Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Ambuscade » Mamool Ambuscade V1
Mamool Ambuscade V1
By Titorinho 2020-11-11 06:46:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Can BST slug debuff mb without it charming a player, or SMN using attack down with leviathan?
By Crossbones 2020-11-11 10:14:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I think he only reacts to spells so should work. Ageha didn't cause any problems. If it ends horribly let us know!
[+]
 Shiva.Kasaioni
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Kasaioni
By Shiva.Kasaioni 2020-11-11 20:02:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Emba said: »
We found that hitting 1-2 light and dark SC's during his elemental wheel spamming was required to break his aura.
Seems hard to tell whether the aura is light or dark coloured based on the videos I've seen, seems like it's a mixture of both.
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-11-11 20:06:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Someone should make a dat change to make the white aura brighter and the dark aura darker.

Some bright *** white and black instead of both being kinda purply
[+]
 Asura.Mims
user: Ginza
By Asura.Mims 2020-11-12 08:23:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Just a minor note for WHMs this month:

Yagrush is NOT needed! Yeah it's nice to have if the Blm enfeeblegas go off, but how infrequent those are, accession is fine.

Miasma off the Bozzetto Autarch is the big nasty move, and misery Esuna is BETTER for clearing it than Yagrush. Plague Slow and Poison (Though for some reason I only rarely saw the poison land on anyone in our last runs) mean 3 separate casts to clear the crap with Yagrush, or one single cast of Esuna under Afflatus Misery.

Make sure you have at least a cleric's wand, if not a piety wand or Asclepius.

When fighting the Autarch, stand in range in a -DT set (NOT an MEVA set! This is important!) keep Stoneskin and Misery up, and just pop Esuna or Curaga when needed. Super easy.

Final note, people talk about the boss having magic counter TP move. More accurately, EVERY Mamool this month counters magic with a different TP move. A lot of people don't realize this, it's not just Hemotoxin wheel. Mostly this affects tanks and debuffers. If your tank is complaining about 3 minute amnesia all the time, it's because they are using Flash.
Do not use ANY targeted magic on ANY Mamool, unless they are asleep. And even if they are asleep, do not cast damaging spells like Dia, as those will wake them up and be met with an immediate counter.
Last night on we had the Autarch slept, and our BRD had the bright idea to wake it up with banish, as I refused to do so on WHM. I yelled at him not to do it, he had a "What could possibly go wrong" moment, and proceeded to get instagibbed by Hemotoxin Wheel.
The party had a collective "What were you expecting to happen?" response.
Don't be that guy.
[+]
 Asura.Shiraj
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2020-11-12 08:46:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I took SCH to VD clears and it works really well with keeping people alive, just sometimes it sucks if the boss decides to spam Miasma. So for any SCH who are going to heal, I'd prioritise Accesion Erase over Viruna in a 6 man party.

Asura.Mims said: »
Do not use ANY targeted magic on ANY Mamool, unless they are asleep. And even if they are asleep, do not cast damaging spells like Dia, as those will wake them up and be met with an immediate counter.

I learned the hard way myself lmao. I thought to myself "Oh, don't dia boss, rest should be fine. Nope. Monk 1 shot me with Fetid flash or some ***I forget, but it 1 shot me regardless.
By Thunderjet 2020-11-12 09:00:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Kasaioni said: »
We found that hitting 1-2 light and dark SC's during his elemental wheel spamming was required to break his aura.
Seems hard to tell whether the aura is light or dark coloured based on the videos I've seen, seems like it's a mixture of both.

i dont think the aura color has anything to do with it, might be the opposite san spell element for sc
By Mrxi 2020-11-12 11:01:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Thunderjet said: »
Shiva.Kasaioni said: »

i dont think the aura color has anything to do with it, might be the opposite san spell element for sc
No it uses the ele wheel when aura up and when it finishes it uses Mijin Gakure 2. yes it can be both colors so just do light then dark over and over and with no aura full attack
[+]
By Mrxi 2020-11-12 11:08:07
Link | Quote | Reply

The drg hitting tank was problem so i used geo barrier and indi wilt 2 march 2 Minne till adds dead, then frailty torpor 2 march 2 Minuet
 Sylph.Brahmsz
Server: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2020-11-12 12:40:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Just a minor note for WHMs this month:

Yagrush is NOT needed! Yeah it's nice to have if the Blm enfeeblegas go off, but how infrequent those are, accession is fine.

Miasma off the Bozzetto Autarch is the big nasty move, and misery Esuna is BETTER for clearing it than Yagrush. Plague Slow and Poison (Though for some reason I only rarely saw the poison land on anyone in our last runs) mean 3 separate casts to clear the crap with Yagrush, or one single cast of Esuna under Afflatus Misery.

Make sure you have at least a cleric's wand, if not a piety wand or Asclepius.

When fighting the Autarch, stand in range in a -DT set (NOT an MEVA set! This is important!) keep Stoneskin and Misery up, and just pop Esuna or Curaga when needed. Super easy.

Final note, people talk about the boss having magic counter TP move. More accurately, EVERY Mamool this month counters magic with a different TP move. A lot of people don't realize this, it's not just Hemotoxin wheel. Mostly this affects tanks and debuffers. If your tank is complaining about 3 minute amnesia all the time, it's because they are using Flash.

This is extremely helpful and confirmed what I thought I was seeing the other night when I attempted to flash the other Mamools.

Also, Misery build sounds very enticing for this month.
 Cerberus.Tikal
Server: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2020-11-12 19:11:11
Link | Quote | Reply

What's the effective difference between D and VD this month?
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-11-12 19:14:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Just more HP nothing extra special about this one.

Takes more crits/more sc to remove auras. Maybe 1 more mijin cycle.
 Sylph.Wardeniv
Server: Sylph
user: Wardeniii
By Sylph.Wardeniv 2020-11-12 21:02:48
Link | Quote | Reply

One of our LS-mates had a pretty solid meme-ish idea of saboteur + addle II on the final boss. We were progressively just blapping him down and ignoring the mechanic at higher and higher percentages when it became apparent how much damage he takes.

The ninjutsu would cast so slowly with sab/addle II you can honestly prob just zerg it from 100 to 0 while completely ignoring the mechanic.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2020-11-13 08:35:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Make sure you have at least a Cleric's Wand, if not a Piety Wand or Asclepius.

First 2 are very rarely sold, the other is 150m :(
 Shiva.Arislan
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2020-11-13 09:06:55
Link | Quote | Reply

RadialArcana said: »
Make sure you have at least a Cleric's Wand, if not a Piety Wand or Asclepius.

First 2 are very rarely sold, the other is 150m :(

You definitely don't need an esuna club for this ambu.

Esuna + Misery removes 2 out of the 3 status, and it's common for poison not to stick on more than 1-2 people at a time. I idled in Inyanga + -DT and don't think I got hit w/ Poison once, but slow and virus still always landed.
 Asura.Wotasu
user: Wotasu
By Asura.Wotasu 2020-11-13 09:52:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Dont need Yagrush for VD or Misery, they just makes it easier.
Divine Caress > Accession > Viruna, takes Virus out of the equation for ~3min.
Erase the slow from the Main DD's 1st. Accession RegenIV will counter the Poison
[+]
 Asura.Mims
By Asura.Mims 2020-11-13 10:49:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Divine Caress is great, no arguments from me there.

I personally prefer Esuna since it can clear everything in one shot. I like that I can clear the Plague effect in one tic or even less.
And yeah, like I mentioned earlier the poison almost never stuck, so I was generally seeing Esuna clear only two status effects at a time.

Divine Caress is nice in that you can prep it ahead of time and have it idling waiting for your next -na spell, but its not safe to prep Accession ahead of time with its 2 minute recast /Sch. And then on top of that you are often using one charge to keep Regen up. While this covers Viruna just fine, it means the Whm often doesn't have strats to clear slow via accession erase, and must single target.
It works, but it is time consuming, which is more room for other things to go wrong.

A good Whm can deal with Miasma, with forethought, planning, and responsiveness.
Miasma will and does wreck bad Whms and has caused plenty of pickup groups to fail and die horribly to Mijin, when they suddenly can't clear the aura. I trust you guys are fine, but we all know the comedy of errors that is pickup groups.

As for Su3/4/5 clubs on Whm, I'm of the personal opinion that an Su4 club should be in every Whm's toolkit. I know they can be hard to find, which is silly considering that Su5 clubs seem to be more common. I'm no shield crafter, but the supply side of Whm clubs does not make sense to me.
[+]
user: Hiraishin
By Asura.Hiraishinsenna 2020-11-13 13:54:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone had this glitch/bug happening in this month dyna?
We were trying to proc the MNK the other day on a VD run, at some point he completely stopped using any moves and we were unable to get the aura off him, ended up killing him after 5-6 minutes of hitting with just a soboro.
 Asura.Shiraj
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2020-11-13 14:34:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Hiraishinsenna said: »
Anyone had this glitch/bug happening in this month dyna?
We were trying to proc the MNK the other day on a VD run, at some point he completely stopped using any moves and we were unable to get the aura off him, ended up killing him after 5-6 minutes of hitting with just a soboro.

I've had it a few times on D as well. Even SCs are unable to remove the aura from him. Not sure what causes it, but it sucks. Seems to be after he used Hundred Fists it's unable to be procced, but not sure.
 Shiva.Osborn
user: Osborn
By Shiva.Osborn 2020-11-13 14:53:25
Link | Quote | Reply

We had a problem with the PLD and gravitation, the MNK has never given us trouble yet.

SC after SC with soboro and it was down to like 4% HP. We even let the Erudite bene it back to full health so we could try again and then it did the same thing.

Either glitches or completely unlucky with proc?
 Shiva.Kasaioni
user: Kasaioni
By Shiva.Kasaioni 2020-11-13 15:42:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Someone told me they got the aura off the PLD with fragmentation, not gravitation. But this was on normal difficulty, which may not care which SC you use?
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2020-11-13 17:05:52
Link | Quote | Reply

What do all the mobs do when you cast on them?

boss is charm and i think lancer is amnesia
 Asura.Mims
By Asura.Mims 2020-11-13 17:18:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Each Mamool has a different TP move they use to counter magic with, and each one has an annoying status affect.
I don't remember off the top of my head what they do other than the Lancer being amnesia, but its really easy to test.
Since they immedaitely use the TP move against the caster, regardless of hate, can just go into VE with a tank and a warm body, hold hate with the tank, cast with the lump, and see what comes out.
 Bahamut.Balduran
Server: Bahamut
user: balduran
By Bahamut.Balduran 2020-11-14 02:22:42
Link | Quote | Reply

This month it's ok to love the Vajra and not the Vag!

Clear time: 5~ minutes (excluding buff time)

Jobs: RUN DNC THF GEO BRD White

YouTube Video Placeholder

- Indi-DEX, Geo-Barrier for Guardian phase
- Geo-Frailty Mega Boss Phase
- Gambit/Rakye Ice on Mega Boss

Skillchains! (Double Darkness)

1. THF Sekkanoki Evis> DNC Flourish Rudra > Darkness > THF SA/TA Rudra > Darkness

2. DNC Evisc > THF SA/TA Rudra > Darkness > DNC Rudra > Darkness

Those 2 Double Darkness skillchains should completely take down the Mega Boss, so incase its still alive you can Exent > Mandalic > Light for aura purpose. Be vigilant when timing your WS as you might get caught in shadows :)
 Bismarck.Indigla
Server: Bismarck
user: Indigla
By Bismarck.Indigla 2020-11-14 16:14:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Xolla ~3m24s clear
[+]
 Odin.Demhar
Server: Odin
user: Demhar
By Odin.Demhar 2020-11-15 18:17:56
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Asura.Mims
By Asura.Mims 2020-11-16 11:21:05
Link | Quote | Reply

So, I went ahead and did the magic counter testing I mentioned earlier.

Test was simple, went in on VE with a PLD and Sch character, PLD held mobs and Sch stood at range and cast spells to trigger counter.
All Mamool Ja countered magic cast on them by performing a ranged TP move against the SCH, while the PLD had and maintained hate.
At no point did the PLD lose hate.

The counters are as follows:

Bozzetto Autarch: Hemotoxin Wheel
Didn't actually bother testing this one, as everyone knows it already and the details are on BG.

Erudite (BLM) AND Lancer (DRG): Assault
Both use the TP move Assault which inflicts 3 minute silence and amnesia.

Protector (PLD): Cyclonic Flame
Firey TP move, also inflicts 3 minute silence and amnesia.

Moraingist (MNK/BRD): Fetid Flood
Water/Hydro shot animation, inflicts 200/tic poison

If your party members are getting hit by any of these TP moves, you know they have screwed up!

/edit
I should also add that counter proc rate is not 100%. If the mob is doing something else, such as casting a spell or using a TP move, they may not get their counter move off.
I know its common knowledge for most people, but I thought I should mention it for those who didn't already know.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Lowen
Server: Ragnarok
user: Rorrick
By Ragnarok.Lowen 2020-11-16 14:13:39
Link | Quote | Reply

So does magic mean specifically spells that have an enfeebling effect (Flash?), or any magic at all (/BLU spells)?
By Seraphpdh 2020-11-16 14:33:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Non targeted effects like enlight damage and reprisal spikes did not seem to trigger the magic counters, even on VD.

Flash did seem to trigger it, but not every time. Seems like if they were doing something else (or sleeping) they would not counter.

I did not test /BLU spells, since I want /WAR.
By kasnuaku 2020-11-16 15:06:13
Link | Quote | Reply