Let's Start A Riot?!?!

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Let's start a riot?!?!
Let's start a riot?!?!
First Page 2 3 ... 16 17 18 ... 117 118 119
 Shiva.Zerowone
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Zerowone
By Shiva.Zerowone 2020-06-02 01:27:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Dabackpack said: »
Also, public reminder that Antifa isn't an organization, it's a movement.

Yeah I edited my post prior, they’re nebulous. People just presume all black attire on a protestor is the uniform.

Edit: which also makes them the perfect boogeyman to point at. They’re everywhere yet nowhere, Everyone yet no one; all at once. They’re the Double Think propaganda machines wet dream.
By boleslaus21 2020-06-02 01:27:24
Link | Quote | Reply

He IMPLIED that if you loot, you will be shot, which EXPRESSES SOME INTENT or DESIRE for looters to get shot. Arguing otherwise is arguing semantics.
and this is wrong why? is now not against the law to destroy others properties and take their thing? did i miss this law getting expunged so we can steal loot pillage others properties? i doubt it. case in point the pawn shop owner shooting looters on day 1 killing one.
[+]
 Shiva.Zerowone
Server: Shiva
user: Zerowone
By Shiva.Zerowone 2020-06-02 01:30:34
Link | Quote | Reply

boleslaus21 said: »
He IMPLIED that if you loot, you will be shot, which EXPRESSES SOME INTENT or DESIRE for looters to get shot. Arguing otherwise is arguing semantics.
and this is wrong why? is now not against the law to destroy others properties and take their thing? did i miss this law getting expunged so we can steal loot pillage others properties? i doubt it. case in point the pawn shop owner shooting looters on day 1 killing one.

There is a difference between private citizens exercising their rights and applicable laws like self-defense and castle laws, and let’s say an elected government official wanting to dust citizens.
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2020-06-02 01:30:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Prong said: »

Yeah but, let's all be honest and bi-partisan for a sec...they contact one another on social media and organize, "events." Whether they are an "organization" officially or not is really just semantics. They aren't helping in this case. Their actions just make the legit protesters look bad and it lessens their message behind their criminal activities.

Sorry but hearing this reminds me of "the hacker named 4chan"

Antifa isn't an organization on its own, just like #MeToo isn't an organization. Both are movements and ideologies.

What you are referring to are likely local, self-organized groups labeling themselves as "River City Antifa" or w/e. It sounds like semantics, but when the President made that tweet calling Antifa a "terrorist organization", it actually has super serious consequences for democracy. "Antifa" doesn't actually refer to a specific group of people, which potentially gives the State permission to label anybody they want as "Antifa." Other republicans were commonly mixing "far left" and "Antifa" together, which would be catastrophic if left unchecked.
[+]
By boleslaus21 2020-06-02 01:31:53
Link | Quote | Reply

antifa is an organization not a movement no need to down play their violent tendencies its been know for years what they stand for
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2020-06-02 01:32:33
Link | Quote | Reply

1) The President should not be advocating for citizens to be shot, what the ***?
2) The quote in question is referring to police+military doing the shooting, not property owners. The suggestion is that if you are seen looting, the cops will shoot you. This is EXTREMELY illegal and immoral.
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2020-06-02 01:32:54
Link | Quote | Reply

antifa is an organization not a movement no need to down play their violent tendencies its been know for years what they stand for

Do you know what "organization" means?
By Prong 2020-06-02 01:33:41
Link | Quote | Reply

These are the things that are not helping their cause. Warning, this video is a tad violent.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1267218468279136256
[+]
By boleslaus21 2020-06-02 01:35:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah but, let's all be honest and bi-partisan for a sec...they contact one another on social media and organize, "events." Whether they are an "organization" officially or not is really just semantics. They aren't helping in this case. Their actions just make the legit protesters look bad and it lessens their message behind their criminal activities.

Antifa isn't an organization on its own, just like #MeToo isn't an organization. Both are movements and ideologies.

What you are referring to are likely local, self-organized groups labeling themselves as "River City Antifa" or w/e. It sounds like semantics, but when the President made that tweet calling Antifa a "terrorist organization", it actually has super serious consequences for democracy. "Antifa" doesn't actually refer to a specific group of people, which potentially gives the State permission to label anybody they want as "Antifa." Other republicans were commonly mixing "far left" and "Antifa" together, which would be catastrophic if left unchecked.

it is a far left organiztion and they are terrorist and it is dangerous to democracy to label them as such because?
[+]
By Draylo 2020-06-02 01:35:04
Link | Quote | Reply

These are the things that are not helping their cause. Warning, this video is a tad violent.

This is literally disgusting and revolting.
[+]
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2020-06-02 01:35:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Sure, but why do you care?

Usually when people make this point, they'll say, "it distracts people from their real message!!"

and then I'd say... "you mean how it's distracting YOU from their real message?"

does this delegitimize the cause for you personally? If so, why? Why are the actions of a handful of "bad actors" letting you change your mind about police brutality?
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2020-06-02 01:36:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry, I should rephrase that.

You SHOULD care in general, but you shouldn't let that affect how you view the movement as a whole.
 Leviathan.Andret
Server: Leviathan
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2020-06-02 01:36:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Commodus said: »

Here you go champ.

He LITERALLY did not say that he wants to shoot anyone in this tweet. Again, you are illiterate.[/quote]

Alright wise guy, what does that last part mean then?[/quote]

It means play stupid games, win stupid prizes. You try to steal my property, you get shot.

However, you posted, "The President literally posted a tweet about how he wanted to shoot citizens just for looting." Trump literally never said this. You fantasized this.[/quote]

IDK man, the tweet sounds like a threat. If it came from some random idiot then it doesn't mean anything. It comes from a guy who can use the army, it's a totally different line.

Because you have to ask "who's doing the shooting?" if a random guy says it while holding a gun, you would think he's doing the shooting. Sure there might be some distant sniper doing the shooting instead but you tend to think the guy doing the talking with a gun will do the shooting.

If the chief of police is saying it then you would think he would have the police doing it. You wouldn't think some space alien or the army doing the shooting. You wouldn't think the police chief would be doing the shooting. You would tend to think the guys under the chief of police would be doing the shooting.

If a gangster is saying it, then you would think he or his gangs would do the shooting. Under the gangster order. You wouldn't think Chinese hidden spies would do the shooting or maybe Russian expert GUNDAM pilot. No. It would come from where close to the gangster.

If the president is saying it then it would probably mean the army or similar department. Of course, that would be on his order.
[+]
By boleslaus21 2020-06-02 01:37:08
Link | Quote | Reply

obviously you dont but here google can help you
https://www.google.com/search?q=organization+definition&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS903US903&oq=organization+def&aqs=chrome.0.0j69i57j0l6.7583j1j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
By Prong 2020-06-02 01:37:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok I'm not trying to wade into your anti-Trump or pro-Trump argument, Trump has nothing to do with this IMO.

Fact is, antifa is organized enough to come together in groups. Call that an organization or not, not my concern. If it makes it better, we can call them, "the jobless white kids in black who take checks from adults to riot." Whatever.
[+]
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2020-06-02 01:37:39
Link | Quote | Reply

it is a far left organiztion and they are terrorist and it is dangerous to democracy to label them as such because?

Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2020-06-02 01:40:10
Link | Quote | Reply

obviously you dont but here google can help you
https://www.google.com/search?q=organization+definition&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS903US903&oq=organization+def&aqs=chrome.0.0j69i57j0l6.7583j1j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Quote:
an organized body of people with a particular purpose, especially a business, society, association, etc.

It's like if by "liking books" I'm a part of some organization that "likes books." This is clearly false... but I CAN join a local Book Club, which makes me part of an organization.

Do you see what I mean? Antifa isn't an organization.

EDIT: Emphasis on the word "ORGANIZED"
By boleslaus21 2020-06-02 01:40:50
Link | Quote | Reply

since you missed my last post
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2020-06-02 01:41:57
Link | Quote | Reply

since you missed my last post

answered you buddy
By boleslaus21 2020-06-02 01:42:03
Link | Quote | Reply

it is an anti-fascist organization that uses fascist tactics to get their point across
[+]
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2020-06-02 01:42:39
Link | Quote | Reply

it is an anti-fascist organization that uses fascist tactics to get their point across

By boleslaus21 2020-06-02 01:42:43
Link | Quote | Reply

an organized body of people with a particular purpose, especially a business, society, association, etc.
"a research organization"
By boleslaus21 2020-06-02 01:42:55
Link | Quote | Reply

since you wanna be dumb
By Prong 2020-06-02 01:42:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Usually when people make this point, they'll say, "it distracts people from their real message!!"

and then I'd say... "you mean how it's distracting YOU from their real message?"

does this delegitimize the cause for you personally? If so, why? Why are the actions of a handful of "bad actors" letting you change your mind about police brutality?

Wow, ok. lol. Let me rephrase.

Those who are searching for any reason to delegitimize the message of the marches, things like this just give them more ammunition. So, when someone says things like, "black thugs are yada, yada..." this actually gives them a link to kind of prove their point.

I'm actually shocked you had absolutely nothing to say about the sheer brutality of the actions of these particular protesters and just went straight for my throat about how I shouldn't let these kinds of videos dissuade me. I think you are way too much into, "internet argument mode" and need to go get some herbal tea or something, cool down a bit.
[+]
By boleslaus21 2020-06-02 01:44:18
Link | Quote | Reply

he is a far left socialist who lives on anarchy
[+]
 Asura.Toeknee
Server: Asura
user: Darksyn
By Asura.Toeknee 2020-06-02 01:45:32
Link | Quote | Reply

could also be a bit numb from the videos of.. cops killing black folk

just a guess
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2020-06-02 01:45:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow, ok. lol. Let me rephrase.

Those who are searching for any reason to delegitimize the message of the marches, things like this just give them more ammunition. So, when someone says things like, "black thugs are yada, yada..." this actually gives them a link to kind of prove their point.

I'm actually shocked you had absolutely nothing to say about the sheer brutality of the actions of these particular protesters and just went straight for my throat about how I shouldn't let these kinds of videos dissuade me. I think you are way too much into, "internet argument mode" and need to go get some herbal tea or something, cool down a bit.

I clarified in the following post, yeah. I'm asking about you personally: do you think this is a link to prove that point?

(I turned the video off after a few seconds because I didn't want to see someone get hurt)
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2020-06-02 01:47:31
Link | Quote | Reply

"a research organization"

Yeah, and I posted this above:

Quote:
It's like if by "liking books" I'm a part of some organization that "likes books." This is clearly false... but I CAN join a local Book Club, which makes me part of an organization.

Do you see what I mean? Antifa isn't an organization.

EDIT: Emphasis on the word "ORGANIZED"
By Prong 2020-06-02 01:48:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Toeknee said: »

just a guess

That's a terrible viewpoint but I think you knew that before posting. The people these men were beating had zero to do with any cops killing anyone. Perhaps you would have remotely a point if the video I posted was of blacks beating ex-Officer Chauvin but as it is, you are just trolling.
[+]
By boleslaus21 2020-06-02 01:49:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Toeknee said: »

just a guess
nobody said it wasnt but to justify people gettin maimed for police brutality is the reason there is a divided country now nad the left is the one promoting it by saying the end justifies the means
First Page 2 3 ... 16 17 18 ... 117 118 119