Coronavirus Death Toll Estimation USA

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Coronavirus death toll estimation USA
Coronavirus death toll estimation USA
First Page 2 3 ... 18 19 20 ... 53 54 55
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-07-03 12:31:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Viciouss said: »
All those companies you mentioned were dragging *** out of the gate.
This post proves you have zero clue about manufacturing processes.

Do you honestly think that any company can stop production on a specific product to create a product that they have had zero experience in creating right off the bat?

The fact that they were able to go full production in less than 2 weeks is a testament to their ability to adapt. But you cannot expect any manufacturer to produce a new product nearly immediately after the production is requested.

Look, just stop while you are behind. Before you continue to put your foot so far in your mouth you will start tasting your gentiles.

Viciouss said: »
But they could have gotten there a lot faster and the benefits would have made a difference. No amount of attempts to rewrite history is going to bring back the 2 months that Trump wasted against this pandemic.
Seriously, stop.

I dare you to start up a company, create it into a manufacturing powerhouse, then stop all of your production and start a new product using the equipment you have on hand to make something that is outside your scope. Let's see how you deal with it.
By volkom 2020-07-03 12:33:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Not putting blame on who did what, how good or bad a job trump do or whomever. Can I get a little bit clarity here.
NY moved covid patients to nursing homes and there was a large amount of deaths accounted at those facilities. Is that true? If so why move people who are sick and contagious to places where the elderly are?
By Viciouss 2020-07-03 12:34:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm good thanks.
By Viciouss 2020-07-03 12:35:56
Link | Quote | Reply

volkom said: »
Not putting blame on who did what, how good or bad a job trump do or whomever. Can I get a little bit clarity here.
NY moved covid patients to nursing homes and there was a large amount of deaths accounted at those facilities. Is that true? If so why move people who are sick and contagious to places where the elderly are?

I have not heard of them moving covid patients to nursing homes.
 Cerberus.Hideka
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Hideka 2020-07-03 12:38:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes. This was absolutely done.

https://nypost.com/2020/04/23/nursing-homes-cant-reject-coronavirus-patients-cuomo-says/

it is the NUMBER ONE cause of death in new york. that action resulted in over ten thousand deaths. one third of all deaths occured in nursing homes in NY, another forty percent of them were patients FROM nursing homes.
[+]
 Cerberus.Hideka
By Cerberus.Hideka 2020-07-03 12:39:10
Link | Quote | Reply

if you dont like the NY post, i can get you a literal mountain of other sources for it. It was irrefutably done.
[+]
 Cerberus.Hideka
By Cerberus.Hideka 2020-07-03 12:40:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
In a prepared statement, the head of the New York State Health Facilities Association, a nursing-home industry group, said that “nursing homes and assisted living providers and their residents have not been treated as a top priority for assistance with staffing, PPE shortages and COVID-19 testing.”

“This was clearly evidenced by the state’s March 25 policy mandating that nursing homes admit hospital patients into their facilities that have a confirmed or suspected diagnosis of COVID-19,” CEO Stephen Hanse said.
[+]
 Cerberus.Hideka
By Cerberus.Hideka 2020-07-03 12:41:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Cuomo literally offered up tens of thousands of his own citizens upon the pyre of 'orange man bad', when he started blaming trump for his states shortcomings a few weeks later.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-07-03 12:43:09
Link | Quote | Reply

They weren't forced into nursing homes, but nursing homes were not allowed to deny them back into their facility if they tested positive, nor allowed to be quarantined from other patients who had not have COVID. So, essentially, Cuomo essentially forced the elderly to get sick with COVID. Was it done on purpose, probably not, but it was his executive order that caused it all.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-07-03 12:43:58
Link | Quote | Reply

If you watched any of the corona briefings by cuomo it was clearly laid out. Not that any of you care about facts or anything.

Nursing homes are where those people LIVE. The goal was to not change their living situation, independent of covid. The homes were required to take infected back HOME. On the contingent that they could safely and RESPONSIBLY care for and separate them.

The failings are on the nursing homes. There was no perfect solution. Other states passed the same EOs.
 Cerberus.Hideka
By Cerberus.Hideka 2020-07-03 12:46:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
They weren't forced into nursing homes, but nursing homes were not allowed to deny them back into their facility if they tested positive, nor allowed to be quarantined from other patients who had not have COVID. So, essentially, Cuomo essentially forced the elderly to get sick with COVID. Was it done on purpose, probably not, but it was his executive order that caused it all.

actually he did. this order forced nursing homes that had offboarded residents with covid or suspected covid to nearby hospitals, to take them back from the hospitals- because nursing homes as he put it 'are legally obligated to be able to provide care in situations like these, or to close their doors permantently if they couldnt'.

the action directly resulted in NY facing literally ten times the deaths that other states with similar size and demographics faced.

but 'orange man bad'.
[+]
 Cerberus.Hideka
By Cerberus.Hideka 2020-07-03 12:48:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
If you watched any of the corona briefings by cuomo it was clearly laid out. Not that any of you care about facts or anything.

Nursing homes are where those people LIVE. The goal was to not change their living situation, independent of covid. The homes were required to take infected back HOME. On the contingent that they could safely and RESPONSIBLY care for and separate them.

The failings are on the nursing homes. There was no perfect solution. Other states passed the same EOs.

OH YOU MEAN LIKE NJ? THE PROUD OWNER OF #2 MOST DEATHS?

Gee i wonder why.
[+]
 Cerberus.Hideka
By Cerberus.Hideka 2020-07-03 12:57:36
Link | Quote | Reply

like for real - this is the top 'deaths' in a per million format. do you not see how bad NJ and NY *** up with that move?

Location Confirmed per M Deaths Per M
New York 20,493 1,631
New Jersey 19,749 1,713
Florida 8,873 190
California 6,586 166
Texas 6,581 93
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-07-03 12:58:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm nursing home deaths seem to be a hard number to actually nail down, it doesn't help that the Trump admin is doing a poor job of investigating the actual numbers. Federal data listed the number at 26k, at least 14k less than other estimates. This is from June 2nd, I'm sure the number of actual deaths has risen above 50k by now. But to suggest NY had "tens of thousands" of nursing home deaths seems to be, putting it nicely, sensationalist.
 Cerberus.Hideka
By Cerberus.Hideka 2020-07-03 12:59:49
Link | Quote | Reply

they literally *** up so badly that their infection rates are double to triple similar places, and their death rates are TEN TO TWENTY TIMES HIGHER.

had those two states not made the absolutely moronic decision to move old people with corona virus back into oldfolks homes, our deaths would be sub 100k, and our rate would be one of the lowest rates in the entire world.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-07-03 13:05:17
Link | Quote | Reply

leave it to Vic to spin this from "NY state *** up really bad on COVID-19 response" to "It's all Trump's fault!!!!1!!"
[+]
 Cerberus.Hideka
By Cerberus.Hideka 2020-07-03 13:06:55
Link | Quote | Reply

but hey, why stop this train here - lets ride Cuomo's crazy train all the way to the end.

How about his decision to mandate that contact tracers cant ask if anyones been to the BLM riots and or protests?

Is covid against racisim too? he literally did it to manipulate the data to provide the narrative that the rioting and protesting wasnt facilitating the spread of covid in his state. That is completely unconscionable for him to do.

Cuomo has been the number one unmitigated disaster facing covid bar none. yet the media has sung his name and praises to the heavens. he is their golden child.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-07-03 13:08:43
Link | Quote | Reply

New York had pretty close to exactly 10,000 Nursing home deaths.
https://www.health.ny.gov/statistics/diseases/covid-19/fatalities_nursing_home_acf.pdf
Quote:
Cuomo, on May 10 reversed the directive, which had been intended to help free up hospital beds for the sickest patients as cases surged.

“Any nursing home could just say, ‘I can’t handle a COVID person in my facility,'" he said,

the Health Department clarified that homes should not take any residents if they were unable to meet their needs

In the meantime, some nursing homes felt obligated and overwhelmed.

Cerberus.Hideka said: »
they literally *** up so badly that their infection rates are double to triple similar places, and their death rates are TEN TO TWENTY TIMES HIGHER.

had those two states not made the absolutely moronic decision to move old people with corona virus back into oldfolks homes, our deaths would be sub 100k, and our rate would be one of the lowest rates in the entire world.

This is just straight ***. New York has the most, because it has all the flights coming from Europe. Basically every EU flight comes through JFK.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-07-03 13:12:06
Link | Quote | Reply

This is just straight ***. New York has the most, because it has all the flights coming from Europe. Basically every EU flight comes through JFK.
And having the largest Chinese American population in the nation had nothing to do with it, especially since that NYC was the ending destination for many travelers who came from China to end up at.

But hey, it's all Trump's fault European's fault, right?
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-07-03 13:14:28
Link | Quote | Reply

No. it's not "all anyone's fault"

But there are very obviously "people responsible for making it worse".
 Cerberus.Hideka
By Cerberus.Hideka 2020-07-03 13:14:45
Link | Quote | Reply

New York had pretty close to exactly 10,000 Nursing home deaths.
https://www.health.ny.gov/statistics/diseases/covid-19/fatalities_nursing_home_acf.pdf
Quote:
Cuomo, on May 10 reversed the directive, which had been intended to help free up hospital beds for the sickest patients as cases surged.

“Any nursing home could just say, ‘I can’t handle a COVID person in my facility,'" he said,

the Health Department clarified that homes should not take any residents if they were unable to meet their needs

In the meantime, some nursing homes felt obligated and overwhelmed.

oh so my statement that a third of the thirty one thousand newyork deaths were from nursing homes was right? now what about the nursing home residents that died in the hospital? those arent classified as nursing home deaths by NY as a FYI. only people who died in the nursing home are a part of that 10k. thats right. another twelve thousand of them died in hospitals.

it has NOTHING to do with the airports and everything to do with the absolutely MORONIC action to send old people, back to an old folks home, with a virus that predominately kills old people.

Want to know the easy way for me to disprove your theory?

New jersey took the same action as NY did by mandating old people back into oldfolks homes, but is not the inflow port for europe travel according to your theory. New jersey has a higher mortality rate than NY.
 Cerberus.Hideka
By Cerberus.Hideka 2020-07-03 13:16:11
Link | Quote | Reply

like Cuomo and Murphy right?

At least admit it - that these two royally *** up- prove to the world you can come to grips with reality.
By Viciouss 2020-07-03 13:16:18
Link | Quote | Reply

It won't be long now until Cali, Texas and Florida catch up to New York in infection rate. At the current rate, end of July. Probably sooner.
By Viciouss 2020-07-03 13:16:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh hey, the return of bolded and caps lock opinions!
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-07-03 13:18:00
Link | Quote | Reply

At least admit it - that these two royally *** up- prove to the world you can come to grips with reality.

Quote:
homes should not take any residents if they were unable to meet their needs
Any nursing home could just say, ‘I can’t handle a COVID person in my facility,'
Quote:
The failings are on the nursing homes.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-07-03 13:22:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Was it a good idea to trust homes to be responsible in their care for covid patients? Probably not. But I understand the reason. You don't want to force abrupt change. And in theory, a nursing home is a mini hospital, they were equipped to handle the situation. (not as far as ventilators!*) They just failed to rise to the occasion as it were.

Is it the smartest thing in the world to let all the old people live together in nursing homes in the first place? Not really.
 Cerberus.Hideka
By Cerberus.Hideka 2020-07-03 13:24:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
homes should not take any residents if they were unable to meet their needs
Any nursing home could just say, ‘I can’t handle a COVID person in my facility,'
Quote:
The failings are on the nursing homes.

ok so you are saying the nursing homes, who said "i cant handle a literal *** airborne plague that specifically is over 50% lethal in the extremely elderly, please hospitals, take these people because you are better equipped to handle this", are more at fault than cuomo saying "no. these people cant go to the hospitals, get them out of here. send them back homee".

are you being serious?

you cant see that his actions were indefensible?

ok, you absolute idiot:

So what do you say to him reversing his previous order because of its absolute insanity?

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/cuomo-reverses-nursing-home-directive-to-take-covid-19-patients-requires-more-staff-testing/2410533/

jesus christ read up on something before you act like you know whats going on.

he saw it was literally killing old people by the thousands, and freaked out. he even deleted the previous order from the states website.

but it was too late- the damage was done.
 Cerberus.Hideka
By Cerberus.Hideka 2020-07-03 13:27:12
Link | Quote | Reply

to spell this out as plainly as i can:

together - Cuomo and murphy's actions and choices killed nearly half of the people who died from covid.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-07-03 13:35:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Like I said last time, you obviously don't read anything. You argue just to hear your own voice.

Michigan did the exact same thing
https://www.michigan.gov/whitmer/0,9309,7-387-90499_90705-531929--,00.html

Quote:
Care facility of origin must accept the return of the resident, provided it can meet the medical needs of the resident, and there are no statutory grounds to refuse the return.

A facility must not accept the return of a COVID-19-positive resident if the facility does not have a dedicated unit or regional hub meeting the requirements of this order.
First Page 2 3 ... 18 19 20 ... 53 54 55