Job Adjustments And Additions: Part II (10/21/2009)

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Job Adjustments and Additions: Part II (10/21/2009)
Job Adjustments and Additions: Part II (10/21/2009)
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Caitsith.Heimdall
Server: Caitsith
Game: FFXI
user: Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2009-10-21 07:03:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Myrien said:
The biggest problem with it is you cannot rest while an avatar is out. That means in 99% of the time it is entirely unfeasible and undesirable to have an avatar out for longer than 5 min+, because you'll likely be out of mp and unable to do anything except provide a 4-5 mp/tick refresh.

The refresh would apply to the SMN as well, surely?[/quote]

well carby can be out for free and still have native auto refresh working so can spam healing ruby II. right now my garudas down to like 4 mp a tick and i still need 2 more - prep pieces. if memory servers fenrir is less then others sept carby. diabolos has the most expensive but with the refresh it might negate that along with reduced prep cost . Also remember with/sch smner can be refilling there mp for around 250 every so many mins.
 Fenrir.Razushu
Server: Fenrir
user: Razushu
By Fenrir.Razushu 2009-10-21 07:03:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Arroon said:

Although i agree Smn are not full time buffers, i do have to say that any Smn worth his/her salt can perminantly keep 2-3 buffs up at a time. not just restricted to 1. This gets alot easier at high levels when alot of Smn Magic skill+ gear becomes available

Agreed i kept Ecliptical howl and ecliptical growl and hastega on a bird party pretty much full time once with no summoning magic skill over cap with little trouble
 Fairy.Myrien
Server: Fairy
user: Myrien
By Fairy.Myrien 2009-10-21 07:04:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Wooooodum said:
The refresh would apply to the SMN as well, surely?

If SE gives enough refresh/-perp to regenerate MP faster than resting then they'll have finally broken this game.

Without it giving an accuracy or haste bonus, I just don't see it being worthwhile to keep out for long enough to establish a big boost. You're missing out on way too much hMP.
 Kujata.Segaia
Server: Kujata
user: Segaia
By Kujata.Segaia 2009-10-21 07:05:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Blindphleb said:
:/ Hastega for 128mp sounds ok to me...

Costs my Rdm 200mp to put it on only 5 people.

I agree that smn isn't a buffer in the Brd or Cor sense, but to deny that smn has unique buffing abilities that were obviously enhanced in this update is shortsighted. It's not like SE suddenly pulled the idea that smn should be a buffing job out of thin air.

Never had any critique about their buffs, because i very much welcome them at any time. It is the MP-cost that at first look might be ok, but adding the perp. cost for the duration and the execution of the buff with the actually mp-cost for the summon you get numbers that are too high to call them "efficient". Since the introduction of SCH this even became more the truth. Sure, SMNs have a lot mp to support theese abilities, but still it is unfair in comparison to other jobs.

That's why i said that it is a good update for SMN. Theese buffs actually are awesome in terms of MP-effiency in comparison to BP:W-abilities if they work how SE explains them.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Server: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-10-21 07:05:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Razushu said:
Agreed i kept Ecliptical howl and ecliptical growl and hastega on a bird party pretty much full time once with no summoning magic skill over cap with little trouble

Segaia was referring to the bonuses from having the avatar out, since those are the ones being compared to Corsair. You can only have one avatar out at a time, so therefore, you can only have one of these new buffs active at a time.

Whereas, Corsair's can have two rolls active at once.
 Siren.Ihm
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Ihm
By Siren.Ihm 2009-10-21 07:08:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm pretty sure they will effect the SMN due to the fact, Ifrit is out and the SMN is engaged, makes me thinks the SMN is doing it due to Ifrits buff, maybe thats just me though?
 Caitsith.Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2009-10-21 07:09:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Nightmare gloves + sleep potions + tp collar + spirit taker lol

or hope staff with spirit taker spam
 Valefor.Shadowgabriel
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Shadowgabriel 2009-10-21 07:09:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Um just a small point but corsairs "lucky" refresh roll without a smn is only 3mp/tic as it's an 11 roll which gives 4. Still nice to see that smns get an upgrade at last though ^.^
 Bahamut.Branwen
Server: Bahamut
user: Branwen
By Bahamut.Branwen 2009-10-21 07:11:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Theyve managed to update the job to make it even less of a DD job and even more support... woo go SE!
 Ragnarok.Blindphleb
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Blindphleb 2009-10-21 07:11:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Wooooodum said:
Blindphleb said:
but to deny that smn has unique buffing abilities that were obviously enhanced in this update is shortsighted. It's not like SE suddenly pulled the idea that smn should be a buffing job out of thin air.

Nobody was doing that.

Then I must have misunderstood your stance, my apologies.
 Fenrir.Razushu
Server: Fenrir
user: Razushu
By Fenrir.Razushu 2009-10-21 07:12:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Wooooodum said:
Razushu said:

Segaia was referring to the bonuses from having the avatar out, since those are the ones being compared to Corsair. You can only have one avatar out at a time, so therefore, you can only have one of these new buffs active at a time.

Whereas, Corsair's can have two rolls active at once.

Sorry I was referring to Arroon's reply to Segaia that we can have 2-3 buff going at once without anything special needed
 Fairy.Myrien
Server: Fairy
user: Myrien
By Fairy.Myrien 2009-10-21 07:16:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Rowland said:
So basically, I can start going smn to dynamis now and have a free diabolos (most likely in the blm party)?

You don't want BST or SMN pets active because they can interfere with sleeping and get people killed.
 Caitsith.Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2009-10-21 07:19:24
Link | Quote | Reply

just a thought, with being able control what tp move your pet does like having it do breath moves as shown with the fungar would Saurian Helm increase that move since bst can wear it?
 Bahamut.Branwen
By Bahamut.Branwen 2009-10-21 07:19:57
Link | Quote | Reply

It doesnt say how much the - perp will be. It's either going to be a massive amount of - perp, which will mean smn can use their avatars without burning through all their mp, BUT I would think if this happens the energy "channeled" from your avatar will make it usless at doing anything vaguely DD orientated.
Or, its going to only have a small effect on the - perp, and less of a dent in the energy "channeled" from them.
I might be reading this wrong, but it looks like we gimp our avatar in exchange for buffs.
 Caitsith.Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2009-10-21 07:21:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Myrien said:
Rowland said:
So basically, I can start going smn to dynamis now and have a free diabolos (most likely in the blm party)?

You don't want BST or SMN pets active because they can interfere with sleeping and get people killed.

naa gone smner several time and been no probs, bst might be more cus would take to long to engage then hit the jas to be effective assuming yor group kills mobs fast.
 Bahamut.Branwen
By Bahamut.Branwen 2009-10-21 07:23:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Myrien said:
Rowland said:

What would be awesome is the ability to turn your avatars/pets auto attack off. Would mean that SMN and BST are less likely to wipe a pt due to their pets need to hit anything that their master has hate on.
 Caitsith.Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2009-10-21 07:24:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Branwen said:
It doesnt say how much the - perp will be. It's either going to be a massive amount of - perp, which will mean smn can use their avatars without burning through all their mp, BUT I would think if this happens the energy "channeled" from your avatar will make it usless at doing anything vaguely DD orientated.
Or, its going to only have a small effect on the - perp, and less of a dent in the energy "channeled" from them.
I might be reading this wrong, but it looks like we gimp our avatar in exchange for buffs.

if u /sch u can use subligation for bps mp + dark arts aspir if mob has mp and if u can get away with dding (no resting means able use acc food instead cookies) can do spirit taker.
 Caitsith.Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2009-10-21 07:26:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Branwen said:
Myrien said:
Rowland said:

What would be awesome is the ability to turn your avatars/pets auto attack off. Would mean that SMN and BST are less likely to wipe a pt due to their pets need to hit anything that their master has hate on.

need that in sea , died couple time cus forgot to get rid avatar when running and those goldfish started following me ; ;
 Remora.Ninian
Server: Remora
user: Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2009-10-21 07:29:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I can see me being SMN in BLM parties now during Dynamis. That's probably it, though. *** awesome still, I love SMN.
 Asura.Korpg
Server: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-10-21 07:29:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Branwen said:

Hell, even if its only perp-2, I will still get free Gaurda and +1 perp Carby (most everyone will get +1 Carby, those with YYR will get +2 Carby)......

....now that I think about it, this ability just made YYR usable.

And I don't think it will weaken the avatar at all to be honest. This is just a boost to get SMNs into parties more often and not be a bad WHM.
 Bahamut.Branwen
By Bahamut.Branwen 2009-10-21 07:31:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Heimdall said:
Branwen said:

if u /sch u can use subligation for bps mp + dark arts aspir if mob has mp and if u can get away with dding (no resting means able use acc food instead cookies) can do spirit taker.

All well and good for solo, but can you see an imp party letting smn melee? Even if they did its not a good idea with amnesia *** blocking your ja's.
 Bahamut.Branwen
By Bahamut.Branwen 2009-10-21 07:33:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Korpg said:

And I don't think it will weaken the avatar at all to be honest. This is just a boost to get SMNs into parties more often and not be a bad WHM.

There has to be a downside..... if theres not ill eat my evoker's horn.
 Caitsith.Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2009-10-21 07:35:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Korpg said:
Branwen said:

Hell, even if its only perp-2, I will still get free Gaurda and +1 perp Carby (most everyone will get +1 Carby, those with YYR will get +2 Carby)......

what have u been using instead of yyr then? i'm already getting auto refrsh on carby to only question is in what order with the - prep effect be counted with the auto refreshs..
 Remora.Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2009-10-21 07:42:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Heimdall said:
Korpg said:
Branwen said:

what have u been using instead of yyr then? i'm already getting auto refrsh on carby to only question is in what order with the - prep effect be counted with the auto refreshs..

Even with YYR and -perp stuff you'll only get a 1/tick Carby.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Caitsith.Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2009-10-21 07:44:46
Link | Quote | Reply

umm 1 tick + or - and u mean now or after update?
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Server: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-10-21 07:47:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Chaussette said:
WHO SAYS REFRESH 3/tick , you guy dreaming its more likely 1/tick

Square Enix? <_<

Quote:
The effect's potency will gradually increase until the avatar is released, and at its peak, can be expected to reach levels equal to those granted by the corsair's lucky number roll.

Without SMN lucky roll is 3 MP Refresh, with Commodore Tricorne Bonus / SMN that's 4 MP Refresh.
 Remora.Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2009-10-21 07:47:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Heimdall said:
umm 1 tick + or - and u mean now or after update?

Oh sorry, you refresh one tick with Carby out with nearly full perp- gear (at least enough to cover Carby) and YYR, and this is now. After update it'll probably be the same, I think smn's auto refresh is negated with a summon out. I have an Apollo's staff, YYR, occasionally SMNs horn for -3, Carby mitts, Evoker's ring/Conjurer's Ring, AF+1 Feets and still can't break 1/tic refresh soooo :s
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7