New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Ninja » Realistic numbers with kikoku
Realistic numbers with kikoku
By Taint 2020-05-02 12:40:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Lakshmi.Konvict said: »
For ninja what would be best combo for DPS assuming everything is Rank 15? Aeonic/kannagi Kannagi/kikoku? Aeonic/su5? If you offhand Kikoku can the additional effect paralyze still proc?? Never really played ninja but its a fun job and it has great utility. Plus great to have for Abyssea farming. Thanks ^_^

Heishi/Fudo Masamune (when not attack capped or high tier content)
You're welcome ✊

Kikoku/fudo (when not attack capped)

Spamming MetsuBestu
[+]
 Asura.Arico
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Tename
By Asura.Arico 2020-05-02 12:50:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Taint said: »
For ninja what would be best combo for DPS assuming everything is Rank 15? Aeonic/kannagi Kannagi/kikoku? Aeonic/su5? If you offhand Kikoku can the additional effect paralyze still proc?? Never really played ninja but its a fun job and it has great utility. Plus great to have for Abyssea farming. Thanks ^_^

You're welcome ✊

Spamming MetsuBestu

Heishi/Toncho +1 R15 with an Idris GEO

Spamming Blade: Chi

Very niche. Just like Ninja in 2020.
By malakef 2020-05-02 12:54:38
Link | Quote | Reply

geigei said: »
How this turned into nin vs mnk?
My fault. I simply said any DD could tank an omen boss and then ***happened. This one on me for pointing out a fact. That or it’s the internet...hmm, yeah let’s go with that instead.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-05-02 12:59:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

Spamming MetsuBestu

I have tried this and I swear in my own experience, Blade Shun is flat out better. Plus, on a job like NIN, you will TP overflow and the possibility of the Shun Attack Boost (Moonshade, Heishi 500 TP bonus) would give you better numbers than Metsu. You're almost guaranteed +100% attack during WS.

Quote:
Heishi/Toncho +1 R15 with an Idris GEO

Why wouldn't Gokotai be a superior Katana for this? 30 Attack and 15 INT* is better than 4 MAB. Even Ochu would be better, or close to even Tancho +1(a)
[+]
 Bismarck.Gippali
Server: Bismarck
user: Gippali
By Bismarck.Gippali 2020-05-02 13:03:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe using for SID too? But yeah, Ochu and Goko would be ahead.

Also, Nagi/TPbonus for getting saucy.
By SimonSes 2020-05-02 13:03:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Spaming metsu can only win

You're welcome ✊

Spamming MetsuBestu

I dont really see how metsu can win with Ten, unless you mean solo and including skillchain damage.
 Asura.Arico
By Asura.Arico 2020-05-02 13:05:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Why wouldn't Gokotai be a superior Katana for this? Even Ochu would be better?

I believe R15 Toncho +1 is the highest MAB katana. Less MACC than Gokotai though. Kinda a wash.
 Lakshmi.Konvict
user: Smasher
By Lakshmi.Konvict 2020-05-02 13:06:45
Link | Quote | Reply

If you offhand kikoku can the additional effect paralyze proc?
By mhomho 2020-05-02 13:09:12
Link | Quote | Reply

If you offhand kikoku can the additional effect paralyze proc?
Not only no, but no.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-05-02 13:13:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Arico said: »

I believe R15 Toncho +1 is the highest MAB katana. Less MACC than Gokotai though. Kinda a wash.

Blade Chi is also modified by INT which would apply to the entire WS, whereas MAB only applies to the magical portion of Chi. The same applies to the attack bonus on Gokotai. This is why something like Ochu (perf) is such an incredible offhand for basically anything, because so many modifiers that covers every spread of stats you would need for any WS. You don't really need a Fudo Masamune offhand if you have a perfect Ochu with capped attack. You're all set for the offhand slot

With that said, I wish they would have went a different direction with Tancho +1. We have enough carbon copy offhands that boost damage, we really need niche pieces that give something more unique (more SIRD, JA enhancements, etc). IN terms of acquisition, Tancho +1 Is probably slightly easier to make, but costs just about the same in mats. I would just use Gokotai if it was me, as it can serve as a main hand also.
 Asura.Arico
By Asura.Arico 2020-05-02 13:18:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Blade Chi is also modified by INT which would apply to the entire WS, whereas MAB only applies to the magical portion of Chi. The same applies to the attack bonus on Gokotai. This is why something like Ochu (perf) is such an incredible offhand for basically anything, because so many modifiers that covers every spread of stats you would need for any WS. You don't really need a Fudo Masamune offhand if you have a perfect Ochu with capped attack. You're all set for the offhand slot

With that said, I wish they would have went a different direction with Tancho +1. We have enough carbon copy offhands that boost damage, we really need niche pieces that give something more unique (more SIRD, JA enhancements, etc). IN terms of acquisition, Tancho +1 Is probably slightly easier to make, but costs just about the same in mats. I would just use Gokotai if it was me, as it can serve as a main hand also.

Fair.

I know he was kidding, but I like the idea of Nagi/TP Bonus Katana.
By Taint 2020-05-02 13:19:12
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »

You're welcome ✊

Spamming MetsuBestu

I dont really see how metsu can win with Ten, unless you mean solo and including skillchain damage.

It’s NIN. Lower ftp (r15 assumption you be competitive) but better mod. (80% dex) Attack bonus. Attack on weapon. Attack starved lowman only job. Lowman also means SC potential even if spamming. Ten is gravitation only.

Zerg aeonic would wreck relic but who brings NIN to a Zerg or even a high buff situation.
 Bismarck.Gippali
By Bismarck.Gippali 2020-05-02 13:25:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Fair.

I wasn't kidding.
[+]
 Asura.Arico
By Asura.Arico 2020-05-02 14:44:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Gippali said: »

Fair.

I wasn't kidding.

What would your TP set for that be? 5/5 Malignance?
By noodleman 2020-05-02 15:00:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I just got kikoku finished and I’m very happy with it.
I off hand kujaku+1 or gokotai depending on what I’m fighting.
Just curious what do you all use gear wise for solo content with trusts while wsing?
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-05-02 15:01:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Mnk paired with nin would end up tanking anyway unless he would intentionally lower his dps below NINs dps
Not sure about this.
I mean of course NIN dps is gonna be way below the MNK's, but NIN can generate 30% (60% with Yonin) more enmity than the MNK.
Does this help compensate for the fact the DPS is much lower?
I dunno, maybe not, but it certainly makes them closer than you would be otherwise.

Of course if you don't use Gekka and/or Yonin things will be exactely like you say but, at least for fights under 4 minutes, I really see no reason not to if you think that equally shared enmity is gonna be beneficial for your success.
 Bismarck.Gippali
By Bismarck.Gippali 2020-05-02 15:18:12
Link | Quote | Reply

What would your TP set for that be? 5/5 Malignance?

ItemSet 372709

Epona's to Chirich +1 is slightly better, but not by much.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
user: duo1666
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-05-02 16:43:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Yall can continue to be scrubs then. Complain about your job til the cows come home, while others will enjoy being able to setup better setups because youre all too blind to see anything other than the big numbers.

And no, a proper geared monk isnt pulling hate easily off a proper geared nin trying to hold hate.
 Leviathan.Draugo
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-05-02 16:50:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh do be sure to outline your unique snowflake of a party/alliance/equipment configuration that makes ninja just fine as it is.

Nuh uh, I know how to play better than youz is so helpful. But that's your modus operandi so what ever.

/Popcorn
By SimonSes 2020-05-02 17:03:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Attack on weapon. Attack starved lowman only job.

Since Ten has STR/dex mode and you mostly go for STR on augments, that attack from Kikoku should be close to the same? Back alone is 30 attack more on Ten.
By Taint 2020-05-02 17:28:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Attack on weapon. Attack starved lowman only job.

Since Ten has STR/dex mode and you mostly go for STR on augments, that attack from Kikoku should be close to the same? Back alone is 30 attack more on Ten.

Depends on Augments they are extremely similar outside of back and potentially legs, but Kikoku has a native 60 plus AM is a 10% boost.
 Lakshmi.Konvict
user: Smasher
By Lakshmi.Konvict 2020-05-02 17:57:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll roll with Taint. Give me KikokuR15 any day.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2020-05-02 18:43:29
Link | Quote | Reply

You're welcome ✊

Spamming MetsuBestu

It’s NIN. Lower ftp (r15 assumption you be competitive) but better mod. (80% dex) Attack bonus. Attack on weapon. Attack starved lowman only job. Lowman also means SC potential even if spamming. Ten is gravitation only.

Zerg aeonic would wreck relic but who brings NIN to a Zerg or even a high buff situation.
Blade: Shun would be used in that situation with Heishi.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Lunatone
Server: Carbuncle
user: lunamars
By Carbuncle.Lunatone 2020-05-02 19:16:08
Link | Quote | Reply

noodleman said: »
I just got kikoku finished and I’m very happy with it.
It's the best weapon in the game you should be happy with it :)
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-05-02 19:16:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll roll with Taint. Give me KikokuR15 any day.

Why don't we just plug it into a spreadsheet and decide. Same gear, no buffs, Kikoku spamming metsu, Heishi spamming ten, Shun. Because I've done this before and I could not confidently argue that Kikoku was actually better without buffs.

Also, why would a ninja not have buffs for Kikoku to actually pull ahead?
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-05-02 20:14:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »
Blade: Shun would be used in that situation with Heishi.
Not like I want to promote Kikoku over Heishi because I'm of course more for the latter, but if you're in a situation where you're really starving for attack, Kikoku's Att bonus and Aftermath might edge out on Heishi even if you use Shun to benefit from the Att Bonus.

Granted that in such an attack starved situation Kannagi would probably trump both, to be fair.
/summon Capuchin

Point is, I'm not sure such situations should be too common these days, especially if you use trust and food.
But I guess it kinda depends what you use NIN for, of course.
 Quetzalcoatl.Langly
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Langly
By Quetzalcoatl.Langly 2020-05-02 20:37:56
Link | Quote | Reply

The sheet currently shows the break point of fighting Apex Bats with zero support and an average pdif somewhere near 1.38 when Kikoku pulls ahead by a fraction of the total DPS.

Heishi still spamming Ten (which has poorer performance with Shun it seems still). But it's at an average pDif of 1.23

Dia 2 was the only debuff to defense, and berserk the only buff to attack.

The different in Kikoku's favor by a literal fart of damage. But hey, I found the break point! lawl

And... I ~think kannagi just beats both of them at that pDif. Yeah..
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-05-02 20:55:23
Link | Quote | Reply

If only blade: hi was Rudras storm kind of strength prenerf...
[+]
 Asura.Azagarth
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2020-05-02 21:07:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I think rema less important, we need more nin nuking set talk!
[+]