Link | Quote | Reply

oh well, imo it's at least
Dynamis - Beaucedine [D]
Dynamis - Xarcabard [D
[+]
By RadialArcana 2020-08-03 07:55:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
People thought they'd never have stuff like this again, just shows you can't trust what they say I guess lol.

This is more to do with the XI playerbase refusing to give up on the game more than anything else, if the company had their way they would of done what they initially wanted and we would all be on XIV buying carbuncle slippers for $19.99. We basically forced them to keep upping more support for the game by sticking around in large numbers.

They stated in interviews that the company higher ups did projected player losses over the years and they have been surprised the projected losses have been wrong.

The higher ups still think we are all going to have some epiphany out of nowhere and all leave at once though, only the last year have they agreed to budget FFXI for another 3 years instead of year on year justification and proof of player retention figures as was the norm before.
[+]
 Shiva.Kasaioni
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Kasaioni
By Shiva.Kasaioni 2020-08-03 07:59:37
Link | Quote | Reply

In the art, what set is the galka wearing? Looking like everyone else is wearing reisen gear.
 Pandemonium.Zeto
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Zeto 2020-08-03 08:01:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flowen said: »
That dark aegis in the pic better have shield skill lol
It has shield skill but because its dark aegis it has MDT+ instead of MDT- :) :) :) :) :)
[+]
VIP
By Lili 2020-08-03 08:03:49
Link | Quote | Reply

RadialArcana said: »
The higher ups still think we are all going to have some epiphany out of nowhere and all leave at once though

That's never going to happen, we're the generation that our parents denied videogame time. Now we have money and no life, so we keep playing the games of our youth purely out of spite towards who didn't want us to.

(That and XI, with all its flaws, it's miles better than anything the industry of paid lootboxes has put out in the last decade.)
[+]
 Ragnarok.Kogenta
Server: Ragnarok
user: Kogenta
By Ragnarok.Kogenta 2020-08-03 08:05:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Kasaioni said: »
In the art, what set is the galka wearing? Looking like everyone else is wearing reisen gear.

Nocturnus Helm and armor
 Asura.Syto
Server: Asura
user: Sessho
By Asura.Syto 2020-08-03 08:07:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Notice how almost every story that SE starts with is about a child being chased by hungry predators..... SE's story-line creators are full of Pedophiles... lol

This should be interesting.. Let's hope it's the first reveal of the Abyssea Empy+3 Reforged content that we have all been waiting for.. and not just Reisenjima and select Armor upgrades..
VIP
By Lili 2020-08-03 08:07:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Syto said: »
This should be interesting.. Let's hope it's the face of the Empy+3-Reforged content that we have all been waiting for..

It's probably to be much smaller in scope than we're all hoping for.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-08-03 08:08:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Rooks said: »
Pantafernando said: »
Personally, i stopped believing them since they first said REM would not be upgraded, and that was at early adoulin.

Oh, they absolutely believed that at the time. They only reversed course because of open revolt from practically the entire playerbase.

Like, they've definitely told some whoppers in the past (customizable UI, anyone?!) but I think they actually believed that one when they said it.

Yes, they arent lying when they say something, but the devs are pretty naive when they say something as definitive.

Naive because its never them who determine what is and what will be in the future. The game is a business, and if the costumers demand something, dont matter much what they believe what would be the best development to the game, they gonna just shut up and do what their superiors ask them to do.
[+]
 Asura.Mims
user: Ginza
By Asura.Mims 2020-08-03 08:10:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Interesting.
"The Voracious Resurgence is not an expansion pack or premium downloadable content."
Is on the website, so this does not appear to be paid content.

Also, I think the towering city might simply be Jeuno when viewed from sea level
By Pantafernando 2020-08-03 08:11:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Though I think they missed the chronic set
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
Server: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2020-08-03 08:12:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
People thought they'd never have stuff like this again, just shows you can't trust what they say I guess lol.
No they talked about doing add on content Similar to old add ons a long *** time ago. This is basically add on storyline content and going by what they said they’d do. The only true thing they said was “most likely will never make a new expansion.” Hence, the website of this new storyline says that it’s not a expansion.
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
Server: Lakshmi
user: Rooks
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2020-08-03 08:18:21
Link | Quote | Reply

They stated in interviews that the company higher ups did projected player losses over the years and they have been surprised the projected losses have been wrong.

I would absolutely love to see the real numbers on currently paid subscriptions vs operating costs. I do a very quick/dirty bit of subscriber math at the bottom of the database page, but we all know there's a sizable amount of people who've kept their subscription even though they don't play (like myself!). Plus wardrobes, etc, etc

Even the worst case scenarios with the data we have suggest FFXI is still quite profitable on essentially no risk/investment, but I think seeing the actual numbers would be very, very enlightening.

So, yeah, we're getting this as a bone, but if the player base never drops to unsafe levels no matter what you do, why invest major resources into it?
By Jetackuu 2020-08-03 08:19:51
Link | Quote | Reply

, why invest major resources into it?
pridw
VIP
By Lili 2020-08-03 08:22:48
Link | Quote | Reply

if the player base never drops to unsafe levels no matter what you do, why invest major resources into it?

Remember that Japanese corporations, while also profit driven, do have a very different culture than North American ones. They're much more proud of their products, and seem to value they customers more than just as money dispensers.
[+]
 Asura.Lunafreya
user: Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2020-08-03 08:29:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks like it'll be in 5 parts which brings us to the end of the year, assuming each month going forward gets a story update.

Or, if it's significantly more spaced out maybe they will give this story to us a little bit at a time leading up to the 20 year anni.

(Extremely Cautiously) Optimistic that this may be leading to something bigger.

Edit: Also wanted to say I am getting major crystal tower-ish vibes from that mountain/city in the background.
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2020-08-03 08:30:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I would absolutely love to see the real numbers on currently paid subscriptions vs operating costs. I do a very quick/dirty bit of subscriber math at the bottom of the database page, but we all know there's a sizable amount of people who've kept their subscription even though they don't play (like myself!). Plus wardrobes, etc, etc

Even the worst case scenarios with the data we have suggest FFXI is still quite profitable on essentially no risk/investment, but I think seeing the actual numbers would be very, very enlightening.

So, yeah, we're getting this as a bone, but if the player base never drops to unsafe levels no matter what you do, why invest major resources into it?

The Russians that’s why!
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2020-08-03 08:32:20
Link | Quote | Reply

:goes to new website:
:enters new website under the picture:
The Voracious Resurgence is not an expansion pack or premium downloadable content.
By Jetackuu 2020-08-03 08:44:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Lili said: »
if the player base never drops to unsafe levels no matter what you do, why invest major resources into it?

Remember that Japanese corporations, while also profit driven, do have a very different culture than North American ones. They're much more proud of their products, and seem to value they customers more than just as money dispensers.
You know, there was a time where the culture here was mote aligned to that than it is now. As we're closer to the robber barons than that, maybe it'll be cyclical and we can get back to having pride in our work and people. SE does have a certain desire to keep the #d titles alive.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Pantafernando 2020-08-03 08:56:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Drakenv said: »
The Voracious Resurgence is not an expansion pack or premium downloadable content.

I think they meant its not something you need to individually buy to have access, just need to get the ultimate seekers.

The presentation though (an unique web page for this) is something like we had with SoA
[+]
 Sylph.Brahmsz
Server: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2020-08-03 08:57:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Lunafreya said: »
Looks like it'll be in 5 parts which brings us to the end of the year, assuming each month going forward gets a story update.

Or, if it's significantly more spaced out maybe they will give this story to us a little bit at a time leading up to the 20 year anni.

Edit: Also wanted to say I am getting major crystal tower-ish vibes from that mountain/city in the background.

Highlighted for relevance. I thought I was the only one that thought the blue mountain in the background looked like Crystal Tower from XIV. As troll-ish as that dungeon was, it was my favorite raid in XIV before I stopped playing.

Oo oo! Warrior of Light armor go!
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2020-08-03 09:11:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Odin.Drakenv said: »

I think they meant its not something you need to individually buy to have access, just need to get the ultimate seekers.

The presentation though (an unique web page for this) is something like we had with SoA
Am I the only one that when I see “SoA” I assume you mean Sons Of Anarchy? That would a interesting add on... ffxi with motorcycle gangs.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-08-03 09:17:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Brahmsz said: »
Asura.Lunafreya said: »

Highlighted for relevance. I thought I was the only one that thought the blue mountain in the background looked like Crystal Tower from XIV. As troll-ish as that dungeon was, it was my favorite raid in XIV before I stopped playing.

Oo oo! Warrior of Light armor go!

I was more imoressed on how Ruamoko found al zahbi and tavnazia in that picture.

I mean, its just like some rocks in the background.

(Well, looking better i can see a part of tavnazia there)
 Asura.Kendlar
user: dropy
By Asura.Kendlar 2020-08-03 09:24:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Would be cool if we got any of these things added:

[+]
 Asura.Kendlar
user: dropy
By Asura.Kendlar 2020-08-03 09:27:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Kogenta said: »

Nocturnus Helm and armor
https://ffxiclopedia.fandom.com/wiki/Nocturnus_Mail_Set
Sure looks like it

Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-08-03 09:37:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Prospective story spoilers (Ideas):
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2020-08-03 09:37:27
Link | Quote | Reply

... to think I almost skipped this thread because the topic didn't sound ffxi related.
 Ragnarok.Kogenta
Server: Ragnarok
user: Kogenta
By Ragnarok.Kogenta 2020-08-03 09:38:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kendlar said: »

What are these? Please provide context!
 Sylph.Brahmsz
Server: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2020-08-03 09:48:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Kogenta said: »
Asura.Kendlar said: »

What are these? Please provide context!
These were all concept art the Dev Team revealed a few years back of Hades as the next endgame zone (following in line with Sky & Sea) from the scrapped ToAU story line that we were originally supposed to get.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 17 18 19