Is There Any LS That Still Merc Aeonics?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Odin » Is there any LS that still Merc Aeonics?
Is there any LS that still Merc Aeonics?
 Odin.Ehleni
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Ehleni
By Odin.Ehleni 2020-05-26 03:52:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Most of the threads out there seems to state that people has taken a break from Aeonic Mercing.

Is there anyone that still does this? If so, what's your price? :)
 Leviathan.Draugo
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-05-26 06:27:12
Link | Quote | Reply

1 billion gil per boss, you kill it with us. All drops are reserved.
By Pantafernando 2020-05-26 07:11:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I do for 999.999.999. Server transfer is on you
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [457 days between previous and next post]
 Odin.Ehleni
By Odin.Ehleni 2021-08-26 15:20:56
Link | Quote | Reply

So one year later. Still a relevant question!

Bump!

Any LS still offering Aeonic Merc runs? :(
user: tallica
By Odin.Kingofthenorth 2021-08-26 16:13:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Always some dude shouting for that. I believe they charge 50m.
 Odin.Ehleni
By Odin.Ehleni 2021-08-26 16:30:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah but they are (to my understanding) Chinese RMT and their english suck. And I cannot book a date. It's always short notice and during hours that I'm not available. Can I at least plan ahead I can manage. :(
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2021-08-26 16:49:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Probably won't help you since different servers but we still do Aeonic merc runs on bahamut every 3 weeks. We have carried 10 before at once but I prefer to take 8 guests per run. They generally fill up with 8 guests and are usually in a full alliance with 8-10 Gunslingers (sometimes we box GEOs), and clear times are usually around 3.5 from the first popped NM to the last. Generally melee everything and only bring a tank or manawall blm for 4 of the helms at this point.

The rmt who do them on bahamut are total trash, they takes 8-10 hours to carry 1-2 with a bunch of Nirvana SMN bots. Always good for some laughs to watch them wipe consistently on Kirin, Vini, Albumen, zerde etc. Must be hard to *** up conduit but these guys are pro at that. I don't think they get many buyers, usually it's JP players who don't know about the 3 very good groups who still merc them here, or returnees that don't know any better.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-08-26 16:51:26
Link | Quote | Reply

can vouch that lex's ppl are professional and treat their customers like people, not just gil. Wrong server for you, but if your best option ends up being a transfer, you can't do much better than Gunslingers.
By RadialArcana 2021-08-26 16:53:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Ehleni said: »
Yeah but they are (to my understanding) Chinese RMT and their english suck. And I cannot book a date. It's always short notice and during hours that I'm not available. Can I at least plan ahead I can manage. :(

Pay for a server swap to Asura, pay 25m for the 3 zone clears here and then be back on your own server in 3 days.

They do them almost every day.
By Mrgrim 2021-08-26 17:19:08
Link | Quote | Reply

If you on a budget you can go to asura and have the smn squad clear for ya. If u want that fast and on a predetermined date then you can go with Lexouritis's squad. I've taken a break from clearing aeonics, and only clear if like 3-4 people ask me to make it worthwhile for me and my Aeonic partner XD.
 Odin.Ehleni
By Odin.Ehleni 2021-08-27 02:10:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the replies. I have not ruled out the server transfer since I have spoken to most of the LS leaders on Odin and the top tier has either stopped doing Aeonics or has shut down their end-game.

@Lexouritis - I have checked out your thread and I can see you're doing your runs on fridays/saturdays. I'll send you a PM :)
 Odin.Senaki
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2021-08-27 05:12:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I am not a merc, but am curious. Are you trying to clear all three zones from scratch, or stuck on a certain NM or something?

I ask because it seems like you're a REMA Brd. So you should be able to find an aeonic group on Odin without issue.
 Odin.Ehleni
By Odin.Ehleni 2021-08-27 09:34:19
Link | Quote | Reply

@Senaki - I'm looking for a full clear from scratch.

Well the problem is that I have very limited playing hours due to small children, full-time job and a part-time job as a technical author. But I have been playing FFXI on and off since 2004 and want to still be able to play whenever I allow myself to get time off. Coming from a high-end LS on Cerberus (back in the old days) I have a hard time settling for mid-tier gear but I have limited play hours to join a high-end LS that requires me to be present at events.

So that is why I play FFXI like a Single player game with online features, do the stuff I can solo and merc the high-end stuff that I don't have time to do, gathering all the people it requires. Being an EU player does not help with the timezones since 90% of all LS's are in NA which starts the event at 01:00AM - 03:00AM my time. The mercing is just a really easy way to obtain the final pieces to get BiS items.

This is just to ensure that when I finally do play, I'm not gimped and perform 100% on events with other people. :)

I hope that in the near future when the kids have gotten older I can join a high-end LS and play regularly.