Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Damage Calculator
Damage Calculator
By Sidiov 2020-04-26 21:43:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, I know this will turn into a trash-me fest. It's not really a thing I particularly want people to use, BUT if anyone has some spare time and inclination to offer me feedback on a weaponskill calculator I created for myself.. things to add that might be useful, data that seems wrong, etc... I'd be interested to hear it.
I know spreadsheets exist, I know sims exist - I made it this way to not worry about jobs and gear as much as the formulas and stats.
FFXI WS Calc

My long term goals are to make it similar to the spreadsheets where I can compare 2 sets of stats side by side.
Also adding a skill chain filter, i use other apps for that, but I just want to combine things I use into 1 app.
If other people use it I might move it to Android, but its mostly for me to use when I sit at my PC and play.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2020-04-26 21:52:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Random .exe with no source normally don't go over to well here.
[+]
By Sidiov 2020-04-26 21:54:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea, you can virustotal.com it, or sandbox it. Uses no internet at all besides a link to the dl page, so you dont need to take it out of sandbox or fdlstat.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [86 days between previous and next post]
By Sidiov 2020-07-21 18:01:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for all the suggestions, I am pretty much done with it now until perhaps making it a full TP sim.
I moved it to GitHub to reduce fear as well.
 Quetzalcoatl.Langly
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Langly
By Quetzalcoatl.Langly 2020-07-21 18:56:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Could quite easily use gitHub pages to host a js version of it. I did something similar for the NIN dmg calculator as a self project. Send me a note if you want any information.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2020-07-21 19:18:10
Link | Quote | Reply

if you wanted to use python 3 and know how to make GUIs, i have all the calculations for most dd already made as modules. i just hate making GUIs and don't care to finish any of them.
 Quetzalcoatl.Langly
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Langly
By Quetzalcoatl.Langly 2020-07-21 19:35:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Just turn it into an API with Flask. :D
By drakefs 2020-07-26 12:35:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Sidiov said: »
Thanks for all the suggestions, I am pretty much done with it now until perhaps making it a full TP sim.
I moved it to GitHub to reduce fear as well.

I believe the point of using GitHub to "reduce" suspicion, would entail releasing the source. Just using GitHub as a distribution point, will not alleviate most peoples concerns.