2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Mastery Rank Data
Mastery Rank Data
First Page 2 3 ... 47 48 49
By Ranoutofspace 2023-04-27 10:37:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Did you have both GP items, effectively making you 90? I had the same issue where I couldn't craft a stall despite handing in the veteran rank item because I wasn't effectively 90. Iirc getting advanced synthesis allowed me to craft the stall at that point.

In other news, finally finished all GP items. Slightly annoying that some of the 150k GP items fit on the stall but not all of them, so after way too long of trying to fit everything in one picture and dress up all the mannequins:

Ballista ain't happening so thats a whopping 1033 titles out of the current 1077 attainable. That's a wrap!
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [44 days between previous and next post]
By LightningHelix 2023-06-10 14:45:09
Link | Quote | Reply

This is not actually super helpful data, but it's relevant and I thought of this thread.

I was mastery rank 4 and messing around with Monstosity for the first time and then, at some point, hit MR5. Literally zero other changes, and zero Monstrosity PVP (still "Gla./0"), just a bunch of species levelled to 60 and other species unlocked and instincts purchased.

So I can confirm that "some amount of Monstrosity" contributes some amount of progress. Which is like, the absolute minimal quantum contribution. But I'm posting anyway.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Avereith
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2023-06-16 12:21:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm going to necro this out of nostalgia. Fight me.
[+]
By Ranoutofspace 2023-06-16 17:19:09
Link | Quote | Reply

This made the game exciting. Miss the grind. Can't believe it was stupid Campaign Ops that whole time. 10/10.
[+]
 Shiva.Liam
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Liam 2023-06-20 12:11:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Seriously, waiting patiently for patch note - "master rank 9 is now available"
[+]
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2023-06-20 12:45:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Liam said: »
Seriously, waiting patiently for patch note - "master rank 9 is now available"
Please, no. I don't want to come back! Let the grind be over!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2023-06-21 08:00:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Got my last Mog Gardens title. Glad to be done!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2023-06-21 08:42:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Daaaang, that's a lot of ocean/pond grabs. 1000, right? So 1000 days minimum, oof
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-06-21 08:51:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Dedication, 3 full years of gardening

1000 ponds and oceans, but also, get a new mon, pet it, kill it, 1000 times. Brutal.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2023-06-21 11:24:22
Link | Quote | Reply

New mon isn't as bad because you can do 3 per day. Pond pulls was my last one. I started around 700 or something last year, I think. I used to just do mog gardens randomly for npcables, so I was starting out pretty far along.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [96 days between previous and next post]
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2023-09-25 00:20:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I dunno if this was ever mentioned in-thread, but leveling up my Chocobo Digging skill pushed me over from rank 6 to rank 7.
[+]
By Antisense 2023-10-14 09:42:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Can anyone confirm that "Conqueror of Fear" ("One to Be Feared" Omega/Ultima VD clear) is another title that you can't access via the title NPC (Aligi-Kufongi [H-9] main level in Tavnazian Safehold), like "Fulmination Disruptor" ("Trial By Lightning VD) and "Champion of the Dawn"?
 Shiva.Znitch
user: znitch
By Shiva.Znitch 2023-10-14 11:25:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Works fine for me
By Antisense 2023-10-14 11:49:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll just redo it then

I got "Honors" and the "transcended" dialogue for One to Be Feared though.
By Antisense 2023-10-18 11:20:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a way to avoid Balamor when doing Alluvion Skirmish, since getting Balamor prevents you from clearing one ("You have successfully conquered all areas of this skirmish.") and presumably not being able to clear means not being able to get "Queller of Otherworldly Gales" or "Alluvion Assailant."

Can anyone confirm if you can do Visage V/Torso I for the fastest clear and still get the title? Torso I is only 3 floors versus II/III/IV/V having 4/5/6/7 floors. (Well, at least I confirmed myself that III has only 5 floors.) It would seem if you use a Visage V, the more floors you do the more likely Balamor is going to ruin your run

I did a Torso I Cirdas (3 floors) and Torso III (5 floors) and didn't get the title but I didn't use a Visage V for either
 Odin.Valisk
Server: Odin
user: Valisk
By Odin.Valisk 2023-10-18 12:13:15
Link | Quote | Reply

There is no way to intentionally avoid Balamor, but I can tell you do not go during the Skirmish Frenzy campaign (going on now at the time of this post) which increases his encounter rate. Learned that the hard way after spending 20+ runs thinking I was the most unlucky/lucky person in the world. 1st run after the campaign ended, got my title.
By Antisense 2023-10-19 10:04:23
Link | Quote | Reply

The Balamor encounter rate may only apply to Yorcia (http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics/ff11us/detail/20831/detail.html) but probably better off skipping for now.

I just did Cirdas I/Torso V and got Balamor on floor 7. Exited without fighting (since clearing would remove the cap on the # of floors) and didn't get the title.
By Antisense 2023-10-20 11:01:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I did Cirdas visage I / torso V / feet I without a Balamor encounter and did NOT get a title after clearing all the floors.

However I did use Lorissa to skip a floor clear (the first floor). That doesn't count toward a floor clear so you have to do 8 floors total actually.

Previously it was confirmed that you can do Cirdas visage I / torso V to get the title: https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/29127/random-question-thread-ffxi-related/730/#3612959

So it's possible that skipping a floor with Lorissa will prevent you from getting the title.
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2023-10-20 12:59:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Makes me feel good to still see people enjoying the title/completion grind
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-10-20 13:00:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Avereith said: »
Makes me feel good to still see people enjoying the title/completion grind

Not like they have anything else to do.
[+]
 Shiva.Znitch
user: znitch
By Shiva.Znitch 2023-10-20 16:27:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Got my last few titles from Mog Garden a few days ago, and unless Shiva loses the Astral Candescence to Mamools or Trolls in the next few weeks before my sub runs out, probably the last titles that I end up getting.

Rank 8, Final data

44 Titles not obtained

[+]
By Antisense 2023-10-21 11:31:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Did Cirdas Visage I / Faithful's Torso V / Faithful's Legs I / Eudaemon Cape with full clear (no Balamor, no Lorissa appearance) and no title, so this contradicts the previous observation that you can get away with using Visage I

Prob will do V/V/V for Cirdas and Yorcia some other time to get both titles like I did with Rala regular Skirmish when the Skirmish campaign is over

Edit: I'm actually at 856 titles and "only" rank 6, so maybe I didn't meet some minimum requirement to get rank 7.

I do have 2x level 1 jobs, 8 total jobs under level 76, only 6 blue magic spells, minimal fishing done so not sure if any of that crap is associated with a "hard gate."
By Ranoutofspace 2023-10-21 20:37:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Probably job levels if I had to guess. Just don't make the same mistake I did and not touch Campaign Ops! Seemed like 10 is the minimum, unless the stronghold ones have more weight.
By Antisense 2023-10-30 10:14:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Now up to 869 titles with no rank up. I still have 3 spawn NM (lottery or timed) titles I haven't gotten, so if I still don't get rank 7 off any of those, they do contribute to rank but they aren't necessarily involved in a minimum rank-up requirement.
 Bismarck.Shadows
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Shadows 2023-10-30 19:26:51
Link | Quote | Reply

1053/1097 total Titles (used Byrth's lua to verify)

where can said lua be found?
 Shiva.Liam
By Shiva.Liam 2023-10-30 22:33:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Antisense said: »
Now up to 869 titles with no rank up. I still have 3 lottery spawn NM titles I haven't gotten, so if I still don't get rank 7 off any of those, they do contribute to rank but they aren't necessarily involved in a minimum rank-up requirement.

Which NMs? A bunch of people in this thread (myself included) ranked up after a beastman leader nm title.

Also could be worth making sure you have final cutscenes done for any of the main missions, we know losing medal of altana can de-lvl you, unsure if restarting the end of CoP for a new earring or anything like that might also "undo" said completion. good luck!

(1018 titles here now, trying to get gold hook before I call it a day, still some strong competition on shiva!)
By Antisense 2023-11-01 10:35:39
Link | Quote | Reply

King Vinegarroon (Vinegar Evaporator)
Tzee Xicu the Manifest (Deity Debunker)
Cemetery Cherry (Mon Cherry)

I redid all the cutscenes for the redone Moonshade Earring (on "Lest We Forget") so I don't think that's blocking progress.

Also I did Cirdas V/V/V twice now and still getting Balamor to block the Queller of Otherworldly Gales title (last time on floor 6). Annoying AF

Up to 870 now

Inverter code: https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/55467/mastery-rank-data/34/#3600178
 Bahamut.Navius
Server: Bahamut
user: phot0nic
By Bahamut.Navius 2023-11-01 19:46:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I remember having troubles with the Queller of Otherworldly Gales title a couple years ago. The source I was following said that I needed to clear Alluvian Rala with a Torso V, and I had the same issues as you, encountering Balamor and making the title unobtainable. I finally got lucky and got through all (7?, I think) floors with the Torso V without running into Balamor and did NOT get the title.

A friend of mine who was running with me at the time tried looking stuff up and found another poorly worded/translated source that suggested clearing Alluvian Rala and and Cirdas was required. I wanted to see if clearing Cirdas changed anything, and, for my first run, I intentionally used a Torso I (just to see if there was any truth to the Torso V requirement). Well, sure enough, that one Torso I clear in Cirdas got me the title.

Now, my friend who was with me on both runs did NOT get the title. I was pretty sure that I had cleared Yorcia in the past, and he was pretty sure that he did not. So, my belief is that clearing all Alluvian Skirmishes (encountering Balamor does not count as a clear) is the requirement, and Torso V does not matter (for Alluvian titles, pretty sure it still matters for regular Skirmish).

Hope my experience is helpful, good luck!
By Antisense 2023-11-02 09:38:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I hadn't done Rala Alluvion Skirmish at all. I also haven't done a Yorcia full clear (only Balamor kill in Yorcia).

Just did a Visage I / Torso V / Legs I / Eudaemon Cape run and got the title after exiting.

What's better is I got rank 7 on this title. LMAO

So it's likely that just clearing all 7 floors on Torso V (getting the message "You have successfully conquered all areas of this skirmish.") for Rala and Cirdas each will yield the title
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 47 48 49