Corona Virus, How Has It Affected Your Area So Far?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » Corona Virus, How has it affected your area so far?
Corona Virus, How has it affected your area so far?
First Page 2 3 ... 74 75 76 ... 129 130 131

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Draugo
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-04-15 18:17:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draugo said: »
Wall of water?

Anywho, an end result of minimum wage, more labor outsourced to countries with no minimum. People there are still paid, a wage, some above average for the area some below. Product prices stay cheaper, less jobs on average in countries with min wage laws. More wealth exported from that country, to outside nation's.

China in a nutshell.
Yup quoted myself.

Remind me again, what is the minimum wage in China? Biggest communist country, lived in poverty on whole until they began embracing capitalism, but only enough to make the state wealthy, Chinese citizens on average are still thriving economically, but living under quite an authoritarian set of overlords. So living in fear, not getting their true fair share.

Meanwhile the Chinese state has become a global powerhouse, in what 20-30 years? Due to capitalism, but not individual rights capitalism, state profiting. Is that economic success when the government is holding all the wealth? Is that economic success worth living under brutal oligarchs? I don't believe it is.

China is in a weird place right now. It will be interesting to see where the world is at in another 10 years.

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-04-15 18:28:48
Link | Quote | Reply

kireek said: »
Quote:
China to ban online gaming, chatting with foreigners outside Great Firewall

https://www.taiwannews.com.tw/en/news/3916690

They are trying to stop the Chinese people knowing what the world thinks of their government, they wanna lie to them to stay in power. Last thing China wants is a revolt.

Hrm, RMT bye bye?
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-04-15 18:29:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Obviously not, E man will absorb the demand.
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-04-15 18:35:56
Link | Quote | Reply

lol rules only effect the people willing to follow them.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-04-15 19:00:33
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Kingnobody said:
US's average wage is $131.43/hour vs. UK's average wage of $87.03/hour
$38k/year is not $87 an hour.
Yes, I don't know how those numbers came to being. It really should be

US: $30.33/hour ($63,080/2080)
UK: $20.08/hour ($41,770/2080) (using my evidence)
UK: $18.31/hour ($38,079.33/2080) (using your evidence)

Either way, you still haven't answered my main question. Our original argument is your misconception of what a living wage should be, and what QoL is.
I haven't mentioned anything about a living wage.

How is considering working 60 hours a week to have a decent standards of living unacceptable a "misconception"? It's subjective at best but I doubt you do it either - I'm sure what you're saying is it's fine for other people to do it.
Because people generally do not work 60 hours a week for a living. The only profession where I think anyone can come close to that is truck drivers, but even then they are limited to at most 60/week, but even then they are limited to 70 in 8 days and mandatory breaks afterwards.

And guess what? They make ~$23/hour doing so.

Add time and a half for hourly drivers, and that adds up quickly.

But other than them, there isn't many people working 60 hours a week to survive. And I'm sure people here are going to say "But there's the single mom working 2 part time jobs to survive!" BS. Which is a load of crap because those single moms who work minimum wage jobs will not work 2 jobs because that cuts out on their welfare checks.
You gave 60 hours work as the example, not I.
nope, try again
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-04-15 19:05:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I said 60 cause I worked 60+ for years, you guys just ran with it. Worked as intended.

And it was very much slave hours, doing slave labor for what amounted to slave pay. (and we got double time on sundays!)
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-04-15 19:22:16
Link | Quote | Reply

So, now that you are free, tell us this.

How did you escape from your slavery? Did you have help? Did you meet Harriet Tubman?
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-04-15 19:24:38
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not slavery, you have a choice, you clearly made one.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-04-15 19:29:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Did I say slavery? Or did I say slave labor for slave pay.

You can be "not a slave" but still be worked like a slave and that's the norm here.

"Just move 4Head"

And just to make sure we're still on topic here. Corona shut down has a chance to break that slave labor strangle hold. But it won't because people can't wait to get back to their slave jobs because they're desperate. That's the only way capitalism works.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-04-15 19:43:19
Link | Quote | Reply

And you are being overdramatic. You will not win an Oscar pretending to suffer on this website...
[+]
 Asura.Veikur
By Asura.Veikur 2020-04-15 19:43:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Imagine thinking everyone has the financial fallback to just up and quit, not to mention move, at any time without significant issues popping up.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-04-15 19:45:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Imagine thinking that you can't do anything about your situation and just sit there crying about it all day and not doing anything to improve on it.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kyren
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: rada
By Quetzalcoatl.Kyren 2020-04-15 19:53:09
Link | Quote | Reply

It has nothing to do with privilege. It looks like you want the most out of the least amount of effort.

Guess what? You are only going to get out of life what you put into it. Same thing with how much money you get for your job.

But hey, deny reality all you want. Like I said with Directx, just because you wish for it doesn't mean it's going to be true.

I'm not the one denying reality lol.

That has nothing to do with what Savael said. He said that minimum wage jobs are not there to support a family. To think otherwise is devaluing every other job there is.

Ahahhahaha you complain about someone moving the goalposts 1 page ago and go then move the goalpost here. I love it!
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-04-15 19:56:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Pritzker arranging secret flights from China to bring millions of masks and gloves to Illinois

The governor is worried President Trump might try to seize the supplies for the federal stockpile so he’s keeping the details quiet, a source said.

Chicago Sun Times
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-04-15 20:19:27
Link | Quote | Reply

So the guy bragging that he doesn't pay his own taxes on gil sales, in this very thread, is now bitching that the government is not handing out money? At a time no less when they are about to hand out free money....

Okydokie.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-04-15 20:34:03
Link | Quote | Reply

That's a crackhead twist on what I said lol

"People" have an opportunity to get what they're worth, for the first time in modern history, instead of being stuck with what amounts to slavery. And I lament that they won't. It has nothing to do with me. Or government handouts? (except that the people who need it the most don't get that handout)
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-04-15 20:39:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea ok, good backtrack there stud. White knighting for the poor, ok.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-04-15 20:39:59
Link | Quote | Reply

A rising tide lifts all boats
 Lakshmi.Lenus
Server: Lakshmi
user: Lenus
By Lakshmi.Lenus 2020-04-15 21:14:26
Link | Quote | Reply

This thread is cancer as *** and I probably got corona from it now.
Anyway, how's everyone else holding up in their area? My area is kinda calm for now and it's only going to get worse.
Price gouging has been slain and my car insurance price is a low 60 per month now, thank ***.
Comcast gave me a grace month for my internet and tv but I wished golden one would give me a few grace months for my car payments D:
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-04-15 21:23:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Michigan protest footage. These morons are blocking a hospital with their protests.
YouTube Video Placeholder

YouTube Video Placeholder

[+]
By Ruaumoko 2020-04-15 22:52:17
Link | Quote | Reply

kireek said: »
Quote:
China to ban online gaming, chatting with foreigners outside Great Firewall

https://www.taiwannews.com.tw/en/news/3916690

They are trying to stop the Chinese people knowing what the world thinks of their government, they wanna lie to them to stay in power. Last thing China wants is a revolt.
Pretty much this. If the Chinese people within China start seeing the true version of events, that the CCP has badly messed up and caused potentially hundreds of thousands of deaths abroad; and that their nation's reputation is in the mud they will be beyond pissed off.

It's time the world started treating China like the antagonistic force it is, until the CCP is ousted and a true 'great leap forward' can be made by it's good citizens.
[+]

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Ruaumoko 2020-04-16 05:38:06
Link | Quote | Reply

The following is an account from a Chinese author who lives in Wuhan. She saw first hand what happened when COVID-19 broke out. She got past The Great Firewall and put her journal on GitHub, and it's steadily being translated into English with a full publication impending. Her courage is incredible but I fear she's going to meet a bad end. However, the word is already out and it's an absolutely searing indictment of the CCP.

This is one of the most damning passages.

Quote:
"The enemy isn’t just the virus. We’re also our own enemies or accomplices in crime. It’s being said that many people are only now waking up, startled to grasp that it’s meaningless to yell empty slogans day in and day out about how amazing our country is, to grasp the total ineptitude of those officials who spend their days in political study and bloviating, and can’t get a real job done.

This lesson should have counted as profoundly searing. Still, although we experienced 2003, that was quickly forgotten. Now add to that the year 2020. Will we also forget it? The devil is always on our trail, and if we’re not on our guard, he’ll add another date until we wake up in torment. The question is: Do we want to wake up?"

You can shout all you want about how amazing you are but when nature/biology comes a-knockin' and you're not ready for it... you're in deep ***.
[+]

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 74 75 76 ... 129 130 131