Election 2020 The Horse Race (Not Misspelled)

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Election 2020 the horse race (Not misspelled)
Election 2020 the horse race (Not misspelled)
First Page 2 3 ... 14 15 16 ... 33 34 35
By Prong 2020-08-08 23:23:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Dems want to give 1.1 Trillion to states.

Reps want to give 1.1 Trillion TOTAL.

Ah ok, yeah, that chart needs a legend. Geez, that's nuts.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-08-08 23:26:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Found it! The full break down.

https://twitter.com/i/events/1289289541350645760

Other:
By Prong 2020-08-08 23:27:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Other:

Ugh I need cheaters, can't read a single word.
By Prong 2020-08-08 23:32:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok got some, what does "higher education funding" have to do with stimulus? Colleges and universities are already overpaid as is by crushing student loans and taxpayer dollars. High education institutions should be the last on the list for any more financial support. Richest of the rich and don't even produce or supply any goods.
By Prong 2020-08-08 23:38:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Other:

Yeah there's some crap on both sides that can be shaved, but that "higher education funding" is the big one, take that out altogether. Little too much concern for defense spending in a stimulus package meant for the general population as well, but the numbers aren't nearly as egregious. Would also like some more detail about what entails, "changes in retirement and pension plans."
[+]
By Prong 2020-08-08 23:39:46
Link | Quote | Reply

And *** the Post Office, it's 2020, Send an email, get direct deposit, use PayPal.
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-08-08 23:45:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Prong said: »
Viciouss said: »
This is "that ***"

Negotiate only the things relevant to covid. No military budget, no green new deal, no tax breaks, no slush funds.

UI. Eviction. PPP. More stimuli. Testing funds. That's it.

pass all the other ***in their own bills. This whole stuff everything possible into every bill as bargaining chips is full blown cancer.

Put, "The House should..." before the word, "Negotiate" and all will be forgiven, Grasshopper.

The House is negotiating, and they will continue to, as soon as the GOP comes back to the table they walked away from so they could accomplish nothing. just like with the Cares Act, we are waiting on the GOP.

"We." Ok calm down, you're not actually an elected official, I hope you know this. Like, you don't really play for the Cubs so I hope you don't say, "we" when talking shop on sports, too.

The House only negotiated length of time, they refused to remove the pork that is holding up the deal.

We as in all of America is waiting on the GOP to come back to the table they staged a walk out on. All of America needs help, Trump isn't doing anything. No one should be expecting an additional 800 dollars in their next unemployment check as a result of Trump's dead EO.
[+]
By Prong 2020-08-08 23:51:43
Link | Quote | Reply

This is "that ***"

Negotiate only the things relevant to covid. No military budget, no green new deal, no tax breaks, no slush funds.

pass all the other ***in their own bills. This whole stuff everything possible into every bill as bargaining chips is full blown cancer.

Put, "The House should..." before the word, "Negotiate" and all will be forgiven, Grasshopper.

The House is negotiating, and they will continue to, as soon as the GOP comes back to the table they walked away from so they could accomplish nothing. just like with the Cares Act, we are waiting on the GOP.

"We." Ok calm down, you're not actually an elected official, I hope you know this. Like, you don't really play for the Cubs so I hope you don't say, "we" when talking shop on sports, too.

The House only negotiated length of time, they refused to remove the pork that is holding up the deal.

We as in all of America is waiting on the GOP to come back to the table they staged a walk out on. All of America needs help, Trump isn't doing anything. No one should be expecting an additional 800 dollars in their next unemployment check as a result of Trump's dead EO.

You meant "we" as in the Dems, don't lie. You aren't wriggling out of that, fanboy!
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-08-08 23:55:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean really, it was just Mark Meadows that walked out, Pelosi and Schumer should just negotiate with Moscow Mitch until the WH decides it wants to come crawling back. No one is falling for his divisive tactics. The Senate GOP was already skeptical of his ability to swing a deal given his failed history as a Congressman. His kind of nonsense isn't going to work against actual leaders.
By Viciouss 2020-08-08 23:56:12
Link | Quote | Reply

This is "that ***"

You meant "we" as in the Dems, don't lie. You aren't wriggling out of that, fanboy!

I'm good, thanks.
By Prong 2020-08-09 00:01:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean really, it was just Mark Meadows that walked out, Pelosi and Schumer should just negotiate with Moscow Mitch until the WH decides it wants to come crawling back. No one is falling for his divisive tactics. The Senate GOP was already skeptical of his ability to swing a deal given his failed history as a Congressman. His kind of nonsense isn't going to work against actual leaders.

Hilarious how you put Pelosi and Schumer in the same context as, "actual leaders" but....
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2020-08-09 10:49:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Other:

Yeah there's some crap on both sides that can be shaved, but that "higher education funding" is the big one, take that out altogether. Little too much concern for defense spending in a stimulus package meant for the general population as well, but the numbers aren't nearly as egregious. Would also like some more detail about what entails, "changes in retirement and pension plans."

The Dem's is a huge handout to the Liberal Universities and unfunded Democrat pensions.
[+]
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2020-08-09 11:00:23
Link | Quote | Reply

What do you guys think the chances are Biden's idea is to try to win the presidency and either resign 2-3 years in or not run for reelection, thus making his VP president? I feel like the one-term idea would be a bad idea since his short list seems to be 2020 candidates who didn't get very far.

So IF Biden actually won it would look like Trump -> Biden -> election between Republican and Biden's VP. Considering the VP will likely be considered a "weak" candidate, following 4 years of a Democrat president, the Republican will probably win.

Though I'm cynical as ***and tend to believe we have a president from the opposite party every 8 years because we just get fed up with the current party.
By Viciouss 2020-08-09 11:07:53
Link | Quote | Reply

No chance Biden would resign. Not seeking reelection is possible tho. There is also no reason to think Bidens VP would be a weak candidate.
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2020-08-09 11:24:34
Link | Quote | Reply

No chance Biden would resign. Not seeking reelection is possible tho. There is also no reason to think Bidens VP would be a weak candidate.
I gave the reason, the likely two seem to be Kamala Harris (didn't make the cut this election) and Susan Rice (BEN MOTHERFUCKING GHAZI) Then there are others like Karen Bass (apparently pissed people off because opinions on Cuba) and Elizabeth Warren (Isn't a POC despite Biden never promising a woman of color, just a woman.)
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-08-09 11:34:32
Link | Quote | Reply

And given that the Dems are having such a hard time pulling the trigger on choosing a VP, that doesn’t bode well. If there was an obvious, strong choice for the position then it would be more apparent by now.
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-08-09 11:55:30
Link | Quote | Reply

They are following the same timeline that both Obama and Trump used. Pence wasn't selected until a couple of days before the convention, and Biden wasn't chosen until late August. They just did the final round of 1 on 1 interviews, no reason to think they are having a hard time.
[+]
By volkom 2020-08-09 12:03:50
Link | Quote | Reply

pelosi should run for pres with schiff as vp
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2020-08-09 12:18:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »
What do you guys think the chances are Biden's idea is to try to win the presidency and either resign 2-3 years in or not run for reelection, thus making his VP president? I feel like the one-term idea would be a bad idea since his short list seems to be 2020 candidates who didn't get very far.

So IF Biden actually won it would look like Trump -> Biden -> election between Republican and Biden's VP. Considering the VP will likely be considered a "weak" candidate, following 4 years of a Democrat president, the Republican will probably win.

Though I'm cynical as ***and tend to believe we have a president from the opposite party every 8 years because we just get fed up with the current party.

More like within 12 to 18 months he'll resign due to "medical complications". He's already displaying the symptoms of early dementia which is the reason the Democrats are keeping him as far away from the cameras as possible.

https://www.healthline.com/health/dementia/early-warning-signs.

As President he won't be able to do much without assistance, meaning his VP / Democrat appointed cabinet are going to be the real power running the country.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vice_President_of_the_United_States

The VP's job is basically anything the President asks them to do. They can do anything the President can, provided the President first delegates that authority to them. This is the reason everyone is watching out for who Peloski will pick as his VP.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2020-08-09 12:20:07
Link | Quote | Reply

volkom said: »

Well they are, just by proxy. Who do we think is pulling Biden's strings and telling him what to say?
[+]
By volkom 2020-08-09 12:28:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
volkom said: »

Well they are, just by proxy. Who do we think is pulling Biden's strings and telling him what to say?

the lizard people and the teleprompter
By Viciouss 2020-08-09 12:55:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh hey, more baseless conspiracy theories about Biden's health. Its a common theme. Lets not forget that Biden was everywhere before covid, and he participated in all 12 Democrat debates, the last one being in March of this year.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-08-09 12:56:32
Link | Quote | Reply

They are following the same timeline that both Obama and Trump used. Pence wasn't selected until a couple of days before the convention, and Biden wasn't chosen until late August. They just did the final round of 1 on 1 interviews, no reason to think they are having a hard time.

Except for the fact that they missed their own deadline of an announcement by the first of the month. Then again, it was Biden himself who stated that goal, so it's unclear that he knew for sure what month he was referring to.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-08-09 13:01:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh hey, more baseless conspiracy theories about Biden's health. Its a common theme. Lets not forget that Biden was everywhere before covid, and he participated in all 12 Democrat debates, the last one being in March of this year.

Ah, yes. The old Democrat election strategy of "pretend the problem that everyone knows about doesn't actually exist". It worked so well for Clinton that we have to bring it back for another go!
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-08-09 13:03:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I gave the reason, the likely two seem to be Kamala Harris (didn't make the cut this election) and Susan Rice (BEN MOTHERFUCKING GHAZI) Then there are others like Karen Bass (apparently pissed people off because opinions on Cuba) and Elizabeth Warren (Isn't a POC despite Biden never promising a woman of color, just a woman.)
I still think he should have picked Stacey Abrams, who is not in the running it seems.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-08-09 13:03:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
Who do we think is pulling Biden's strings and telling him what to say?
The real power of the liberals/democrats.

AOC and Bernie.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-08-09 13:04:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
I still think he should have picked Stacey Abrams, who is not in the running it seems.
She is too busy being governor of Georgia. Didn't you hear?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-08-09 13:05:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »

Except for the fact that they missed their own deadline of an announcement by the first of the month. Then again, it was Biden himself who stated that goal, so it's unclear that he knew for sure what month he was referring to.
November, obviously.
By Viciouss 2020-08-09 13:23:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »

Ah, yes. The old Democrat election strategy of "pretend the problem that everyone knows about doesn't actually exist". It worked so well for Clinton that we have to bring it back for another go!

/yawn. Hooking on to the baseless conspiracy theory doesn't help it. You know Trump checks off way more signs of early onset than Biden right? By a huge margin. That probably explains why this fake narrative is being pursued so heavily, its just cover for Trump's own health problems. Its not like Biden's gaffes are a sudden development.
First Page 2 3 ... 14 15 16 ... 33 34 35