Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2020-07-10 14:16:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Taint said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk said: »
I feel like its easier to sustain oneself w/out support on pld than run, because of, you know, curing.

Turms mitts would like to have a word with you. Phalanx, regen and mitts are an incredible combo. Add in Battula for extra parry/healing.
ha ha. just call someone an idiot if you don't agree w/ them...

Did I say Run isn't a fantastic tank? Did I say it does not have lots of great damage mitigation tools?

No no, you are completely ignoring the statement and throwing a straw man at me by implication. Or are you really saying that Phalanx, regen 4, turms mittens and battuta are all the curing a rune fencer needs to compete with Paladin's Majesty Cure 4 spam? (pld has phalanx also).

I know how to play Rune Fencer. I've tanked most major content in the game on my Rune Fencer and it is well geared. I don't claim to be a Rune expert, but I dont' have to be to see the writing on the wall.
Paladin has tons of curing power. Rune fencer has very limited curing power. I say this translates into better SOLO sustainability. That means no healer or support. How long can they keep going without support? I'm pretty sure Paladin wins in this area.

It would take some tests to really show it. I don't think its a very bold claim either.

There are plenty of good reasons why Rune Fencer is the preferred tank. However, saying that Paladin has nothing on Rune fencer is just lazy and ignorant.
By Pantafernando 2020-07-10 14:49:31
Link | Quote | Reply

How can a discussion about BLU swords suddenly becomes RUN x PLD?
[+]
 Cerberus.Kaht
Server: Cerberus
user: kaht
By Cerberus.Kaht 2020-07-10 15:01:55
Link | Quote | Reply

itt: pointing out a differing opinion = calling someone an idiot
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2020-07-10 15:18:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you have an example of this "no support" situation? I'm trying to come up with a situation where you have no trusts, no mages, no support but are absolutely best served on PLD vs RUN or even DD/dnc?
[+]
By Taint 2020-07-10 15:19:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I feel like its easier to sustain oneself w/out support on pld than run, because of, you know, curing.

Turms mitts would like to have a word with you. Phalanx, regen and mitts are an incredible combo. Add in Battula for extra parry/healing.
ha ha. just call someone an idiot if you don't agree w/ them...

Did I say Run isn't a fantastic tank? Did I say it does not have lots of great damage mitigation tools?

No no, you are completely ignoring the statement and throwing a straw man at me by implication. Or are you really saying that Phalanx, regen 4, turms mittens and battuta are all the curing a rune fencer needs to compete with Paladin's Majesty Cure 4 spam? (pld has phalanx also).

I know how to play Rune Fencer. I've tanked most major content in the game on my Rune Fencer and it is well geared. I don't claim to be a Rune expert, but I dont' have to be to see the writing on the wall.
Paladin has tons of curing power. Rune fencer has very limited curing power. I say this translates into better SOLO sustainability. That means no healer or support. How long can they keep going without support? I'm pretty sure Paladin wins in this area.

It would take some tests to really show it. I don't think its a very bold claim either.

There are plenty of good reasons why Rune Fencer is the preferred tank. However, saying that Paladin has nothing on Rune fencer is just lazy and ignorant.

Jesus...I can’t remember anyone getting triggered that easily...

Go take a walk around the block or something.
By Taint 2020-07-10 15:21:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »

Lunafreya ended the BLU sword discussion.
[+]
 Fenrir.Jinxs
Server: Fenrir
user: Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2020-07-10 16:40:34
Link | Quote | Reply

So what is the best off hand for Tizona now? and when using mainly savage or Expiacion?

Is it currently Thib?
 Leviathan.Isiolia
Server: Leviathan
user: Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2020-07-10 16:59:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Jinxs said: »
Is it currently Thib?

If your accuracy supports it, yes.
[+]
 Asura.Lunafreya
Server: Asura
user: Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2020-07-10 17:04:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »

Lunafreya ended the BLU sword discussion.

To be fair Taint you hit the haymaker, I just cleaned up.