users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Black Mage » BLM Help
BLM Help
 Asura.Nattylock
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Nattylock 2021-02-16 02:23:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Good day, I have been using the stickied guides and wondering if someone has an up to date gear list to share. A .lua with BiS would also be helpful, there is a lot of equipment and knowing what to select can be a challenge after you meet the what appears to be outdated forum guides.

Thanks for your help.
 Ragnarok.Gennss
Server: Ragnarok
user: gennss
By Ragnarok.Gennss 2021-02-17 21:12:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Seconded
 Asura.Nuance
user: Crion
By Asura.Nuance 2021-02-17 21:17:27
Link | Quote | Reply

The gear guide isn’t bad in fact it’s pretty up to date aside from the new odyssey crap. Not sure where it all falls just yet.
[+]
By Weeew 2021-02-18 00:59:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I would recommend you research what stats you need for different spell types and situations as there are multiple similarly performing sets and some much easier to obtain than others. You may not want to go through the trouble of getting BiS for a 1-2% upgrade.

As Nuance mentioned the gear in the ffxiah guide is mostly up to date. Oh an if you are CPing you should definitely look into the AF body as it gives you endless MP.
 Asura.Akivatoo
user: Akivatoo
By Asura.Akivatoo 2021-02-18 03:45:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Here is my BLM.Lua (It is based on a .lua from Motenten's):

https://mega.nz/file/mphWjJYD#Sma5h8cFeDrfRtBeuxQGUCqHSDYmgejuGtmKRasWC-g

A reasonable and functional basis for creating yours, i hope that's can help you.
By Kasumuni88 2021-02-18 08:05:44
Link | Quote | Reply

thanks for posting this. Im curious what you usually do for straight DD and what your go to spells are before unleashing on a burst. I usually spam III's until an opening appears.
 Asura.Akivatoo
By Asura.Akivatoo 2021-02-19 05:12:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Occult Acumen provide you TP each time you nuke with elemental magic (based on MP cost)

https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Occult_Acumen

like this:
YouTube Video Placeholder

With a decent "Occult Acumen" equipment, you can exceed 1k+ TP with "impact", which allows you for example to do skillchains by yourself like this:

YouTube Video Placeholder

Keep in mind though that this kind of skillchain only works on low level monsters that don't have much evasion. It is therefore an occasional use.

With caped fast cast and skill, you can expect land T6 T5 and T2 on each Magic Burst windows.

But keep in mind that black mages have been nerves, with the right buffs(especially the magical defense down "Malaise" of GEO (also nerfed) and good buff from COR) you can easily reach 100KDMG cap with a T4, which makes T5 and T6 or Death totally useless.
The black mages also encouter and terrible nerf if 2 black mages nukes at the same time, contrary to the other DD... thank SE... (you can find a test video on my chanel)
[+]
By Kasumuni88 2021-02-19 07:57:55
Link | Quote | Reply

These videos are great. Thanks for posting them.

Im on Asura too. Would it be cool to pm any questions? Curious about your skillchain timer plugin. what is that called?
 Asura.Akivatoo
By Asura.Akivatoo 2021-02-19 08:04:03
Link | Quote | Reply

the Skillchain addon from Ivaar you can find here:

https://github.com/Ivaar/Skillchains

feel free to pm me ;) i finish my works in 1h ;)