2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Mastery Rank Data
Mastery Rank Data
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 47 48 49
By Pantafernando 2021-01-10 17:58:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, Zilart was faster than i thought it would be.

And good news.

Atm, i just finished Celestial Nexus. I have a party of 6 chars all about the same progress in game aside the crafter one.

I checked right before engaging Ealdnarche, rank 1 and 2. Right after the fight, without the very last mission, all my chars but the crafter one and a randon other got a rank up. Just im not sure why the random mule didnt get it, but so far, i got 5x rank 2, 1x rank 1.

The hiphotesis tested was that maybe the rank up was due a set checkpoint reached like "Complete missions etc". But this kinda proved false as the chars didnt rank up homogeneously. So, there is some quantitative measure that need to be completed to rank up, a thing the last mule didnt reach yet. Gonna see if i can get a few titles for a rank up, as if hes that close to the others in terms of progress, probably just a couple of titles should be enough to the rank up.
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-01-10 18:05:32
Link | Quote | Reply

So it is 175 ish titles, cause your guys were all around that?
By Pantafernando 2021-01-10 18:13:02
Link | Quote | Reply

A bit higher as i got a few in the next missions. Probably near 200ish atm.

Currently doing a couple of WoE to see if the last mule get the rank2
By Pantafernando 2021-01-10 18:39:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Completed Zilart.

Tomorrow gonna do some more progress, but another information:

Char 1 rank2 111 days RoE 144
Char 2 rank2 32 days 4h RoE 123
Char 3 rank2 31 days 11h RoE 127
Char 4 rank2 30 days 20h RoE 148
Char 5 rank2 29 days 19h RoE 156
Char 6 rank1 28 days 13h RoE 165

EDIT: added RoE information
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-01-10 18:47:46
Link | Quote | Reply

You've got to find the difference between that 6th one and the rest
 Lakshmi.Avereith
Server: Lakshmi
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-01-10 18:57:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I didn't rank up to 7 at 703 titles... But I guess I could try pushing to 750 ;;
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-01-10 19:33:13
Link | Quote | Reply

300 didn't give rank 3

This is... really frustrating

I have double the quests complete that I did at rank 2, double the titles (almost), triple the mission completion, double the unique ROE. What the *** is the rank up condition ffs.

(in4b you can only get 1 rank per version update)

300 titles
110 craft
600 RoE
Still rank 2
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-01-10 21:38:22
Link | Quote | Reply

k soooo..

went from 633 to 703 titles, and now 721 to 800 RoE and no changes so far from rank 6

I'm thinking heavily that it's going to be abyssea fame/quests, which I have none of currently
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-01-10 21:46:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Doing ALL of abyssea AGAIN makes me want to die

***... take pictures... kill a billion of these... brigid... ***. gross.

It's not that bad other than brigid and soul plates, I guess, but still, it's so many quests for fame and abyssites/atmas !!

I did it the first (and only time) without clipper, so I suppose it will be considerably faster this time (that doesn't make it more appealing lol)
By Manque 2021-01-10 22:36:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I think it’s possible that some ranks are tied to content and others are tied to days subbed or the number of “thumbs up” you get from mentees in the channel. The latter makes sense to me as it incentivizes mentors to help and compete to do so.

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/guide/assistchannel/

Focusing on content, some other ideas:
- hunt currency
- campaign ops
- MMM titles

I had a look around in Japanese and there’s no one with as much detailed info as you guys here, haha. The rank system is called “knowledge rank” in Japanese which makes me feel like the “thumbs up” are a factor.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-01-10 22:59:20
Link | Quote | Reply

There were people who were instantly max rank, so like maybe when they add more, the chat will matter (thumbs up)
By Pantafernando 2021-01-11 02:18:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Completed Zilart.

Tomorrow gonna do some more progress, but another information:

Char 4 rank2 30 days 21h RoE 148 Title 183 Completed Quests 251
Char 6 rank1 28 days 15h RoE 165 Title 184 Completed Quests 254

EDIT: added RoE information

Updated info.

Later gonna check another difference between them, but those two mules should about the same, they are almost like twin sisters.

EDIT: Added quests completed. While the final number is the same, there are small difference between them

EDIT2: Completed the "missing" quest on the rank 1 char. No changes yet.

EDIT3: I replicated all quests and titles between both chars and no rank up.

What i can do now is to wait till the second char ring 29 days of game play to see if a rank up happens
By Pantafernando 2021-01-11 06:25:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a quest checklist somewhere?

EDIT: NVM, i wrote one on my own.

1118 quests, why you guys still complain there isnt much to do in game???
 Shiva.Znitch
Server: Shiva
user: znitch
By Shiva.Znitch 2021-01-11 06:51:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a quest checklist somewhere?
I use this one
[+]
By Manque 2021-01-11 06:54:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Found the fresh-picked section about Mastery Rank/Knowledge Rank

Above says:
  • Mentor Class:
    - your mentor class changes depending on the thumbs-up and negative feedback you receive

• Knowledge rank is determined by a combination of the clear status of various in-game contents and the comprehensive experience level of the player.

Only found one blog post by a rank 8 guy. He thinks reason many people stuck at 7 might have something to do with monstrosity.

edit: I asked on the official forums in the 'ask the devs' forum in JPN for more info on how to calculate it.
By Pantafernando 2021-01-11 07:09:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I wonder if "comprehensive experience level" means play time....
By Pantafernando 2021-01-11 08:30:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Unexpectedelly my last char ranked up to 2, playtime 28d 21h.

It happened before i noticed while i was farming some merits to do Monthly.

Suposelly ranked up from time or because during that merit farming i unlocked 2 or 3 Escha Zitah portals. Either one of those or something more subtle like mobs killed, dmg dealt/taken, etc, that was what i was doing.

Well, i dont hope i will get rank 3 anywhere soon so i guess thats all from my part, for a while.

Just to recap, i had one older mule (100+days) that was rank2, and others 5 that was, at that time, below 30 days playing, with rank 1.

Then i completed SoA, RoV, CoP without any rank up. As soon as i finished Celestial Nexus (but didnt complete Zilart at that time), 4 mules ranked up to 2 leaving the mule with less playtime at rank 1.

Then, i replicate all titles, missions and quests between all those mules to force the last one to rank up, what didnt happen.

The rank up happened around the time my play time hit 28d 21h, but uncertain if it was due the time, due the battle done dugint that time or due the escha portals unlocked while navigating there.

EDIT: i also unlocked few vorseals at that time. Thats another possibility.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-01-11 08:32:27
Link | Quote | Reply

1118 quests, why you guys still complain there isnt much to do in game???

They're mostly pointless, it doesn't matter if a game has a billion fetch quests that only award EXP... that's still "nothing.

Manque said: »
Only found one blog post by a rank 8 guy. He thinks reason many people stuck at 7 might have something to do with monstrosity.

edit: I asked on the official forums in the 'ask the devs' forum in JPN for more info on how to calculate it.
There is no rank 8 and there are people who played the ***out of monstrosity.

.......... If it's something like unlocking portals (confluxes waypoints etc... I would've never found it, I clip everywhere, I have ZERO escha portals open, zero abyssea confluxes) a ton of guides and HP though.
By Pantafernando 2021-01-11 09:03:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Vorseals seems a strong possibility
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-01-11 09:39:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I got an aeonic, I have like 70% of the vorseals just from that

+ every mission complete, I've got damn near all of em except the dumbshit like raise a chocobo and the 3 dragons and max abyssea fame, all of which people have rank 7 without doing
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-01-11 09:48:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I'm not worried about monstrosity. I have a frog at level 90 for the haste attachment, lol

I never did unlock a cerberus or behemoth though, eh

My vorseals are definitely not maxed, but they are all 9, 10, or 11 at least. except for the dragons which are like 5, 5, and 8

edit: and I'm going to stick with the abyssea idea for now. I think I'll go through the zones one a time and max fame, do all quests, get all atma/abyssites

It might take a while, but I don't have much else to with in-game downtime anyway...
[+]
By Pantafernando 2021-01-11 10:04:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Mules need mighty guard so i guess thats my next stop.

Hopefully the 100+ days mule get to three.
 Lakshmi.Blackada
user: logsrus
By Lakshmi.Blackada 2021-01-11 12:08:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Mule Rank 1
Only done enough to use Mars orbs

Play time : 33 days 21 hr
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-01-11 15:08:47
Link | Quote | Reply

first abyssea full zone clear down w/ la theine! 8 more to go ;;

I think I got 5 new titles too just doing that one zones fame/quests/atma/abyssites, so still building towards 750 titles as well (708 currently)
By Pantafernando 2021-01-11 15:54:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Just in case, i went with my second set of mules to unlock all escha zitah portals plus to unlock the few vorseals available.

Well, good news i didnt get any rank up.

Now i narrowed down the requeriment between CoP completion, Zilart completion, SoA completion, WotG completion, all legends, near all adoulin quests complete.

(actually Zilart completion is out as i got the rank up just clearing the boss and not the missions)

Ah, yes, they are at 10 days play time.
 Sylph.Brahmsz
Server: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2021-01-11 20:39:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Total playtime (or perhaps number of days since character creation) having something to do with the early ranks (which brings back the idea of multiple check box requirements) is an interesting idea. Since the original requires listed total playtime as one the basic guidelines.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-01-11 20:54:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean, I feel like there's no possible way I can't be higher than rank 2 except that this character only has 33 days play time

Just constantly checking rank every task I complete, then one day I'll go to bed rank 2 and wake up rank 3.

I could be wrong, but it's lookin sus. Where's all the people with 5 year old Idris/Carn mules who do nothing but master one job and max that out as a 2box.

It would be silly to allow a character a month old to be rank 7 (as if it really mattered) so I can understand the logic, a month old character can't possibly know that much stuff. (Ignoring the fact that the human playing said character has the full 18 years played etc)
 Sylph.Brahmsz
Server: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2021-01-11 21:39:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
I mean, I feel like there's no possible way I can't be higher than rank 2 except that this character only has 33 days play time

Just constantly checking rank every task I complete, then one day I'll go to bed rank 2 and wake up rank 3.

I could be wrong, but it's lookin sus. Where's all the people with 5 year old Idris/Carn mules who do nothing but master one job and max that out as a 2box.

It would be silly to allow a character a month old to be rank 7 (as if it really mattered) so I can understand the logic, a month old character can't possibly know that much stuff. (Ignoring the fact that the human playing said character has the full 18 years played etc)

This may be one of the first genuinely feasible leads outside of "just do stuff and check it."

From a game developer point of view, specifically time gating rank 2 behind in-game playtime or possibly time since character creation might make sense if the intention was to block players from simply cheesing their way to Rank 7 with a fresh character.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-01-11 21:45:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Exactly, considering you can mute people if you're higher rank than them. Imagine the ***show if someone could get rank 7 in a week and just mute everyone below 7.

One of the shouters could simply get rank 7, so they could yell in assist and be unmutable.
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 47 48 49