Forum » FFXI » Servers » Asura » Asura Merc Services
Asura Merc Services
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
By Mrgrim 2020-09-09 19:12:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nickeny said: »
Ragnarok.Jmr said: »
Also I kind of hate ppl taking advantage of newbies/returnees

I didn't Know it was cherry picking season!

Also damn! I go to work and just expect a reply or 2 and see that the whole thread blew up, thanks for the bumps, boyos!
Shiva.Thorny said: »
nirv and am3 add a lot of damage, no doubt, but you certainly don't need them.. i was taking 6 smn with worse gear than that for 14 total bodies in the early days of smn burn aeonics

Yeah man, its rather disappointing that people got the "you must have nirvana summoner" to clear content when in reality you can get away with it with Gridarvor. Some of these helms its all matter of luck anyways, since some can amnesia your avatar (schah, vinipata, albumen)
Odin.Senaki said: »
What's the most interesting about the whole ordeal is how quickly the market adjusted to a new competitive rate on Asura.

It surprised me also, was not expecting these dudes to retaliate this fast since we only cleared a couple of times. I mean I got a spreadsheet now, to keep track of people that want omen stuff from me since I sell for 1/3 to 50% off what local mercs charge.
[+]
By Katyl 2020-09-09 23:02:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Mrgrim said: »
Some of these helms its all matter of luck anyways, since some can amnesia your avatar (schah, vinipata, albumen)

One thing I notice people don't take advantage of enough is Odyllic Subterfuge on those HELMs. Turns the tables in your favor immensely on any of those three.
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-09-09 23:03:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Every one I've ever done always uses RUN specifically for that. Standard practice.

Big reason pld has been ***on for aeonics
[+]
 Pandemonium.Zeto
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Zeto 2020-09-09 23:09:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Even then there's still the chance you just get ailmented. Sometimes it just be that way.
By Mrgrim 2020-09-10 00:00:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Not interesting, they were fleecing scrubs and had no competition.

So the "real value" kicked in instantly when someone offered to not screw the buyers. it's 6+ year old content. And aeonics lost a lot of their advantage. Everyone wants to go back to empyreans with WSD on R15.

(not to start that argument. no melee aeonic is still top slot but the price hasn't fallen)((chango still is?)) The "interesting" part is not that the price adjusted, but that it was allowed to stay stagnant and over priced for years. and the literal second MrGrim leaves/stops it will go BACK to 150m or more, because no one will step up to compete.

Should I create an academy where i teach the locals how to clear aeonics be4 i go back to shiva, so they can keep em in check?
[+]
By soralin 2020-09-10 00:03:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Should I create an academy where i teach the locals how to clear aeonics be4 i go back to shiva, so they can keep em in check?

If you were to upload youtube vids detailing lowman strats that arent just "nSmn burn everything", specifically focusing on the "This is what makes this fight special compared to others" part, I think that would go miles towards improving things.

Literally "Use these jobs, moderately well geared, and watch out for x/y/z, and make sure you do this", for the major fights... Thatd likely be enough to do a lot to keep mercs in check.

I think people would really appreciate that, if you really wanted to do it :)
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-09-10 00:06:59
Link | Quote | Reply

It wouldn't help. Real talk, if there was even the slightest motivation people wouldn't be willing to pay double what they're "worth"
You would need to convince a new crew to keep the price down, it's not that people don't "know how" It can be explained in 8 seconds. It's that they're lazy and don't care.
[+]
 Odin.Senaki
Server: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2020-09-10 00:17:43
Link | Quote | Reply

It wouldn't help. Real talk, if there was even the slightest motivation people wouldn't be willing to pay double what they're "worth"
You would need to convince a new crew to keep the price down, it's not that people don't "know how" It can be explained in 8 seconds. It's that they're lazy and don't care.

Hey now, I want to see it.

And I actually do think it would help. Some people pay for Mercs because they see no alternative to get the wins. So such a YT video could be of value.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-09-10 00:20:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Some people learn by example some don't need to see it.

Stack the buffs, make the mobs HP zero. That's the beginning and end of the tutorial.
 Odin.Senaki
Server: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2020-09-10 00:22:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Stack the buffs, make the mobs HP zero. That's the beginning and end of the tutorial.

Ok. So this was done via Nin, elemental jutu spam, right?

(Point is, some people have no idea where to start.)
By soralin 2020-09-10 00:22:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey now, I want to see it.

And I actually do think it would help. Some of the people who pay for Mercs because they see no way to get the wins. So such a YT video could be of value.

Agreed, Id be willing to bet a very sizable population that pays for mercs are in the "I mean I would love to try attempting this content but I seriously dont even know where to start" crowd.

If you flip through most T2+ NM discussion pages on BGWiki, they are mostly empty, the few that arent like half of them its just spicy going "Easy solo on blu with x/y/z", and theres very very few that have actual normal strats for non nSmns.

A youtube series that even just consists of a bunch of short vids on various NMs would be pretty popular I expect.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Zeto
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Zeto 2020-09-10 13:42:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok. So this was done via Nin, elemental jutu spam, right?

(Point is, some people have no idea where to start.)
Most of the reisen helm can be 6man melee burned pretty easily with proper temp item usage. It's more which DD do you bring. With good enough hybrid gear, tank is largely optional but having Odyllic is nice for some NMs so DD RUN is usually a nice thing to bring.

Albu you make a square so only 1 person is getting guarded/countered at a time, have MNK pop and SP2 to negate the first HF then you spam WSs. Can also Batutta the first HF and bring any old DD. Moneta's Tonic to block amnesia.

Vini you sleep adds and then spam WSs. MNK again since he's weak to blunt.

Onychophora is super easy mode just dont heal him.

Zerde so many ways to do this. SC-MB, WF spam, SAM 4step spam. Stunning Just Deserts is the hard part tbh if you have that down, there's like a dozen ways to damage it.

Teles bring charm buffer, apply damage. Can bring THF for stealing Invin once.

Erinys you probably want a SMN here for Mew and a real tank for taking 0 damage but it's apply Shining One.

Schah have a run or pld no agro supertank Schah while burning down adds 1 by 1. Any DD in a hybrid set should be able to tank the adds. Use charm buffers at 50% on Schah. You can just no agro hold the Mantri if your tank is comfy with that.

YMMV just cause gear and you probably want DD BRD/COR for these. The extra damage helps and stuff like Albu are on soft timers.

Some nice things are entrusting Indi-Wilt on top of Fury/Frailty to really lower the damage output. Entrust Barrier on Schah. Hopefully your BRDs gotten 20k kills for super revits to give you more time on Albumen since 2nd set of adds can and will kill you if you don't reset NiTro. Don't forget to use a carol or two as needed.
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-09-10 14:01:44
Link | Quote | Reply

"You're gonna want to score points and keep the other team from scoring more than you." ~ John Madden

soralin said: »
A youtube series that even just consists of a bunch of short vids on various NMs would be pretty popular I expect.

So basically:

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-09-10 17:25:48
Link | Quote | Reply

You aren't going to stand for this are you!? You're being beaten.

Quote:
Yanhoo : selling Aeonic weapons/イオニックウェポン 3zones Full clear «Do you need it?» 60M «Buy?» «/tell»
By Mrgrim 2020-09-10 17:52:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Yanhoo : selling Aeonic weapons/イオニックウェポン 3zones Full clear «Do you need it?» 60M «Buy?» «/tell»

Iaintevenphased.jpg

gonna make a vid on how to clear vinipata and other helms, and post info on their mechanics n stuff on all HELMs. Maybe later I'll start the GrimAcademy and show ppl how stuff is done if there's any interest, and that way they can keep em in check after I leave back to shiva ;)
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-09-10 18:22:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Iaintevenphased.jpg

Here you go.

[+]
 Shiva.Siviard
Server: Shiva
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2020-09-10 18:28:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

Iaintevenphased.jpg

gonna make a vid on how to clear vinipata and other helms, and post info on their mechanics n stuff on all HELMs. Maybe later I'll start the GrimAcademy and show ppl how stuff is done if there's any interest, and that way they can keep em in check after I leave back to shiva ;)

If you really want to piss them off, give drops away for free, especially WoC drops.
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-09-10 20:34:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, that worked out. Would recommend when the 2x Coffer Unity Wanted campaign begins.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-09-10 20:40:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Grim do you merc unms? You should put that price.

(tumult and sov)
 Asura.Fondue
user: Caliber
By Asura.Fondue 2020-09-10 21:41:30
Link | Quote | Reply

hes shouting 15m/kill for tumult curator right now lol
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-09-10 21:54:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Shout page is ultra *** up and I don't afk in cities.

Also don't need it now curious maybe if I care enough at some point, if it's still going to be done, and price.

I have no account that has killed shedu thuban and sarama (but might care enough to do it, not for 15m though)
By Mrgrim 2020-09-10 21:57:02
Link | Quote | Reply

ok, Tumult clears 15m during campaign! Will kill sarama/shedu/thuban to get you there!
I can kill for free other unms since they utterly easy, but if i have time.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-09-10 21:58:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Not campaign yet is it?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-09-10 22:01:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Hours Until Start: 6
By Bongarippa 2020-09-10 22:33:14
Link | Quote | Reply

ok, Tumult clears 15m during campaign! Will kill sarama/shedu/thuban to get you there!

15M per kill or till someone gets something out of their boxes? TC is tough, but he isnt that hard, especially for someone to pay 15M and end up with some bs like a couple red rocks or some crap.
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-09-10 22:46:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Will kill sarama/shedu/thuban to get you there!

I had never even thought of killing Shedu or Thuban and this group pretty much decimated them quickly/safely and it's a quick 100 accolade unity warp to all camps involved so that part didn't take much time.

15m seems a wee bit high for the low chance of a good drop happening even with double Unity Wanted Coffer drops due to the RNGesus having to do you a solid roll. You could probably get 10m for days though while the Unity Wanted Coffer and augment hype is hot since going out for one kill likely won't do it for people and they are gonna have to buy multiples if they aren't lucky.

10m multiple times and getting the wanted drop you're after though does beat 0 gil several times in pick-up groups that may waste hours of your time (AKA why I never did anything more than Sarama prior to this). I never heard of any random pick-up groups dealing with Turdmold Custardbater on Asura.

Oh, and you could think of a price for the 3 before Turdmold Custardbater since I know people love their drops too. Especially that Great Sword.

Oh, and I recall this title/win unlocking a vorseal too so there is that bonus.

Anyhoo, my two cents. May the odds be ever in your favor.

By Mrgrim 2020-09-10 22:49:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Bongarippa said: »

15M per kill or till someone gets something out of their boxes? TC is tough, but he isnt that hard, especially for someone to pay 15M and end up with some bs like a couple red rocks or some crap.

I am guessing most of the kills I will be asked for will be just for the vorseals. Also, I know that feel on the randomness part of it, I had to kill like 15-20 tumults to get a buddy of mine a contemplator, so I am hoping I just get just clear requests and not farm request from ppl.
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-09-10 22:53:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I am guessing most of the kills I will be asked for will be just for the vorseals.

110% don't see how you could think this. The equipment just got set to be augmented with the update. Nobody was making a big deal about the vorseals two weeks ago. Never heard of anyone merc'ing for Vorseals. It's always about the JP or equipment and in this case... the equipment is the current hotness. It's even the Wanted Unity NM 2x coffer drop campaign = equipment matters; vorseals do not.

Edit: Vorseals do not matter to the majority that would buy clears.*** I'm sure it could happen, however. I only wanted the clears just to have them. The gear is tasty though.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Mrgrim 2020-09-10 23:01:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aeonova said: »

I never heard of any random pick-up groups dealing with Turdmold Custardbater on Asura.

I tried to join a tumult pickup when I had my alt on a roadtrip to Asura back in june as rdm, but they told me they didn't need silence on TC, u can guess how it ended for em P:
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7