'Remapster' Project: HD Maps for FFXI
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Asura.Lileth
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Etherion
By Asura.Lileth 2022-08-23 11:16:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Just wanted to give my thanks again for this amazing project. I've been playing FFXI for a long time, and always wanted to have these kinds of high-res, stunningly beautiful maps you are producing.

I'd like to make a request for a specific map you haven't made yet:Jugner Forest (S). The zone is difficult to navigate, even for long-time players who completed WoTG missions once and are doing it again on other chars.

The entire northeast part (roughly the rectangle I-L / 5-7) which you reach from Batallia Downs (S) is essentially a closed sub-zone due to barriers blocking progress into the other parts. Could this be distinctly shaded, or surrounded by some sort of border?

The area in the NW, with the zone to East Ronfaure (S) is also a fenced off subzone. A one-way ramp at G-7 is the only way in.

Could we have arrows for all one-way barriers/ramps?

Basically, I'd like a map that shows how to get from A to B at a glance without lots of backtracking.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-08-23 12:40:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought the NW part connected to the S part of the zone after you got the Sliced Pole for the gates.
By Tanag 2022-09-07 22:24:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Found a small issue in Jugner. This spot at J-9 is a pond.

[+]
By RadialArcana 2022-09-21 09:06:48
Link | Quote | Reply

FFXIDB has been updated it seems, it now shows updated maps. Guessing it works witih XIPivot if it's installed?
[+]
 Asura.Akaden
By Asura.Akaden 2022-09-21 09:36:35
Link | Quote | Reply

RadialArcana said: »
FFXIDB has been updated it seems, it now shows updated maps. Guessing it works witih XIPivot if it's installed?

No, it doesn't work with xipivot, but what the new version does is understand higher resolution custom map images. I just released the pack for ffxidb this morning. I did a bit of testing, but I wanted to do more, just to be sure the images were properly named for all the weird zone setups this game has. I think I checked all of the weird ones, so hopefully I didn't miss any. :)

Link to the download: https://github.com/AkadenTK/remapster_maps/releases/edit/map_pack

I also have an update on pack 3. We're progressing slowly, but we are progressing. Main issue is life events tying both of us down. We have a private alpha of the addon with a few other windower addon devs right now. Getting some good testing done. :)

Have some new ideas for the UI that we want to try before we do a public beta, but we'll announce here when we're ready for that. It will likely be some time after pack 3 is out.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2022-09-21 09:45:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Well when I turn off XIpivot it shows the old maps and when I turn it on i get the new maps.
[+]
 Odin.Talym
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Talym
By Odin.Talym 2022-09-21 10:10:07
Link | Quote | Reply

FFXIDB actually was updated very recently and now does work with XIPivot. You'll need to have version 1.2.0.0 of FFXIDB.dll, but that's been pushed live already.
[+]
 Asura.Akaden
By Asura.Akaden 2022-09-21 10:23:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Talym said: »
FFXIDB actually was updated very recently and now does work with XIPivot. You'll need to have version 1.2.0.0 of FFXIDB.dll, but that's been pushed live already.
Very cool! It was recently updated to fix using the larger images so that's what I thought we were talking about. Sorry about that,

The minimap pack does have a different scale for the markers though. They're smaller as the intent is to view them zoomed in most of the time. So if you want it still, it does provide some use.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By silvchan 2022-09-21 19:37:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I had that when I logged in as well, fixed by scrolling in one zoom click.
 Odin.Talym
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Talym
By Odin.Talym 2022-09-21 21:34:01
Link | Quote | Reply

It's just artifacts due to the nature of scaling available in Windower 4. As Akaden mentioned, you may still want to use the Remapster map pack designed specifically for FFXIDB. In addition to rendering a little more cleanly, I believe that some details like icons will be sized more appropriately for a minimap.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2022-09-22 03:12:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I wish there was a way to just install maps in the plugin folder for it, then people could make maps for it specifically.

Also is there a way to make the map force a set zoom as the default? I end up fiddling with it every time I zone.
[+]
 Asura.Akaden
By Asura.Akaden 2022-09-22 09:13:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I wish there was a way to just install maps in the plugin folder for it, then people could make maps for it specifically.
For ffxidb? You definitely can now. It accepts the 2048x2048 maps that I put in the github release. Those are PNGs, not DATs. There's a folder: .\Windower4\plugins\FFXIDB\map\maps

Put the pngs in that folder with the zoneID_mapID.png name structure and it will pick them up. The pack I released yesterday is intended for minimap usage: the markers are smaller as they're intended to be used zoomed in. The DATs that we've released use slightly larger markers because in-game they look better fully zoomed out.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [101 days between previous and next post]
By Wiking 2023-01-01 08:11:35
Link | Quote | Reply

FFXIDB works great. Stupid me didn't know you could use the scroll on your mouse to zoom in and out haha.
[+]
By Yawley 2023-01-06 00:19:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I really love the HD maps, especially now that it's playing nice with FFXIDB.

However, I'm having a problem that I think is being caused by it.

Sometimes while logged in, I'll get a console message saying: "Map: Could not create map." and when I try to pull up my map, I get a grey screen.

From there, I can see from a home point that some maps are not loading but others are. If I zone to one of those grey map zones, I get a runtime error that crashes my game.

I've reinstalled the maps twice and even reformatted my computer since then, but the problem persists.

Is anyone else having this error? The only other plugin that I started using around the same time that I installed the HD maps was FFXIVCrossbar, but I'm not sure that's causing an issue.
 Bismarck.Xurion
Server: Bismarck
user: Xurion
By Bismarck.Xurion 2023-01-06 04:18:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I had a crash issue the other day from what seemed out of nowhere. I narrowed it down to being FFXIDB, so I currently have it disabled and the game no longer crashes. I can't recall which zone it was though - do you recall which?

Sorry if your attachments show the zone; my work VPN blocks all Discord hosted stuff.
By Yawley 2023-01-06 04:33:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Xurion said: »
I had a crash issue the other day from what seemed out of nowhere. I narrowed it down to being FFXIDB, so I currently have it disabled and the game no longer crashes. I can't recall which zone it was though - do you recall which?

Sorry if your attachments show the zone; my work VPN blocks all Discord hosted stuff.
That's a good point. I'll run it for a few days without FFXIDB and see if it crashes.

The zone in my example was Bastok Markets. I tried Windurst Waters beforehand because the south map was loading but not the north map. No crash there when I teleported to the south map.
By RadialArcana 2023-01-06 04:48:04
Link | Quote | Reply

This isn't at me but I spent a lot of time messing with these creating my own versions of these files

Are you using an SSD? Im guessing you are.
XIpivot or just direct file replacement?
Are you using the addon that increases zone time?
Does it always happen on specific areas, as in can you repeat it (try norg as a hotspot).
Also I'm guessing retail.
By Yawley 2023-01-06 05:02:03
Link | Quote | Reply

This isn't at me but I spent a lot of time messing with these creating my own versions of these files

Are you using an SSD? Im guessing you are.
XIpivot or just direct file replacement?
Are you using the addon that increases zone time?
Does it always happen on specific areas, as in can you repeat it (try norg as a hotspot).

Yes, I'm using an SSD.
I am using XIPivot.
I am not using ZoneTimer.
There doesn't seem to be much rhyme or reason to the zones it picks, but I'll mark them down next time. I know that when I zone somewhere, I get that "Map: Could not create map." message. That's when the zone I'm in currently has a grey map and if I zone into another grey map zone, it crashes.
By RadialArcana 2023-01-06 05:07:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Retail and not a private server right?

You'll find it is very specific to certain zones.

There is a minor bug with map mods for certain areas, it's not a huge problem normally but the map addon obviously doesn't like it if the images are not ready when it asks and is crashing out when it comes to them.

If you are on retail, go back a few pages and try install the map zip I uploaded. It might fix the problem in the zones listed in the readme.
[+]
By Yawley 2023-01-06 22:34:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Retail and not a private server right?

You'll find it is very specific to certain zones.

There is a minor bug with map mods for certain areas, it's not a huge problem normally but the map addon obviously doesn't like it if the images are not ready when it asks and is crashing out when it comes to them.

If you are on retail, go back a few pages and try install the map zip I uploaded. It might fix the problem in the zones listed in the readme.
Yeah, I'm on retail. Thank you! I will give it an install and report back in a couple days!

EDIT: I have been crashless for a few days! Thank you.
 Leviathan.Draugo
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2023-01-24 00:02:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Clean Sortie ingame map DATS anywhere? and also latest version of other skinned maps?
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [51 days between previous and next post]
By Draylo 2023-03-16 02:10:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Is this still being worked on? Something I don't get, the Nyzul maps are the warps aren't labeled for Salvage entrances. It just says A B C D, just wondering how thats helpful or is it an artistic reason? The old maps weren't as pretty but they were helpful information wise.
[+]
 Asura.Akaden
By Asura.Akaden 2023-03-16 09:25:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
Is this still being worked on?
Yes! We're on a little bit of a hiatus as both of us have some life stuff going on and can't focus on it as much as we had been.

Draylo said: »
the Nyzul maps are the warps aren't labeled for Salvage entrances.
The labels can certainly be added. We do have some more icons that haven't made it to the composited versions yet as well. Unity and Voidwatch rifts being one. I just recently finished all of those for the releasable maps, so I can run the compositing script with those enabled, if I can find the time to sit down and do it.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [282 days between previous and next post]
By Wiking 2023-12-23 14:14:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Is this project still going? Love the work so far.
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2023-12-23 14:17:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Wiking said: »

Asura.Akaden said: »
Yes! We're on a little bit of a hiatus as both of us have some life stuff going on and can't focus on it as much as we had been.

I think that is still the answer, but it has been in alpha since August 2022
[+]
By Wiking 2023-12-24 19:27:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bippin said: »
Wiking said: »

Asura.Akaden said: »

I think that is still the answer, but it has been in alpha since August 2022

And I totaly understand if they will not finish it, considering the age of FFXI and the lower player base.
By Moonlightagb 2024-01-02 06:58:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Recently downloaded this and it's AMAZING! Great job!
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
Server: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2024-01-02 07:47:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I finally caved and downloaded it the other day myself. I like keeping my FFXI interface as vanilla as possible, but this just looked good when I saw it on stream.