Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » X hit build for Tizona
X hit build for Tizona
 Asura.Icewell
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Icewell
By Asura.Icewell 2020-10-23 17:49:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I know there are lots of different variables that are going in to this, so if I happen to miss one, please just substitute in a common one for the sake of argument.

I have afterglowed Tizona. My offhand options are Thibron, Colada (acc+25 and wsd +9), and Naegling.

Let's assume wave 2 and 3 of Dyna divergence for the mobs I'm going to be fighting.
Which x hit build should I be going for? 7 hit? 8 hit? 9 hit?

This is the spreadsheet I'm using at the moment. If it's not current or someone has more up to date information, please share.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B3Hs0OxcvWa1MENuZWJPZGV1aHM
 Asura.Crowned
user: Crowned
By Asura.Crowned 2020-10-23 21:04:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think anyone aims for a specific stp threshold for tizona am3 builds. Just stack as much stp as possible and cap DW.

Edit: forgot to mention herc boots are DM with stp +10, use malignance boots otherwise.

ItemSet 376210
[+]
 Carbuncle.Arakon
Server: Carbuncle
user: arakon
By Carbuncle.Arakon 2020-10-23 22:03:04
Link | Quote | Reply

The priority is to optimize dual wield to hit the cap, then stack all the store tp gear on every slot.

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Dual_Wield table at the bottom.

Usually this will be DW III from traits or subjob (/NIN) + 11 from gear.

Currently, the best +11 is (+7) Reiki Yotai + (+4) Eabani Earring.
An alternate option is (+6) Shetal Stone + (+5) Suppanomimi.

The reason for choosing belt + earring is because they offer the lowest +store tp compare to other slots (especially Malignance gear).

Edit: On the swords, definitely Thibron, the other options is delaying your WS by 1000TP. Expiacion/Savage Blade is too weak to ws at 1000TP without TP Bonus.

The only time I swapped it out for Almace is when I am spamming CDC on aftermath.
 Asura.Aerox
By Asura.Aerox 2020-10-24 03:53:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Set posted by Crowned is solid. Rather than aiming for x-hits in different situations what I have is different sets to cap DW depending on haste which I think is more important.

You're talking w2-3 dyna, idk what buffs you're getting but I get chaos/sam and x2 brds so i'm capping haste and acc with enm-. TP gain is so quick i'm just spamming ws with AM3 up and it takes no time to get to 3k to pop AM3, which is a godsend because regular mobs die in 2-3 ws and in my group there is normally 4 dd and 2 cor minimum!!

You still want to have Thibron because ws frequency is king and if you get enough overflow you'd be getting 3k bonus instead of 2k.

Fully buffed R15 Tiz blu is very powerful.
By Shichishito 2020-10-24 07:04:57
Link | Quote | Reply

what other sets do you use besides 10~11% DW? can you even reach 49% on BLU in case all sources of haste got dispelled?

what about slow spikes? do you build a set for that too? what do they look like.

adhemar jacket +1 6 DW, eabani 4 DW, suppa 5 DW and shetal 6 DW or reiki 7DW. thats the obvious pieces outside of haverion ring and it only sums up to around 22 DW.

thats still 9% short for cases where you only have erratic flutter available. don't you at some point need to accept that you don't cap attack speed and rely on your buffers to do their job?
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2020-10-24 07:13:55
Link | Quote | Reply

You can get 49 with taeon or herculean augments. I only have 11 and 31, BLU can haste 2 themselves. you also forget about a lot of other items like carmine d, rawhide boots, taeon feet naturally have 4, rosmerta augment for 10

this is my 31DW and doesn't require random augments and minimal swaps from 11DW.

ItemSet 376212