New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » New HTBF Shinryu 2.0
New HTBF Shinryu 2.0
First Page 2 3 ... 23 24 25 ... 37 38 39
By alzeerffxi 2021-08-07 22:03:08
Link | Quote | Reply

RadialArcana said: »

Stupid compression you forgot to post that its not even new content, id rather kill mee deggi a 100 times for my okote than play this auto lua multi boxing game with fake new content give us new content or they should give us a classic server that starts at 50 and slowly updating to ROTZ +, What do you mean Nothing to do 95% of the time? You have all the missions to do in a group, Race specific equipment, Fame, nm hunting for gill, fishing, leveling other jobs, conquest, not everything is 0.10% drop rate :)

Again how can you play this game an hour or 2 and own all REMA's Plus empyreans no 1 answered that goodbye.

im going to play 14 because its impossible to to auto script that :)
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2021-08-07 22:24:43
Link | Quote | Reply

alzeerffxi said: »

Stupid compression you forgot to post that its not even new content, id rather kill mee deggi a 100 times for my okote than play this auto lua multi boxing game with fake new content give us new content or they should give us a classic server that starts at 50 and slowly updating to ROTZ +, What do you mean Nothing to do 95% of the time? You have all the missions to do in a group, Race specific equipment, Fame, nm hunting for gill, fishing, leveling other jobs, conquest, not everything is 0.10% drop rate :)

Again how can you play this game an hour or 2 and own all REMA's Plus empyreans no 1 answered that goodbye.

I can tell your hurt by this meme since you " :) " as you screamed your departure like this is JFK Airport...

Anyway. Back on topic...

Stopped doing it for a week since I was burned out soloing it... Going to dip back into it on RDM and see how it goes, at this point I just want the cloak.. the dagger would be creamy as well.
By Draylo 2021-08-07 22:28:31
Link | Quote | Reply

lol.
[+]
By alzeerffxi 2021-08-08 00:20:44
Link | Quote | Reply

of course am going to scream there is no 6 months of boring time gating in that version of a game like coalitions, there is no Monthly bonuses time gating for monbreaux, not every item is 0.10%,
they literally gave you a new macro pallet to play the game and what do you do u cheat with scripts and tell other people they suck for not using it or not being able to solo VD Shinryu for example even the temptation for trying to enter is making me rage, yes sure no queue time? people *** lined who lines now eat a *** all of you are *** biased.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2021-08-08 00:48:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Me a solo player that doesn't have any alts on a dead server, No golden shovel, No React, and no Monbreaux because *** that monthly ***while still able to get oddy V15 access with friends and solo Shinryu on rdm:

Maybe you should play another game. This game isn't for you kid
By dontclickme 2021-08-08 01:01:48
Link | Quote | Reply

of course am going to scream there is no 6 months of boring time gating in that version of a game like coalitions, there is no Monthly bonuses time gating for monbreaux, not every item is 0.10%,
they literally gave you a new macro pallet to play the game and what do you do u cheat with scripts and tell other people they suck for not using it or not being able to solo VD Shinryu for example even the temptation for trying to enter is making me rage, yes sure no queue time? people *** lined who lines now eat a *** all of you are *** biased.

Alright mang, enjoy 14.
By RadialArcana 2021-08-08 05:03:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Go play Fortnite.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-08-08 06:43:50
Link | Quote | Reply

automating 14 at a high level is far simpler than automating 11 at a high level because basically everything is predictable and the game client is much more consistant so you don't have to account for *** like dropped packets and inaccurate data coming from server

11 is wall to wall bots for a few reasons:
-gear swapping made using third party programs an almost-necessity for simplicity of use
-windower made things like react totally public
-people gradually creeped automation into gearswap files
-playerbase is small, and more importantly, old (older players have less free time to organize)

It'll probably be quite a while until bots become as pervasive in 14 as 11, but they are already in use at the highest levels of play and it's going to happen eventually.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2021-08-08 07:21:31
Link | Quote | Reply

There is just as much basic botting on FF14 as FF11 as WoW, you just have more experience with 11 to see them and know where they are. There are the same bot armies, there are the same 24/7 farmers etc

Ff14 has more automated detection systems in place to stop stupids doing stuff, all this does in reality though is make the creators of the bots make better bots. The arms race argument is real. Also, the same exact staff police both games.

I don't have a problem with most of the addons people use now, but the only reason they became so widespread here was windower embracing addons and windower being near required to play it. Ff14 not having this kind of mass used basic software is the only real reason it's not as widespread yet, because all these kinds of aids do exist there too. Serious endgame players still have all the toys just fine, they are just less widely used or you aren't familiar with them existing.
By Draylo 2021-08-08 09:12:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Your average player has more access to every bot in 14 than they do in 11. The ones over there can practically play the entire game for you in a button press and with precision. The publicly accessible ones are way more advanced than the ones in 11.

Keep thinking the grass is always greener, one day you won't have 11 to return to so if this bothers you now just know it will happen there too.
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-08-08 09:44:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
Your average player has more access to every bot in 14 than they do in 11. The ones over there can practically play the entire game for you in a button press and with precision. The publicly accessible ones are way more advanced than the ones in 11.

This is true, but it's not honest to pretend anywhere near the same percentage of players are using them. Easily 25% of active, english-speaking, ffxi players use bots of some sort. On FFXIV, I'd wager it's less than 3%. Granted, percentage of cheaters will rise over time for essentially any online game, whether it's MMO or MOBA or FPS. We are in an era where the development tools available to the public are advanced enough that game developers cannot be reasonably expected to prevent cheating.

I'm not talking about the straight negligence SE exhibits with FFXI, but modern games have such significant amounts of money behind their cheating software that they will always remain a step ahead. You could clear out FFXI's cheaters easily, but you'll never be able to do that with FFXIV because the amount of money and development going into them will eventually reach a point where cheaters are 100% indistinguishable from actual players. This has already happened in every major FPS game, usually within 2 months of launch.
By RadialArcana 2021-08-08 10:20:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Thorny said: »
Easily 25% of active, english-speaking, ffxi players use bots of some sort.

A bot is a piece of software that fully runs a character when you're not even there. Are you classifying send and the like as bots or something?

There is no way in hell 25% of the English speaking community uses bots, 10% maybe.

Most of the bots on FFXI are controlled by a small % of players, 1 person can be running 20+ bots. Also most bots are for rmt.
 Odin.Foxmulder
Server: Odin
user: Chakan
By Odin.Foxmulder 2021-08-08 10:21:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
bot of some sort

I think he's including most forms of automation, which public Gearswap files are full of.
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-08-08 10:31:03
Link | Quote | Reply

A bot is a piece of software that fully runs a character when you're not even there. Are you classifying send and the like as bots or something?

This is pretty damn pedantic. Is the same software a bot when you stand up and walk away, but no longer a bot if you're at your pc watching it?

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/bot
Quote:
Digital Technology. a software program that can execute commands, reply to messages, or perform routine tasks, as online searches, either automatically or with minimal human intervention (often used in combination):

Pretty subjective. CurePlease is a bot. Roller is a bot. Whatever people are using to make BRD sing on windower is a bot. Send isn't a bot on it's own, but when combined with endless scripts or lua addons it can be. AutoWS can probably even be considered a bot, considering the amount of fights where people will just pop all their JA, load anchor, turn on autows, and idle for minutes.
[+]
By Seun 2021-08-08 10:40:44
Link | Quote | Reply

The only qualification for a bot is automation. It only matters to SE whether you're at the keyboard or not.
By RadialArcana 2021-08-08 10:56:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Most people reading this forum consider botting to be a proper "robot" that is fully automated, not gearswap and the like as you want to try and classify it. Saying 25% of ENG players on here are bottling is an outrageous statement because you know how it reads to people.

The way most people use Gearswap and Send, they do nothing it you don't press a button to make them react to that input.

If someone has gearswap and send on their characters and they fall asleep, those characters do nothing but stand idle no matter what happens in the game.

Is power assisted steering in a car and a remote control for a TV also botting irl?
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-08-08 10:59:02
Link | Quote | Reply

No one cares what they "consider it to be" it is what it is

The same pointless argument about defining "hard"
[+]
By RadialArcana 2021-08-08 11:03:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
No one cares what they "consider it to be" it is what it is

Excuse me, we are having an internet argument here.

Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-08-08 11:18:10
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not really an argument, you posted some pedantic ***that was barely worth addressing. You don't consider those tools to be bots and won't change your mind on it, that's entirely your choice. They fit the dictionary.com definition of bots, they fit my general understanding of what bots are, so I consider them bots.

You didn't even read my post, as I named conditions for send to be considered a bot and did not mention gearswap to begin with. I personally think you grossly underestimate how many gearswap files have a toggle to auto assist, auto engage, auto sing, auto roll, and so on built right into them.

I would agree with you that if send is only triggered by manual macro presses that trigger one action and gearswap is only swapping equipment, they are not bots. I would not agree with your interpretation of how many people use them in that manner.
[+]
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2021-08-08 14:17:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Thorny said: »
It's not really an argument, you posted some pedantic ***that was barely worth addressing. You don't consider those tools to be bots and won't change your mind on it, that's entirely your choice. They fit the dictionary.com definition of bots, they fit my general understanding of what bots are, so I consider them bots.

You didn't even read my post, as I named conditions for send to be considered a bot and did not mention gearswap to begin with. I personally think you grossly underestimate how many gearswap files have a toggle to auto assist, auto engage, auto sing, auto roll, and so on built right into them.

I would agree with you that if send is only triggered by manual macro presses that trigger one action and gearswap is only swapping equipment, they are not bots. I would not agree with your interpretation of how many people use them in that manner.
Every thing Thorny listed is a bot and his examples of send and all the BS people add to GS files are also bots.

You sound like some of the people we get over on the Windower discord when we tell them we won't support X bot or their GS code that crosses the lines. Then want to tell us it isn't a bot.

Something as simple as a WHM lua popping Divine Caress if it is up is botting.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-08-08 14:36:41
Link | Quote | Reply

It's been interesting to watch the amount of automation become acceptable.

It just lets me appropriately make full use of fast cast.
It just swaps my belt for weather, I can't be asked to track the weather, come on.
It just puts on TH gear for one hit, it's really just saving me a button press.
It goes back to my regen set when I'm not attacking something, really, the game should do that anyway.
Well, I mean, stunning is hard, the chat log and all that.
Well yeah I can't be asked to monitor my own tp so it changes my set based on if I have effective 3k or less.
Well jee, I don't have enough macros to have sets for haste, haste2, marches, indi-haste, MG, DW.
I can't be asked to actually do my own weaponskilling.
Yeah, it uses foods and meds for me. and equips the pieces with item bonuses. Just mindless tasks, no big deal.
I mean, all it does is engage for me, and follow the party leader, and weaponskill when I have tp, it's all stuff I would already do, as long as I'm watching the screen I'm playing. It's not like I'm botting or anything, I'm just trying to be efficient.
[+]
By Draylo 2021-08-08 14:38:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I was only saying it because they were trolling saying 14 can't be automated lol. I don't have concrete numbers to back it up, but I'm willing to bet far more people use them in 14 than most think. They are incredibly easy to obtain and set up, so its very simple. Compared to 11 with all its spaghettis and random ***messing up.

I remember I used to hate all kinds of bots etc, its funny looking at 14 and seeing those same people around on their forums. It's like watching history repeat itself. The biggest blame for wall to wall bots is SE, I blame them for everything with the current state of the game. They just stopped caring for the most part, the communities stance on automation changed drastically since Abyssea from what I've seen.
By RadialArcana 2021-08-08 14:43:08
Link | Quote | Reply

A piece of steel is a sword, if you flatten it out and sharpen the edges. Doesn't mean every piece of steel is a sword.

Sure Gearswap and Send can probably be turned into a form of bot if you mess with them to be so, most people don't do that. So to say 25% of the english speaking population is using bot programs isn't true.

I don't use gearswap, but as far as I'm aware all it is supposed to be for is automatically swapping gear based on premade scripts based on your spell inputs. It's a QoL addon because the built in gear swap system has a hard cap of 1 second. On a newer game there is no such hard limiting factor, and so a QoL addon isn't needed.

Saying 25% of the NA population is using bots is like saying most people in NA commit murder daily*.

You're just saying something inflammatory and then pointing out later you actually just mean addons, and then trying to justify using such inflammatory language by saying they can be turned into a form of bot if you mess with it to be so. Knowing full well most don't do that.
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-08-08 16:08:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't use gearswap
Neither do I, but I have read enough gearswap files for people to understand how it works. Can you say the same? You certainly don't seem informed on what it is.

as far as I'm aware all it is supposed to be for is automatically swapping gear based on premade scripts
This is correct. However, since the majority of users cannot make their own scripts, and a further amount would rather not take the time to, they use scripts written by others they found on the internet or were given by linkshell mates.

It has become commonplace for features like automatic WS, automatic ability use, automatic buffing to be implemented in these ready-to-go scripts. Thus, while that may not be the intended use of the addon, it's used more frequently than you seem to think. If you are already using the file and it has a visible UI element or noted command, you're bound to try it out. Once becomes twice becomes every time.

You're just saying something inflammatory and then pointing out later you actually just mean addons, and then trying to justify using such inflammatory language by saying they can be turned into a form of bot if you mess with it to be so. Knowing full well most don't do that.
I actually understand exactly what I'm trying to convey, and am in no way trying to paint normal gear swaps or usage of send as cheating. You don't seem to understand what players actually do with these systems, and no, it isn't just the ones capable of coding themselves.
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-08-08 16:16:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, if you really need an example, take a look at the 'cheat sheet' for Selindrile's gearswaps, which are one of the most popular ones:

https://github.com/Selindrile/GearSwap/blob/master/data/Cheat%20Sheet.txt

Quote:
[Ctrl+F8] = Toggle auto-stun mode, will attempt to automatically stun a list of moves in your
Quote:
[Alt+F8] = Toggles AutoDefenseMode, will attempt to automatically swap into and out of defensive sets for specific moves.
Quote:
[Win+F8] = Turns on auto nuking on some jobs.
Quote:
[Win+F7] = Automatic ranged attacks, to change what weaponskill, use //gs c autows while Rnghelper is active
Quote:
--- Auto Commands ---
Some of my job gearswaps have automatic functions, like auto-enmity for Pld, auto-buffing and auto nuking, often they are
windows +f8 or windows +Pause/Break - These can mostly be changed in Character-Globals.lua.

:Macro: /console gs c toggle AutoNukeMode
:Macro: /console gs c toggle AutoBuffMode
:Macro: /console gs c toggle AutoTankMode
:Macro: /console gs c toggle AutoReadyMode
:Macro: /console gs c toggle AutoNukeMode
:Macro: /console gs c toggle AutoSubMode
[+]
 Bahamut.Balduran
Server: Bahamut
user: balduran
By Bahamut.Balduran 2021-08-08 17:59:20
Link | Quote | Reply

@RadialArcana You think saying 25% of the English-speaking community is outrageous? I think you're either delusional or very ill-informed. Majority of English-speaking players I've met admitted to me that they used a tool to bot job points, REMA trials, and other ***. An entire North American linkshell on Bahamut that will remain nameless, uses scripts that automate WS, tanking and healing. I've seen and heard the saying "My script is not working, my white mage is not healing, my Panacea didn't go off automatically, and so on.

I've not met a single person who actually appreciates the best LUAs available like Arislan, which has no automation, and instead I've met tons of players who prefer Selindrile's gearswaps LUAs for their automation.

In my own guess, I'd say a lot more than 25%.
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-08-08 18:06:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Balduran said: »
Selindrile's gearswaps LUAs

You dont need to get automated anything using those LUA tho. Its all optional.
 Bahamut.Balduran
Server: Bahamut
user: balduran
By Bahamut.Balduran 2021-08-08 18:11:19
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »

What I said is clear and concise. I understand that players can use Selindrile's gearswaps LUAs without automation, but what I am saying is something different.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-08-08 18:28:05
Link | Quote | Reply

People use and ask for selindril's specifically because it has heavy automation.

Where as if they simply want a macro enhancer (minimal, but still some automation), they just use mote's.

Montens does everything that's reasonable (your line may very)
[+]
By Seun 2021-08-08 18:38:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Did you forget to use composure on your RDM? Don't worry, your gearswap will check to see if the buff is active or not when you enter combat and cast it for you. Trying to cast a spell while you're silenced? No worries, automatic echo drops will remove status then cast for you. Forgot to switch arts on SCH? Your gearswap will switch arts for you if available/as needed. You can use gearswap to automate 6 step skillchains if you wanted to.

SimonSes said: »

It's only optional if you know what you're looking for and where to find it. Selindrile's code can be difficult to navigate, especially for someone who isn't a programmer. Most of these features are defaulted to on.

To Balduran's point, I've helped more than a few people with their gearswaps and navigating Selindrile's specifically(sometimes for the reason above). People would rather deal with abilities firing off randomly and error spam than make their own file because they 'need' the extra functionality.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 23 24 25 ... 37 38 39