June 2020 Version Update
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 18 19 20
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-06-10 16:34:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Firedemon said: »
The problem with the progression events, is that they're kinda trash now. Take skirmish for instance, it was the bees knees when it came out, could make good gil from it, but now, trying to get people to do it isn't easy. Add in the fact that stackables are in 99s now, augments aren't done in the amount they used to, and a good chunk of stones are cheap, it's not a viable progressive event.

Delve won't be easy for new players, and by new players I mean ones that don't get their hands held. Let's face it, it was tough when it came out, what makes it any different for new players? For experienced players, it's a cakewalk that leads to easy gil.

The easiest and fastest progression is getting Ru'Aun now. Between that and spending Domain Invasion points on Abjurations and Reisen gear, farming gil looks better and better.

Do I think 2m/week is enough to get to endgame? No.
Do I think that farming more than that is needed? Absolutely.
Do I think that current endgame (Omen/DynaD/etc) requires baseline endgame gear? Yes.

My problem is that any current event that gives anything worthwhile to sell requires at least a standard baseline of gear. If a new player is used to making 6m/week from sparks, then has to resort to selling fire clusters for 100k/stack, that *** sucks.

Why? Your goal is something you can buy or farm? Whats it matter how you farmed it?

Bismark has wind clusters selling at 100k a stack and average 13 a day

thats 1m+ a day from short work with zero gear requirements.

You sound like a rich kid who's dad just cut their allowance.

p.s.. my PUP uses 5/5 taeon gear for winning endgame things all the time
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2020-06-10 16:40:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Kaldaek said: »
Why? Your goal is something you can buy or farm? Whats it matter how you farmed it?

Spoken like the guy who has no idea how economics work. What happens when you increase the supply of something? In this case, you're suggesting a drastic increase.

Of the last 25 sales, there are 5 people who made those sales:
Agashi x1
Farak x5
Fgo x6
Hinami x9
Zangetsu x4
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2020-06-10 16:40:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Imagine having to rely on pup to do endgame...

Ewwwwwwww
 Bismarck.Firedemon
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2020-06-10 16:40:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Please reread my post where I don't farm sparks. Nothing has been taken away from me, I'm only advocating for the little guy. My sparks have been capped for weeks, and I cared so much that I let my accolades idle at 99k last night....zero *** given from me.

My main point was arguing that 2m/week wasn't enough. Why are you bringing up the fact that you have to farm more? It feels like you're agreeing with me, while at the same time disagreeing.
[+]
By Quizzy 2020-06-10 16:42:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I kind of want to start a new character just to test this all out...
 Bismarck.Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2020-06-10 16:43:04
Link | Quote | Reply

So add in 5 new players farming wind clusters. The amount of stacks available will increase fivefold. You think that price will remain 100k?
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-06-10 16:43:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Please reread my post where I don't farm sparks. Nothing has been taken away from me, I'm only advocating for the little guy. My sparks have been capped for weeks, and I cared so much that I let my accolades idle at 99k last night....zero *** given from me.

My main point was arguing that 2m/week wasn't enough. Why are you bringing up the fact that you have to farm more? It feels like you're agreeing with me, while at the same time disagreeing.

I don't think your advocating for the little guy. Else you're doing a bad job at it. I have never once met/helped a new player that wasnt significantly more greatful for it all.

For the majority that stick to ffxi long enough to hit 99, they arent rage quitting because they can't do DDyna in the first week.

Maybe im skewed because fenrir is very relaxed?
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-06-10 16:44:49
Link | Quote | Reply

So add in 5 new players farming wind clusters. The amount of stacks available will increase fivefold. You think that price will remain 100k?

Asura has wind clusters @ 150k a stack and 40 sell daily. I bet that have ALOT more farming them than bismark.

everything is relative.

You should try accept/understanding instead of immediate rejection to concept.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2020-06-10 16:45:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Even you have to realize how disingenuous this is.
By Aerix 2020-06-10 16:45:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Why are we even talking about Skirmish at this point?

You can do any or all of the following to gear up that cost practically zero or very little gil for new players or groups consisting of new players:

- Deeds of Heroism
- daily Domain Invasion
- T1-T2 Geas Fete in Zi'Tah, Ru'aun and later on in Reisenjima (just fight whatever you can handle at your gear level)
- lower tier Ambuscade and get gear from Total Hallmarks
- spend excess Accolades on farming Unity NMs (target the easy ones to start with) and open chests on THF in Odyssey to augment
- farm Omen cards for AF upgrades and detritus (these sell for a ton) with the help of Trusts
- do your monthly AMAN Trove and possibly get super lucky
- single path Sinister Reign or team up for regular SR
- farm Lilith on VE with a basic THF
- do RoEs and work on reforging AF/Relic/Empyrean to +1 (Macrocosmic orbs are very doable with a group of newer players)

None of that requires you to ever look at Skirmish and a lot of these events reward you with gear that make only augmented Skirmish for situational stuff (i.e. Enhancing, Phalanx or pet stuff) still relevant. For general gearing you don't need any of it, so you can postpone farming Skirmish until you are decently geared.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
Server: Asura
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2020-06-10 16:45:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura also has an order of magnitude more demand for clusters than Bismarck.
 Leviathan.Isiolia
Server: Leviathan
user: Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2020-06-10 16:46:49
Link | Quote | Reply

To be fair, the hypothetical new/returning player trying to progress all on their own before suddenly showing up for high end content has seen things get a LOT easier.

At one point, sure, the logical progression from donning 117 Sparks stuff was to go to Skirmish and the like, because that's what was feasible to do. There really was a big gap to clear unless you could get help (paid or not).

Now though, for better or worse, folks in that position can opt to spend DI points that take basically no effort to obtain. It's not overnight, sure, and not necessarily an ideal use of the points...but it might be the most effective use of them for some.
[+]
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-06-10 16:46:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »

Correct sir! That's exactly why my very next statement was "Everything is relative"
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-06-10 16:47:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
Even you have to realize how disingenuous this is.

Huh?

i'm not sure about where you play

but 5 taeon pups and a cor are clearing wave2 bosses in all zones on fenrir.
By MorningXI 2020-06-10 16:49:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I think its fun to imagine the extreme scenarios of SE trying to stop RMT. What if they decided to limit the amount of HTBF you can do per week to 75 merit points spent on key items, because of plutons/beitetsu/boulders or outright selling equipment. If a player in your party is both job master and holds 500/500 job points, monsters will yield extremely reduced capacity points to anyone in party. That'd be pretty silly
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-06-10 16:49:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Isiolia said: »
To be fair, the hypothetical new/returning player trying to progress all on their own before suddenly showing up for high end content has seen things get a LOT easier.

At one point, sure, the logical progression from donning 117 Sparks stuff was to go to Skirmish and the like, because that's what was feasible to do. There really was a big gap to clear unless you could get help (paid or not).

Now though, for better or worse, folks in that position can opt to spend DI points that take basically no effort to obtain. It's not overnight, sure, and not necessarily an ideal use of the points...but it might be the most effective use of them for some.

Its even easier now. Players can ilvl gear without even leaving mhaura (except for KI). some of the most OP weapons/armor in the game can be obtained in a singular day... solo with 5 trusts
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2020-06-10 16:50:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Correct sir! That's exactly why my very next statement was "Everything is relative"
Which doesn't counter his point at all, because you'd have to scale the supply increase based on population to have a good comparison when talking about how viable a farming strategy would be with a change in popularity.

A fivefold increase in supply is going to affect a small server like Bismarck roughly the same as a fivefold increase on a big server.
 Phoenix.Dravont
Server: Phoenix
user: dravont73
By Phoenix.Dravont 2020-06-10 16:51:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Aerix said: »
Phoenix.Dravont said: »
hate the fact that when you log out it jumps to this screen..i'm sure i'm going to end up deleting a character by accident in my drunken sleepiness

On the title screen, click Config. Then set it to log you out to "Select Character" instead.

thnx
[+]
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-06-10 16:52:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Which doesn't counter his point at all, because you'd have to scale the supply increase based on population to have a good comparison when talking about how viable a farming strategy would be with a change in popularity.

A fivefold increase in supply is going to affect a small server like Bismarck roughly the same as a fivefold increase on a big server.

I agree; I will also argue that a small server like bismark (fenrir has 500 max daily) is not going to have x5 of a singular item increase either. It works both ways.

The wind cluster is the first example i found and the fastest. There are 1000s of things out there that can be farmed.
 Asura.Vanixim
By Asura.Vanixim 2020-06-10 16:54:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nickeny said: »

Ewwwwwwww

You're probably kidding so I won't respond too seriously. I'm just going to state that PUP is f'in awesome endgame.

I'm going to go back to catching more RMT tears.
By Mrxi 2020-06-10 16:58:08
Link | Quote | Reply

i hate pup tank in dyna. last one i did a run/war asked me to come geo. whats the point.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-06-10 16:58:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vanixim said: »
Bismarck.Nickeny said: »

Ewwwwwwww

You're probably kidding so I won't respond too seriously. I'm just going to state that PUP is f'in awesome endgame.

I'm going to go back to catching more RMT tears.

I was not joking that 5 Taeon PUPS and a cor are clearing wave 2 boss. Im very serious.
 Bismarck.Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2020-06-10 16:59:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm just really *** confused. I'm saying 2m/week isn't enough to get to endgame and being crucified for it. Yet I'm being presented different ways to make gil that can get you to endgame.....?????

Ambuscade, Omen, SR all require more than sparks gear for new players. T1 NMs is the only viable option.

You guys are literally saying you need to farm more than 2m/week.
 Bismarck.Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2020-06-10 17:00:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura has wind clusters @ 150k a stack and 40 sell daily

What would happen if that supply jumped to 200?
[+]
 Leviathan.Isiolia
user: Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2020-06-10 17:02:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Its even easier now. Players can ilvl gear without even leaving mhaura (except for KI). some of the most OP weapons/armor in the game can be obtained in a singular day... solo with 5 trusts

Ambuscade was an option even before DI, and can be a good one. It just tends to be very grindy for those starting at the bottom. A fresh 99 grinding away solo towards even a +1 set and Kaja weapon is likely spending a ton of time in the month just to do that. Someone showing up to DI for a few minutes before getting back to missions or whatnot isn't.

The better answer to all of it is get an LS, ask for help, have stuff that would have taken weeks get knocked out in 45 minutes...but the solo option is nice to have regardless.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-06-10 17:03:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I would farm something else.

The underlying problem is your will to do it.

Instead you're coming up with all these excuses why you can't

Well enjoy your sparks nerf.. you'll either change your atitude or you'll change your game.
[+]
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-06-10 17:04:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Ambuscade was an option even before DI, and can be a good one. It just tends to be very grindy for those starting at the bottom. A fresh 99 grinding away solo towards even a +1 set and Kaja weapon is likely spending a ton of time in the month just to do that. Someone showing up to DI for a few minutes before getting back to missions or whatnot isn't.

The better answer to all of it is get an LS, ask for help, have stuff that would have taken weeks get knocked out in 45 minutes...but the solo option is nice to have regardless.

Completely agree with this. I also don't find ambuscade to be grindy. But I also leveled my blm to 75 on nothing more than ancient magic kills on pets so....
 Bismarck.Nickeny
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2020-06-10 17:05:48
Link | Quote | Reply

New players...

Waits 4 to 6 months before coming back...

Deflation of the economy will be worth it...

I wouldn't do any big purchases for a while...
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2020-06-10 17:05:54
Link | Quote | Reply

These guys dont understand economics lol, and it shows.
[+]
 Leviathan.Andret
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2020-06-10 17:06:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I would love to see a lv117 fresh out of lv99 with no JP to solo most OP weapons/armors in the game in a day with 5 trusts.

My brain turned numb after 20+ VE/E v2 and I doubt that would be enough for weapon upgrades.
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 18 19 20