Forum » FFXI » NMs » Up In Arms BCNM
Up In Arms BCNM
 Fenrir.Aladeus
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Aladeus
By Fenrir.Aladeus 2022-11-26 21:45:20
Link | Quote | Reply

there was a guy in my ls that hadn't done it before, and he went 1/1 cuz of course he did. one guy that's in my ls now has gotten 2 in the last year I believe. I run it every now and then when I feel like it, but I know I'm just gonna be vendoring some oxblood. =D
By Rips 2022-11-27 00:03:10
Link | Quote | Reply

So my LS mate, Razma, just got one. He is the DI guy we all like.

How’s that salt taste?
[+]
By Pantafernando 2022-11-27 01:37:19
Link | Quote | Reply

For each guy that went 1/1, you are destined to go 1/1999
[+]
By Razma 2022-11-27 03:28:08
Link | Quote | Reply

The game rewards effort
[+]
By Nariont 2022-11-27 03:39:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Eventually
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-11-27 04:25:55
Link | Quote | Reply

"effort" if you squint reallllllly hard.

Everything rewards repetition. Eventually.
[+]
 Bismarck.Firedemon
Server: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2022-11-27 06:12:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Razma said: »
The game rewards effort

Running in and executing a script for a 5 minute fight isn’t exactly called effort.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2022-11-27 06:50:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Razma said: »
The game rewards programming effort

FTFY
By RadialArcana 2022-11-27 07:31:30
Link | Quote | Reply

If you farm a KC for money you're doing it wrong, there are better ways to make gil.

Farming KC is about getting the KC.
By Pantafernando 2022-11-27 07:32:37
Link | Quote | Reply

RadialArcana said: »
If you farm a KC for money you're doing it wrong, there are better ways to make gil.

Farming KC is about getting the KC.

But getting the KC isnt only about farming KC
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2022-11-27 07:42:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, if you're willing to consider the very low chance of K-club and consider seals a sunk cost, even if it's 1/2000 then you're still looking at conservatively 1.5mil/hr from the BCNM, which really isn't bad for a solo player.

5 minutes per fight, let's round up to 10 for travel time and say 6 runs per hour.

60k per orb from oxbloods / direct gil / other NPCables
200k per orb from k-club expectation (400mil / 2000 orbs per k-club)

260k * 6 = 1560k/hr

Personally, I'm not sure that the drop rate is as high as 1/2000, though. The Walkure Mask / K-club slot doesn't always drop, and I could see it being as low as 1/8000 (1/4 chance of slot, 1/2000 chance of k-club if the slot populates)

Edit: This might just be me justifying my 44mil of non-kclub direct drops, though.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2022-11-27 07:59:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I think I burned up my Up in Arms drop rate when I randomly saw LoO up on day and killed it, and got the Octave Club 1/1
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2022-11-27 08:00:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
even if it's 1/2000

it's probably worse than that, there was a period of time where an exploit allowed you to enter the BC without consuming your orb, during which i logged over 17k kills for 3 clubs

i actually was theorizing for a bit that it might allocate 0-1 clubs per server on conquest tally, since the first drop was relatively soon after i started spamming it and the other 2 were both on tally days relatively soon after it occured (it would be weird to uniquely code that for conquest tally, but there's also a limiter on the 5m gil in trove of some sort, since i went 0/50k+ on that.. possibly it's stored as extdata at time of orb purchase?)
[+]
 Bahamut.Suph
Server: Bahamut
user: Suph
By Bahamut.Suph 2022-11-27 09:53:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Thorny said: »
even if it's 1/2000

it's probably worse than that, there was a period of time where an exploit allowed you to enter the BC without consuming your orb, during which i logged over 17k kills for 3 clubs

i actually was theorizing for a bit that it might allocate 0-1 clubs per server on conquest tally, since the first drop was relatively soon after i started spamming it and the other 2 were both on tally days relatively soon after it occured (it would be weird to uniquely code that for conquest tally, but there's also a limiter on the 5m gil in trove of some sort, since i went 0/50k+ on that.. possibly it's stored as extdata at time of orb purchase?)

I was told at least 3 people on Bahamut had it drop from the BCNM this month, maybe the trove rare drop boost campaign accidentally affect all BCNM? lol
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-11-27 11:56:15
Link | Quote | Reply

even if it's 1/2000

Seventeen THOUSAND?
Fifty THOUSAND????

[+]
 Asura.Melliny
user: melphina
By Asura.Melliny 2022-11-27 12:12:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm pretty sure drop chances can't get any lower than 1 in 1000. We know that loot drops are tied to /random, and its range is 0-999. Even if only one of the numbers rolled into a K club, you still couldn't get any worse than that.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-11-27 12:13:28
Link | Quote | Reply

The possibility exists where it cannot even be rolled. So it can in fact go lower than 1/1000
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2022-11-27 12:14:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Melliny said: »
We know that loot drops are tied to /random, and its range is 0-999.

How do we know that, exactly?

And yes, as Eiryl said, the slot itself can have a droprate prior to the item's droprate.
By Rips 2022-11-27 12:15:30
Link | Quote | Reply

even if it's 1/2000

Thanks to your authority on these subject matters people are going to sprint to do Up In Arms after conquest tally now… lol.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2022-11-27 12:16:18
Link | Quote | Reply

It's a completely unsubstantiated theory based on something that could just as likely have been random chance, at least as far as conquest tally goes.

There is absolutely something going on with the way the 5m is awarded in trove, though.
[+]
By Rankyaku 2022-11-27 12:40:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Did a bunch of runs of this last night for fun; no drop but someone in our group said they recall that TH affects the drop rate in the chests if the mob is tagged.

Anyone ever come across this?
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2022-11-27 12:47:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I think it is unlikely but I sub THF on my PUP for this reason.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-11-27 12:59:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Rankyaku said: »
someone in our group said they recall that TH affects the drop rate in the chests if the mob is tagged

How would you ever know if TH did or didn't work? I remember when we did Sortie as it was released, and brought along a THF for some runs because people thought TH affected drops from bosses or chests. I just find it impossible to validate some of these things (but it's always worth tagging with TH4 cuZ why not)
By Pantafernando 2022-11-27 13:06:42
Link | Quote | Reply

As much unlikely it sounds, it shouldnt be hard to test, though, not with a f****ing 1/1000?? drop rate item...

If the same concept applies, you can just pick a high drop rate item and run few experiments to see if there is a noticeable change.

Though, those questions sounds feasible to be officially answered in any AMA sessions with dev. Just keep that question to send it to dev when the time is right
 Bismarck.Firedemon
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2022-11-27 13:39:48
Link | Quote | Reply

FWIW my club dropped on a Saturday at 10PM. It's Bismarck though, I was probably the only one doing the BCNM, so the Conquest theory still holds.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2022-11-27 15:20:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
someone in our group said they recall that TH affects the drop rate in the chests if the mob is tagged

How would you ever know if TH did or didn't work? I remember when we did Sortie as it was released, and brought along a THF for some runs because people thought TH affected drops from bosses or chests. I just find it impossible to validate some of these things (but it's always worth tagging with TH4 cuZ why not)
Wasnt it widely speculated that TH affected Waking the Beast, despite its unique drop structure?
 Asura.Karbuncle
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2022-11-27 17:03:06
Link | Quote | Reply

even if it's 1/2000

My brother and I always joked that a Kraken Club only drops from the BCNM when someone on the server who has one quits/tosses it.

No new clubs, only recycled.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-11-27 17:27:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »

Wasnt it widely speculated that TH affected Waking the Beast, despite its unique drop structure?

my experience with Waking the Beast was always getting *** NOTHING with or without TH
[+]
By Razma 2022-11-27 17:28:31
Link | Quote | Reply

K Club 1/1 — 11/23/2022 1:44 PM
~50runs, RDM/BLM no TH
Farmed exclusively for club, selling oxblood is just a nice extra.
Game rewards effort, I tried really not hard and I won. Just get the club EZ. Crep cloak + knife in ~15 runs VD solo also, drop rates are pretty good in this game guys.
[+]
 Asura.Illuminate
By Asura.Illuminate 2022-11-27 18:07:00
Link | Quote | Reply

How is it 1/1 if you did 50 runs of up in arms to get it? Also cloak and knife in 15 runs ... I call shennanigans!
[+]