Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Better!: RDM Guide

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Better!: RDM Guide
Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Better!: RDM Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2024-05-15 09:20:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Zuidar said: »
I went to La Value S and tried it out as ML 29 RDM with no merits in Enfeebling duration

Dia 3 Saboteur + Composure wearing 4 Empyrean pieces +3 head/body/legs/feet and Regal cuffs + Snotra Earring + Kishar Ring + Rank 25 RDM Neck +2

Dia III wore off after 9 minutes 52 seconds. That's so damn long

Distract/Frazzle can last 20+ minutes on non-NMs :D
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2024-05-15 09:22:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Someone needs to adjust the Debuffed timers then!
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-05-15 09:28:42
Link | Quote | Reply

A lot of the time you need to do that yourself. I've never found the default Debuffed timers to work correctly without manually telling it what multipliers I'm using from gear
By paladinepsot 2024-05-28 12:48:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Maximizing Savage Blade:

SB is a 2 hit weaponskill, but I'm going to assume that since this isn't an FTP replicating WS and the scaling is so high on the first hit that stacking additional multi-hit isn't going to do much. Is the target then to max str/mnd and attack to cap, then PDL as needed? Where in the weaponskill damage calculation are multi-strike, attack, pdl, and wsd applied? Does WSD continue to multiply things at damage cap or will you get diminishing returns from stacking wsd if you're already there over pdl?
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Server: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-05-28 13:22:34
Link | Quote | Reply

It's hard to give definitives here because it depends on the values you're dealing with (10 WSD vs 5 STR or whatever) but here's how I would evaluate stat priority for SB:

PDL (if attack capped) > WSD > STR > MND > atk >>>>>>>>>>>> multi-attack

Multi-attack procs do next to nothing for SB, you'll probably never notice them unless you're watching your TP return.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-05-28 13:39:53
Link | Quote | Reply

paladinepsot said: »
Where in the weaponskill damage calculation are multi-strike, attack, pdl, and wsd applied?

Damage = Base Damage × Ratio × WSD

Base Damage = (Weapon Damage + WSC + fSTR) × fTP

Ratio(pDIF) = Attacker Attack/Defender Defense

Multiattacks add 1 to fTP each a maximum of two times per weaponskill and a maximum of eight total hits, only if the hit connects. One hit WS will only ever be eligible for one multiattack proc.

PDL from gear and aftermath multiplies the pDIF cap (for a RDM w/ a sword, this is 3.35) and PDL from traits adds a straight amount to the pDIF cap.

Quote:
Does WSD continue to multiply things at damage cap or will you get diminishing returns from stacking wsd if you're already there over pdl?

Idk what you're really asking here but you can't go beyond 99,999 damage with weaponskills so any stat becomes meaningless if you're already doing that. There's also no diminishing returns for WSD, the stat doesn't get worse the more you have of it at different soft caps or breakpoints. But due to it being a multiplier of everything else, increasing the base damage or pDIF may get you more overall damage sometimes because WSD is just multiplying base damage, i.e. multiplying 25000 by 23% is more damage than multiplying 24000 by 26%. PDL is often better than WSD if you can support the increased attack requirement because it is a multiplier for a multiplier, leading to it just being a stronger stat, not because WSD is worse because you have "too much" of it.
[+]
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2024-05-28 13:58:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I would go so far as to say that the only PDL rdm should consider outside of VR ring choice is going to be crepuscular pebble and sroda ring. The Bunzi body doesn't have enough PDL or WS related stats to be worth swapping out Nyame for it.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Server: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-05-28 14:13:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Ran WS calculator using Nyame body vs Bunzi body (R25 vs R30) and Nyame still pulls ahead even while attack capped.

Crep pebble & Sroda Ring do quite well for Savage Blade though, so I agree with the assessment above.
VIP
By Lili 2024-05-28 15:33:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Multiattacks add 1 to fTP each a maximum of two times per weaponskill and a maximum of eight total hits, only if the hit connects. One hit WS will only ever be eligible for one multiattack proc.

The way this is worded is potentially a bit misleading: multiattack only gets a chance to activate on the first two hits of a WS, but they can add more than two hits (i.e, a QA proc will add 3 hits), up to the 8 max
Also, each of those hits does bring +1 fTP unless the WS is fTP replicating, in which case each additional hit will have the same fTP as the first one - and both Evisceration and CDC work that way (not that RDM really uses those in 2024)
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-05-28 15:49:10
Link | Quote | Reply

He was specifically asking about Savage Blade optimization, so I didn't bother including anything about fTP replication since it's irrelevant in this circumstance. He also already seems perfectly aware of how fTP replication works. I guess I can see how someone who isn't literate in the mechanics could misread what I said but in my head the "maximum of 8 hits" already covered the fact that any multiattack will work up to a maximum of two times per weaponskill within the maximum of 8 total hits for the weaponskill.
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11