Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2020-06-10 15:38:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Arislan said: »
Bahamut.Celebrindal said: »
There's two theories on the step-up gear-

1. Do the content as you are able, gearing up at each stage like the players before you did when those various steps were the newest thing. Do delve and skirmish to get gear for vagary to get gear for HTBF to get gear for escha to get gear for omen to get gear for dyna-D. You shouldn't be able to do dyna-D in skirmish gear! It wasn't built that way at first, why would it be different now?

2. The above method wastes gil and time. The gil and time one spends on skirmish stones is better spent on eschalixirs for escha ru'ann sets and reisen stones. So in the long run, you will spend less time and gil to become relevant to the current endgame community by getting things merc'ed for you.

My issue is- this is a game. Enjoy the aspects of that game which can feel fresh and challenging to you if you progress as the game intends. If you buy gil and then get merc'ed up to current endgame levels, you lose experience in learning how to play that job, and the game feels empty to you due to lack of content...because you just made 80% of that content obsolete by skipping it.

Yeah, method 2 churns out a disproportionate number of horrible/useless players.

Those who ignore the progression ladder end up skipping a lot of essential learning. Game mechanics, monster mechanics, job mechanics and math are everything in this game.
Whoa those didn't skip that stuff still suck at this game lol. You got people on war forum talking about how nagel isn't its best weapon right now when on paper it is sadly so idk. Damn if you do damn if you don't. People will learn only if they let themselves learn.
 Fenrir.Puciato
Server: Fenrir
user: Pucidain
By Fenrir.Puciato 2020-06-10 15:42:01
Link | Quote | Reply

People who can't / won't play whm are ***tier players tbh.

There are so many ways to make gil as a new player, if you're arguing sparks nerf is hurting new players with some REMAs pushing 300m+ with the current economy you're a *** moron lol
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-06-10 15:42:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Firedemon said: »
Fenrir.Kaldaek said: »
You are making a point that people can't make money other than sparks. what did all people (players/rmt/whatever) do before sparks?

What lmao? I never once said that, but alright. I only pointed out that 2m/week was low as hell. My original post only quoted that, just the 2m. Now I don't even know what you guys are trying to argue, there's like 4 different situations that's being presented.

1: New player farming 2m/week
2: New player farming 2m/week from sparks and other farming
3: New player with connections
4: New player starting with WHM

/shrug IDFK

Oh maybe I was confused. I guess two arguments here.

Can you become endgame ready on 2m a week? Yes. How fast do you need to be endgame ready? It shouldn't be a week after buying the game. Some of us that have nice things have been playing since launch.

There needs to be a disclaimer that this game takes time to get there.

The other point I was making is that a new player should expect to spend significantly more time per week and the hours of gain exp... significantly more if they want all the shinies and such.

Gil can still be farmed in the millions. But its relative to your invested time. Spend more time farming is all, other content.
[+]
 Bahamut.Justthetip
Server: Bahamut
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2020-06-10 15:46:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Puciato said: »

There are so many ways to make gil as a new player, if you're arguing sparks nerf is hurting new players with some REMAs pushing 300m+ with the current economy you're a *** moron lol
This maybe the dumbest thing I've seen posted in awhile lol.
[+]
 Shiva.Arislan
Server: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2020-06-10 15:49:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Justthetip said: »
Whoa those didn't skip that stuff still suck at this game lol. You got people on war forum talking about how nagel isn't its best weapon right now when on paper it is sadly so idk. Damn if you do damn if you don't. People will learn only if they let themselves learn.

Yeah, that's true, there are no guarantees, but even a mental stump will tend to absorb a few things thru pure repetition.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2020-06-10 15:51:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
Ah yes, the squad of new players in their rawhide and otomi and psycloth wielding Nibiru is gonna farm Ou and Dynamis D.

STOP trying to get 6 new players to do the hardest ***.. as 6 new players.

why do you think ambu scales? why do you think things less than OU/dynamisD is any less valuable?

I explained to you easy gil methods. Apparently they are just beneath you.

Apparently a fresh baseball player right out of college should be starting in the major leagues? no, minor league/farm league. etc...

how does this not resonate with you?
Goalposts moved again.

You went from "a new player can get to endgame on 2m a week" to "a new player can get to endgame on 2m a week with connections" to "A new player can get to endgame on 2m a week with connections provided theyre on a shitty job that doesnt need expensive gear OR A new player a can get to older outdated endgame on 2m a week"
 Bismarck.Firedemon
Server: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2020-06-10 15:52:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Guess I'm ***tier, oh well.
[+]
 Phoenix.Dravont
Server: Phoenix
user: dravont73
By Phoenix.Dravont 2020-06-10 15:54:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
initial menu got 18 years logo, how cute.
hate the fact that when you log out it jumps to this screen..i'm sure i'm going to end up deleting a character by accident in my drunken sleepiness
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-06-10 15:55:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah yes, the squad of new players in their rawhide and otomi and psycloth wielding Nibiru is gonna farm Ou and Dynamis D.

STOP trying to get 6 new players to do the hardest ***.. as 6 new players.

why do you think ambu scales? why do you think things less than OU/dynamisD is any less valuable?

I explained to you easy gil methods. Apparently they are just beneath you.

Apparently a fresh baseball player right out of college should be starting in the major leagues? no, minor league/farm league. etc...

how does this not resonate with you?
Goalposts moved again: its not current endgame content, its older outdated endgame content.

A fresh 99 player shouldn't be doing DDyna or OU. Im certainly confused.

You are dismissing other endgame activites because you personally don't find them relevant.

Stop trying to give the best things to people that haven't earned them yet.

endgame is way more than the 2 hardest content your referencing (im sure to inflate your point?)

a freshly geared group of 6 99s can clear enough ambu to cap on sellables doing nothing more than VE ambu. Which is millions and millions of gil. SE gives you 30ish days to do this.

t.i.m.e. investment

it will take you more time. of course. as it should.
By Aerix 2020-06-10 15:57:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Goalposts moved again.

You went from "a new player can get to endgame on 2m a week" to "a new player can get to endgame on 2m a week with connections" to "A new player can get to endgame on 2m a week with connections provided theyre on a shitty job that doesnt need expensive gear OR A new player a can get to older outdated endgame on 2m a week"

The goalposts were never moved. The conversation was about 2m per week, not 2m and no more. That is still wholly sufficient to get into endgame. New players aren't going to be jumping into endgame in a single week, so that gil will add up over time very easily while they are farming a bunch of Rare/Ex gear that costs them nothing but time.

All the arguments about farming extra (with or without help) was about getting additional funds for upgrades you may want, but not necessarily need, depending on whom you play with.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-06-10 15:58:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I digress.

Bahamut.Celebrindal is much better at explaining career progession than I am.

nope.nope.nope.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-06-10 16:01:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Aerix said: »
Goalposts moved again.

The goalposts were never moved. The conversation was about 2m per week, not 2m and no more. That is still wholly sufficient to get into endgame. New players aren't going to be jumping into endgame in a single week, so that gil will add up over time very easily while they are farming a bunch of Rare/Ex gear that costs them nothing but time.

All the arguments about farming extra (with or without help) was about getting additional funds for upgrades you may want, but not necessarily need, depending on whom you play with.

i'm trying over here.. thanks for the assist!
By Aerix 2020-06-10 16:01:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Dravont said: »
hate the fact that when you log out it jumps to this screen..i'm sure i'm going to end up deleting a character by accident in my drunken sleepiness

On the title screen, click Config. Then set it to log you out to "Select Character" instead.

[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2020-06-10 16:05:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Imagine being a new player, everyones doing OU and Dyna-D, and you're stuck farming Skirmish cause you gotta catch up through progression. Except since skirmish pops are no longer farmed, they have to farm the pops on their own.

two years later, they've maybe caught up.
By Aerix 2020-06-10 16:07:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Name one MMO where you should completely ignore progression and jump into top tier endgame one or two weeks after starting the game. Gear aside, new players won't even have the necessary skills to deal with that content.

Even with unnerfed Sparks/Accos new players have never gone straight for Ou and Dyna-D without significant help.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-06-10 16:08:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Imagine being a new player, everyones doing OU and Dyna-D, and you're stuck farming Skirmish cause you gotta catch up through progression. Except since skirmish pops are no longer farmed, they have to farm the pops on their own.

I'd just like to interject that maybe people shouldn't be starting this game anymore and let it die. That's just a hot take not a argument starter. I understand that literally all of you disagree, you don't need to tell me.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2020-06-10 16:09:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Damn... SE nerfed new players to oblivion...2 mil is literally nothing... hahahahaha...

Oh well... can't wait for those 20m rostams
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2020-06-10 16:10:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »

I'd just like to interject that maybe people shouldn't be starting this game anymore and let it die. That's just a hot take not a argument starter.
I dont disagree, other than the "let it die". I cant imagine that there are that many new players to XI.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-06-10 16:11:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Where is this statistic from that in order to participate in DDyna or OU?

Explain to me in an MMO... where 6 new players would be tackling the hardest game content?

The concept is to team up.. Why can't these 6 players shout and create an alliance of 18?

Your opinions are extreme to prove your points.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-06-10 16:16:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Where is this statistic from that in order to participate in DDyna or OU?

Explain to me in an MMO... where 6 new players would be tackling the hardest game content?

The concept is to team up.. Why can't these 6 players shout and create an alliance of 18?

Your opinions are extreme to prove your points.

Every single concept you have goes back to a mentality of wanting things in the fastest manner possible. Just go buy your gil then and have all the shinies in a week?

This game does not cater to the thought of giving new players the best things.

Name a game that you've played that on day one you fight the final boss? or expect to win it?

It takes a significant time investment. New players to this game need to understand that you will spend countless hours bored/farming/solo whatever if you dont team up and join other people in masses.

If you're a 6man new party clearing OU.. theres a higher chance your cheating and trying to hide it.
By Mattelot 2020-06-10 16:19:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Because every new player can't wait to start playing FFXI as a WHM.

This one is debatable. I've known people who love healing jobs and that's what they aimed for first thing. Is it common? Not really since 75% or more people want to be DD jobs.

I don't... only because I got burnt out playing it for years back in the 75 era. I hope that doesn't make me triple asterisk tier :(
 Fenrir.Skarwind
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2020-06-10 16:20:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Wouldn't take any of the later seriously lmao
By Jetackuu 2020-06-10 16:20:54
Link | Quote | Reply

That was a much bigger nerf than hoping but not surprising, think they should have limited it by the day but het.
 Fenrir.Puciato
user: Pucidain
By Fenrir.Puciato 2020-06-10 16:21:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Guess I'm ***tier, oh well.

Well, yeah. You're making dumb arguments too.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-06-10 16:23:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
That was a much bigger nerf than hoping but not surprising, think they should have limited it by the day but het.

Im actually very excited about this. I'm on fenrir. Perhaps the auction house will actually have materials on it now.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2020-06-10 16:26:45
Link | Quote | Reply

New players should get to 75 and be camping Fafhogg, they dont deserve to be in current endgame content. Progression!
[+]
By pchan 2020-06-10 16:27:39
Link | Quote | Reply

hahaha !
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-06-10 16:28:57
Link | Quote | Reply

New players should get to 75 and be camping Fafhogg, they dont deserve to be in current endgame content. Progression!

I mean they could... but you can make gil much faster doing the events I mentioned.

You are upset because these events are beneath you. I am pointing out that not everyone feels that entitled.

Embrace it, don't reject it. You aren't the only one in this world that thinks that way.
 Bismarck.Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2020-06-10 16:30:08
Link | Quote | Reply

The problem with the progression events, is that they're kinda trash now. Take skirmish for instance, it was the bees knees when it came out, could make good gil from it, but now, trying to get people to do it isn't easy. Add in the fact that stackables are in 99s now, augments aren't done in the amount they used to, and a good chunk of stones are cheap, it's not a viable progressive event.

Delve won't be easy for new players, and by new players I mean ones that don't get their hands held. Let's face it, it was tough when it came out, what makes it any different for new players? For experienced players, it's a cakewalk that leads to easy gil.

The easiest and fastest progression is getting Ru'Aun now. Between that and spending Domain Invasion points on Abjurations and Reisen gear, farming gil looks better and better.

Do I think 2m/week is enough to get to endgame? No.
Do I think that farming more than that is needed? Absolutely.
Do I think that current endgame (Omen/DynaD/etc) requires baseline endgame gear? Yes.

My problem is that any current event that gives anything worthwhile to sell requires at least a standard baseline of gear. If a new player is used to making 6m/week from sparks, then has to resort to selling fire clusters for 100k/stack, that *** sucks.
[+]
 Bismarck.Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2020-06-10 16:33:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, yeah. You're making dumb arguments too.

UR ***CUZ UR MAKING DUM ARGUMENTS 2

Duly noted.
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 18 19 20