Election 2020 The Horse Race (Not Misspelled)

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Election 2020 the horse race (Not misspelled)
Election 2020 the horse race (Not misspelled)
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 ... 33 34 35
By volkom 2020-08-07 09:20:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
The mail-in ballots of more than 84,000 New York City Democrats who sought to vote in the presidential primary were disqualified, according to new figures released by the Board of Elections.

The city BOE received 403,103 mail-in ballots for the June 23 Democratic presidential primary.

But the certified results released Wednesday revealed that only 318,995 mail-in ballots were counted.

That means 84,108 ballots were not counted or invalidated — 21 percent of the total.

One out of four mail-in ballots were disqualified for arriving late, lacking a postmark or failing to include a voter’s signature, or other defects. The Post reported Tuesday that roughly 30,000 mail-in ballots were invalidated in Brooklyn alone.

Tell me how the state of New York, Texas, Ohio, Pennsylvania, California, Georgia etc or even Florida is going to do this correctly and in a timely fashion? Its a "small" sample size but having 1/5th of the voters automatically disqualified because of a mistake either of their own or the postal service is not right.
The chance of error is so damn high ~ you'd have to be a fool to believe otherwise
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-08-07 09:20:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Viciouss said: »
...you do know your source has very inefficient and very incomplete information, right?

Quote:
Testing (8 states reported)
Quote:
Hospitalizations (20 states and NYC reported)*
Quote:
Mortality (43 states and NYC reported)*

I mean, it's not even informative.

I know you are grasping for straws, but damn man. Your argument for this is even weaker than your argument for Russia collusion....

None of those are relevant to my point, nice try tho. I figured you would try to move the goalposts, and you did. You asked for a source to show how the case count was spiking, I showed it. Notice how you couldn't even address that? You tried to cry about other points. Its WAY too early for kids that were just infected to be hospitalized/dying. Which is why I didn't even mention it.

So, as I said, cases in children are already spiking, and kids have been back in school for less than two weeks. Trump was lying when he claimed children are "virtually immune" to covid, and Facebook and Twitter were correct to censor all instances of that claim. No one is immune to covid.
Wow.

I can't believe you just admitted that you don't even support the sources you sourced.

Again, I never said that. This is the second time you have made up my position this morning. Don't worry, I know its all deflection from this:

Quote:
So, as I said, cases in children are already spiking, and kids have been back in school for less than two weeks. Trump was lying when he claimed children are "virtually immune" to covid, and Facebook and Twitter were correct to censor all instances of that claim. No one is immune to covid.

Remains accurate.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-08-07 09:22:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Remains accurate.
Until you post a source with facts or verifiable information, it doesn't.

Posting incomplete research, or incompetent information, just to make your argument look good, does not make your argument "accurate".
[+]
By volkom 2020-08-07 09:23:56
Link | Quote | Reply

$1.00 bet Hillary slides into the race to replace Biden
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-08-07 09:26:43
Link | Quote | Reply

volkom said: »
No bet.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-08-07 09:29:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Anyone still want to defend mail-in balloting?
We in WA have been doing all mail in for a while now.
A) Absentee voting is not the same.
Explain the difference please.

Quote:
B) This is the first general election where mail-in ballots are accepted for non-absentee purposes.
Hardly.
Quote:
Five states currently conduct all elections entirely by mail: Colorado, Hawaii, Oregon, Washington and Utah. At least 21 other states have laws that allow certain smaller elections, such as school board contests, to be conducted by mail.

Quote:
C) It is still open for fraud.
I have pointed out that most voting fraud happens with mail in ballots being misappropriated. I have also pointed out that the percentage is minuscule.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-08-07 09:30:04
Link | Quote | Reply

No bet.

nah, she won't enter another race as a candidate. But- she'll definitely appear, and so will Sanders, and all the little fractured pieces will come together like they always do in both parties in the end.

My curiousness rests with whether such "campaign cameos" will turn into cabinet positions/etc after a win.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-08-07 09:31:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Why are you focusing just on Florida? That new york district cant get their ***together. Do you think the other 49 states will be any better?
Five of them are guaranteed to be.
By volkom 2020-08-07 09:32:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Why are you focusing just on Florida? That new york district cant get their ***together. Do you think the other 49 states will be any better?
Five of them are guaranteed to be.
1/10th of the country. Nice standard
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-08-07 09:38:07
Link | Quote | Reply

And we are seeing cases spike among children already, there are reports everyday of a kid dying from it.
A) Source about the spikes in children.
B) It's being reported for 2 reasons:
1) It is so rare that any child death is a big issue.
2) It advances the liberal messaging paid for by the teachers unions, who are one of the largest donators to liberal causes.

The overall case and death rate among children is still much lower than any other demographic. We are talking about 1% of the total cases and deaths, period.
What is 1% or 160,000 Alex?

You are just fine with 1,600 kids dying TO DATE? Oh right... people have to die to re open the economy! Whats a few dead kids mater among all the necessary deaths?

It is what it is after all...
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-08-07 09:40:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Explain the difference please.
Absentee voting are limited to those who are expected to be outside of the area for business, military, or school reasons. It is different because you are required to, prior to you leaving, to fill out a form and swear under oath in front of a judge or elected official that you are a citizen of the county (and show proof of citizenship) and you will be outside of the general area during the election and unable to vote in person. The only exception to this is for military, and that is handled on the base in question.

Quote:
B) This is the first general election where mail-in ballots are accepted for non-absentee purposes.
Hardly.
Quote:
Five states currently conduct all elections entirely by mail: Colorado, Hawaii, Oregon, Washington and Utah. At least 21 other states have laws that allow certain smaller elections, such as school board contests, to be conducted by mail.
I stand corrected. At least for those 5 states. However, this will be the first general election accepted for most states for mail-in ballots and they do not have systems in place for such an event. Or even laws in place for it.

Quote:
C) It is still open for fraud.
I have pointed out that most voting fraud happens with mail in ballots being misappropriated. I have also pointed out that the percentage is minuscule.
I'm glad that you admitted that fraud does exist.

But, yes, it is minuscule. The level of fraud isn't my argument, it is that it exists and it is being open to explode in the next coming months.

We as a society have accepted that some fraud is acceptable, otherwise we would be demanding recounts for all districts each year.

I just don't like seeing that a certain party is not only open for increasing the possibility for fraud, they embrace it.

Edit: Rooks sucks.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-08-07 09:43:34
Link | Quote | Reply

And we are seeing cases spike among children already, there are reports everyday of a kid dying from it.
A) Source about the spikes in children.
B) It's being reported for 2 reasons:
1) It is so rare that any child death is a big issue.
2) It advances the liberal messaging paid for by the teachers unions, who are one of the largest donators to liberal causes.

The overall case and death rate among children is still much lower than any other demographic. We are talking about 1% of the total cases and deaths, period.
What is 1% or 160,000 Alex?

You are just fine with 1,600 kids dying TO DATE? Oh right... people have to die to re open the economy! Whats a few dead kids mater among all the necessary deaths?

It is what it is after all...
That's not my argument.

But if it is shown that those deaths would have still happened if a full, complete lockdown all over the country occurred, would you still be in favor for a full, complete lockdown?

I mean, I know I will be accused of putting words in your mouth, even though you put words in mine....
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2020-08-07 10:32:59
Link | Quote | Reply

The only ***I worry about if Biden gets in is if he starts pulling his anti-gun ***.

I want a WASR-10 and I'm gonna be mad at if he bans ***because some guns look spooky.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-08-07 10:34:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »
The only ***I worry about if Biden gets in is if he starts pulling his anti-gun ***.

I want a WASR-10 and I'm gonna be mad at if he bans ***because some guns look spooky.
Well, since that is part of the DNC platform, and it is proven that Biden doesn't have an individual thought in his mind since leaving Congress.....

He is a literal empty suit. He is only coherent when he is reading from a teleprompter.
[+]
By volkom 2020-08-07 10:34:42
Link | Quote | Reply

you just reminded me of this:

YouTube Video Placeholder
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2020-08-07 10:36:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Hopefully if he gets in, the GoP will maintain the Senate or something.

The again, Biden is winning the popular vote. We dunno till election day.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2020-08-07 10:39:58
Link | Quote | Reply

you just reminded me of this:

YouTube Video Placeholder
Bump stocks are just a crutch for fuccbois who don't know how to bump fire.

And yeah, "assault weapon" could be anything. AR-15, AK-47 clone, a knife, a greasy frying pan.

It's why we don't want them banned again. An AR-15 and most AK clones you will find aren't assault rifles.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-08-07 10:44:39
Link | Quote | Reply

a greasy frying pan.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2020-08-07 11:02:43
Link | Quote | Reply

a greasy frying pan.
Yes, she's capable of taking out Moscow.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-08-07 11:03:52
Link | Quote | Reply

a greasy frying pan.
By being a Karen?
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2020-08-07 11:24:15
Link | Quote | Reply

a greasy frying pan.
By being a Karen?

Beware the power of Karen, many an unwary worker has been waylaid by Karen.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2020-08-07 12:11:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Here is my "assault weapon".

Seriously, the entire "assault weapon / assault rifle" moniker comes from video games doing a very poor job of interpreting real life weaponry.

The entire Modern Warfare / Battlefield franchise with all it's clones is responsible for that word in modern parlance.
By volkom 2020-08-07 12:22:02
Link | Quote | Reply

meanwhile Japan is building a gundam

https://newatlas.com/robotics/yokohama-gundam-factory-18m-60ft-moving-robot/
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-08-07 12:23:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll take your Assault Weapon and raise you:
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-08-07 12:26:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2020-08-07 13:49:22
Link | Quote | Reply

HIGH CAPACITY ASSAULT REVOLVER
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-08-07 13:59:26
Link | Quote | Reply

This is Kojo's one topic. Whatever the thread is, this is all he talks about. But lets remember, Oklahoma.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-08-07 14:15:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Oof, the Babylon Bee is unusually harsh with this one:

Biden Tells Staffers To Pick Any Black Person For VP 'Since They All Think The Same Anyway'

Quote:
WILMINGTON, DE—According to sources within the Joe Biden campaign, staffers have been instructed to pick "any black person" for vice president, "since they all think the same anyway."

He made the comment while in a strategy meeting with aides in his basement.

"Just nab any old black person -- they're all pretty much interchangeable," Biden reportedly told his aides. "That Stacey chick, the Kamala cop lady, heck, get Denzel Washington for all I care. Any of them are fine. And poor VP candidates are almost as bright as white ones."

"I had a black friend once, you know. Barry. Really great guy. Very clean and articulate."

Aides were then able to distract him by giving him a paddleball to play with while they went upstairs to try to do some damage control from whatever the latest racist or sexist thing he said was.

At publishing time, aides said they felt sorry for Biden, since he was under the mistaken impression that he gets to pick the VP candidate himself.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-08-07 14:17:34
Link | Quote | Reply

And since y'all were talking mail-in votes, I'll drop this here for the picture alone....

Veteran Mailman Phil R.E. Quinton Volunteers To Collect All The Mail-In Votes

[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 ... 33 34 35