Coronavirus Death Toll Estimation USA

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Coronavirus death toll estimation USA
Coronavirus death toll estimation USA
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 53 54 55

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
Administrator
Server: Hyperion
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Cruz Missive 2020-04-20 19:43:38
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
Can you not open a state and keep certain areas of the state locked down? i.e. major cities?

If you could control the movement of everyone in the state, in a nation where the vast majority of people have cars? Sure.

Let me know how that goes
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-04-20 19:44:23
Link | Quote | Reply

In the first bout.

I don't see how people can expect >100k in the first bout at the rate it is slowing down. It should peak in a week MAX?

In the UK it is believed to have peaked for the first time around, but more outbreaks are expected.

First of all, the only state that can safely say its past the peak is New York. Texas is not projected to peak until Mid May or June, and the state has 30 million people. The Midwest and farmland states are seeing a spike in cases, so they are probably looking at the same timeline as Texas. The country as a whole will pass by 50k deaths by this time next week, at the latest.

Florida and Georgia are already flirting with a second wave before their first wave is even over. Its absolutely insane to open their beaches the way they are.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-04-20 19:45:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Can you not open a state and keep certain areas of the state locked down? i.e. major cities?

They've explained this,

If driving wasn't a thing you could do it, but basically if ANYWHERE is open... everyone will flock there.

You can't open.... south florida without all the people from the rest of florida driving down there. (and georgia... and south carolina)

No good options, only least worst options.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-04-20 19:48:50
Link | Quote | Reply

It applies everywhere lol

Open France, Spain will drive over and hit up their restaurants. Open Toronto, all the north east states will come over.
[+]
Administrator
Server: Hyperion
By Drama Torama 2020-04-20 19:49:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Cruz Missive said: »

If you could control the movement of everyone in the state, in a nation where the vast majority of people have cars? Sure.

Let me know how that goes
How does this logic not apply at country level?

I mean, that's the whole problem. GA and FL are opening things up and it's going to spread elsewhere because of it as people go there and then go back home.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-04-20 19:49:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »

They've explained this,

If driving wasn't a thing you could do it, but basically if ANYWHERE is open... everyone will flock there.

You can't open.... south florida without all the people from the rest of florida driving down there. (and georgia... and south carolina)

Eiryl, FL is over 900 miles long.

Jacksonville to the SE coast is NOT a day trip. Not even at the speeds the FHP allows on I95.

But yes on your last line.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-04-20 19:51:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean distance isn't going to stop them. The beach calls you from ten thousand miles away... and it's not like they're missing work to make the trip, every day is a vacation day!

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-04-20 20:19:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I can book a round trip to florida for $37 tomorrow.

And the Toronto was just an example, if they were going to open Toronto they would reasonably open the border too.
By Viciouss 2020-04-20 20:30:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Its cheap as hell to fly right now.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
By Viciouss 2020-04-20 20:36:01
Link | Quote | Reply

They pretty much are cancelled, very few flights are taking place. The airline industry has lost billions. It's bad for the country overall, but there is a lot of animosity for the airlines right now because they got a huge bailout after a decade of engaging in stock buybacks.

Post deleted by User.
Administrator
Server: Exodus
By Putin On'the'ritz 2020-04-20 20:42:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I get that last part. But why are any flights running?

Still some essential functions. For one thing, lots of military personnel move about on commercial flights.
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
Server: Bismarck
user: Josiahafk
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2020-04-20 20:49:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »

They've explained this,

Jacksonville to the SE coast is NOT a day trip. Not even at the speeds the FHP allows on I95.

I’ve driven ~1600 KM on some days while road tripping the continent, but don’t know Florida interstate speed limits.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Veikur
By Asura.Veikur 2020-04-21 04:17:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Feeling better after throwing that hissy fit?
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-04-21 09:52:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahflaming said: »
Garuda.Chanti said: »
They've explained this,

I’ve driven ~1600 KM on some days while road tripping the continent, but don’t know Florida interstate speed limits.
Its not the speed limit, its what the FHP allows. Between cities I95 is 70 MPH - 115kph, but if you get stopped for 85 its unusual, either a cop had a bad day or you are a cute girl.

In cities the I95 limit is 55 - 60 and 5 MPH over WILL get a ticket.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-04-24 09:14:37
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-04-25 21:33:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Coronavirus death toll tops 200,000 globally
NY Post

USA has 54,000+

WE CAN DO THIS!!

With republican leadership we can lead the world in coronavirus deaths!!

And remember 2% of you have to die for the greater good of the economy!

Our Texas friends can ask their Lt. Governor to lead the way.
 Cerberus.Hideka
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Hideka 2020-04-26 01:12:13
Link | Quote | Reply

mother of god, is this what people really think? that theyre doing it because theyre only worried about the bottom line? do people not understand that if the economy fails, we literally all starve? Think about this rationally.

Could you today, procure/grow/hunt/harvest food, if the economy ended right here and now? Chances are- no. you couldnt. most americans dont have these skills today, and the vast majority of us live in cities, where we dont have access to these methods of getting food. We rely entirely on the economy to provide food to our cities. if that fails - we will all starve, The strong will take from the weak, chaos ensues, and we start killing each other so that we can keep living. this is the dirty ugly truth facing us if the economy full on collapses.

Do people not understand that venezuelans have literally been eating out of garbage trucks for almost a year now because their entire economy has failed? it doesnt matter how much money you have- if it cant buy you food, its worth nothing.

Dont believe me? Here. This was a YEAR ago- and its only gotten worse since then.
YouTube Video Placeholder

how bad do you think it is now? Think this is isolated? ITS NOT. People in Venuzuela and africa are literally murdering shop keepers, and hijacking food trucks now because they have no food. the UN is literally warning us about a global famine of literal biblical proportions.

Quote:
"To a man with an empty stomach, food is god."

we are flirting with our demise. This is reality. Please, realize this if nothing else.

There are reports china is building up its nuclear arsenal, and doing nuclear testing again. THis means the USA is going to do the same. we are racing towards famine, war and death. people need to understand that hating trump, cannot come before our survival as a whole. Save the *** political bickering until this is over.
 Ragnarok.Ozment
Server: Ragnarok
user: ozment
By Ragnarok.Ozment 2020-04-28 22:56:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow, 1,012,582 cases in the US as of 4/28. 58,355 deaths...and just in a few weeks.

...but let's re-open. We need manicures and movies.

Has someone replaced the water with gatorade in the drinking fountains yet?
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2020-04-28 23:16:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Could you today, procure/grow/hunt/harvest food, if the economy ended right here and now? Chances are- no. you couldnt. most americans dont have these skills today, and the vast majority of us live in cities, where we dont have access to these methods of getting food. We rely entirely on the economy to provide food to our cities. if that fails - we will all starve, The strong will take from the weak, chaos ensues, and we start killing each other so that we can keep living. this is the dirty ugly truth facing us if the economy full on collapses.

do you have any earthly idea of how much food the US produces
 Ragnarok.Ozment
Server: Ragnarok
user: ozment
By Ragnarok.Ozment 2020-04-28 23:22:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
"Think of what it would mean if we had a real president, not just somebody who plays one on TV, but somebody who gets up every morning worried about the people that he's responsible for leading during this crisis."

Hillary Clinton 2020
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 53 54 55