Let's Start A Riot?!?!

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Let's start a riot?!?!
Let's start a riot?!?!
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 117 118 119
By Draylo 2020-06-01 18:43:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Directx why are you posting from two accounts lmao
[+]

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Draylo 2020-06-01 18:47:06
Link | Quote | Reply

You and "Toeknee", not fooling anyone.
By Draylo 2020-06-01 18:47:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes after that I ripped up our friendship bracelet.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Valefor.Commodus
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: abknight
By Valefor.Commodus 2020-06-01 18:52:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draugo said: »
Valefor.Commodus said: »
This literally supports my post. Whites have tried to modernize parts of Africa and been kicked out (Rhodesia and mostly SA, so far).

Just.... No. The angle that imperialists were there through some sort of charitable whim, is just..... No.

They went to those nation's intent on stealing as many of those resources as they could. Plain and simple.

This is not correct. Dutch Boers settled South Africa in 1652 because there were no indigenous peoples there. It was just unoccopied veld until waaaaaaay further north than they actually stopped due mostly to topography and insufferable flies. From 1899-1902 they fought for independence from British Colonialists who had basically stolen it from them. The UK won the Boer War and created modern day South Africa. The black africans who live there now all migrated there from other parts of Africa to take advantage of the society that the Dutch and British created.

Rhodesia is a similar story, except it was Brits who settled it and then fought against the crown for their own independence, instead of the Dutch.

You could make an argument that parts of Africa have been exploited for specific resources, but it's just not why these two countries were settled in the 1600s and 1800s. Also, any world power could easily conquer the entire continent today, but they don't. We just send them endless aid.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Toeknee
Server: Asura
user: Darksyn
By Asura.Toeknee 2020-06-01 18:56:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »

idk who he is - i just couldn't help replying to stupidity then got sucked in and now here we are
 Valefor.Commodus
By Valefor.Commodus 2020-06-01 18:58:54
Link | Quote | Reply

kreek said: »
So a black person that lives in a ghetto has the same culture as an athlete that has been to college, owns their own property, etc?

You totally understand that word.

I'll post the definition for you, again, to help you out:
1a: the customary beliefs, social forms, and material traits of a racial, religious, or social group.

Many, yes. Many inherit the same cultural values of their race. They may learn different behaviors associated with their different religious or social groups.

This isn't rocket science. This is the same for all races.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Commodus
By Valefor.Commodus 2020-06-01 19:01:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Toeknee said: »
I bet you have black friends and so you're definitely not a racist. amirite?

he seems scared of black folks - cuz the way he talks lets me know he doesn't know one in real life - or he'd have been smacked - then got angry and blamed it on thousands of years of ancestors

lol you just said that any black person I knew would have enacted violence against me. yOu'RE rAciSt! you've defeated your own position, though.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-06-01 19:02:38
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Valefor.Commodus
By Valefor.Commodus 2020-06-01 19:04:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, there were no Africans anywhere near the coast right? The concept of benefitting from the advantages of that were well beyond those savages!

You're mocking historical fact. If you're positive that this is incorrect, then post a source.

If African tribesmen were interested in benefiting from every advantage, they wouldn't be where they are today.
 Asura.Toeknee
user: Darksyn
By Asura.Toeknee 2020-06-01 19:04:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Toeknee said: »
Draylo said: »

idk who he is - i just couldn't help replying to stupidity then got sucked in and now here we are

It's ok, we can become one.

[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-06-01 19:05:05
Link | Quote | Reply

This is just what we need on the forums of a utility site for an 18 year old game about magic, dragons, & swords.
[+]
By Draylo 2020-06-01 19:10:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Jeeze, dont be a tattle tale
[+]
 Asura.Topace
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2020-06-01 19:28:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aeonova said: »

]
[+]
 Shiva.Zerowone
Server: Shiva
user: Zerowone
By Shiva.Zerowone 2020-06-01 19:35:46
Link | Quote | Reply

]
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-06-01 20:21:10
Link | Quote | Reply

This is just what we need on the forums of a utility site for an 18 year old game about magic, dragons, & swords.

Swing sword, boom boom our magic, dragon dies, whats the next topic?

Censorship is not how you battle racist speech, you need to know the kind of *** they come up with in order to counter the nonsense.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-06-01 20:29:24
Link | Quote | Reply

You know, this thread had potential.

Not potential to be a shitfest, I'm talking about potential to discuss matters in a civil way.

It lasted, what, 3 pages? Maybe 2 and a half.

Way to go guys. This is the few topics I can post on, and you have to go ***it up for me....
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-06-01 20:30:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »

Not potential to be a shitfest, I'm talking about potential to discuss matters in a civil way.

Way to go guys. This is the few topics I can post on, and you have to go ***it up for me....

Brah, if I backread, I bet it started on Page 1.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-06-01 20:31:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Viciouss said: »

No, it was civil for a little bit.

The middle of page 3 is when the ***started flying. I tried to defuse it but decided that getting Alexs for my Burtgang is more important.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-06-01 20:35:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Was probably a wise choice.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-06-01 20:37:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Viciouss said: »

No, it was civil for a little bit.

The middle of page 3 is when the ***started flying. I tried to defuse it but decided that getting Alexs for my Burtgang is more important.

Bro, get your priorities straight. This is the true endgame. Burtgang can’t help you here.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-06-01 20:41:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Obviously your political opinion is more important w/ 8+ mythics under the belt duh.
[+]
 Asura.Topace
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2020-06-01 20:44:15
Link | Quote | Reply

The enmity from Burtgang can really help in a debate if he subs war and uses provoke.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2020-06-01 20:58:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Alright I mostly skimmed this thread because it got ignorant pretty quick, but let's see:

If we assume segregation ended in 1964 with the Civil Rights Act of 1964, which is laughable since it didn't take place right away, the first kids to get to go to the full schools was born around 1960. Their children would be born in 1980-1990, basically older millennials. That would be the first generation of blacks that had 'properly' educated parents. And that's...less than half the current population.

You cannot dismiss the impact of segregation on the current population. It was long, it was widespread, and it's still VERY much related to how things process now.

Add in that it's not going to be a full conversion to everyone trusting and listening to the government that had literally beaten them and considered them inferior for CENTURIES, and since American school funding is also heavily based on local taxes, and blacks were forced into low income ghettoes without an education for decades, means they also largely only had access to the weakest schools.

Until we have some proper education reform to help balance out school quality across the nation, and poverty reform to help the inner cities not be stuck the way they are, it's sadly going to be a slow trickle of inner city children getting a proper education and opportunity to join "civilized society". Until then we're going to keep having data "proving" that blacks are criminals people can point to, without them spending any time to understand why that data exists.

TL:DR - If you think segregation ended decades ago and everything is super cool now you're a simplistic moron with no understanding of sociology or nuance.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 117 118 119