Corona Virus, How Has It Affected Your Area So Far?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » Corona Virus, How has it affected your area so far?
Corona Virus, How has it affected your area so far?
First Page 2 3 ... 88 89 90 ... 129 130 131
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-04-19 14:45:19
Link | Quote | Reply

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_intoxication
 Asura.Veikur
By Asura.Veikur 2020-04-19 14:45:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Those privileges with attached rules, regulations and punishments? Y'know, besides the ones that only effect the person making poor life choices. One of which has numerous positive benefits.

Please explain the positive benefits of spreading a particularly infectious lethal virus.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
Server: Bismarck
user: duo1666
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-04-19 14:46:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Eboneezer said: »
Being in public isn't endangering anyone, drunk or not.

Youre generally considered a nuisance if drunk in public, and usually will be driven home or placed in the local "drunk tank" for the night. Usually with no charge.

And last i checked; you getting drunk doesnt get others drunk.

Someone non essential going out without a damn good reason puts others at risk.
By Eboneezer 2020-04-19 14:48:34
Link | Quote | Reply

That's being disorderly, not just being in public.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-04-19 14:49:49
Link | Quote | Reply

That's why the ticket is Drunk AND Disorderly. You became a danger.
By Eboneezer 2020-04-19 14:49:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nyaarun said: »

Uh oh, we've gotten to the agreement part! His argument was that all people should be required to stay inside for 14 days.
By Eboneezer 2020-04-19 14:50:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
That's why the ticket it Drunk AND Disorderly.

You said you can drink but not be in public. You absolutely can drink and be in public.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-04-19 14:51:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Until you endanger someone else by being disorderly. That's your whole argument.

You can do whatever you want. UNTIL you endanger the public. Then you lose your right to do "whatever you want"

Public health supersedes your individual rights.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-04-19 14:53:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Uh oh, we've gotten to the agreement part! His argument was that all people should be required to stay inside for 14 days.

Literally *no one* has argued that every single person should stay inside for 14 days. Your water supply wont last 14 days without someone physically there to maintain it, and would start to become lethal around that time without boiling first.

People have just started using everyone as a generality as "everyone not absolutely essential".

If we do move to "everyone", it will be everyone other than emergency personnel and the national guard/military will be mobilized to take over essential functions outside medical needs.
By Eboneezer 2020-04-19 14:53:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Veikur said: »
Please explain the positive benefits of spreading a particularly infectious lethal virus.

The premise of my argument is the longterm effect. The idea of social distancing and stay at home orders is to flatten the curve and to try not to overwhelm the medical facilities/supplies. It is not to eradicate the virus. The virus isn't going anywhere. My concern is all of this spending, all of the small businesses going under, the unemployment...our economy not being able to sustain a prolonged stay at home order. So the question, to me, is whether or not the damage from this virus will outweigh the damage of the economy collapsing (with the addition of the virus still going, because it isn't going to be solved by the stay at home orders). At some point, we have to go back to work.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-04-19 14:56:50
Link | Quote | Reply

before you even try to say it. I said IF. not that it was realistic. (but it was possible)
By Eboneezer 2020-04-19 14:57:03
Link | Quote | Reply

So someone that is healthy can't go outside? Someone, whose child needs formula, can't go to the store? Someone can't try to avoid the grocery stores by attempting to catch/hunt food? Someone can't go to the pharmacy for the medicine they require?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-04-19 14:57:23
Link | Quote | Reply

So someone that is healthy can't go outside? Someone, whose child needs formula, can't go to the store? Someone can't try to avoid the grocery stores by attempting to catch/hunt food? Someone can't go to the pharmacy for the medicine they require?

You cannot prove you're healthy. When you have an antibody test, proving you had Covid-19, you are free to do "whatever the *** you want" again.

I fully support that. And As soon as I can get an antibody test I plan to go back to "doing whatever the *** I want" again. (if I test positive)
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-04-19 15:01:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Veikur said: »

The premise of my argument is the longterm effect. The idea of social distancing and stay at home orders is to flatten the curve and to try not to overwhelm the medical facilities/supplies. It is not to eradicate the virus. The virus isn't going anywhere. My concern is all of this spending, all of the small businesses going under, the unemployment...our economy not being able to sustain a prolonged stay at home order. So the question, to me, is whether or not the damage from this virus will outweigh the damage of the economy collapsing (with the addition of the virus still going, because it isn't going to be solved by the stay at home orders). At some point, we have to go back to work.

The economy is fine. Under this stay at home order, businesses are, for the most part, fine. I run a small business.

Reopening too soon? That starts the economy back up again. But the general public isnt going to immediately trust that, a lot of people arent that stupid. Many will still stay at home. The ones that do go out? Will likely spread infection and you get a second wave of infection. And all the small businesses are stuck having to pay rent and bills while having little to no income because customers just wont show up in the amounts needed.
By Eboneezer 2020-04-19 15:01:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I honestly will be happy when the antibody tests are more readily available. There's a 3 week wait on testing at most facilities in my area. I disagree with it being a requirement to be able to move freely in the world, but I think it'll change the dialogue when people realize a large portion of the population has already had it.
By Jetackuu 2020-04-19 15:02:09
Link | Quote | Reply

You're literally trying to argue logic with a fascist, there is no arguing, just face bashing with a shovel.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-04-19 15:03:45
Link | Quote | Reply

These are necessary functions. If you have a *need* for something, yes, you can go, briefly and ideally with ppe, to the store as necessary.

Ideally, in a situation like this, emergency personnel or the national guard is supposed to be mobilized to handle the majority of the back and forth, with cards given to homes to put into the window for if people need something, and what kind of help they need.
By Eboneezer 2020-04-19 15:04:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Reopening too soon? That starts the economy back up again. But the general public isnt going to immediately trust that, a lot of people arent that stupid. Many will still stay at home. The ones that do go out? Will likely spread infection and you get a second wave of infection. And all the small businesses are stuck having to pay rent and bills while having little to no income because customers just wont show up in the amounts needed.

I can somewhat agree. Many will stay at home, but many will go out. Numbers absolutely will increase. I get it. I wish they wouldn't. I'm certainly glad you're doing fine, but I know a lot of people that are going to lose their business.
By Eboneezer 2020-04-19 15:04:54
Link | Quote | Reply

And as much as I've enjoyed the arguments (i do love arguing), i have to go to work.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-04-19 15:08:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I can somewhat agree. Many will stay at home, but many will go out. Numbers absolutely will increase. I get it. I wish they wouldn't. I'm certainly glad you're doing fine, but I know a lot of people that are going to lose their business.

Unfortunately, thats unavoidable without government intervention. If you really want to save every business, youd need to have the government institute proper temporary nationalization of private businesses, so the government takes partial ownership and pays the bills temporarily.

On the flip side, after all this is over, it will be a great time to buy up what is needed to start your own business and get one started. Capitalism is a *** and is rife with intentional boon and busts in the economy. Depressions and recessions exist by design, and drive the economic engine forward. Its also why pure capitalism is imperfect, because the lows *** over many, but are necessary for the economic engine. You need proper social support systems so when depressions/recessions hit, people have their base lines covered.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-04-19 15:12:58
Link | Quote | Reply

It's the only starting point you're going to get. It's not perfect.

As of right now (until proven otherwise) it's reasonable to expect immunity for a reasonable amount of time (until fall).

(*)If we get no immunity then we're ***. It's game over. A vaccine won't work and we're all dead, even the asymptomatic people if it mutates enough. BUT there haven't been any reinfections, so... It's reasonable.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
Server: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2020-04-19 15:20:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Fruit Stripe Red da best
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-04-19 15:21:29
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
By Jetackuu 2020-04-19 15:45:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Negan said: »
Fruit Stripe Red da best
Bubblicious you heathen!
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-04-19 21:41:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Cross post from bg, this one made me giggle
[+]
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-04-19 21:58:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Thats kinda the part that pisses me off; The conservative viewpoint at the basic level is supposed to be "i am the authority until i otherwise deem such", for lack of better words. That doesnt mean you wont obey laws or authority figures, but will do so when viewed to be correct, not before. After all, the second amendment is supposed to be the "last resort".

Yet, so often, these types jump to the "cop was right" stance regardless of context until it involves them, trading their patriotism for nationalism and a meaningless piece of cloth with pretty colors that no longer means what they think it means from their own actions.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-04-19 22:02:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
It's only a problem when it affects me negatively.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-04-19 23:56:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Kentucky Governor Andy Beshear announced Sunday that the state had set a grim record with 273 new confirmed cases of the coronavirus, the highest single-day rise to date. Kentucky's increase in infected individuals comes after protesters took to the streets throughout the week to call for the state to be reopened.

With the 273 additional confirmed infections, Kentucky now has 2,960 cases of the novel virus and 1,122 recoveries. Beshear also announced four new deaths on Sunday, bringing the total number of fatalities across the state to 148.
I would say these protests cross the line but I'm not sure there is a line anymore.
It is reprehensible to block hospitals under any circumstance (even accidental). That is dangerously close to war crimes.
First Page 2 3 ... 88 89 90 ... 129 130 131