April 2021 Version Update
 Asura.Phelence
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Spainmail
By Asura.Phelence 2021-04-03 10:46:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Sudra said: »
I guess I don’t find unlocking more merit ws’s important.

Totally up to you.

The question isn't whether it's important to EVERY player, its whether it creates a better experience for the overall player base.

In this case, I would say it's in the interest of the overall player base to feel encouraged in trying out more jobs/WSs without wasting time disabling a WS they previously unlocked to unlock a WS on the new job only to then have to go back and do it all over again if they later on want access to that first WS again.

It's not game-changing in the least, but that was never the point.
You wouldn't arbitrarily limit new Chrome users to 3 open tabs at a time.
By Nyaanu 2021-04-03 11:04:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Phelence said: »
Nyaanu said: »
Play the game, reap the rewards. This is not a difficult concept, and these sob stories about Deeds are awfully due to be put out to pasture--they should not have been led out of thr barn in the first place.

While not necessary, in the isolated case of the extra WSs I just cannot agree to calling them "sob stories" if that's the sentiment you refer to.
Locking something that is such a simple quality-of-life change behind this system is just backwards to any modern design paradigm (except perhaps some mobile game genres).

I won't argue against the premise that they should not have locked a quality of life upgrade behind Deeds. That is a totally legitimate and valid gripe--particularly in a day where merits are so easy to obtain and these ws's are not so individually broken that they should be locked behind a cap.
[+]
By fillerbunny9 2021-04-03 11:45:47
Link | Quote | Reply

how many CP do all of these give you total, I would love to cap WHM without needing to actually touch the job again, and it is already a few hundred in.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-04-03 11:50:54
Link | Quote | Reply

In theory, infinite. Digest said you could just reset them over and over all month long.
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2021-04-03 11:54:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Phelence said: »
Odin.Sudra said: »
I guess I don’t find unlocking more merit ws’s important.

Totally up to you.

The question isn't whether it's important to EVERY player, its whether it creates a better experience for the overall player base.

In this case, I would say it's in the interest of the overall player base to feel encouraged in trying out more jobs/WSs without wasting time disabling a WS they previously unlocked to unlock a WS on the new job only to then have to go back and do it all over again if they later on want access to that first WS again.

It's not game-changing in the least, but that was never the point.
You wouldn't arbitrarily limit new Chrome users to 3 open tabs at a time.
Having 5 now is much better then 3 but I still have more WS I would like to use and I only play a handful of jobs.
The thing I really hate is that I can't take all my merits out of something and then quickly 5/5 something new. I get it is easy to recap merits, but I wish 75 merits was enough to recap something.
By Pantafernando 2021-04-03 12:29:44
Link | Quote | Reply

fillerbunny9 said: »
how many CP do all of these give you total, I would love to cap WHM without needing to actually touch the job again, and it is already a few hundred in.

Adding each potion on the third year, if i didnt mess my math, probably 200 JP.

I supose that even repeating the 960-1440 rewards you gonna still need one year to have enough deeds, so i would say... probably not worth hoping to master a job with Maat's junk... just the time spend to collect the deeds you can easily make a lot more in couple hours farming.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2021-04-03 17:21:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
In theory, infinite. Digest said you could just reset them over and over all month long.

That wasn't my take on how this works. Am I the only reading this as the end-game of deeds rewards? They're not super clear on exactly how this works, but it sounds like once all the rewards are obtained you spend deeds to reset the 3rd year cycle ad infinitum.

If that's the case, it would benefit those who were concerned that they would never be able to catch up, but it also kinda sucks that the repeating rewards leave something to be desired.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-04-03 17:24:02
Link | Quote | Reply

So it says translated;

When you finish, you can reset and do them over.

Of course the actual meaning and the failure of their translation could be something entirely different.

The use of "this update" makes it sound like "this month" but it's probably when the year is over, next year will be the same rewards.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2021-04-03 17:49:52
Link | Quote | Reply

So it says translated;

When you finish, you can reset and do them over.

Of course the actual meaning and the failure of their translation could be something entirely different.

The use of "this update" makes it sound like "this month" but it's probably when the year is over, next year will be the same rewards.

Yeah. I assume we'll find out pretty quickly which one it is, so I won't spend much time speculating.
By Pantafernando 2021-04-03 17:51:28
Link | Quote | Reply

"Pretty quickly"?

Just next year i think, as you need to have 1440 before you can reset it.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2021-04-03 17:57:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
"Pretty quickly"?

Just next year i think, as you need to have 1440 before you can reset it.

When I said that, I meant that this part could be ruled out pretty quickly:

The use of "this update" makes it sound like "this month"

As for whether or not the rewards repeat every year, that's what will take longer to definitively prove (but seems logical given the point mechanics).
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2021-04-03 19:09:18
Link | Quote | Reply

It seems too good to be true that we'll be able to get all those rewards (WS unlock, AF/Relic+2 pieces, Mars/Venus orbs, pulse weapons) again!
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-04-03 19:17:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
It seems too good to be true that we'll be able to get all those rewards (WS unlock, AF/Relic+2 pieces, Mars/Venus orbs, pulse weapons) again!

It would be, because that's not what it is. Only the third column repeats.

Just a free PW pop, a free ADL pop, a free pulse weapon, once a year and some free gil and jp every month.
By Manque 2021-04-03 19:18:02
Link | Quote | Reply

As per patch notes on OF in JP it seems we just have to wait to see what the reset criteria is as they’re undecided.

960ポイント以降の報酬項目を追加します。
マンスリーコンテンツなので、始めたまたは復帰したタイミングでどうしても差がついてしまうことから、モンブローのフェイスのような強力な報酬をどんどん追加することは難しいため、960ポイント以降に追加する項目は、他コンテンツでも入手でき、繰り返しもらって嬉しいものにしようということになりました。

They’ve added items for points after 960. To avoid creating too much of a diff for newcomers or returnees, they want to avoid adding powerful rewards like the Monbereaux trust. So they’ve decided to make rewards past 960 be things youd be happy to get but that can acquire via other content.

また、追加する項目はリセット可能で、何度も同じ報酬を受け取れるようにする予定です。(ディードが、追加分の項目すべてを交換できるポイントまで貯まった場合のみ)
交換できる項目の内容は検討中です。
They plan on making these resettable in the future so you can get the reward over and over again (only if you have enough deeds to exchange for those items). They are still deciding the criteria for when you can reset the deeds.

https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/forum.php#threads/57954
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2021-04-03 19:26:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh well, guess I won't be spitting on a few free Mars/Venus orbs and a Pulse Weapon then =/
By Kasaioni 2021-04-16 14:39:55
Link | Quote | Reply

What was the patch today for?
By SimonSes 2021-04-16 14:42:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Kasaioni said: »
What was the patch today for?
Fix english names of mobs tp moves in Ambuscade