New Items
users online
Forum » Windower » General » XIVCrossbar - A Gamepad Macro Addon
XIVCrossbar - A Gamepad Macro Addon
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11
By neonrage 2022-08-09 09:11:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Aliekber said: »
Automatic crossbar switching for SMN has (finally) been added to the vanilla (non-IcyDeath) addon.

This works great for me, with one exception, Cait Sith (which has a space in the spell name). The XIVCrossbar Add Set UI won't let you put a space in the set name, and of course putting a space in an XML tag breaks it.

Am I doing something wrong?
By neonrage 2022-08-09 09:33:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, I noticed when ANOTHER summoner in my party cast an Avatar, MY xivhotbar switched to that avatar's bar. That cannot be intended!
By Aliekber 2022-08-09 15:04:39
Link | Quote | Reply

neonrage said: »
Also, I noticed when ANOTHER summoner in my party cast an Avatar, MY xivhotbar switched to that avatar's bar. That cannot be intended!
Oh wow, haha. Yeah, definitely not intended. I'll take a look (at this and Cait Sith).
By GhostyStar 2022-08-10 18:37:09
Link | Quote | Reply

RDM abilities Chainspell and Stymie are showing up with no icons in the binding UI, and white boxes on the hotbars after reload.

I can see they're named slightly differently from the majority of the icons in the images/icons/abilities folder,
Chainspell: 00000.05.png
Stymie: 00254.05.png
By Aliekber 2022-08-12 19:47:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Just pushed some bugfixes:

• SP Ability icons should now display correctly in the action binder and in the crossbar

• Other's actions (such as summoning) should no longer swap your crossbars

• Cait Sith should now correctly autoswap if you name your crossbar "CaitSith" (upper/lowercase doesn't matter)

• Added Siren to resources so she will appear in your summoning list

(Unlocking Cait Sith and Siren so I could debug took more time than the fixes themselves, lol)
 Quetzalcoatl.Khajit
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Khajit
By Quetzalcoatl.Khajit 2022-08-12 20:16:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Slight issue. As you can see. The icons in the custom icons in the binding window do not carry over to the crossbar itself for h2h ws.

I do not know if you fixed it with the update from JUST now.
Ignore the ugly pup hud. I've been too lazy to change the starting position since I usually just hide it immediately.
By Aliekber 2022-08-12 20:39:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Khajit said: »
I do not know if you fixed it with the update from JUST now.
Ignore the ugly pup hud. I've been too lazy to change the starting position since I usually just hide it immediately.
Just pushed a (new) fix specifically for this.
By Noalle 2022-08-14 19:36:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Been trying to use custom icons for SMN blood pacts and while they appear in the action selection they dont have icons in the crossbar themselves, do the pngs need to be a certain size?
 Shiva.Ragnarzero
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Ragnarzero 2022-08-14 20:33:40
Link | Quote | Reply

AliekBer, Cait Sith should now correctly autoswap if you name your crossbar "CaitSith" (upper/lowercase doesn't matter)

does this Fix it for XIVhotbar?
By Aliekber 2022-08-14 22:45:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Noalle said: »
Been trying to use custom icons for SMN blood pacts and while they appear in the action selection they dont have icons in the crossbar themselves, do the pngs need to be a certain size?
They should be 40x40, but having the wrong size shouldn't prevent them from appearing. Can you send me a zip file of your icon pack?
By Aliekber 2022-08-14 22:46:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Ragnarzero said: »
AliekBer, Cait Sith should now correctly autoswap if you name your crossbar "CaitSith" (upper/lowercase doesn't matter)

does this Fix it for XIVhotbar?
Unfortunately, it won't. Although XIVCrossbar is based on XIVHotbar, they operate separately, so changing sets on one won't change sets on the other.
 Shiva.Ragnarzero
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Ragnarzero 2022-08-15 09:26:38
Link | Quote | Reply

does this Fix it for XIVhotbar?[/quote]
Unfortunately, it won't. Although XIVCrossbar is based on XIVHotbar, they operate separately, so changing sets on one won't change sets on the other.[/quote]

Rats i only just found out about XIVHotbar and the settings for SMN but Cait Sith doesn't want to work on it :(
By Noalle 2022-08-15 18:00:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Apologies for asking, but where do i send the zip file?
By Noalle 2022-08-15 18:14:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Tried testing blood pacts using one of the other png's in the default folder and renaming them and again the image appears in the selector but not the crossbar itself. Everything outside of bloodpacts work fine from what ive seen.
By Luddee 2022-08-15 20:42:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Tried testing blood pacts using one of the other png's in the default folder and renaming them and again the image appears in the selector but not the crossbar itself. Everything outside of bloodpacts work fine from what ive seen.

I think I was running into the exact same issue with pet command icons (except it was on pup). I was only able to get it to work after I manually merged some changes from IcyDeath’s spin-off of this addon. It wasn’t very much code and now my pet command icons work like a charm
By Noalle 2022-08-15 21:31:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Luddee said: »
I think I was running into the exact same issue with pet command icons (except it was on pup). I was only able to get it to work after I manually merged some changes from IcyDeath’s spin-off of this addon. It wasn’t very much code and now my pet command icons work like a charm

Know what icedeath changes were what made it work?
By Aliekber 2022-08-15 21:51:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Can you verify that you're running the latest version of XIVCrossbar? This should be fixed in the latest version, if it's the problem I think it is: abilities with spaces in their category type (e.g. "blood pact", "pet command", "quick draw") were not displaying their icons because they were incorrectly looking for folders named "bloodpact", when they needed to be looking for folders named "blood-pact".

Noalle, I PMed you with details of where to send the zip file.
By Luddee 2022-08-15 22:44:33
Link | Quote | Reply

All of the needed changes are inside the ui.lua file

https://github.com/Icydeath/ffxi-addons/blob/master/xivcrossbar/ui.lua

I searched through the file for all instances of "pet" and copy/pasted all the lines and any related blocks of code over to my own ui.lua
By Aliekber 2022-08-15 23:16:06
Link | Quote | Reply

All of the needed changes are inside the ui.lua file

https://github.com/Icydeath/ffxi-addons/blob/master/xivcrossbar/ui.lua

I searched through the file for all instances of "pet" and copy/pasted all the lines and any related blocks of code over to my own ui.lua
While I'm not going to tell anyone what to do with their own copy of the addon, I would prefer that people tell me about bugs rather than (just) patching their LUA themselves, so that the fix can go out to everyone.

In particular, the fix for this went out on July 10, so if you have a newer version than that and are still seeing this issue, please let me know.

But if you're customizing your LUA and patching in other people's stuff, I can't really help you when you run into bugs down the line--that way lies madness.

I *do* welcome pull requests on XIVCrossbar if you want to fix something, or add a new feature. The only reason I didn't just merge in IcyDeath's changes is that they were in one big zip file, instead of in incremental commits where I could understand what each set of changes was attempting to do.
By Luddee 2022-08-15 23:49:31
Link | Quote | Reply

While I'm not going to tell anyone what to do with their own copy of the addon, I would prefer that people tell me about bugs rather than (just) patching their LUA themselves, so that the fix can go out to everyone.

In particular, the fix for this went out on July 10, so if you have a newer version than that and are still seeing this issue, please let me know.

But if you're customizing your LUA and patching in other people's stuff, I can't really help you when you run into bugs down the line--that way lies madness.

I *do* welcome pull requests on XIVCrossbar if you want to fix something, or add a new feature. The only reason I didn't just merge in IcyDeath's changes is that they were in one big zip file, instead of in incremental commits where I could understand what each set of changes was attempting to do.

Hey Aliekber sorry about that and thanks for the earlier kebab fix. It didn’t end up resolving the issue and I didn’t want to keep hounding you so I just dug into it and found a fix.

I would actually love if the change could get merged into the main branch so that I can switch back over. I’m just a bit old school and don’t know the proper way to do pull requests. If you could maybe point me in the right direction and don’t mind my lack of experience here I would be glad to contribute!
By Noalle 2022-08-16 06:28:15
Link | Quote | Reply

was able to fix it following luddee but copying the lines about bloodpacts that are not in the main lua.
By Aliekber 2022-08-16 08:48:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I would actually love if the change could get merged into the main branch so that I can switch back over. I’m just a bit old school and don’t know the proper way to do pull requests. If you could maybe point me in the right direction and don’t mind my lack of experience here I would be glad to contribute!
I'd be happy to!

This should get you set up with Git on Windows: https://www.pluralsight.com/guides/using-git-and-github-on-windows
(Just note that XIVCrossbar uses Windows-style line endings because all its users use Windows or WINE, so disregard the part that tells you to use Unix-style line endings)

This explains how to create commits: https://www.freecodecamp.org/news/learn-the-basics-of-git-in-under-10-minutes-da548267cc91/

This explains how to create a pull request on Github: https://opensource.com/article/19/7/create-pull-request-github

Basically, you'll want to fork my repo (explained in 3rd link), make your changes, commit and push your changes (explained in 2nd link), then create the pull request (explained in 3rd link). I'll review and merge the pull request as long as there aren't any problems with it.

Good practice for commits is that a commit makes a single change to the behavior of the code. It's fine if it touches multiple files, but it should have a singular goal, so "fixing blood pact icons" is a good scope for a commit, but "fixing blood pact icons and changing recast calculation" should be split into two separate commits. But a pull request can include multiple commits, so if you want to make several changes at once (especially changes where change C depends on change B depends on change A), just include all those commits on the same branch--and therefore on the same pull request.
By EdgeSetter 2022-08-16 12:01:37
Link | Quote | Reply

GhostyStar said: »
I'm trying to set this up on my Steam Deck and not having much luck so far.

I've unbound ABXY and LT RT in FFXI Config, and those do nothing in-game when I launch it (as expected).

But when the mapping setup window comes up, that also isn't recognizing the buttons/triggers.

I enabled the Run plugin and added this line to my init.txt, but I suspect the python script is failing to launch - I can't find it in htop. If it is throwing errors I can't see them though, 'cause the game is fullscreen.
Code
run C:/Windows/System32/cmd.exe /c start /unix /home/deck/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/compatdata/2875277058/pfx/drive_c/Windower/addons/xivcrossbar/FFXI_Input.sh

Are there any extra python libs or other tools I need to install to get this working? And if so, inside the proton prefix or outside it?

Were you able to get your buttons/triggers recognized? I've been trying to get this setup on my steam deck and am running into the same problem
By EdgeSetter 2022-08-16 12:07:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm also having an issue with dropped inputs on my PC setup. Half the time I try pressing any of the face buttons on my controller, like to select a menu option or something, the input wont take and I'll have to press it a few times before it finally recognizes the input.
By Aliekber 2022-08-16 12:26:19
Link | Quote | Reply

EdgeSetter said: »
GhostyStar said: »
I'm trying to set this up on my Steam Deck and not having much luck so far.

I've unbound ABXY and LT RT in FFXI Config, and those do nothing in-game when I launch it (as expected).

But when the mapping setup window comes up, that also isn't recognizing the buttons/triggers.

I enabled the Run plugin and added this line to my init.txt, but I suspect the python script is failing to launch - I can't find it in htop. If it is throwing errors I can't see them though, 'cause the game is fullscreen.
Code
run C:/Windows/System32/cmd.exe /c start /unix /home/deck/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/compatdata/2875277058/pfx/drive_c/Windower/addons/xivcrossbar/FFXI_Input.sh

Are there any extra python libs or other tools I need to install to get this working? And if so, inside the proton prefix or outside it?

Were you able to get your buttons/triggers recognized? I've been trying to get this setup on my steam deck and am running into the same problem
I would open a terminal and manually start FFXI_Input.sh while FFXI is on the character select screen (in Desktop mode) to see if it's throwing an error/what the error is.
By EdgeSetter 2022-08-16 13:17:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Gave me an error of "line 14: ./FFXI_Input.py: Permission denied"
By Aliekber 2022-08-16 13:45:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Can you try this command and then run it again? (might need to run as sudo)
Code
chmod a+x FFXI_Input.py

Edit: does the +1 mean it fixed your problem?
[+]
By EdgeSetter 2022-08-16 14:55:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Can you try this command and then run it again? (might need to run as sudo)
Code
chmod a+x FFXI_Input.py

That fixed it in desktop mode for the most part. Binds were working right away except right trigger would alt tab me out of the game. Left trigger worked fine for the crossbar though.

Tried swapping to gamemode and launch it from there but the buttons/triggers still wouldn't work that way. Same for desktop mode when I didn't run the FFXI_Input.sh manually
By Aliekber 2022-08-16 15:15:32
Link | Quote | Reply

You might need to run the same command for FFXI_Input.sh as well, then.
By EdgeSetter 2022-08-16 15:48:24
Link | Quote | Reply

You might need to run the same command for FFXI_Input.sh as well, then.

No luck with this. Still has the same issues
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11