2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » June 2021 Version Update
June 2021 Version Update
By Weeew 2021-06-10 05:30:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Mischief said: »
All three were pushovers for my RDM, they never even broke Stoneskin.

Oh wow... new alliance content!
[+]
 Odin.Senaki
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2021-06-10 05:51:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Lili said: »

Okay, but, like, wave2 divergence bosses succumb to your RDM, so that statement doesn't really mean much for us mere mortals

Someone try fighting them in Ambuscade armor (returning player gear) and let us know how it goes.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2021-06-10 06:28:37
Link | Quote | Reply

If youre on ambuscade armor, then he spams every 4 secs AoE KO move that if it miss, deals 9999 dmg, status effect petrify, charm, doom, poison, def down, magic def down, steals 50% of your current money plus 3 days temp ban for no reason.
[+]
 Bahamut.Belkin
Server: Bahamut
user: Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2021-06-10 06:38:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Wasn't there a blurb in the Dev message about adding a good incentive to completing Voracious Resurgence up to this point?

From what I'm gathering, the incentive is 3 silver vouchers...
[+]
 Bahamut.Justthetip
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2021-06-10 06:41:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Belkin said: »
Wasn't there a blurb in the Dev message about adding a good incentive to completing Voracious Resurgence up to this point?

Yea didn't you know that's what players been looking for more ways to get omen bodies from trove.
By Aoibhe 2021-06-10 07:04:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Belkin said: »

SE exaggerated something that turned out to be trash? I'm shook.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-06-10 07:14:49
Link | Quote | Reply

A reward that leads to the possibility of any item in the game is such a ridiculously incredible prize!

If anything. They undersold it.
[+]
 Fenrir.Melphina
Server: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2021-06-10 07:53:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Resolved Issues

The issue with Odyssey’s Sheol: Gaol wherein some of the abilities used by the following notorious monsters were incorrect.

Ngai/Kalunga/Ongo/Mboze/Arebati

Any idea what this could be referencing?
 Bahamut.Suph
user: Suph
By Bahamut.Suph 2021-06-10 08:05:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Weeew said: »

Oh wow... new alliance content!

Beating Mischief would be a real alliance content :o
[+]
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2021-06-10 08:38:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Can anyone confirm whether or not they've patched the mog amplifier values when you only get a partial kill? There wasn't anything in the patch notes but that doesn't mean they didn't ninja it in.
By Rips 2021-06-10 08:38:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Once you complete the new set of Voracious Resurgence missions, talking to Elijah (new NPC in Upper Jeuno near HP1) unlocks three new monthly RoEs. Each one has you going to one of those new peculiar footprint spots near the tablet locations in Wajaom, Caedarva, and Zhayolm, and killing a knockoff Einherjar boss. Completing each one gives you a Silver Voucher (so basically, three new Silver Voucher monthlies).

The footprints in Wajaom spawn "Awoken Hildesvini" (Marid), Zhayolm spawns "Awoken Mokkuralfi" (Flan), and Caedarva spawns "Awoken Vampyr Jarl". All three were pushovers for my RDM, they never even broke Stoneskin.

Why am I so giddy about this. More silver vouchers? Gimmie. Fuel my addiction.
By Rive016 2021-06-10 09:04:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aeonova said: »
Healer's Briault renamed to Healer's Bliaut
Cleric's Briault renamed to Cleric's Bliaut
Hlr. Briault +1 renamed to Hlr. Bliaut +1
Clr. Briault +1 renamed to Clr. Bliaut +1
Orison Bliaud renamed to Orison Bliaut
Orison Bliaud +1 renamed to Orison Bliaut +1
Orison Bliaud +2 renamed to Orison Bliaut +2
Clr. Briault +2 renamed to Clr. Bliaut +2
Ebers Bliaud renamed to Ebers Bliaut
Ebers Bliaud +1 renamed to Ebers Bliaut +1
Gende. Bilaut +1 renamed to Gende. Bliaut +1
Piety Briault renamed to Piety Bliaut
Piety Briault +1 renamed to Piety Bliaut +1
Piety Briault +2 renamed to Piety Bliaut +2
Piety Briault +3 renamed to Piety Bliaut +3
Theo. Briault renamed to Theo. Bliaut
Theo. Briault +1 renamed to Theo. Bliaut +1
Theo. Briault +2 renamed to Theo. Bliaut +2
Theo. Briault +3 renamed to Theo. Bliaut +3

*Screams in WHM*
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-06-10 09:14:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I know the meme is funny, for the one guy panicking that he has to go line by line over 10 million lines of code, just find all Briault and replace with Bliaut. and bliaud with bliaut.

it's a 5 second fix.
By Matic 2021-06-10 09:26:18
Link | Quote | Reply

if there is actually a guy who both knows how to create/edit luas, and also DOESN'T know about the 'Find" function, I would like him to post here please because I have so many questions
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-06-10 09:29:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Melphina said: »
Can anyone confirm whether or not they've patched the mog amplifier values when you only get a partial kill? There wasn't anything in the patch notes but that doesn't mean they didn't ninja it in.

Someone messaged me in game saying it has not been fixed. Haven't tested it myself, but easy to go in and "soft lose" and see.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-06-10 09:35:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Matic said: »
if there is actually a guy who both knows how to create/edit luas, and also DOESN'T know about the 'Find" function, I would like him to post here please because I have so many questions

You might be amazed at the amount of people who ask for a file because they're incapable of replacing gear themselves
[+]
By Aoibhe 2021-06-10 09:36:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Senaki said: »
Lili said: »

Okay, but, like, wave2 divergence bosses succumb to your RDM, so that statement doesn't really mean much for us mere mortals

Someone try fighting them in Ambuscade armor (returning player gear) and let us know how it goes.

Just did them in +2 Ta'liah gear. Confirmed easy.
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2021-06-10 09:38:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Someone messaged me in game saying it has not been fixed. Haven't tested it myself, but easy to go in and "soft lose" and see.

Then it probably hasn't been fixed. They're only NOW realizing that this is an issue after all. This has been an issue for what? Four months now?

Quote:
Known Issues

In Odyssey’s Sheol: Gaol, players will not have ailments removed after being knocked out under certain conditions.

I bet they don't even know about the mog amplifier miscalculations. I doubt anyone reported it to them yet, or if they have that it's sitting in a help desk queue and hasn't been read yet or acted upon.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-06-10 09:40:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Then it probably hasn't been fixed. They're only NOW realizing that this is an issue after all. This has been an issue for what? Four months now?
One month.
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2021-06-10 09:44:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
One month.

You misinterpreted what I was quoting. The mog amplifiers have been messed up for one month, but they're only NOW realizing that the damage over time effects are not being removed upon player death. If you die to Ngai with drown on, it kills you after you reraise. If Kalunga's burn is on you, it kills you again after you reraise. Even if you home point and zone to town, it will kill you if you don't immediately zone into a mog house. The DoT effects are 150 damage a tic. They're very potent and since they persist through death they do cause problems. THIS is the bug they're referencing.

That's been a bug with the atonement 3 Nm's since they were first introduced. And that happened in February.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-06-10 09:45:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Incompetence moves very slowly
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-06-10 09:49:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I bet they don't even know about the mog amplifier miscalculations. I doubt anyone reported it to them yet, or if they have that it's sitting in a help desk queue and hasn't been read yet or acted upon.

It's been reported, and moved to accepted bugs.

https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/58187-Sheol-Gaol-rewarding-too-many-RP-for-failed-runs-when-using-Mog-Amplifier.
 Bahamut.Justthetip
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2021-06-10 09:51:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
One month.

You misinterpreted what I was quoting. The mog amplifiers have been messed up for one month, but they're only NOW realizing that the damage over time effects are not being removed upon player death. If you die to Ngai with drown on, it kills you after you reraise. If Kalunga's burn is on you, it kills you again after you reraise. Even if you home point and zone to town, it will kill you if you don't immediately zone into a mog house. The DoT effects are 150 damage a tic. They're very potent and since they persist through death they do cause problems. THIS is the bug they're referencing.

That's been a bug with the atonement 3 Nm's since they were first introduced. And that happened in February.
It hasn't been fixed because it doesn't benefit players who cares if it has a negative impact on the player.(clearly I'm joking) devs fix stuff that help players man than it hurts them didn't you know!? Sadly we gonna be with that bug I feel for like 2 more months. Wonder and hope they fixed entrust bug that's been here since nms came.
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2021-06-10 09:52:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

On the English forms yes. I wonder how long it'll take for them to act upon it. It's gotta be simple fix. Just change the formula and you're done.
[+]
 Bahamut.Justthetip
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2021-06-10 09:58:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

On the English forms yes. I wonder how long it'll take for them to act upon it. It's gotta be simple fix. Just change the formula and you're done.
Listen just win the fights and no need to worry about the losing :)
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-06-10 09:58:42
Link | Quote | Reply

if it's taken them four months to realize

There's been a lot of issues with Odyssey, since launch.

It took them months to realize some monsters in Sheol A were aggressive to the wrong detection methods. It took them about a month+ to acknowledge Moogle Mastery from A was not carrying into B at MM16+ (and none of us were aware of it, because MM was so cryptic to begin with). Wasn't there a gs THF key glitch where you could do it from distance? (Not sure if that was patched by SE or the windower devs) It took a couple of months for them to fix the Gaol lag (They actually fixed this one faster than the others). Probably a lot of others I am missing. Not really shocked how long it is taking to address defects. An hour's worth of work total.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-06-10 10:00:51
Link | Quote | Reply

On the English forms yes.

I can't read JP, not sure if it has been posted there.
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2021-06-10 10:04:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the accepted bugs section on the forms is merely where posts go that meet the guidelines for submitting a bug "IE, follows syntax, all required fields are filled with information, issue being reported could potentially be valid, etc". When posts get moved there it doesn't necessarily mean the developers themselves have acknowledged the issue has been looked into, just that the post is in line for them to review at some point.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-06-10 10:11:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
One month.

The person you were quoting was talking about the Mog Amplifier glitch/error not being fixed yet, not the DoT glitch. In fact, that post was them responding to you asking about the Mog Amplifier issue with that post.