First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 ... 18 19 20
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-06-10 17:06:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Isiolia said: »
Fenrir.Kaldaek said: »
Its even easier now. Players can ilvl gear without even leaving mhaura (except for KI). some of the most OP weapons/armor in the game can be obtained in a singular day... solo with 5 trusts

Ambuscade was an option even before DI, and can be a good one. It just tends to be very grindy for those starting at the bottom. A fresh 99 grinding away solo towards even a +1 set and Kaja weapon is likely spending a ton of time in the month just to do that. Someone showing up to DI for a few minutes before getting back to missions or whatnot isn't.

The better answer to all of it is get an LS, ask for help, have stuff that would have taken weeks get knocked out in 45 minutes...but the solo option is nice to have regardless.

I also want to reiterate this is an MMORPG, there is no winning. It's life! the mere concept of grind doesn't change.

Anyone looking to finish quick should not be playing an MMORPG.
[+]
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-06-10 17:10:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Andret said: »
Leviathan.Isiolia said: »
To be fair, the hypothetical new/returning player trying to progress all on their own before suddenly showing up for high end content has seen things get a LOT easier.

At one point, sure, the logical progression from donning 117 Sparks stuff was to go to Skirmish and the like, because that's what was feasible to do. There really was a big gap to clear unless you could get help (paid or not).

Now though, for better or worse, folks in that position can opt to spend DI points that take basically no effort to obtain. It's not overnight, sure, and not necessarily an ideal use of the points...but it might be the most effective use of them for some.

Its even easier now. Players can ilvl gear without even leaving mhaura (except for KI). some of the most OP weapons/armor in the game can be obtained in a singular day... solo with 5 trusts

I would love to see a lv117 fresh out of lv99 with no JP to solo most OP weapons/armors in the game in a day with 5 trusts.

My brain turned numb after 20+ VE/E v2 and I doubt that would be enough for weapon upgrades.

Sorry I shouldn't have said "a day" that is extreme.

Concept doesn't change though... You can gear for endgame solo. whether malignance is your goal... or ambu to do weps/armor.

Its not a concept of difficulty.It's a concept of time. SE has afforded you (VE) (vol2) ambu to be able to get the same exact rewards as players spamming VD (vol1).

this is one example. lets not get hung up on it.

The thought that you shouldn't invest time is absurd. The endgame things should take weeks/months/years to get to.

The only way to cirumvent time is purchasing gil. People dont buy gil because they can't farm it. People buy gil because they would rather go outside, spend time with family, hike,fish... whatever.

BUT, if there is people doing all those activities that do not buy gil... and complaining... i dont know what to tell you? ffxi isnt for you.

Don't buy gil period. Also, if you aren't organically producing your own gil any way possible. Read this thread. Sparks nerf did NOT ruin your ability to make gil and gear endgame.
 Bismarck.Firedemon
Server: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2020-06-10 17:16:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Well enjoy your sparks nerf.. you'll either change your atitude or you'll change your game.

You really pick and choose what you *** read from me eh?

Bismarck.Firedemon said: »
I used accolades for keys and my sparks are 90% of the time maxed.

Please reread my post where I don't farm sparks.

I don't care about the sparks nerf. Would you like to tell me once more on how I'll change my attitude or game?
By Shichishito 2020-06-10 17:18:01
Link | Quote | Reply

not everyone who thinks they over corrected are necessarily RMT. i didn't farm sparks in a while cause its very draining but back when i had to play the catch up game sparks had several advantages over farming other currencies.

• they sold instantly and didn't occupy any inventory.

• no research for current prices or shouting to get it quicker out of bazaar.

• gain exp is faster than most other options available to returnees and you could do it on top of other farming options, not as a replacement.

• farming currency just to sell it kind of sucks from a psycological standpoint when one of your major goals down the line is owning a REMA.

i think most are arguing that the spark nerf is hurting regular players and not just RMT and botters although thats the group SE pretended that patch was aimed at.
[+]
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-06-10 17:21:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Well enjoy your sparks nerf.. you'll either change your atitude or you'll change your game.

You really pick and choose what you *** read from me eh?

I used accolades for keys and my sparks are 90% of the time maxed.

Please reread my post where I don't farm sparks.

I don't care about the sparks nerf. Would you like to tell me once more on how I'll change my attitude or game?

You text is not my issue. Neither of us dump sparks for gil. I have a completely different attitude than you do.

The concept that you are backing up inherently sides with easy methods of making gil.

Let this be logged that I believe you do not dump sparks. Its your concept i think is flawed.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2020-06-10 17:22:38
Link | Quote | Reply

No... you don't understand... 2m a week is enough to get into endgame
[+]
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-06-10 17:22:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Shichishito said: »
not everyone who thinks they over corrected are necessarily RMT. i didn't farm sparks in a while cause its very draining but back when i had to play the catch up game sparks had several advantages over farming other currencies.

• they sold instantly and didn't occupy any inventory.

• no research for current prices or shouting to get it quicker out of bazaar.

• gain exp is faster than most other options available to returnees and you could do it on top of other farming options, not as a replacement.

i think most are arguing that the spark nerf is hurting regular players and not just RMT and botters although thats the group SE pretended that patch was aimed at.

^^ These points are the exact points im arguing. On the opposite side. I am PRO for regular players farming non sparks things. period.
 Asura.Mims
Server: Asura
user: Ginza
By Asura.Mims 2020-06-10 17:23:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Enough about the sparks cap. I don't care.

Have you guys noticed the Poroggo fleece +1 ?
It seems to have Water MAB +30 on a level 1 piece of gear, which could actually probably be used for stuff. Obviously disabling the head slot and not having ilvl stats is an issue.
Considering how widely used Pixie Hairpin +1 is, could this new piece actually be valuable for what would otherwise be a lockstyle onry piece?
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-06-10 17:25:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Mims said: »

It seems to have Water MAB +30 on a level 1 piece of gear, which could actually probably be used for stuff. Obviously disabling the head slot and not having ilvl stats is an issue.
Considering how widely used Pixie Hairpin +1 is, could this new piece actually be valuable for what would otherwise be a lockstyle onry piece?

Yep! level 5 blm OP go go go
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-06-10 17:26:28
Link | Quote | Reply

What good is more damage when you already cap damage.

Super awesome for leveling though and garrison (like its 2004)
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2020-06-10 17:39:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Super awesome for leveling though and garrison (like its 2004)
progression! Gotta get through garrison first before you tackle Ou.
[+]
By Shichishito 2020-06-10 17:49:35
Link | Quote | Reply

nuke all the kraken club BCNMs! no wait, i think that kraken might be water resistant...

lmao, speaking of kraken clubs. 7 on stock at asura AH. margin call is out.
By Aerix 2020-06-10 18:11:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »

Endgame! Earn 20m-60m a week from pre-nerf Sparks/Accos to hire mercs to kill Ou for you!
 Sylph.Jtmoney
Server: Sylph
user: Jtmoney
By Sylph.Jtmoney 2020-06-10 18:19:19
Link | Quote | Reply

edit** nothing in this game costs gil, it costs time. Stop trying to limit that. If you want nicer things, you gotta work for it.

This is pretty *** logic IMO. Moonlight Coral for instance drops from Ou, you're telling a new player 'getting ready for endgame' to go out and farm Ou to lot the coral to bring to a crafter to make a ring? That's not happening lol. You can't expect a newer player to be able to farm all their mats to get by, it's not logical.

Why on earth is a newly geared 99 seeking moonbeam rings to get ready for endgame?

Spend a day farming the content you can do to get the items in the content you cannot do.

fire clusters are 100k a stack. And sell like crazy. You're telling me you can't make significantly more money doing that? And that's just one example

thats easily more than 1M a day.... on content you can do as any level, with any gear

I can't speak for everyone. But ill go out on a limb to say these are all excuses for wanting to HAVE gil and be able to spend less time doing work in game. It should be relative...

example. 2 players.

Player A farms things daily and posts to the AH. Whatever hes comfortable farming. Crystals/delve/vagary/omen (sort of difficulty level tiered)

Player B spends his free time outside his house doing whatever activies he wishes... logs in for events or when it's "primetime"

Player A is quiet and makes his gil. Enjoys the game. Supplies the market.

Player B complains that sparks (3 quick set times a week) is nerfed and he cant make "easy gil"

Player B hasnt learned that his time investment is relevant to his earnings. Player B is playing the wrong game.

I disagree. There really isnt any right or wrong way on any players play style for making gil. Heck, its actually easier to make money off Delve in a shorter time than it is for sparks anyways if you have multiple players. Player B also may not want to flood the market as well so with that player keeping the market not overwhelmed, the said player makes gil and player A can be happy that player isnt undercutting him and driving the price down.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-06-10 18:20:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Aerix said: »

Endgame! Earn 20m-60m a week from pre-nerf Sparks/Accos to hire mercs to kill Ou for you!

I mean, that is the optimal route.

If it's possible to skip progression, you made progression wrong. Why put hundreds of hours into delve then skirmish then augments when you can just hop to the top.

(I shouldn't need to say that I disagree with doing it, but it is the smart thing to do. Play the game don't spend your whole play sessions farming gil)
By Shichishito 2020-06-10 18:23:07
Link | Quote | Reply

no one starts out with a multibox. multiboxing only becomes a consideration once you experienced the whoops you have to jump thru to get a group together and perceive your progress to be not fast enough.
By Aerix 2020-06-10 18:26:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean, that is the optimal route.

If it's possible to skip progression, you made progression wrong. Why put hundreds of hours into delve then skirmish then augments when you can just hop to the top.

(I shouldn't need to say that I disagree with doing it, but it is the smart thing to do. Play the game don't spend your whole play sessions farming gil)

To each their own, but I personally don't see the point of spending your gil to skip through the majority of the game's content in order to only play the highest tier of endgame currently available, which is just a very small fraction of what FFXI has to offer.

And if those people end up whining about having nothing to do once they grow tired of that small bit of endgame, well...
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-06-10 18:27:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Jtmoney said: »
Its actually much less work to do a delve than it is to farm sparks and actually makes more money if you have multiple tunes.

How many times does it need to be said- this is about the different economy that will develop over the next 4-8weeks as we switch from a gil-creationbased economy, where more gil is generated FROM OUT OF THE BLUE by sparks npc sales than exchanges hands through gil-exchange of the SALE OF ITEMS TO REAL PLAYERS FOR ALREADY EXISTING GIL.

The differences between these two are huge. It isn't about the gil in your pocket!!!!
By Shichishito 2020-06-10 18:32:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

nothing about that is smart. the smart thing to do if you feel the need to buy your way to the top in a game is to quit and pick something up that you enjoy doing.
stuff that used to be endgame is now farming ground, once you reach endgame you really aren't doing much different than when you were farming, you grind content to get better gear. the only difference is that once you reached endgame you rely more on others to make progress.
 Asura.Gotenn
user: Gotenn
By Asura.Gotenn 2020-06-10 18:35:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Celebrindal said: »
Sylph.Jtmoney said: »
Its actually much less work to do a delve than it is to farm sparks and actually makes more money if you have multiple tunes.

How many times does it need to be said- this is about the different economy that will develop over the next 4-8weeks as we switch from a gil-creationbased economy, where more gil is generated FROM OUT OF THE BLUE by sparks npc sales than exchanges hands through gil-exchange of the SALE OF ITEMS TO REAL PLAYERS FOR ALREADY EXISTING GIL.

The differences between these two are huge. It isn't about the gil in your pocket!!!!
To extend this, SE has done nothing recently short of banning the crafting expoiters who had billions to remove gil from the game. 2007 when I wanted a Shura Togi, I sat for DAYS mugging a NM in Quicksand caves behind the pillar wall. Buying things from NPC actually costed gil. As a crafter myself, I will goto the npc and buy full stacks of items 12k a peice, 144k a stack, and buy 30 stacks without thinking twice. Asside from AH fees and the small amount from AF crafting items (1.1M) gil is not leaving the economy. It now has just stopped increasing by the billions per week. Items like Alex, and even new Kclubs will still enter the economy and with a smaller finite amount of new gil, supply will soon lower the value of these items.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2020-06-10 18:37:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Would be awesome for "Up in Arms" if the NM wasn't water based lmao...
 Asura.Gotenn
By Asura.Gotenn 2020-06-10 18:42:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Skarwind said: »

Would be awesome for "Up in Arms" if the NM wasn't water based lmao...
Yeah so the water affinity doesn't help you, but at that level and /whm or /rdm that +30 water resist does.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2020-06-10 18:44:02
Link | Quote | Reply

AFAIK: Crafting exploits did not remove gil from the game, nor did they generate gil.

Additionally, to say that SE hasnt done anything to remove gil from the game is wrong:
Small scale is 500k every month on silver vouchers.
Larger scale is AF upgrades mats at 1.1 mil each. Every AF+3 piece is 4.6-5m off the server, depending on slot. And since you cant HQ cloth/ingot/leather, theres a chance you need two of the material due to breaks.
 Asura.Gotenn
By Asura.Gotenn 2020-06-10 18:47:38
Link | Quote | Reply

AFAIK: Crafting exploits did not remove gil from the game, nor did they generate gil.

Additionally, to say that SE hasnt done anything to remove gil from the game is wrong:
Small scale is 500k every month on silver vouchers.
Larger scale is AF upgrades mats at 1.1 mil each. Every AF+3 piece is 4.6-5m off the server, depending on slot. And since you cant HQ cloth/ingot/leather, theres a chance you need two of the material due to breaks.
My comment about the exploiters was more based on the gil the indiviuals had on them at the time of banning, not really the gil the exploit itself removed/generated. Although SE did give them plenty of warning about the coming fix so that gil was more than likely moved in a non-traceable way.
[+]
 Asura.Tsm
user: rangler33
By Asura.Tsm 2020-06-10 18:50:07
Link | Quote | Reply

hard to believe people are still paying the same price for things after the sparks nerf.

hard to believe people expect the same price for things
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2020-06-10 18:51:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Tsm said: »
hard to believe people are still paying the same price for things after the sparks nerf.

hard to believe people expect the same price for things
Give it time my man, its been 12 hrs.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-06-10 18:51:51
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not like they took away gil. Why would you think everything would immediately be a fire sale.
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-06-10 18:56:21
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not like they took away gil. Why would you think everything would immediately be a fire sale.

Honestly I expected those with the largest gil reserves to sit on it, help force prices down, and increase their relative value.

Damn straight its only been 12 hours, but I wouldn't be planning any large single purchases for the immediate future. But I'm not everyone.
 Asura.Tsm
user: rangler33
By Asura.Tsm 2020-06-10 19:00:40
Link | Quote | Reply

i realize most of the playerbase is like yourself, just largely unintelligent. if you're paying what you paid prior to the sparks nerf for something you're making a mistake. it's a market concept called supply and demand. clearly the people yelling must be getting some takers (probably the above mentioned morons)
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2020-06-10 19:00:43
Link | Quote | Reply

So have the Sandy riots started yet?
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 ... 18 19 20