2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » New HTBF Shinryu 2.0
New HTBF Shinryu 2.0
First Page 2 3 ... 25 26 27 ... 37 38 39
By Draylo 2021-08-09 10:19:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I think its becoming more and more acceptable or common to become fully automated due to multi-boxing. Everyone and their grandma is doing it now, so they are justifying it as their means to play. I personally don't like the idea of being fully automated, especially since its an easy way for a ban during ban waves. If you're playing one character there should be no reason to automate.
[+]
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2021-08-09 10:38:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Foxmulder said: »
Draylo said: »
SE did have autojoin but it broke long long time ago and they never fixed it, its the "Autogroup" that turns the flag red. I can't figure out why it doesn't work unless its a windower thing preventing it lol

I've never seen it work, even when I tried using it in an overcrowded Valkurm Dunes as a newbie way, way back.
That has a very strict job setup to make it work, has fully worked since day one, and wasn't what I was talking about.'s
 Asura.Aldolol
Server: Asura
user: Aldolol
By Asura.Aldolol 2021-08-09 10:58:52
Link | Quote | Reply

There are an awful lot of WHM's who are using Cure Please, it's so *** obvious in Odyssey Gaol too, as they are sat there spamming erase for the aura, to only moan about running out of MP a few minutes later.

I do 6 box I use some automation, mainly getting them to target the same thing as me these days, since Cure Please was massively unreliable. IF you have the power to do it setting up keybinds and aliases is genuinely fun when multiboxing, but a multitude of players just use Cure Please due to not wanting to deal with the hassle of it. I certainly don't multibox because I think the game is a single player, all of my Odyssey was done with other people I do it because it's a reliable set of support job roles that I don't have to shout 1 hour for. I sometimes go about my way and see the same people shouting for the same roles (GEO, BRD, Tank) for like 1 hour, sometimes more.

This is partly the problem with the game these days, the entire end game content is reliant on people having to play roles that are not as fun and 1 maybe 2 people get to play DPS, it will never change but they need to adjust the effectiveness of buffs, but while things like BRD, GEO and COR are pretty much a mandatory for 99% of things, you are going to have people want to multi box them, because waiting around is something that isn't a thing in today's modern society in gaming.

I have no clue what any of this has to do with Shinryu, but i do know this fight and drops are aids, 0/130 now for dagger, but optimistic that someone in the LS has seen one so at least it does exist...
[+]
 Valefor.Heabea
Server: Valefor
user: Heabea
By Valefor.Heabea 2021-08-09 11:09:59
Link | Quote | Reply

we seriously need a separate board for 'bitching about bots and asura". I keep checking thinking something useful about Shinryu will be posted...
[+]
 Pandemonium.Zeto
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Zeto 2021-08-09 11:38:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aldolol said: »
There are an awful lot of WHM's who are using Cure Please, it's so *** obvious in Odyssey Gaol too, as they are sat there spamming erase for the aura, to only moan about running out of MP a few minutes later.

I do 6 box I use some automation, mainly getting them to target the same thing as me these days, since Cure Please was massively unreliable. IF you have the power to do it setting up keybinds and aliases is genuinely fun when multiboxing, but a multitude of players just use Cure Please due to not wanting to deal with the hassle of it. I certainly don't multibox because I think the game is a single player, all of my Odyssey was done with other people I do it because it's a reliable set of support job roles that I don't have to shout 1 hour for. I sometimes go about my way and see the same people shouting for the same roles (GEO, BRD, Tank) for like 1 hour, sometimes more.

This is partly the problem with the game these days, the entire end game content is reliant on people having to play roles that are not as fun and 1 maybe 2 people get to play DPS, it will never change but they need to adjust the effectiveness of buffs, but while things like BRD, GEO and COR are pretty much a mandatory for 99% of things, you are going to have people want to multi box them, because waiting around is something that isn't a thing in today's modern society in gaming.

I have no clue what any of this has to do with Shinryu, but i do know this fight and drops are aids, 0/130 now for dagger, but optimistic that someone in the LS has seen one so at least it does exist...
I do think part of the problem is the support roles are pretty zzz as a baseline. Sing songs/place bubbles every few minutes. And of course, the game is currently balanced around us buff stacking.

Also on the whole 14 can't be botted ***... it 100% can since the main XIV bots say they have dungeon botting and while bots for ultimates don't currently exist... a sufficiently well written bot could definitely do them since they're pretty light on the RNG that would make it a nightmare to automate. However, it's a very low return on investment for the bot writers so no one's bothered. You could almost script TEA. 14 fights are pretty scripted in general, even ultimates. Only big variance I can think of in TEA, for example, is wormholes but up till then, I'm pretty sure you could write a (sufficiently complex) script that handles all your movement/pushing your buttons and get to the final phase of the fight. The time it'd take to do that... that's another matter.

If something is sufficiently boring on a computer, people will find a way to automate it.
By joemamma 2021-08-09 11:51:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Complaining about bots and asura problems is more fun than the Shinryu fight. There I said it.

Shinryu has shitty drop rates / end discussion.
By joemamma 2021-08-09 11:52:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Heabea said: »
we seriously need a separate board for 'bitching about bots and asura". I keep checking thinking something useful about Shinryu will be posted...

Every thread turns into something about Asura or FFXI vs XIV. Or you are playing the game wrong. Here's why. It's just the way this forum works.
By Pantafernando 2021-08-09 11:52:36
Link | Quote | Reply

How can such shitty content managed to get till the page 26?

Thats surprising in a way
[+]
By joemamma 2021-08-09 11:55:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Wait till they add a HTBF for Bahamut or something. Same ***different dragon.
 Bahamut.Skald
Server: Bahamut
user: Jimmyjazz
By Bahamut.Skald 2021-08-09 12:47:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »

It's the secret gimmick to increase drops, just keep posting junks about bots/multiboxing/asura/ffxiv until shinryu gibs all the loot.

Pandemonium.Zeto said: »
This is partly the problem with the game these days, the entire end game content is reliant on people having to play roles that are not as fun and 1 maybe 2 people get to play DPS...

I do think part of the problem is the support roles are pretty zzz as a baseline. Sing songs/place bubbles every few minutes. And of course, the game is currently balanced around us buff stacking.

So if we are following the notion that only jobs that get to DD are fun I would only interject with dd brd and dd geo being a thing. While not viable in all content (more so concerning geo), there is great fun in how far you can push your parse that does not equate to how high up on the parse you reach.

If we are talking "baseline" as I think Zeto is implying bare-bones-minimum-required to play the job and contribute adequately then... ya, it can be boring (unless pretending you're a 2008 brd is your kink), and specifically for brd there is a lot of wasted potential where it is very cheap and easy to have a functioning set or two to be swinging when you aren't singing.
 Fenrir.Velner
Server: Fenrir
user: Velner
By Fenrir.Velner 2021-08-09 13:07:27
Link | Quote | Reply

For a moment I thought I clicked the wrong thread. On topic: 2/164 on drops. Still not great but we're getting there.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Zeto
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Zeto 2021-08-09 13:36:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Skald said: »
Pantafernando said: »

It's the secret gimmick to increase drops, just keep posting junks about bots/multiboxing/asura/ffxiv until shinryu gibs all the loot.

This is partly the problem with the game these days, the entire end game content is reliant on people having to play roles that are not as fun and 1 maybe 2 people get to play DPS...

So if we are following the notion that only jobs that get to DD are fun I would only interject with dd brd and dd geo being a thing. While not viable in all content (more so concerning geo), there is great fun in how far you can push your parse that does not equate to how high up on the parse you reach.

If we are talking "baseline" as I think Zeto is implying bare-bones-minimum-required to play the job and contribute adequately then... ya, it can be boring (unless pretending you're a 2008 brd is your kink), and specifically for brd there is a lot of wasted potential where it is very cheap and easy to have a functioning set or two to be swinging when you aren't singing.

I'm mostly referring to the baseline just getting started state of the jobs. A new(er) player won't necessarily have the resources to get their instruments or geo gear AND get their DD gear(even if it's easier now) and an experienced player would rather just be a SAM or MNK or w/e. So a new player would be stuck in the boring position because they can't afford the climb into DD support while an experienced player would rather just play an actual DD. So the end result is the just automate the stupid job.
 Lakshmi.Avereith
Server: Lakshmi
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-08-09 13:55:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Velner said: »
On topic: 2/164 on drops.
.... is that on VD O_o
By ScaevolaBahamut 2021-08-09 13:55:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm mostly referring to the baseline just getting started state of the jobs. A new(er) player won't necessarily have the resources to get their instruments or geo gear AND get their DD gear(even if it's easier now) and an experienced player would rather just be a SAM or MNK or w/e. So a new player would be stuck in the boring position because they can't afford the climb into DD support while an experienced player would rather just play an actual DD. So the end result is the just automate the stupid job.

There is also the issue that a mule has no agency, and thus will never actually want to invest time or resources into anything other than the specific things it needs to fill its narrow support purpose, and will never tire of it when that work is done.
 Bahamut.Skald
Server: Bahamut
user: Jimmyjazz
By Bahamut.Skald 2021-08-09 14:32:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, new-ish player is one thing and I don't disagree but that certainly is the minority. When it comes to established players and groups there is no reason to not have the job geared appropriately. Of course there is only so much of the party comp allotted for dedicated dd so what a certain player would rather play often falls second place to what the comp demands. It is in this scenario and regarding the subject of "dd is fun" where it is players required to fill these roles Aldolol brought up that I don't see the difference in doing it on brd vs the big hitters, big numbers syndrome aside.

I would prefer to full pup party everything, I also prefer to dd on brd over other dd jobs, maybe I'm just too spoony and all alone in the world? Maybe shinryu will drop muh knife in the next 141 runs?
 Fenrir.Velner
By Fenrir.Velner 2021-08-09 14:40:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Avereith said: »
.... is that on VD O_o

It is (; ; ) with TH 4
 Bismarck.Sterk
Server: Bismarck
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Sterk 2021-08-09 14:55:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I stopped counting, but I'm at around 2/100 on VD myself.
By joemamma 2021-08-09 14:57:54
Link | Quote | Reply

For a moment I thought I clicked the wrong thread. On topic: 2/164 on drops. Still not great but we're getting there.

Yea that is why I don't see any shouts for VD here on Asura.
By kasnuaku 2021-08-09 14:58:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I have got the dagger on VD before the update.
Now since then, we have got nothing on VD, done about maybe 50 fights now.
By Seun 2021-08-09 15:43:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Avereith said: »
.... is that on VD O_o

Be careful what you wish for I guess? People complained about congestion and drop rates. SE jacks the cost up and increases drop rates, but it just means you get to farm more merits for an increased chance at getting nothing because the ring you already have dropped again.

I may be in the minority, but I'm not in a hurry to get this stuff. I pick up the KI when I remember and do 3 runs every few days and have 2 items from about 15 runs. Either his luck is horrible or he's not counting everyone.
By ScaevolaBahamut 2021-08-09 16:22:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Seun said: »
I pick up the KI when I remember and do 3 runs every few days and have 2 items from about 15 runs.

Yeah, well, which 2 items?
 Fenrir.Velner
By Fenrir.Velner 2021-08-09 16:27:18
Link | Quote | Reply

ScaevolaBahamut said: »
I pick up the KI when I remember and do 3 runs every few days and have 2 items from about 15 runs.

I suppose I should clarify. I'm 2/164 on the five rare drops (helm & scythe). I am not counting the accessories because they literally drop every fight. So if 2/15 refers to a ring, earring, or pebble, to me that is 0/15.
 Ragnarok.Blackcoffee
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Blackcoffee 2021-08-09 17:08:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm at 0/68, VD, TH4. They're really milking this content.
By Seun 2021-08-09 17:58:56
Link | Quote | Reply

ScaevolaBahamut said: »

I suppose I should clarify. I'm 2/164 on the five rare drops (helm & scythe). I am not counting the accessories because they literally drop every fight. So if 2/15 refers to a ring, earring, or pebble, to me that is 0/15.

I've got ring and pebble so I guess I am 0/15. This only makes sense if the rare items populate their own slot. If everything shares slots then I may be right that a higher drop rate applying to everything. The items you don't count are* cockblocking you.
 Fenrir.Velner
By Fenrir.Velner 2021-08-09 18:03:52
Link | Quote | Reply

They do share the same drop slot, Seun. So, yes, the incredibly high drop rate on the accessories is cockblocking, haha.
By Seun 2021-08-09 18:13:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't imagine you had a ton of congestion on Fenrir either so you didn't even benefit from that part of the update. /comfort
 Bismarck.Ringoko
Server: Bismarck
user: appleboy
By Bismarck.Ringoko 2021-08-09 18:39:20
Link | Quote | Reply

1/100ish probably. VD TH4
 Fenrir.Velner
By Fenrir.Velner 2021-08-09 19:54:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't imagine you had a ton of congestion on Fenrir either so you didn't even benefit from that part of the update. /comfort

Not so much. Just slowed us all down.
Server: Odin
user: tallica
By Odin.Kingofthenorth 2021-08-09 23:14:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Ya, I've done at least 60+ runs on VD with th9+ and only have scythe to show for it.
Stopped doing this bc though except for few runs couple times a week, if that.
First Page 2 3 ... 25 26 27 ... 37 38 39