Forum » FFXI » Odyssey » Odyssey Gaol Gear Augments Jan 2021
Odyssey Gaol Gear Augments Jan 2021
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-01-12 12:06:40
Link | Quote | Reply

endxen said: »
Did you trade it to the ??? before you entered? Probably like any other piece of gear that has RP, you have to trade it to the npc (???) first.

I think this is it. You have to activate the augment process. If you don't see a difficulty setting on the NMs, then you haven't done that for the corresponding piece of gear yet.
 Asura.Shiraj
Server: Asura
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2021-01-12 12:06:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Should be a patch coming to address that god awful lag anyways (unless its just me).

It's not just you.
I just wiped to Sgili because this game is *** dogshit.
I was lagging so bad I only got to use 1 Holy Water during Doom, once I reraised, I tested magic damage. I was able to cast 2 spells in 25-30s~.
How ANY content can be laggier than dynamis is beyond me.

Also Sgili has like -95% wind resistances. Anemohelix done like 150 damage. Pyrohelix done 2500.
Quick Edit for dmg:
[+]
By Heghmoh 2021-01-12 12:07:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Did you trade it to the ??? before you entered? Probably like any other piece of gear that has RP, you have to trade it to the npc (???) first.

I think this is it. You have to activate the augment process. If you don't see a difficulty setting on the NMs, then you haven't done that for the corresponding piece of gear yet.

yes. I trade and the window closes and nothing happens
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-01-12 12:12:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Shiraj said: »
It's not just you.
I just wiped to Sgili because this game is *** dogshit.
I was lagging so bad I only got to use 1 Holy Water during Doom, once I reraised, I tested magic damage. I was able to cast 2 spells in 25-30s~.
How ANY content can be laggier than dynamis is beyond me.

Its at least 3x as bad as Dynamis. Did a run with complete lag. I went into Sheol C and I had zero lag. reset PC, went back to Gaol, game turned back into a fustercluck. Just a heads up to anyone entering, don't be surprised if you just randomly end up dead and the log doesn't say why. I just rode DT set every fight to compensate, which made it a lot slower.
[+]
 Fenrir.Melphina
Server: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2021-01-12 12:30:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Lovely. I ran dynamis windurst last night before the maintenance and it was so laggy people were literally teleporting around the zone half the time. Is calculating rank points really what's putting that much of a strain on the server? If it is you'd think they would have taken a page from the FFXIV devs by now and recoded it. In Final Fantasy 14 they recently modified the way instances handle gear degredation by making one calculation at the end of the instance and updating gear repair state after you exit based on number of kills in one fell swoop. Gear degredation checks were also removed completely from the overworld. Before then the game was checking and updating gear degredation after every kill, and by their own admission it was putting a strain on the server resources so they recoded it to lighten the server load.

I'd be more than happy to get my rank points in one lump sum at the end of every dynamis if it meant the lag issues would go away, even if it does mean not getting the incremental rank up benefits mid-run. Sad thing is it can't be that difficult to change either.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-01-12 13:16:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Heghmoh said: »
Anyone started compiling a list of which NMs unlock which Items?

Atonement 1
Base Cost: 2,000,000 G

NM Name - Monster - Purchasable Armor/Weapon

Gogmagog - Dullahan - Coiste Bodhar
U Bnai - Acuex - Neo Animator
Sgili - Umbril - Epitaph
Dealan-dhe - Flutterini - Hesperiidae

Atonement 2
Base Cost: 3,000,000 G
(as mentioned, the list is bugged and gives a different NM than chosen for some)

Raskovniche (Marmorkebs in the menu) - Snapweed - Beithir Ring
Aristaeus - Chapuli - Acrontica
Marmorkeps (Gigelorum in the menu) (Uses encumbrance) - Cracklaw - Tsuru
Gigelorum (Raskovniche in menu) - Matamata - Schere Earring
Procne - Tulfaire - Tellen Belt
Henwen - Raaz (really cool looking recolor) - Obstinate Sash
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Heghmoh 2021-01-12 14:04:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Did you kill "all" of the nm's?

ahh maybe thats it, i didnt do the umbril

Post deleted by User.
By Heghmoh 2021-01-12 14:57:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Did you kill "all" of the nm's?

ahh maybe thats it, i didnt do the umbril

that wasnt it. still cant get it to accept the trade for an augment. If anyone has successfully augmented something, let me know!
 Odin.Creaucent
Server: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2021-01-12 15:37:27
Link | Quote | Reply

alamihgo said: »
Has Anyone successfully started an augment? Bought the ammo piece and have tried trading to the ??? And killing the NM multiple times with no luck starting an aug or getting any RP
I got 1 rank in the DA+ ammo from Gogmagog. The process is as follows:

1. Defeat the original 4 NMs and claim their KIs.
2. Talk to ??? moogle for some flavor text about mobs getting tougher.
3. Return to Gaol; the original 4 NMs will let you modify "Vengeance" on a scale from +0 to +5 much like when you select Ambu difficulty.
4. Defeat NM at a greater level than current item's RP to accrue RP unique to the NM/item; RP is stocked on the ??? moogle for now.
5. Trade item to ??? if you have >0 RP for the item. Moogle will let you assign RP.

I can't modify the tier 2 NMs yet, but I suppose I need all the t2 KIs for that.

In the Odyssey thread.
[+]