Screenshots No Longer Saving
First Page 2
 Lakshmi.Elennar
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: ashaara
By Lakshmi.Elennar 2021-05-01 20:11:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Even though Windower says it has saved my screenshot, when I look in the screenshots folder there hasn't been a screenshot saved since March 16, 2021. Sorry it took me so long to notice this!

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Draylo 2021-05-02 04:39:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty sure its a problem with DGvoodoo app if you're using it to enhance your game graphics. Ive had the problem for ages and asked multiple times, doesn't seem to be a known fix. The only way I can get it to stop is logging all the way out and then back in and sometimes the instance of the game is able to take screenshots again randomly.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By SimonSes 2021-05-02 05:29:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't have dgvoodoo and have this problem too
By Draylo 2021-05-02 21:00:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Use your big brain SimonSes, we need a solution
By RadialArcana 2021-05-03 02:27:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you all using windows 10?

Could be a permissions problem, where it's not allowed to write the file to that folder.
By Draylo 2021-05-03 03:34:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm on windows 10 home. If that was the case it would never work, no? It does work sometimes, when I log out and back on to change instance of the game.
By Ruaumoko 2021-05-03 03:49:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I ended up using Snip & Sketch to get around it.
By RadialArcana 2021-05-03 04:16:56
Link | Quote | Reply

My screenshots always save, I don't use DGVoodoo or windows 10.

Also possible it's saving them in some other random folder or something, do a computer search for "img_".

Also, unrelated but wtf at your sales history.

ok wtf this is annoying me more than the picture thing now, whats going on here.

There are masses of characters all buying these and many other scroll from each other over and over?
By Draylo 2021-05-03 05:00:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Searched entire PC, even though it says its created, the file nowhere to be found.
By RadialArcana 2021-05-03 07:44:29
Link | Quote | Reply

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/18495/windower-and-screenshot-broken/
 Cpu
By Cpu 2021-05-03 08:18:28
Link | Quote | Reply

RadialArcana said: »
My screenshots always save, I don't use DGVoodoo or windows 10.

Also possible it's saving them in some other random folder or something, do a computer search for "img_".

Also, unrelated but wtf at your sales history.

ok wtf this is annoying me more than the picture thing now, whats going on here.

There are masses of characters all buying these and many other scroll from each other over and over?
It could be an issue with the AuctionHelper plugin and Guildwork. If I had 2+ characters attempt to bid on something at the same time it would report it to ffxiah like I had 30+ winning bids in a row, even if there was only one item available for sale at the time. It indicates an issue with the buyer's client, not the seller's.
By Draylo 2021-05-03 09:20:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Decade old thread and has 0 relevant information or solutions
 Asura.Geriond
Server: Asura
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-05-03 12:15:40
Link | Quote | Reply

You can work around it by playing in maximized window mode (instead of true fullscreen), then clicking somewhere outside of the FFXI window (such as on the Taskbar), which will make your computer use the Windows Printscreen function instead of the Windower Printscreen function.
By RadialArcana 2021-05-03 13:16:31
Link | Quote | Reply

What file format does it say when you press the print screen button? mine are .png

It's working perfectly for me so it's not a standard bug with windower or anything.
By Andromida 2021-05-03 13:51:54
Link | Quote | Reply

what happens if you use the command "//screenshot jpg"? Sometimes that will work for me when the game doesn't screenshot properly for me. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.
 Lakshmi.Cesil
Server: Lakshmi
user: Valkyrie
By Lakshmi.Cesil 2021-05-03 15:50:11
Link | Quote | Reply

When this happened to me, I hit the windows key plus print screen and it puts a screenshot in my Pictures > Screenshot folder. It's not the best but it worked for me.
By RadialArcana 2021-05-03 15:59:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe it's linked to full screen, I'm on borderless and works fine.
By Draylo 2021-05-03 19:08:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm on borderless too, and when I take a pic it says .jpg.
By Draylo 2021-05-06 15:27:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Never a solution found! The threads just die, cmon big brains and solve this
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2021-05-06 15:31:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't tell you a solution for the actual problem but I can tell you that WindowsKey + Shift + S is the best hot key in windows.
By RadialArcana 2021-05-06 15:49:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
I'm on borderless too, and when I take a pic it says .jpg.

check init.txt

If it says "bind sysrq screenshot jpg hide" try change to "bind sysrq screenshot png hide"
 Asura.Eliara
user: Endrew
By Asura.Eliara 2021-05-06 16:23:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Check your game directory. When I installed dgvoodoo it started saving all my screen shots there. I believe it was in the same folder where the ffxi executable was but I'm not currently at my gaming machine to check.
By Draylo 2021-05-06 17:02:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eliara said: »
Check your game directory. When I installed dgvoodoo it started saving all my screen shots there. I believe it was in the same folder where the ffxi executable was but I'm not currently at my gaming machine to check.

Checked, not there. Did a full scan of my PC for the corresponding IMG number and not found anywhere. Windower says its SAVING screenshot and it is not doing it, so either its a windower issue or something is going on.

Just a few posts back someone mentioned they do NOT use dgvoodoo and still have the same issues, so its not exclusive to people who use it.
By Draylo 2021-05-06 17:03:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe a windower DEV can chime in
 Asura.Eliara
user: Endrew
By Asura.Eliara 2021-05-06 19:35:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I know you said you didn't find them when you ran a search, but just in case it can help anyone else here's where mine started saving.

C:\Program Files (x86)\PlayOnline\SquareEnix\PlayOnlineViewer

Also the file name format is something like

pol 2020-06-07 12-26-47.png
 Fenrir.Niflheim
VIP
Server: Fenrir
user: Tesahade
By Fenrir.Niflheim 2021-05-07 08:52:59
Link | Quote | Reply

This has come up in our support discord every once in while, but no resolution has been 1 size fits all. You have mentioned some of the fixes like trying other image formats, pointing out the issues with dgvoodoo and how it brakes the function, and also permission issues that can prevent the file from being saved.

One i didnt see is, you can try using SSOrganizer to see if that helps, if you find that SSOrganizer creates the folder but it is empty then that likely means the file was not actually created.
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2021-05-07 13:03:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Niflheim said: »
This has come up in our support discord every once in while, but no resolution has been 1 size fits all. You have mentioned some of the fixes like trying other image formats, pointing out the issues with dgvoodoo and how it brakes the function, and also permission issues that can prevent the file from being saved.

One i didnt see is, you can try using SSOrganizer to see if that helps, if you find that SSOrganizer creates the folder but it is empty then that likely means the file was not actually created.
Tried SSOrganizer just for the hell of it. It created the folder structure when I tried a screenshot, but did not save an image. I'm never getting this ***fixed. /sigh
[+]
First Page 2