Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » FFXI Lore: Saga Of The Serpents 4 - Mihli Aliapoh
FFXI Lore: Saga Of The Serpents 4 - Mihli Aliapoh
By RadialArcana 2021-01-27 09:19:56
Link | Quote | Reply

A very well made series of lore videos for FFXI made by Ruaumoko, well narrated, edited and recorded. If you think you can't be bothered to watch, just give it a try for a few minutes and it will really drag you in.

Chapter 4

YouTube Video Placeholder

--

Chapter 1

Chapter 2

Chapter 3

[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-01-27 10:52:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I extremely loved these videos, probably my favourite of Rua's work, and among the all-time top content for Final Fantasy XI overall.

The sheer amount of history traceable in the game's story is mind-boggling, but definitely makes it stand out. There's so much in both the foreground and background of Vana'diel that shape it into the immersive world that it is. Intricate details around every corner.
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
Server: Asura
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-01-27 18:03:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Jessikah, you are so correct. The more quests you complete, the crazier the rabbit hole becomes. Personally, I loved the call-backs between The Crystal War era and the present day quests that I would sometimes see.

To tell the entire story of FFXI could be a youtube content creator's life work. If you notice, every time someone does a "what happened in _____ game of the FF series", they tend to skip FFXI.

Honestly, it should have never been part of the numbered series. I fear, however, if it wasn't part of the numbered series, they would have been more likely to shut down the servers.
[+]
By Draylo 2021-01-27 19:32:11
Link | Quote | Reply

It's sad because I was looking at a instagram the other day of a FF collector. He mentioned this "night sky prince" youtube channel who discusses FF related stuff. He managed to say that FFXIV has the best story out of any FF game eveR! Even better than FF7! I was like what the heck.. I don't even understand how nobody even mentions XI but I'm almost 100% sure they never played it lol. I blame SE and their horrible marketing for the game, compared to XIV that got banners in times sq and all kinds of special advertising treatment.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
Server: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-01-28 10:46:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aeonova said: »
Ragnarok.Jessikah, you are so correct. The more quests you complete, the crazier the rabbit hole becomes.
It really is amazing how deeply the game is written. I read the Vana'diel Tribune and everything on the original web site, and there's so much history and lore that it's honestly overwhelming. You can tell that the writers put an extraordinary amount of work on ironing everything out.

Just take a cursory glance at the architecture of Windurst. Without even knowing the history, the layout tells a story of several disjointed clans that eventually came together. Their buildings are between decades and centuries old, based on the materials used in construction. And then, war! Buildings along the outskirts have a more uniform and simple architecture, and are constructed out of wood; all telltale signs of a hasty and recent rebuild after a siege destroyed the older buildings. Once a beautiful stone bridge leading directly into Heaven's Tower is now a wooden bridge off to the side. Remnants of the stone bridge still visible to this day under the water.

Draylo said: »
It's sad because I was looking at a instagram the other day of a FF collector. He mentioned this "night sky prince" youtube channel who discusses FF related stuff. He managed to say that FFXIV has the best story out of any FF game eveR! Even better than FF7! I was like what the heck.. I don't even understand how nobody even mentions XI but I'm almost 100% sure they never played it lol. I blame SE and their horrible marketing for the game, compared to XIV that got banners in times sq and all kinds of special advertising treatment.
Final Fantasy XI survives because of the dedication of the fans and the small remaining development team. Square-Enix have long since abandoned it. Even on their own web site, they make it difficult to find the game, using the search bar to look up "FFXI" you get an error message that reads "Did you mean: FFXIV?"