Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Ambuscade » Qiqirn Ambuscade V1
Qiqirn Ambuscade V1
By Ermah 2020-07-08 20:24:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I swapped to War sub and I used Sheep Rage before swapping to slug. That rose my DPS to 1500 + 375 SC DPS. ^_^
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-07-08 20:26:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Ermah said: »
@CPU Yes I can make a party, but that does not solve anything, it just gets me currency, which I can do anyway.

Oh but it does solve a lot. If you feel like your preferred method of doing this months' ambuscade isn't getting the love it should, then build parties and showcase it by playing the role of BST with all the tools available to you.

If successful, the people who joined your party will leave having seen something new. Those people then end up talking about it in their own LS's, and maybe try that setup on their own some time. Word spreads- some will do it well, some won't, but more will try it.

There's no difference between you coming in with quality information on a BST strat and it getting accepted or some other person posting a video or strat using BST.

Also, I'd suggest talking to others about how this month is IDEAL for mixed strategies because you're not confined to one set of buffs for either the pet jobs or the more traditional DDs, leaving someone out.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-07-08 20:29:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I swapped to War sub and I used Sheep Rage before swapping to slug. That rose my DPS to 1500 + 375 SC DPS. ^_^

You can start bestial loyalty with sheep, do unleash > Rage for capped timer
Then call beast slug right into purulent ooze > corrosive ooze attack def down, then just use corrosive ooze from there on out. Should skyrocket your DPS for that fight
By Ermah 2020-07-08 20:32:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »

Then call beast slug right into purulent ooze > corrosive ooze attack def down, then just use corrosive ooze from there on out. Should skyrocket your DPS for that fight

That is what I did, minus Unleash. With Aymur alone, rage last 6 minutes, and the fight is only 5.5 minutes long on VD. I learned today that Sheep Rage stacks with Warrior Berzerk. I will test it next run to see how much that increases DPS as I did not find that out until last add.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-07-08 21:16:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh Aymur, fancy huh

Yes berserk and rage stacks because berserk is not the generic "attack bonus" buff shared by other sources like nature's mediation and soldier's/barbarian's drink. However, berserk and rage stacked is incredibly dangerous since the defense down effects is subtracted twice. You're probably fine for Qiqirns since they can't wipe shadows and all of their moves can be ate by them, plus Snarl, so I would suggest subbing ninja instead of double dipping on attack buffs. But just something to keep in mind; you probably don't need both of those attack buffs if you simply add a dancer and red mage. Rage+Ooze should be enough. And one hit will probably kill you with the defense you will have
[+]
 Asura.Sirris
Server: Asura
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2020-07-08 23:08:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I just wish more people would accept BST, they are very good for this Ambuscade. They are good replacement to Geomancer. -33% Attack and Defense, while also applying heavy damage themselves.

I think maybe one of the popular youtube people need to emphasize that BST is good for people to accept them, but they will not so therefore people will not accept BST.

I used BST tonight on VD. It works very well, Corrosive Ooze provides a noticeable difference in damage! The only issue I had was with the grouping of mobs eventually, so 3 mobs I got defense down on (MB, 1st add, last add) but others were too tightly grouped so I couldn't get them.

My melee damage was pretty decent. Outparsed a BLU and DNC, but behind 2 BLUs... being able to dump hate onto pet every 30 seconds is a pretty huge advantage.

No reason not to bring beastmaster, it's quite workable this month.

Ohh that's a good idea.
 Asura.Aburaage
By Asura.Aburaage 2020-07-09 00:00:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Did BLU WAR SAM DNC RDM WHM, killed everything before my mighty guard wears off
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2020-07-09 12:24:17
Link | Quote | Reply

13mins..... lmaoooooooooooo
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-07-09 12:31:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Dejavu?
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By emmawyatt 2020-07-09 15:29:45
Link | Quote | Reply

And yet, i did a 7:30 run yesterday. MNK SAM DRG DNC WHM RDM we destroyed it.
 Phoenix.Logical
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Logical 2020-07-09 16:27:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Here is a video I made going over this months Ambuscade. Solo examples of Easy and Normal are shown but party battle strategies also discussed. Hope some find it helpful who aren't already familiar with this one.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By Ermah 2020-07-09 17:22:12
Link | Quote | Reply

emmawyatt said: »
And yet, i did a 7:30 run yesterday. MNK SAM DRG DNC WHM RDM we destroyed it.
Should have brought a BST. ^_^ We did it in 5.5 minutes.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-07-09 18:01:56
Link | Quote | Reply

BST Flex, watch where you aiming those guns big guy
[+]
By Ruaumoko 2020-07-09 18:55:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Seconding the BST suggestion.

Corrosive Ooze is very noticeable on everything it hits and Purulent Ooze shaves a fair bit of time off the Pilferer. If you also have a DRG in the group, which is likely, fall back on Angon if the BST does not have enough charges.

The BST themselves needs to have solid TP and WS sets to contribute damage or you might as well have another job in the slot. Also, start with the Sheep and use Rage to get the Berserk effect before swapping to the Slug, even with a 1000% TP charge the duration should last the fight.
By Mrgrim 2020-07-09 19:20:21
Link | Quote | Reply

^ good stuff there, almost makes me wanna undust my bst.

Also have asuran mercs groups figured how to merc this yet? XD
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-07-09 19:32:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Easy Merc month. Can carry two. Maybe 3 if you have a good Monk
By Pantafernando 2020-07-09 19:40:01
Link | Quote | Reply

give me the recipe for easy cash so.

i do like those low man strats. a lot of work but very profitable.
By Mrgrim 2020-07-09 19:44:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Maximum Ingenuity man lol
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-07-09 19:52:23
Link | Quote | Reply

It should be fairly obvious which jobs provide the necessary utility and minimal healing support to clear this with a low man setup, while feeding as little TP as possible for maximum deeps without the issue of Faze spam. Not gonna spell it all out for you (I just did in every single post of this thread)

Just...

Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-07-09 19:55:06
Link | Quote | Reply

By the way, nobody has mentioned PUP yet. I wonder, if you have rolls on the master but are far away from the robot, does it still trigger the aura steal move? I can see some overdrive setups with rolls happen if this is the case. Robots are immune to terror
[+]
By Ermah 2020-07-09 21:14:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Mrgrim said: »
^ good stuff there, almost makes me wanna undust my bst.

Also have asuran mercs groups figured how to merc this yet? XD

But he just repeated what I wrote earlier. -.-
[+]
By Spookyfish89 2020-07-10 17:13:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Definitely not immune to terror. Unless you mean specifically terror from faze?
By Draylo 2020-07-10 19:55:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Then RDM solos this once again on VD in 10m! Nothing to see here
By Mrgrim 2020-07-10 20:10:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
Then RDM solos this once again on VD in 10m! Nothing to see here

Hold on lemme enjoy my RDM some more be4 it gets hit with the nerf button! >:(
 Asura.Slugster
user: Beau
By Asura.Slugster 2020-07-11 01:26:46
Link | Quote | Reply

You can also find Qiqirns near the Survival Guide warp in Aydeewa Subterrane.
By eeternal 2020-07-11 16:00:15
Link | Quote | Reply

is this doable without rdm? maybe only distract from geo

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-07-11 16:59:33
Link | Quote | Reply

If you can manage to coordinate a multi-step, the Qiqirn Scoundrels die to a 3-4 step SC if you have a good closer rather than WS spam. They take absurd SC damage. Having to wait on others to perform the SC quickly can result in Faze and Perfect Dodge spam though, so gotta be on it immediately.