On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (v3)

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » White Mage » On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (v3)
On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (v3)
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Asura.Pergatory
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Pergatory
Posts: 1156
By Asura.Pergatory 2020-09-28 19:03:39
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Asura.Botosi said: »
Probably perimede. Would try to cap FC/Haste then prioritize insta-cast gear, conserve mp, and DT/m.eva
Recast time is calculated in midcast. So quick cast is useless there, although I'm all for quick cast in the precast set.
 Asura.Botosi
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Botosi
Posts: 242
By Asura.Botosi 2020-09-28 21:56:26
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Asura.Pergatory said: »
Asura.Botosi said: »
Probably perimede. Would try to cap FC/Haste then prioritize insta-cast gear, conserve mp, and DT/m.eva
Recast time is calculated in midcast. So quick cast is useless there, although I'm all for quick cast in the precast set.

Ooof yeah Idk what I was thinkin here. I think I was merging pre-cast and mid-casts together in my head while typing that. Been a long day.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Offline
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
Posts: 873
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2020-10-01 22:54:06
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Could probably add blistering sallet +1 in hexa strike set.

ayanmo gambieras +2 probably could go in that set as well.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Offline
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
Posts: 873
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2020-10-02 11:38:34
Link | Quote | Reply
 
So I sat down this morning looking at what I think a whm hexastrike set would look like and this is what I came up with.

ItemSet 375805

I deliberately left out begrudging ring, just because I don't like DT+

The set in the OP node, doesn't include Blistering Sallet +1, but that's probably because it's so new, but there are a few other items in the OP set that didn't seem optimized.

I discovered today that Aurgelmir orb +1 isn't all jobs.. :(
Offline
Posts: 183
By eeternal 2020-10-02 13:25:57
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Asura.Pergatory said: »
Hmm I don't have that set yet, good question. I imagine it would look something like a fast cast set using path C Asclepius and a Haste cape from Ambuscade if needed.

Thank you Pergatory so much, never had su5 in mind, guess its time to rank it.. -25% recasting is quite significant
Online
Posts: 361
By Wotasu 2020-10-03 06:00:41
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
So I sat down this morning looking at what I think a whm hexastrike set would look like and this is what I came up with.

ItemSet 375805

I deliberately left out begrudging ring, just because I don't like DT+

The set in the OP node, doesn't include Blistering Sallet +1, but that's probably because it's so new, but there are a few other items in the OP set that didn't seem optimized.

I discovered today that Aurgelmir orb +1 isn't all jobs.. :(
While that set looks optimal for Hexa Strike, you also lose 120~ attack which depending on buffs might be bad. I was looking at those when I made those sets, but didn't add them cause of the attack loss.
 Phoenix.Gennss
Offline
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: gennss
Posts: 22
By Phoenix.Gennss 2020-10-03 21:17:53
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Wotasu said: »
Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
So I sat down this morning looking at what I think a whm hexastrike set would look like and this is what I came up with.

ItemSet 375805

I deliberately left out begrudging ring, just because I don't like DT+

The set in the OP node, doesn't include Blistering Sallet +1, but that's probably because it's so new, but there are a few other items in the OP set that didn't seem optimized.

I discovered today that Aurgelmir orb +1 isn't all jobs.. :(
While that set looks optimal for Hexa Strike, you also lose 120~ attack which depending on buffs might be bad. I was looking at those when I made those sets, but didn't add them cause of the attack loss.

Without parsing, I'd be inclined to agree. Being so attack starved, it'd be too significant of a hit imo.
 Asura.Pibbles
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
Posts: 6
By Asura.Pibbles 2020-10-06 03:00:41
Link | Quote | Reply
 
ItemSet 375879

Excluding the Mjollnir, I think this is best in slot for bursting holy/banish.

274 magic attack bonus
76 light elemental magic attack bonus
40 magic burst damage

Going to build it and see what happens

Only 92 macc (+255 skill) tho. Can reduce mab to 259 and increase macc to 152 with different augs on helios
Online
Posts: 361
By Wotasu 2020-10-06 04:02:15
Link | Quote | Reply
 
I think this
ItemSet 375881
Would be more optimal
 Asura.Pibbles
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
Posts: 6
By Asura.Pibbles 2020-10-06 14:28:49
Link | Quote | Reply
 
I agree with changing the neck to mizu, but replace legs with maybe gyve instead of kaykus? Also, why the regal over friomisi?

Maybe leaving the three helios there and adding the mizu while replacing static with regal for 2 mab+ earings and locus with mujin for an additional 5 mb2?
Online
Posts: 361
By Wotasu 2020-10-06 15:47:38
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Asura.Pibbles said: »
I agree with changing the neck to mizu, but replace legs with maybe gyve instead of kaykus? Also, why the regal over friomisi?

Maybe leaving the three helios there and adding the mizu while replacing static with regal for 2 mab+ earings and locus with mujin for an additional 5 mb2?
Legs with augments are +54MAB, Regal while 7 MAB also has +10mnd/int which is more than +10mab from Friomisi.
Yeah I was contemplating the Mujin as well but you lose around 30MAB from Kaykaus vs Helios, not sure which is most important.
 Asura.Mims
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Ginza
Posts: 190
By Asura.Mims 2020-10-06 16:04:44
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Phoenix.Gennss said: »
Wotasu said: »
Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
So I sat down this morning looking at what I think a whm hexastrike set would look like and this is what I came up with.
While that set looks optimal for Hexa Strike, you also lose 120~ attack which depending on buffs might be bad. I was looking at those when I made those sets, but didn't add them cause of the attack loss.

Without parsing, I'd be inclined to agree. Being so attack starved, it'd be too significant of a hit imo.
Regarding that Hexa Strike set, its important to remember that critical hits are, in their own way, a form of attack bonus. In most cases for Hexa Strike I'd personally use +Crit pieces over +attack pieces, and an augmented Blistering Sallet +1 is a really nice piece.

Overall thats a pretty reasonable set. Personally I like more accuracy and would swap out metamorph+1 and the ammo in favor of higher accuracy pieces, and probably use a TP bonus moonshade over the Regal Earring (this would change if the set bonus was relevant). Those aren't really major changes, and we likely have different accuracy targets.
[+]
 Sylph.Rofel
Offline
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Rofel
Posts: 8
By Sylph.Rofel 2020-10-06 20:08:16
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Hi all. What's the current consensus on Yagrush/Gambanteinn combo for cursna?

Testing from this thread seems conclusive or no?

Thanks
[+]
 Asura.Pibbles
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
Posts: 6
By Asura.Pibbles 2020-10-06 20:16:56
Link | Quote | Reply
 
gamb cursna+ works in offhand, and yagrush mainhand makes it entire party. it works.
[+]
 Asura.Warusha
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Serithus
Posts: 156
By Asura.Warusha 2020-10-06 20:43:02
Link | Quote | Reply
 
You're welcome to redo the test.
 Sylph.Rofel
Offline
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Rofel
Posts: 8
By Sylph.Rofel 2020-10-06 21:03:17
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Quote:
Asura.Warusha said: »
You're welcome to redo the test.

No, no no. Not casting any shade. Just a question. Thanks for all the hard work, seemed like it was tedious.

I got some flack for making my gambanteinn just looking for support. So thanks for validating. But you don't know what you don't know, so asking since it wasn't included in the OP v3 sets.

I'm personally really happy with it.
[+]
 Phoenix.Gennss
Offline
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: gennss
Posts: 22
By Phoenix.Gennss 2020-10-06 22:31:46
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Asura.Mims said: »
Phoenix.Gennss said: »
Wotasu said: »
Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
So I sat down this morning looking at what I think a whm hexastrike set would look like and this is what I came up with.
While that set looks optimal for Hexa Strike, you also lose 120~ attack which depending on buffs might be bad. I was looking at those when I made those sets, but didn't add them cause of the attack loss.

Without parsing, I'd be inclined to agree. Being so attack starved, it'd be too significant of a hit imo.
Regarding that Hexa Strike set, its important to remember that critical hits are, in their own way, a form of attack bonus. In most cases for Hexa Strike I'd personally use +Crit pieces over +attack pieces, and an augmented Blistering Sallet +1 is a really nice piece.

Overall thats a pretty reasonable set. Personally I like more accuracy and would swap out metamorph+1 and the ammo in favor of higher accuracy pieces, and probably use a TP bonus moonshade over the Regal Earring (this would change if the set bonus was relevant). Those aren't really major changes, and we likely have different accuracy targets.

Good point! MOre gear to collect :)
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
Offline
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
Posts: 1173
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2020-10-17 12:57:42
Link | Quote | Reply
 
So, just finished my Yagrush a few days ago, (Yay, first mythic ever, lol), and I was going over my gear sets for Erase/na/Cursna.

ItemSet 374762

Apparently with Divine Benison III on the Yagrush, my Cursna set is now capped Fast Cast and Enmity. Actually. It's overkill on Enmity.

Fast Cast:

Divine Benison trait: 50%
Divine Benison III(Yagrush): 20%
Light Arts: 10%
Menelaus' Ring: -10%
Alaunus' Cape: 10%

Total: 80%

Enmity:

Divine Benison trait: -25
Tranquil Heart trait(606 Healing Magic): -25

capped

I still have a couple of pieces that have -enmity on it and as well as the -10 Enmity from the Divine Benison III on Yagrush.

I even have 5% quick cast stuff in my Cursna as well.

Right now, the way my Cursna set is shaping up, I can actually use all but one piece of it in my Erase/na spells as well and lose nothing. It would still be capped Fast Cast and capped -enmity. The only piece I need to change out is the neck.

Debilis Medallion for Cursna, JSE neck for Erase. Which very nice for inventory.

Now, according to the cursna calculator(assuming it's accurate) I'm sitting at a 63% success rate on Doom removal. If I finished my Gambantienn, I would jump up to 95% success rate.

My question now is: Is Gamabanteinn worth the investment?

AoE 63% Doom Removal rate vs 95% single target rate.

I would also lose the 20% Fast Cast from the Divine Benison III on Yagrush. So I would have to make that up, as well.
 Asura.Wotasu
Online
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Wotasu
Posts: 6
By Asura.Wotasu 2020-10-17 13:33:19
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Dont forget Accession/Divine Seal makes it AoE as well.
Only time I ever really needed AoE was Master Trials: ★Unafraid of the Dark★.
Yakshi, DynamisD-Windy and Kin are the other places where it's nice to have but not needed.
And the gearswap ( Selindrile. ) I use can toggle Gambateinn on or off if I want it.
Offline
Posts: 7134
By Afania 2020-10-17 13:57:48
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget said: »
AoE 63% Doom Removal rate vs 95% single target rate.

You can /NIN and DW then get both if you need both. It's not like the benefit of /SCH is THAT irreplaceable with ballads, yagrush and raetic +1.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
Offline
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
Posts: 1173
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2020-10-17 14:01:36
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Would the Cursna +100 work in the offhand? I don’t think the Divine Veil enhancement on Yagrush does.
Offline
Posts: 950
By Nariont 2020-10-17 14:02:24
Link | Quote | Reply
 
It does
 Shiva.Xelltrix
Offline
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Xelltrix
Posts: 319
By Shiva.Xelltrix 2020-10-17 15:37:16
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Unless I'm missing something, I don't think there is any reason to use Vanya Robe over Ebers Bliaud +1 in your Cursna set.
[+]
 Asura.Pergatory
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Pergatory
Posts: 1156
By Asura.Pergatory 2020-10-17 15:38:10
Link | Quote | Reply
 
I don't feel Gambanteinn is worth the effort unless you have everything else already.

I made it and put a toggle into my Lua so I could use it, and found that I never really do. Yagrush pretty much always gets it off in 1-2 casts.
 Asura.Sechs
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
Posts: 7164
By Asura.Sechs 2020-10-17 16:47:18
Link | Quote | Reply
 
If you're curious about R15 Gambantein as Melee weapon for WHM, you can test it with the new Spreadsheet I released a few days ago.

Empyrean Aftermath is in and the calculations work.
I haven't bothered to see if it's worthy in some specific situations, but please be my guest if you want to!
 Asura.Epigram
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: jlisic
Posts: 86
By Asura.Epigram 2020-10-17 20:35:56
Link | Quote | Reply
 
R-15 Gambantein is fun, but not that useful for a melee weapon. WHM just doesn't have the ability to get a great crit build to make the AM3 all that useful, and simultaneously it doesn't have much to offer for utility in healing etc... Maintaining AM3 is also a bit of a pain on WHM, you can pair it with an off-hand multi-hit but then you're killing the point of the AM3 build.

For doom removal, I have my Gambantein setup with a yagrush/gam switch for single or multiple targets, and always use gam if I'm using divine seal or accession. Doing the math, three Yagrush cursnas are roughly equivalent to one Gambantein cursna.

.63 + (1-.63)*.63 + (1-.63)^2*.63 = .95 (rounded)

You also will get more out of a divine caress with gambantein. However is it worth the effort/gil? It really depends on the content you play and what you want to focus on.
[+]
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Offline
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
Posts: 873
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2020-10-17 23:36:57
Link | Quote | Reply
 
I thought tranquil heart’s enmity down bypassed the -50 cap on enmity down?
 Cerberus.Dekar
Offline
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Dekar1
Posts: 69
By Cerberus.Dekar 2020-10-18 01:08:48
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
I thought tranquil heart’s enmity down bypassed the -50 cap on enmity down?

I'm pretty sure it does bypass the cap. Per the wiki:

Enmity reduction from this trait is based on healing magic skill.
Reduction % increases every 10 Healing Magic Skill and caps at -25% Enmity at 500 Skill.

Enmity reduction from this Job Trait is multiplied with -Enmity from Equipment.

Ex. Enmity-50 and 500 Healing Magic Skill would give you (1 - 50/100)×(1 - 25/100) = 37.5% normal enmity generation.
Log in to post.