Let's Start A Riot?!?!

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Let's start a riot?!?!
Let's start a riot?!?!
First Page 2 3 ... 14 15 16 ... 117 118 119
 Valefor.Commodus
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: abknight
By Valefor.Commodus 2020-06-02 00:15:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
Valefor.Commodus said: »
Phoenix.Dabackpack said: »
Draylo said: »
This is helping Trump actually. The people getting looted and their businesses and homes destroyed are probably voters and they will be the ones to show up and remember this horror. The far left is advocating for the looting to continue and not to be stopped

Joe Biden is not far left lmfao

Right? Everyone on the right is super scared of this far left boogeyman, meanwhile the actual candidate from "the left" is a boring, middle of the road dude. *** man, dude said his police reform would be to train to shoot at the leg, lol. The far left movement in America is a minority of the leftist party, but everyone's all afraid of them cause they've been taught to be scared.

He never even mentioned biden. You people are illiterate.

Someone covered this but you didn't get there yet so I'll catch you up:

Draylo was arguing people are going to vote for Trump because the far left is in support of this looting. Except the person you'd not vote for is Biden, who is absolutely not far left. So I know logic is a difficult one for some people, but Draylo was effectively saying Biden is the far left since they'll shift their vote away from him because of the far lefts support of looting.

Except he literally never said "biden." When he says it's helping Trump, I presume he means it's helping Trump's message of law and order VS anarchy. There are lots of radical democrats in congress who Trump opposes, and this is also helping Trump VS their positions. You incorrectly assumed he meant something that he did not. Apologize.
 Shiva.Zerowone
Server: Shiva
user: Zerowone
By Shiva.Zerowone 2020-06-02 00:15:33
Link | Quote | Reply

posse comitatus

You been using this phrase incorrectly in two threads now. Revoking Posse Comitatus would be what you keep implying. Invoking the law doesn’t do what you think it does. The law is what protects us citizens from their own military.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
Server: Asura
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2020-06-02 00:18:08
Link | Quote | Reply

This is helping Trump actually. The people getting looted and their businesses and homes destroyed are probably voters and they will be the ones to show up and remember this horror. The far left is advocating for the looting to continue and not to be stopped

Joe Biden is not far left lmfao

Right? Everyone on the right is super scared of this far left boogeyman, meanwhile the actual candidate from "the left" is a boring, middle of the road dude. *** man, dude said his police reform would be to train to shoot at the leg, lol. The far left movement in America is a minority of the leftist party, but everyone's all afraid of them cause they've been taught to be scared.

He never even mentioned biden. You people are illiterate.

Someone covered this but you didn't get there yet so I'll catch you up:

Draylo was arguing people are going to vote for Trump because the far left is in support of this looting. Except the person you'd not vote for is Biden, who is absolutely not far left. So I know logic is a difficult one for some people, but Draylo was effectively saying Biden is the far left since they'll shift their vote away from him because of the far lefts support of looting.

Except he literally never said "biden." When he says it's helping Trump, I presume he means it's helping Trump's message of law and order VS anarchy. There are lots of radical democrats in congress who Trump opposes, and this is also helping Trump VS their positions. You incorrectly assumed he meant something that he did not. Apologize.

You have a complete and total inability to read between any lines, huh. In America, if you vote for Trump, that means you didn't vote for Biden. He doesn't need to specifically mention Biden for his message to involve Biden.
 Valefor.Commodus
By Valefor.Commodus 2020-06-02 00:18:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Ruaumoko said: »
And I'm sure those people will be silent if/when Trump brings in the military and starts mowing down American citizens. Because people like you can't get over the looting and see the whole picture here.
The military will be deployed as a deterrent. Soldiers firing on civilians without first being fired upon is a legit starter for a civil war, everyone knows it and will avoid it.

I think you give our country too much credit. The President literally posted a tweet about how he wanted to shoot citizens just for looting.

Like theoretically, YES, but this is the same country that turned the Coronovirus into a partisan issue somehow. And, you know, elected Trump.

Post a video or tweet from Trump saying this. This is pure leftist fantasy.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-06-02 00:20:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea nuke it.
By boleslaus21 2020-06-02 00:20:41
Link | Quote | Reply

since everyones talking about joe biden

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/25/us/joe-biden-crime-laws.html
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2020-06-02 00:22:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Here's another one for you: More whites are shot by police than every other race, every year.

Here's one for you from your friends at wapo:

But whites aren't out en mass burning, looting, and beating people to death in protest.

Buddy, I KNOW you know what the word "ratio" means.

Go back to the *** graph you posted. 60% of the WHOLE POPULATION is white but only 37% of ALL POLICE FATALITIES are white; 13% of the population is black, but 23.4% of ALL POLICE FATALITIES ARE BLACK

1.8 is way bigger than 0.61!!! As in, the average black person is three times more likely to be killed by a cop.

More white people are dying because America has more white people. Are you daft or just full-on racistposting? If you just admit it's the latter I'll stop pestering you.

You said it, more whites are dying. And whites aren't responding with violence.

blacks are 12.7% of the population but commit 53.1% of ALL MURDERS. Guess why they get shot at a slightly higher rate than their population percentage?

I can't believe I have to explain basic probability to you.

If "police fatality" ignored race, then 60% of fatalities would be white and 13% would be black. These are called "proportions." As I said above, a LARGER PROPORTION of blacks are killed than whites by cops. The raw NUMBER is higher for whites because there are literally 4x more whites than blacks, lmao.

Regarding the latter statistic, we've gone over this. How many scientific papers do you need to accept that you're misinterpreting statistics?
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2020-06-02 00:23:41
Link | Quote | Reply

And I'm sure those people will be silent if/when Trump brings in the military and starts mowing down American citizens. Because people like you can't get over the looting and see the whole picture here.
The military will be deployed as a deterrent. Soldiers firing on civilians without first being fired upon is a legit starter for a civil war, everyone knows it and will avoid it.

I think you give our country too much credit. The President literally posted a tweet about how he wanted to shoot citizens just for looting.

Like theoretically, YES, but this is the same country that turned the Coronovirus into a partisan issue somehow. And, you know, elected Trump.

Here you go champ.

By volkom 2020-06-02 00:26:34
Link | Quote | Reply

That's a warning. Zuckerberg of book face said so
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2020-06-02 00:27:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Trump retweet: https://twitter.com/BuckSexton/status/1266940291216543744

Unless you don't know what "overwhelming force" means?

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1266711221191020544

Quote:
but nobody came close to breaching the fence. If they had they would have been greeted with the most vicious dogs, and most ominous weapons, I have ever seen. That’s when people would have been really badly hurt, at least. Many Secret Service agents just waiting for action. “We put the young ones on the front line, sir, they love it,

If you can read between the lines just a little bit, he's saying the young agents couldn't wait to shoot their guns at someone who breached the fence. Except they're an American citizen...you should arrest them, not make sure they are "badly hurt".

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1266231100780744704

Quote:
Any difficulty and we will assume control but, when the looting starts, the shooting starts.

Do I really have to spell that out for you?

Not to mention this comes well after he's said things like:

https://twitter.com/jfreewright/status/1266210910215028737

https://twitter.com/roe_con/status/1266215870403153920
By boleslaus21 2020-06-02 00:27:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Here you go champ.

damn he shoulda done it then and stopped the riots
 Valefor.Commodus
By Valefor.Commodus 2020-06-02 00:28:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Toeknee said: »
Here's another one for you: More whites are shot by police than every other race, every year.

But whites aren't out en mass burning, looting, and beating people to death in protest.

Go back to the *** graph you posted. 60% of the WHOLE POPULATION is white but only 37% of ALL POLICE FATALITIES are white; 13% of the population is black, but 23.4% of ALL POLICE FATALITIES ARE BLACK

1.8 is way bigger than 0.61!!! As in, the average black person is three times more likely to be killed by a cop.

More white people are dying because America has more white people. Are you daft or just full-on racistposting? If you just admit it's the latter I'll stop pestering you.

blacks are 12.7% of the population but commit 53.1% of ALL MURDERS. Guess why they get shot at a slightly higher rate than their population percentage?

You know this has been gone over countless times (proximity, poverty, gentrification, jim crowe, segregation). It's ok to say you're racist, this is a safe internet space, i'm sure you'll have a few supporters by your side

Endless excuses for extreme violence. tHey'Re vIoLenT bECauSe tHeY LiVe ClosE toGEthER AnD ARe PoOR. Mass numbers of hispanics live in the same poverty and proximity and don't commit anywhere near those levels of violent crime. They've also been in the United States for a FAR shorter time than blacks and have dealt with all manner of their own problems and "oppression" before getting here. Make more excuses.
[+]
By Prong 2020-06-02 00:31:17
Link | Quote | Reply

The dude was flat out killed by a cop with an ego. Did the cop MEAN to kill him? Who knows. Did he do what he did BECAUSE Floyd was black? Who knows. But the fact that he sat on his neck for nearly 9 minutes, 2 MINUTES AFTER Mr. Floyd was unresponsive is not only inconceivable to me, but deserving of a murder charge in and of itself. I don't care if he had fentanyl and meth in his system or a copy of the Titanic on VHS jammed up his arse, absolutely no reason to sit on a guy's neck for 9 minutes and not listen to his pleas.

That being said, the morons looting stores and burning cars are not doing so because, "they are fed up" so everyone can stop that narrative right now. As was previously spoken, these same opportunists would do this if there were a hurricane. Who were they fed up with then?

Peaceful protests, all for it. Blocking highways....eh, not so much. Don't see how that is helping your cause. Looting/burning/beating anyone white...yeah, you need to go to prison for a long time. You're too stupid to live among us.

The part about the media though....they focus on this now, 4 more people dead for no reason when it should have ended with the unfortunate Mr. Floyd. The media tells us just a week ago if we protest to end the lockdown to save our homes and businesses, we are selfish, right wing nuts who don't care about the safety of others. Now suddenly, the media doesn't say one peep about the rioters social distancing. Makes you think maybe the media never really cared in the first place about transferring the virus...
[+]
 Asura.Toeknee
user: Darksyn
By Asura.Toeknee 2020-06-02 00:33:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Toeknee said: »

You know this has been gone over countless times (proximity, poverty, gentrification, jim crowe, segregation). It's ok to say you're racist, this is a safe internet space, i'm sure you'll have a few supporters by your side

Endless excuses for extreme violence. tHey'Re vIoLenT bECauSe tHeY LiVe ClosE toGEthER AnD ARe PoOR. Mass numbers of hispanics live in the same poverty and proximity and don't commit anywhere near those levels of violent crime. They've also been in the United States for a FAR shorter time than blacks and have dealt with all manner of their own problems and "oppression" before getting here. Make more excuses.

You wanted an answer, it was given - now that answer that you asked for is an excuse? I thought this was about the evil angry warmongering blacks you despised to much, when and why are hispanics now a part of the conversation?

Weren't you right wingers trying to get all the hispanics out for being violent rapists and criminals etc? Now they're cool? What are you even trying to argue other than you believe white folks are superior at this point lol
[+]
By Draylo 2020-06-02 00:33:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Exactly what I said in the other thread. The media was shaming people for leaving their homes to recover their lives, now they say nothing but actively encourage the looters.
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2020-06-02 00:35:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Prong said: »

The part about the media though....they focus on this now, 4 more people dead for no reason when it should have ended with the unfortunate Mr. Floyd. The media tells us just a week ago if we protest to end the lockdown to save our homes and businesses, we are selfish, right wing nuts who don't care about the safety of others. Now suddenly, the media doesn't say one peep about the rioters social distancing. Makes you think maybe the media never really cared in the first place about transferring the virus...

This is patently false. I visited my mom and CNN was in the background and for 3 hours straight they kept *** focusing on "MUH LOOTING" and "MUH SOCIAL DISTANCING." CNN of all *** channels criticized the riots.

idk how much of the actual hourly news you've been watching but they are absolutely not in support of the riots.
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2020-06-02 00:35:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Exactly what I said in the other thread. The media was shaming people for leaving their homes to recover their lives, now they say nothing but actively encourage the looters.

this is literally a lie
 Shiva.Zerowone
Server: Shiva
user: Zerowone
By Shiva.Zerowone 2020-06-02 00:35:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Here you go champ.

The problem is numb nuts here won’t acknowledge the phrase is taken from Sheriff Walter Headley. Along with it’s implied meaning.

Much akin to their confusing the Insurrection Act of 1807 with the Posse Comitatus Act of 1878.

Very similar to how they acknowledge nominally speaking more white people are victims of police violence than any other race then ignores the implications that whites must therefore be involved in more crimes than any other race (reflected in FBI data). Yet claims matter of factly that “blacks” commit the most crimes despite the data they’re referring to, saying the contrary.
[+]
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2020-06-02 00:37:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Zerowone said: »

Here you go champ.

The problem is numb nuts here won’t acknowledge the phrase is taken from Sheriff Walter Headley. Along with it’s implied meaning.

Much akin to their confusing the Insurrection Act of 1807 with the Posse Comitatus Act of 1878.

Very similar to how they acknowledge nominally speaking more white people are victims of police violence than any other race then ignores the implications that whites must therefore be involved in more crimes than any other race (reflected in FBI data). Yet claims matter of factly that “blacks” commit the most crimes despite the data they’re referring to, saying the contrary.

Also unironically using UCR data to support their arguments about crime rates
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-06-02 00:38:21
Link | Quote | Reply

oh- so I can say offensive quotes from others without at a minimum implying my agreement with that quote? One sec while I grab my copy of Mein Kampf for streusel recipes!
By boleslaus21 2020-06-02 00:39:08
Link | Quote | Reply

this is literally a lie

are you being serious now? ***was all over facts I don't like cnn for weeks.
[+]
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2020-06-02 00:40:16
Link | Quote | Reply

boleslaus21 said: »

this is literally a lie

are you being serious now? ***was all over facts I don't like cnn for weeks.

Nah I'm talking about the "actively encouraging the looters" part, that is a lie
 Asura.Sirris
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2020-06-02 00:41:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Except America overall has been shifting more and more right and gaslighting the left as getting more extreme. This isn't about two sides becoming more and more extreme, one side has gotten so extreme they think *** NORMAL is extreme.
You're referring to the Overton Window. I'm just Johnny Foreigner looking in but even I can see that a sizeable amount of Americans are actually with the Democrats on the issues which currently occupy the Overton Window's frame. No, the issue is that the fringe elements of the Democrats (Cancel Culture, #MeToo, Black Lives Matter, etc) are the tail wagging the dog and most moderate/swing voters can see it. The same thing goes for the Republicans as well.

You made this post as an outsider and you show your *** a bit here. None of the three things you list are actually fringe elements of the Democratic Party.

Cancel Culture:

This is just about holding powerful people accountable for their behavior. It's not partisan, even. Organizing boycotts and speaking out on social media against these people is not some fringe idea.

#metoo:

As far as #metoo, this is a reaction, in large part, to this stat:

Quote:
that for every 1,000 rapes, 384 are reported to police, 57 result in an arrest, 11 are referred for prosecution, 7 result in a felony conviction, and 6 result in incarceration.

So in cases where sexual assault, abuse, or harassment occurs, and there's not the likelihood of a conviction or institutional redress, this movement has given victims a chance be heard.

Black Lives Matter:

There's been a lot of posts on this already in the thread, on the disproportionate and unjust violence by police against black folks, but I want to address something that you may not understand- black Americans are the most reliable Democratic voting bloc. In almost every Democratic primary election black voters outright pick the nominee. About 9/10 black voters, and over 95% of black women, vote for Democrats in the general election. Black Lives Matter is a black-centric push for criminal justice reform. Black people are the Democratic base. It is a mainstream movement for Dems.

If the Democrats got the fringe element of their party quarantined and brought forward more moderate policies then they'd absolutely crush it at elections. Some of the policies the Democrats are currently championing are too extreme even by European Socialism standards, and I say this as one who has lived in nations under such administrations.

... you live in a country that has basically a parliamentary system and more differentiation between parties, unlike the US's "first past the post" system. Here in America the Democratic Party is a big tent party that encompasses policies from ideologies ranging from democratic socialism to neoliberalism. There's no way to "quarantine" the left. If the Democrats managed to do so, we would form a third party and the Democrats would not win the presidency again until they began to make more progressive policy pitches.
[+]
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2020-06-02 00:41:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Celebrindal said: »
oh- so I can say offensive quotes from others without at a minimum implying my agreement with that quote? One sec while I grab my copy of Mein Kampf for streusel recipes!

yeah you can say whatever you want now, and when you're called out for it you can just say you had no idea what you meant when you said it! thanks Papa Trump
 Valefor.Commodus
By Valefor.Commodus 2020-06-02 00:43:40
Link | Quote | Reply

If "police fatality" ignored race, then 60% of fatalities would be white and 13% would be black. These are called "proportions." As I said above, a LARGER PROPORTION of blacks are killed than whites by cops. The raw NUMBER is higher for whites because there are literally 4x more whites than blacks, lmao.

Regarding the latter statistic, we've gone over this. How many scientific papers do you need to accept that you're misinterpreting statistics?

This isn't how it works at all. Police shootings aren't proportional to the percentage of the population of each race. blacks are shot at a rate 10% higher than their portion of the population because they commit murder at a rate 40.4% higher than their percentage of the population and total violent crime at a rate 24.8% higher than their percentage of the population.

More total whites are still being shot by cops AND by blacks. Speaking of proportions, blacks murder whites at more than twice the rate that whites murder blacks. yikes.
 Valefor.Commodus
By Valefor.Commodus 2020-06-02 00:45:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Here you go champ.

He LITERALLY did not say that he wants to shoot anyone in this tweet. Again, you are illiterate.
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2020-06-02 00:46:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Police shootings aren't proportional to the percentage of the population of each race. blacks are shot at a rate 10% higher than their portion of the population because they commit murder at a rate 40.4% higher than their percentage of the population

I'm gonna stop you there. Are you gonna justify that "because", or...?
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2020-06-02 00:46:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Here you go champ.

He LITERALLY did not say that he wants to shoot anyone in this tweet. Again, you are illiterate.

Alright wise guy, what does that last part mean then?
By Prong 2020-06-02 00:47:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Prong said: »

This is patently false. I visited my mom and CNN was in the background and for 3 hours straight they kept *** focusing on "MUH LOOTING" and "MUH SOCIAL DISTANCING." CNN of all *** channels criticized the riots.

idk how much of the actual hourly news you've been watching but they are absolutely not in support of the riots.

Unfortunately I am currently unemployed and literally have most of the day to watch and honestly have not seen what you have, at all. All I have seen is, "These rioters are just fed up!" when like over half the crowd was white.
 Valefor.Commodus
By Valefor.Commodus 2020-06-02 00:48:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Trump retweet: https://twitter.com/BuckSexton/status/1266940291216543744

Unless you don't know what "overwhelming force" means?

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1266711221191020544

Quote:
but nobody came close to breaching the fence. If they had they would have been greeted with the most vicious dogs, and most ominous weapons, I have ever seen. That’s when people would have been really badly hurt, at least. Many Secret Service agents just waiting for action. “We put the young ones on the front line, sir, they love it,

If you can read between the lines just a little bit, he's saying the young agents couldn't wait to shoot their guns at someone who breached the fence. Except they're an American citizen...you should arrest them, not make sure they are "badly hurt".

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1266231100780744704

Quote:
Any difficulty and we will assume control but, when the looting starts, the shooting starts.

Do I really have to spell that out for you?

Not to mention this comes well after he's said things like:

https://twitter.com/jfreewright/status/1266210910215028737

https://twitter.com/roe_con/status/1266215870403153920

If you storm the white house, you get killed. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. If obama was living there, you'd be calling for people's heads if they tried to jump the fence to get after him. This isn't a video game.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 14 15 16 ... 117 118 119