for, but I had the odds in my head, I knew getting a non accessory drop was so rare that adding the multiple drops available when it finally happens reduces your chances by another astronomical level.

So my mindset was, keep plugging away till I finally get a drop, whether it's the right one or wrong one i'll be done either way.

The same as the previous poster, I now can't justify wasting my time on the other drops, even if a couple look nice.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-09-17 19:15:49
Link | Quote | Reply

They are going to come out in a few months and reveal that using the correct Emote after Shinryu raises it's wings opens a drop slot.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-09-17 19:25:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
They are going to come out in a few months and reveal that using the correct Emote after Shinryu raises it's wings opens a drop slot.

a WS performed with some random one-time event /lockstyle weapon will clearly open more drop slots like killing spitewardens.
 Siren.Kruel
Server: Siren
user: Kruel666
By Siren.Kruel 2021-09-17 19:28:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
I tried /raindance, what more can I do.
 Sylph.Stifler
By Sylph.Stifler 2021-09-18 03:59:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I wonder if the drop rate is better on Normal using TH8+ or doing D and VD with TH4. I've solo'd VD on BLU but it's such a pain and takes like 15+ min. I mean, either way it sounds brutal but Normal fights are only like 3min.
 Asura.Dexprozius
By Asura.Dexprozius 2021-09-22 21:48:52
Link | Quote | Reply

What avenue can we communicate to them that this is a major issue we want resolved? Do they take the official forums seriously? If a bunch of us all convey our frustrations there will it be enough to put it higher on their to-do list? This whole situation is simply a disaster.
 Odin.Foxmulder
user: Chakan
By Odin.Foxmulder 2021-09-22 21:59:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Dexprozius said: »
What avenue can we communicate to them that this is a major issue we want resolved? Do they take the official forums seriously? If a bunch of us all convey our frustrations there will it be enough to put it higher on their to-do list? This whole situation is simply a disaster.

The global community shot their shot on crying about the queue.
 Fenrir.Velner
Server: Fenrir
user: Velner
By Fenrir.Velner 2021-09-23 01:57:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Dexprozius said: »

I cannot imagine the developers will be very open to complaining about a drop rate. It does suck. It changed this HTBF from farm hard to doing it when the merits are there. For me, Shinryu has been slated to a daily task. The silver lining is that none of this gear is game-changing so have patience and burn merits when they're there.
 Asura.Dexprozius
By Asura.Dexprozius 2021-09-23 03:38:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Foxmulder said: »
The global community shot their shot on crying about the queue.

Its insane to me that they respond so quickly to people crying about a queue for BRAND NEW CONTENT. As if people weren't going to be rushing to do the new thing. Now it's literally a Ghost town on Asura, and given server populations I doubt its any more congested anywhere else. Regardless of how you view the situation it's clearly a mistake... they should do something about it. While I totally agree that the likelihood of them doing so is slim to none, I think we should still make it known that no one's happy about this. Beyond what they can already infer at least.

Fenrir.Velner said: »
I cannot imagine the developers will be very open to complaining about a drop rate. It does suck. It changed this HTBF from farm hard to doing it when the merits are there. For me, Shinryu has been slated to a daily task. The silver lining is that none of this gear is game-changing so have patience and burn merits when they're there.

They never "buff" drop rates, or if they do it's so miniscule that it really doesn't matter... Frankly I'd be happy with them reverting the merit cost nerf. It's not like we can expect them to increase our merit cap or something. If the activity is going to be a miserable dredge of a grind, at least let us do the activity instead of wasting huge chunks of time *** off to farm merits. It just feels like a major overcorrection and only served to kill a brand new piece of content that they obviously put time and effort into developing.
By Shichishito 2021-09-23 04:00:49
Link | Quote | Reply

content was already dead a month later when the free campaign started. entry zone was empty 95% of the time. i think what happened is ppl farmed the easy to get accessories and called it a day cause they didn't want to put up with that amount of grind for the only decent weapons and armor.
By Draylo 2021-09-23 04:16:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I told everyone they were just bitching and jumping the gun, already emtpy. Why do people constantly complain 24/7? The drop rates are bad, but we've dealt with worse.
 Asura.Dexprozius
By Asura.Dexprozius 2021-09-23 04:42:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Agreed with the sentiment, but what drop rate is worse than this? Omen bodies? It's kind of hard to compare anything to this because literally nothing drops other than accessories.
First Page 2 3 ... 27 28 29 ... 37 38 39