Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Asura » Whereisdi is gone
Whereisdi is gone
By Luminiferous 2020-06-27 11:41:31
Link | Quote | Reply

This is what Campaign messages were great for when you just wanted to participate back in the day. If a generic system message for all areas where /yell is available could say when it was happening that would be very helpful.
By Jetackuu 2020-06-27 11:43:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Yandaime said: »
Jetackuu said: »
^ this guy is on crack
Sir, you have nearly 41,000 posts on this website, the one on crack here is you xD

Oooh a post count burn, how scathing, anyone have some aloe?
[+]
 Valefor.Yandaime
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2020-06-27 11:51:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Yandaime said: »
^ this guy is on crack
Sir, you have nearly 41,000 posts on this website, the one on crack here is you xD

Oooh a post count burn, how scathing, anyone have some aloe?

<3
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-06-27 11:56:08
Link | Quote | Reply

All they have to do is add Domain Invasion to the "Region Info" tab with a little dragon icon on each of the 3 zones, which indicates where the current DI is and the countdown. It would be so easy to implement.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-06-27 11:59:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean, Just kick people who've been idle in unity chat for more than 20 minutes.
and/or
Make Yoran and Sylvie normal trust, then hard cap unity with no stupid pointless leader board. (it doesn't even matter now, accolade bonus is entirely squandered)

It's the easiest thing ever to fix.

(I still want to see everyone use a lua to yell a zone name every time it changes, the whole server, it would be glorious, and I promise they would fix that ***so fast)
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2020-06-27 12:12:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Instead of keeping it tied to unity chat, just make it a system message, with a config option and/or chat command to turn off DI-related system messages.
[+]
By cuddlyhamster 2020-06-27 15:02:44
Link | Quote | Reply

why the need to turn it off or on. just have a command that repeats the last domain invasion message from your unity leader in a system message text
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-06-27 15:09:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
All they have to do is add Domain Invasion to the "Region Info" tab with a little dragon icon on each of the 3 zones, which indicates where the current DI is and the countdown. It would be so easy to implement.

Except that when things that are critical in regards to time are involved... these menus fail. Can't count the times I used to go to Campaign battles that were active according to the map, but they had ended minutes before and yet the map hadn't updated.

Sadly, Unity is a ***system (mostly due to gear boosts and useful trusts being gated behind only a few unities leading to overcrowding), but there seems to be NO INTENTION OF THEM FIXING IT at this point. They are doubling-down on "this is working fine" with their new content being geared (literally "gear") towards Unity equipment so if they were going to change... *sigh* it should have been earlier.

I'm getting a very pankration/evolith-etching vibe from the Unity stuff, even as they tweak the unity gear, in that I feel like it is just going to be abandoned as far as solutions to the system of notifications and useful trust distribution goes.

The gear should just be maxed stats as if you were in the first place unity and all unity leader trusts should just be unlocked.
[+]
By Aquatiq 2020-06-27 15:14:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Unity chat will get fixed, just file it under the "fixed 6 years later" priority

(6 years from the domain invasion revamp)
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-06-27 15:16:43
Link | Quote | Reply

IDK about campaign but the besieged messages seemed to be accurate for the most part. But point taken, we all agree that some adjustment to communicating the domain dragon messages are clearly needed. The chat is meaningless by the way, people just use it to get the daily ROE. Which is now useless since they nerfed sparkolades. Just lol, scrap that garbage
By Shichishito 2020-06-27 15:21:19
Link | Quote | Reply

the besieged messages are BS, it lists lvl 8 advancing and you show up just to wait another 30 minutes till they attack. they suffer from the same delay as campaign so its quite possible to check a couple of minutes after the attack is finished and it still says they are attacking.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-06-27 15:22:20
Link | Quote | Reply

They removed the Home Point from AlZahbi so they can't warp there. Sorry dude
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [55 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-08-21 18:21:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Currently on Asura:

Asura.Whereisdi said: »
If I'm offline, 99% of the time it is because my game crashed. I'm working on improving uptime.
[+]
By sequdaz 2020-08-21 18:54:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure if it is mentioned but you don't have to zone to check unity chat, just deactivate>activate unity chat from the menu few times and it will work.
By RadialArcana 2020-08-21 19:01:20
Link | Quote | Reply

That only works if few know about it.
By Chimerawizard 2020-08-21 19:32:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Get rid of various unities.
make the unity bonuses all max & global, or tied to DI killstreak.
require each unity shirt to summon the UC trust.
make DI messages global so to turn it on/off you just go into config.

why does adding '???' to the rawr lua and removing all other dragons cause the addon to rawr at me every time a dragon spawns?
By RadialArcana 2020-08-25 05:42:05
Link | Quote | Reply

A better way to do this, would be to make a linkshell purely for it and have it retype unity notices to the ls chat.

In an ideal world people would put the ls on to see where DI is and then take it off again, in reality people would leave it on 24/7 and spam in ls chat I guess though.
 Asura.Splendid
user: BlindLis
By Asura.Splendid 2020-08-25 06:23:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I tend to think that higher Unity gear bonuses should go to lower ranked Unities. That way it would give players a choice, have a good trust like Yoran/Apu/Slyvie, or a crappier trust and better Unity gear bonuses. It would spread players out more under the current system. Of course, SE could just raise the cap of players able to use Unity chat. Or maybe they could improve some of the more inferior Unity Trusts to appeal more. I’m honestly surprised Cornelia, Star Sibyl, Lilisette, or Lilith all don’t have a Unity.

I think a trust that could put TH14 on would be popular too.
 Asura.Jdove
user: erasmuss
By Asura.Jdove 2020-08-27 19:30:01
Link | Quote | Reply

If only people wouldn't leave their 5 billion alt accounts perma logged into the same zone other people would be able to get into their unity chats. I think SE should just add a kick timer to unity, after you been in the chat for so long it expires and kicks you out to make room for other people so the slots aren't permanently taken by afk mules.
[+]
 Leviathan.Dreamx
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Dreamx 2020-08-27 19:52:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Wouldn't an easy fix for this to be to use a Windower4 or Ashita plugin designed similarly to FFXIDB? It would poll user's chat logs and find out from that and add it to your chat where the current DI is happening?
 Asura.Jdove
user: erasmuss
By Asura.Jdove 2020-08-27 22:54:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly SE should fix their game not us.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-08-27 22:57:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Jdove said: »
Yeah, but if that's the case, we would have neither Windower nor Gearswap/Spellcast.
 Asura.Slyshenx
user: Slyshen1
By Asura.Slyshenx 2020-08-28 01:33:22
Link | Quote | Reply

If only people wouldn't leave their 5 billion alt accounts perma logged into the same zone other people would be able to get into their unity chats. I think SE should just add a kick timer to unity, after you been in the chat for so long it expires and kicks you out to make room for other people so the slots aren't permanently taken by afk mules.

I was actually just thinking about something along these lines after it took me approximately 15 minutes of clicking my Unity on/off to complete my "Unity Communique" RoE.

If it were used as intended, and for actual communication I'd say add an inactivity timer so you're not kicking people trying to have a conversation but that's a joke.

Why would they take time/energy/money and put it towards the game when extremely generous FFXI players will do it for everyone else instead?

Would you go out of the way to do something you maybe 'should do' which would consume more of your time/energy/money when the ending result will still be the same? I completely agree with you...but seriously.
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-08-28 01:51:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Likely working as intended on the smaller population JP servers. Screw the largely NA populated servers.
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-08-28 20:51:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I want a linkpearl.

[+]
By RadialArcana 2020-09-04 06:34:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aeonova said: »
I want a linkpearl.

Lets hope people don't leave it on 24/7, and only put it on when they need to know locations.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [174 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-02-25 22:57:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Whereisdi said: »
If I'm offline, 99% of the time it is because my game crashed. I'm working on improving uptime.
[+]
 Asura.Whereisdi
user: Kosumi
By Asura.Whereisdi 2021-02-26 02:09:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm still around for now. I usually get a notification if my client is down for more then an hour but I guess that broke too.
[+]