First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10
 Asura.Aeonova
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-07-09 22:21:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
The game is super old at this point and if someone was really dedicated to a job and played consistently, they would have whatever they want for it at this point. If Joe Schmo wants to pay more than me and coordinate a mule orchestra to get every RMEA and be more versatile, I doff my cap to him.

I don't know if I have ever seen a quote posted on this site that is so badly in need of another read by people and a mic drop reaction.

[+]
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2020-07-09 22:45:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Nyarlko said:
The key point that no one else is talking about is that they are talking about something entirely separated from the current inventory system. They can't just add more bags at this point. This is a technical limitation that can not be bypassed. (They went over all of this a few years ago on JPside of OF after Fujito like.. drunk Tweeted on the wrong Twitter account and JPs freaked out, so they had to actually explain what he was talking about "breaking the inventory system". I don't think there was a peep about this officially in English unfortunately.) My theory is that the inventory system was hardcoded to a 1024 limit, we have 12x 80 slot bags (960 items total per character) and adding another 80 slot bag would put us over that magic number.

I'm pretty sure Fujito is always drunk
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-07-09 23:46:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Shichishito said: »
it keeps amazing me how ppl pick one point of a opposing opinion, completely dismiss other points made in order to form a counterargument around it and then add a insult on top as if it provides more validity to their strawman.
I mean, welcome to 99.999999999999999999999999999999999999999% of internet arguments.

Hell I probably just did it to you now.

edit: you're stupid for not realizing this sooner, there now I did it right, it's a joke.
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-07-10 00:07:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Multiboxing is not nearly as P2W as people think. Not even close, if anything it distracts much of the progress that could be made solo w/ trusts or with your leeto shells, just to even get them access and at a somewhat perform able level, as it would take a single player w/ trusts.

Speaking as someone who has had to do the pain of 4x missions/access/warps/leveling/skilling/buying spells/unlocking everything and its mother/etc etc etc not even close to getting past sparks gear for most of main jobs/....

***is a lot of work, and I will tell you why I did it.

Because I got tired of friends/linkshells that BiSed themselves and quickly became too elite to hang with me. Straight up, so now, I can progress at my own slow *** pace, and let my RL take priority, and I don't need to watch 50+ items slide by to people who will quit a month later, because they are bored until next update and too OP /yawn.

Because now I can split off of my goals and help my LS mates with their goals, and not give too many *** about the scams and shell games that plagued the game even to this day.

*** it let's play, My digital G.I. Joes are ready to join the sandbox. I can share my toys, I will see you "tomorrow" for more fun. And play this game the way it was meant to be played.

Just cause I multibox does not mean I don't have room for friends, it just means I got more action figures to share into the scene. A scene I may say that benefits w/ more actors on the scene puppet or no.

If you want to know a multiboxer's perspective there it is.

BCD fo life.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-07-10 00:11:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess I will follow up those comments with this:

MultiBots =/= Multibox
[+]
By Felgarr 2020-07-10 00:54:54
Link | Quote | Reply

p2w is an accusation leveled at f2p games with the implication that you can play for free but you have to pay to win.

FFXI makes you pay to play, so of course it's pay to win. Not that it's actually possible to "win," but I'm pretty sure if someone has done it they weren't on a free trial account.

All things equal, the way to "win" figuratively speaking, in an MMO is to have more time or money than the person next to you (or with whomever you are competing with). That's it. That's the "secret".

Even folks with a single account could reap rewards with 1 account and 16 characters via Login points. (Over the past year or two, SE did nerf total Login Points acquisition in single month). Obviously, if this is the 'minimum' bar for p2w on a single account, anyone can do it and anyone can convert their $1/month mules into meager profits, then no one should be suprised that there are folks willing to take this practice to a larger scale for personal gain or profit.

Anyone who does not anticipate a way that the 'system' can be 'gamed', is already at a disadvantage, when playing FFXI, if they do view it as a competitive one. (At this point, I don't).

Sadly, there are people who don't know their own limits when it comes to this 'competitiveness'. There are folks who use exploits, third-party tools and the like, to a very disastrous end. However, some folks, even go so far as to pay other people to play the game for them, for things that cannot easily be automated.

I prefer to multibox for fun and to give myself a clear path towards a personal goal or challenge, usually for my main character. (Let's face it, FFXI doesn't do a great job of INCENTIVIZING us to gear our friends and there are people who don't leave their mog house without getting paid to do so, or being provided some other personal incentive, but I digress).
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-07-10 00:56:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Felgarr said: »
All things equal, the way to "win" figuratively speaking, in an MMO is to have more time or money than the person next to you (or with whomever you are competing with). That's it. That's the "secret".
truth.
[+]
By Draylo 2020-07-10 01:29:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone have problems with //find not picking up the poroggo fleece +1
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2020-07-10 05:57:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
Anyone have problems with //find not picking up the poroggo fleece +1

If it is in storage, slips.lua might not be updated for it yet.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2020-07-10 07:09:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Popped a goblin NM on floor 1 this time using a Brambrox Shawl. Its name was Triplix, and it was a ranger gob and spawned two copies with random hate (I think) around 50%. He also killed August, but again I think Ygnas is really to blame. I might have to start falling back to my girl Apururu.

I also think it is 6k/kill in Sheol B compared to 5k/kill in Sheol A.

I leveled up Moogle Mastery today to X while in Sheol B (leveled up when I opened a NQ chest), but when I got back out and checked the moogle, it says:
Sheol A: IX
Sheol B: I
Moogle Mastery: X

Thus, it seems that your moogle mastery is the sum of your accomplishments across zones.

Also, the NQ chest that I opened today had 3 HQ Lustreless Hide chests in it. Not sure if incredibly lucky or they buffed the dropr ate.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-07-10 08:49:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Did you earn something like 2JP when touching the exit?
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-07-10 10:08:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Nyarlko said: »
The key point that no one else is talking about is that they are talking about something entirely separated from the current inventory system. They can't just add more bags at this point. This is a technical limitation that can not be bypassed. (They went over all of this a few years ago on JPside of OF after Fujito like.. drunk Tweeted on the wrong Twitter account and JPs freaked out, so they had to actually explain what he was talking about "breaking the inventory system". I don't think there was a peep about this officially in English unfortunately.) My theory is that the inventory system was hardcoded to a 1024 limit, we have 12x 80 slot bags (960 items total per character) and adding another 80 slot bag would put us over that magic number.

Nothing is 'hardcoded to a 1024 limit', it makes absolutely no sense. It may be coded in a way that it requires changes the current staff cannot easily provide(note that they have no actual developers on XI staff any more, per their own interview). From what I recall, the original context was that the PS2 had very strict RAM limits and as a result they could not add any more bags.

After discontinuing consoles, they became concerned about load times post-zone, because their packet system is garbage and each item has to be initialized individually. This isn't a strict limitation like the RAM limits were, but a practical one. The reality is that a competent developer with the work-hours paid has quite a few options for making inventory more manageable, but they don't want to pay one.
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
Server: Sylph
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2020-07-10 10:46:07
Link | Quote | Reply

So I think they goofed and forgot to add the Jeuno Sheet Music KI for this return to delkfutts tower event. I checked again in the DATs and there is no jeuno sheet music. I did the BCNM and obtained the "Stellar Fulcrum phantom gem" even though I already had one.

By FaeQueenCory 2020-07-10 10:49:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Funkworkz said: »
I did the BCNM and obtained the "Stellar Fulcrum phantom gem" even though I already had one.
The hells. Emergency Maint incoming, I guess... and I was looking forward to what this sheet music was gonna be.
Did you check your KI list? (as in did you get the BCNM entry item again, or did you get a "Stellar Fulcrum Phantom Gem" in your permanent KI list?)
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2020-07-10 11:09:47
Link | Quote | Reply

FaeQueenCory said: »
Sylph.Funkworkz said: »
I did the BCNM and obtained the "Stellar Fulcrum phantom gem" even though I already had one.
The hells. Emergency Maint incoming, I guess... and I was looking forward to what this sheet music was gonna be.
Did you check your KI list? (as in did you get the BCNM entry item again, or did you get a "Stellar Fulcrum Phantom Gem" in your permanent KI list?)

Checked both, no new items. I do not know if I got the KI again, because I already had it. Going to try the BCNM again.

Edit: Did the BCNM again. No KI this time, only got the Shield.
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-07-10 12:14:05
Link | Quote | Reply

How could you have already had it if it's consumed when you enter the BC?
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2020-07-10 12:48:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Did you earn something like 2JP when touching the exit?

I have been randomly having the JP animation go off when I click the exit in either event, but thought it was just a weird lag thing. Maybe it does also give you CP per kill.
 Bahamut.Jedigamer
Server: Bahamut
user: Jedigamer
By Bahamut.Jedigamer 2020-07-10 13:04:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Popped a goblin NM on floor 1 this time using a Brambrox Shawl. Its name was Triplix, and it was a ranger gob and spawned two copies with random hate (I think) around 50%. He also killed August, but again I think Ygnas is really to blame. I might have to start falling back to my girl Apururu.

I also think it is 6k/kill in Sheol B compared to 5k/kill in Sheol A.

I leveled up Moogle Mastery today to X while in Sheol B (leveled up when I opened a NQ chest), but when I got back out and checked the moogle, it says:
Sheol A: IX
Sheol B: I
Moogle Mastery: X

Thus, it seems that your moogle mastery is the sum of your accomplishments across zones.

Also, the NQ chest that I opened today had 3 HQ Lustreless Hide chests in it. Not sure if incredibly lucky or they buffed the dropr ate.

I actually saw this too. I opened two chests and got a total of 5 boxes. I killed about 25 mobs on floor 1 and got the large box for the roe. All in total, I got 154 hides in one run.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-07-10 13:32:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Someone posted the same thing on the OF

Giving an entry KI instead of a music KI

Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2020-07-10 13:34:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Thorny said: »
How could you have already had it if it's consumed when you enter the BC?

No idea. I should have tried re-entering, but instead I went back to the NPC and got another KI as he offered it to me even when I got the dummy one from the BC.

Sylph.Snk
user: SNK
By Sylph.Snk 2020-07-10 14:14:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Someone posted the same thing on the OF

Giving a entry KI instead of a music KI

Is this supposed to be a Music Box Key Item?
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-07-10 14:15:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, you don't traditionally get bc ki's from winning other bc's

Should be a Sheet of Jueno Tunes
By Pantafernando 2020-07-10 14:51:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe is just a typo?
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2020-07-10 15:15:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Doubt it, Funk said theres no jeuno tunes KI at all.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2020-07-10 15:29:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Yes, you don't traditionally get bc ki's from winning other bc's

Should be a Sheet of Jueno Tunes
That's actually the KI for that BCNM, so you could just do it over and over again endlessly if it gives it to you every time, haha.
 Bahamut.Eorphere
Server: Bahamut
user: eorphere
By Bahamut.Eorphere 2020-07-10 16:37:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »
That's actually the KI for that BCNM, so you could just do it over and over again endlessly if it gives it to you every time, haha.

I did "receive" the KI from the BC, I didn't try to enter again right away, instead I warped back, and the NPC had the KI available and I paid the merits for it, so I am not sure it actually gives it to us. I could be wrong, as I said, I didn't try to enter again after getting the message.

That said, I did notice that I have 2 options for Jeuno music at the end of the music list in my mog house. Not sure these are related, I could have gotten them from another source. But maybe someone can shed some light on it.
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-07-10 19:18:35
Link | Quote | Reply

This seems more like a "something we will patch by/in the next month's update" and not an emergency unless it's exploitable. From these posts it seems like it is a dummy'd out KI, but then again I'm unsubbed until the goldfish scooping summer event starts back up so have no first-hand experience.

Useful post is useful!

Edit: This is me making fun of my own post here for not really saying anything important and not a dig at the quoted post. I hadn't looked at how it could be seen when I typed out the "Useful post is useful". I'm very into self-deprecating humor so that's what that was about.
By FaeQueenCory 2020-07-10 19:26:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aeonova said: »
This seems more like a "something we will patch by/in the next month's update" and not an emergency unless it's exploitable. From these posts it seems like it is a dummy'd out KI, but then again I'm unsubbed until the goldfish scooping summer event starts back up so have no first-hand experience.

Useful post is useful!
Can't really have an event that started today and ends the 24th wait until the next update.
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-07-10 20:24:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Can't really have an event that started today and ends the 24th wait until the next update.

SquareEnix: "Hold my beer".
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10