Link | Quote | Reply

Node 431
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-01-07 23:30:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Awesome to have this all in one place. Date Shuriken should replace Seki now, at least in buffed situations. Think Ghastly +1 (R15) completely replaces Pemphredo for nukes now also.
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2021-01-07 23:59:44
Link | Quote | Reply

mynameisgonz said: »
for doing the math to determine best items for most of these sets
I would like to see some of this math. Some real questionable choices in some sets.
[+]
By mynameisgonz 2021-01-08 00:11:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »
I would like to see some of this math. Some real questionable choices in some sets.

It's across alot of his videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7VUf7er90RYUVgAJwv3x3Q/videos

and here are is spreadsheets: https://github.com/NextGames2000/Spreadsheets
 Asura.Emba
Server: Asura
user: Emba
By Asura.Emba 2021-01-08 03:59:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure I am buying what you're selling there for Blade: Hi offhand. I have some serious doubts that Ternion out performs Taka for anything Hi related. If we also consider empy AM3 than you're leaving a ton of white damage behind using Ternion over Taka in your OH.
By SimonSes 2021-01-08 07:08:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »

It's across alot of his videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7VUf7er90RYUVgAJwv3x3Q/videos

and here are is spreadsheets: https://github.com/NextGames2000/Spreadsheets

I think your choice of words is bad probably. Afaik Logical haven't done the math, but used spreadsheets. I'm not saying he didn't make a lot of work, because he did, but those sheets were created long time ago.
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-01-08 07:13:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Emba said: »
Not sure I am buying what you're selling there for Blade: Hi offhand. I have some serious doubts that Ternion out performs Taka for anything Hi related. If we also consider empy AM3 than you're leaving a ton of white damage behind using Ternion over Taka in your OH.

Taka is not even close. Also I have no idea how you made that last conclusion. 4% triple attack and 175delay easily beats 27 attack and 3% crit rate as offhand for AM3 Kannagi white damage. 10~15agi, 5wsd and 4%TA easily beats 20AGI, 3% crit rate and 27 attack too for :Hi
[+]
 Bismarck.Firedemon
Server: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2021-01-08 07:15:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Nice to have in 1 place, great job. Your inventory shows 108 pieces but you have a duplicate Herculean Vest with MAB/MACC/INT.
 Asura.Datsik
user: datsik
By Asura.Datsik 2021-01-08 07:23:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Im not saying Taka is bad, but they basically have the same agi and base dmg.
Ternion has TA+4 and wsdmg+5% also VS Takas +3 crit rate.
Also you'll hit faster with dagger offhand, it has a lot less delay.

By just eyeballin' I'd use the dagger :P But what do I know.
Overrall I just want to have a clear answer on what gear is BiS for nin, this is getting confusing :P
 Phoenix.Logical
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Logical 2021-01-08 07:56:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Nice work. I am about to go back through and do a summary video covering them all in a similar fashion as over the year many discussions were had about some possible better choices but it looks like many of those were captured here. Only one I'm not seeing at first glance is go ahead and swap out Fast Cast body for Adhemar +1 path D... gives 10% but cost 20M for that last 1% lol.

As previously mentioned Date Shuriken is appearing as BiS in many sets now but Seki still does appear for some. For instance BiS for Hi is Date in Uncapped situations but Seki in Capped. With Shun it's opposite though, Trust situation Seki wins and in Capped Date wins. These are some of those fine refinements I hope to clear up in that summary video I'm about to do. I'm sure this will prove useful for many though who want a quick reference. Well done.
[+]
By mynameisgonz 2021-01-08 08:04:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Logical said: »
Nice work. I am about to go back through and do a summary video covering them all in a similar fashion as over the year many discussions were had about some possible better choices but it looks like many of those were captured here. Only one I'm not seeing at first glance is go ahead and swap out Fast Cast body for Adhemar +1 path D... gives 10% but cost 20M for that last 1% lol.

As previously mentioned Date Shuriken is appearing as BiS in many sets now but Seki still does appear for some. For instance BiS for Hi is Date in Uncapped situations but Seki in Capped. With Shun it's opposite though, Trust situation Seki wins and in Capped Date wins. These are some of those fine refinements I hope to clear up in that summary video I'm about to do. I'm sure this will prove useful for many though who want a quick reference. Well done.

Thanks for your work dude, soon as you got new info, i will update it here.
By mynameisgonz 2021-01-08 08:10:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Datsik said: »
Im not saying Taka is bad, but they basically have the same agi and base dmg.
Ternion has TA+4 and wsdmg+5% also VS Takas +3 crit rate.
Also you'll hit faster with dagger offhand, it has a lot less delay.

By just eyeballin' I'd use the dagger :P But what do I know.
Overrall I just want to have a clear answer on what gear is BiS for nin, this is getting confusing :P

That is my goal, I was hesitant to call this thread the "BiS" list because that incites people to go THATS BULL! so instead i wanted to simply make an updated gearset that uses all best known available info.

Hopefully though, as we get new info, we can reach that point.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-01-08 10:52:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Would be cool to compile all the information that Sechs, Simonses, Capuchin, and others have recently stated regarding offhand options. That question pops up regularly, having a section that explains each weapon and it's use will be helpful to many imo.
[+]
By mynameisgonz 2021-01-08 14:31:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »

Would be cool to compile all the information that Sechs, Simonses, Capuchin, and others have recently stated regarding offhand options. That question pops up regularly, having a section that explains each weapon and it's use will be helpful to many imo.

Threads pretty big, if you can hit me with a link or two, i can disseminate from there!
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-01-08 15:15:27
Link | Quote | Reply

These are the main posts from Sechs and Capuchin

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/55600/offhand-katana/#3557358

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/55600/offhand-katana/#3557373
By DaneBlood 2021-01-08 20:09:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Why would you select her helm with fastcast 6 over 7 ? ;)
 Bismarck.Firedemon
Server: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2021-01-08 20:32:36
Link | Quote | Reply

DaneBlood said: »
Why would you select her helm with fastcast 6 over 7 ? ;)

FC caps at 6 with ferns my friend.
By Draylo 2021-01-08 20:37:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Get them Dark Matters, just got one helm to 7. I thought 6 was cap but I guess only with Fern.
 Quetzalcoatl.Khajit
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Khajit
By Quetzalcoatl.Khajit 2021-01-08 21:18:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Ninjutsu skill +10 earrings exist. Might want to replace those gwati earrings.
By Kikomizuhara 2021-01-08 23:53:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Ten attack capped: Gere ring instead of regal? Thinking regal wins - same STR - but regal has the Dex and other good stuff.
By mynameisgonz 2021-01-09 06:42:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Kikomizuhara said: »
Ten attack capped: Gere ring instead of regal? Thinking regal wins - same STR - but regal has the Dex and other good stuff.

Gere parses 30,605 and Regal parses 30,530
By Kikomizuhara 2021-01-09 15:11:20
Link | Quote | Reply

The triple attack? Interesting.
 Quetzalcoatl.Langly
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Langly
By Quetzalcoatl.Langly 2021-01-09 18:01:50
Link | Quote | Reply

When we say "this when attack capped vs this when not attack capped" it's a little disingenuous I find.

What limit is it where it changes?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-01-09 18:09:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I prefer the term Logical used in his videos "trust buffs". It's a finite value and is a fairly common scenario vs "when not attack capped" which could be a wide gap. Literally one point under the cap is "not attack capped", or completely naked.
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-01-09 18:12:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
Get them Dark Matters, just got one helm to 7. I thought 6 was cap but I guess only with Fern.

:P
[+]
 Phoenix.Rizzspeed
Server: Phoenix
user: Rizzspeed
By Phoenix.Rizzspeed 2021-01-09 21:41:48
Link | Quote | Reply

for the midcast elemental and enfeebling, shouldn't the feet be swapped?
Hachiya in Elemental.
Mochi in Enfeebling.
or am i wrong?
 Asura.Lunafreya
user: Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2021-01-09 22:10:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Mochi for nuking because of the way it interacts with group 2 merits - if you merit the magic attack bonus ninjutsu category the feet give you like +25% ninjutsu damage. Hachiya for enfeebling for the skill.
[+]
By Draylo 2021-01-09 22:45:27
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
Draylo said: »

:P

8 o.o
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-01-09 22:53:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Rizzspeed said: »
for the midcast elemental and enfeebling, shouldn't the feet be swapped?
Hachiya in Elemental.
Mochi in Enfeebling.
or am i wrong?

Asura.Lunafreya said: »
Mochi for nuking because of the way it interacts with group 2 merits - if you merit the magic attack bonus ninjutsu category the feet give you like +25% ninjutsu damage. Hachiya for enfeebling for the skill.

The skill is on the Hachiya head, not feet. They are both very close, and you can make the case that you can use either Mochizuki feet +3 for Enfeebling and Hachiya feet +3 for nuke. It comes down to what you merit and the convenience factor.

Mochizuki feet has skill+23, but that competes with the Hachiya feet for Macc+52(+15 for set bonus). Without merits, I believe Hachiya+3 are the better option for pure Magic Accuracy. But if you put merits into Group 2 Magic Accuracy, you get an additional 15 macc using Mochizuki feet +3. So comes out to 36(base) + 15(5 merits) = 51 macc + 23 Ninjutsu Skill (relic) vs +67 Macc (AF). So the safe option to go with is Hachiya+3 feet for enfeebling since both are so close with merits. More importantly, AF+3 does not require any merits into group 2 to get that high value, so you can still keep Innin 5/5 for DPS, which way better than 15 macc imo.

As far as elemental magic, it also depends on your merits and if you are bursting and need the MBB from Hachiya+3. If you have MAB merits in Group 2 and do not need the +10 MBB, the clear winner is Mochizuki +3 with the +25% damage. But the safer option to fill both huge magic accuracy, decent magic attack, and a large MBB value is to use Hachiya +3.
[+]
By DaneBlood 2021-01-10 00:22:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Firedemon said: »
FC caps at 6 with ferns my friend.

Already shown but here is another 7FC (DM not fern)
First Page 2 3