Corona Virus, How Has It Affected Your Area So Far?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » Corona Virus, How has it affected your area so far?
Corona Virus, How has it affected your area so far?
First Page 2 3 ... 73 74 75 ... 129 130 131
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-04-15 12:28:29
Link | Quote | Reply

kireek said: »
Population of New York 19.5 million
Virus cases (infected 203k 11,6k deaths)

Population of California 39.5 million
Virus cases (infected 25k 790 deaths)

Population of Texas 29 million
Virus cases (infected 15kk 350 deaths)

What did Cuomo do that caused so many more people to be infected and die in New York state?
NYC has a large Chinese community. The borough with the most cases happens to have the largest Chinese population. And since the virus originated from China (regardless of what the liberal media tells you, it originated from China!)....

Also, it doesn't help that they just added about 3,600 more deaths to the count by people who may have died from COVID-19. Not those who did, but may have.
[+]
 Leviathan.Andret
Server: Leviathan
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2020-04-15 12:29:52
Link | Quote | Reply

What did Cuomo do that caused so many more people to be infected and die in New York state?

One of the above is different than the other 2. Can you spot the difference?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-04-15 12:31:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Andret said: »

You can't say one state has a densely populated area and the other 2 doesn't. Because Los Angeles, San Francisco, Houston, Dallas, and San Antonio would like to have a word with you....
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-04-15 12:32:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Laurelli said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
You guys need to realize, the data is still evolving. You can't honestly look at the data until after everything settles, because the data in real time changes...in real time.
I agree. In the US, right now, the mortality rate is 35% on closed cases. However, that number will change. Hopefully, it becomes much smaller.
Literally all I was pointing out. It will change. But yes currently it is 35%. Pending cases cannot be counted, they are pending.

Our track record currently is 65% success rate.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-04-15 12:42:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draugo said: »
You guys need to realize, the data is still evolving. You can't honestly look at the data until after everything settles, because the data in real time changes...in real time.
I agree. In the US, right now, the mortality rate is 35% on closed cases. However, that number will change. Hopefully, it becomes much smaller.
Literally all I was pointing out. It will change. But yes currently it is 35%. Pending cases cannot be counted, they are pending.

Out track record currently is 65% success rate.
I'm just saying that that is pointless. At least right now it is.

You are using a very small denominator to determine success rate. Overall the success rate is going to be around 99%. Not 65% it currently is. It's not going to go up because we improved, it's going up because the denominator will dramatically increase drastically....
 Leviathan.Andret
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2020-04-15 12:56:33
Link | Quote | Reply

You can't say one state has a densely populated area and the other 2 doesn't. Because Los Angeles, San Francisco, Houston, Dallas, and San Antonio would like to have a word with you....

Are you comparing state with cities?

And you are wrong btw. I live in LA area, it's a lot different between LA and NY (city) when it comes to population density. If you can't figure out why you can ask a NY driver to park a car and an LA driver to park a car.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kyren
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: rada
By Quetzalcoatl.Kyren 2020-04-15 12:59:36
Link | Quote | Reply

You are talking about a minority of people out there. A single parent most of the time has family nearby to look after their kids, even in this crisis. Those who don't are rare and few between.

And there isn't many people with 2 "full-time" jobs. Most people in your mindset generally have part-time jobs, and with the economy as robust as it is, would have found themselves able to support themselves with only 1 full-time job, because even the "minimum wage" jobs are paying well over minimum wage currently. In some cases as much as $12/hour starting.

Oh to have had the same privilege as you.

Asura.Saevel said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Kyren said: »
But minimum wage in the developed world means you can afford all essentials a person needs to survive

Who the hell told you that? Whomever it was lied to you.

Lol so I guess the Canadian Labour Act; Part III; Division II; 178 (1)(a) which says the Province's Minimum Wage (eg. Ontario) is tied directly to the Consumer Price Index which states that wages must reflect inflation of goods is all but a lie, huh.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-04-15 13:06:48
Link | Quote | Reply

You are talking about a minority of people out there. A single parent most of the time has family nearby to look after their kids, even in this crisis. Those who don't are rare and few between.

And there isn't many people with 2 "full-time" jobs. Most people in your mindset generally have part-time jobs, and with the economy as robust as it is, would have found themselves able to support themselves with only 1 full-time job, because even the "minimum wage" jobs are paying well over minimum wage currently. In some cases as much as $12/hour starting.

Oh to have had the same privilege as you.
It has nothing to do with privilege. It looks like you want the most out of the least amount of effort.

Guess what? You are only going to get out of life what you put into it. Same thing with how much money you get for your job.

But hey, deny reality all you want. Like I said with Directx, just because you wish for it doesn't mean it's going to be true.

Asura.Saevel said: »
But minimum wage in the developed world means you can afford all essentials a person needs to survive

Who the hell told you that? Whomever it was lied to you.

Lol so I guess the Canadian Labour Act; Part III; Division II; 178 (1)(a) which says the Province's Minimum Wage (eg. Ontario) is tied directly to the Consumer Price Index which states that wages must reflect inflation of goods is all but a lie, huh.
That has nothing to do with what Savael said. He said that minimum wage jobs are not there to support a family. To think otherwise is devaluing every other job there is.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-04-15 13:10:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you comparing state with cities?

And you are wrong btw. I live in LA area, it's a lot different between LA and NY (city) when it comes to population density. If you can't figure out why you can ask a NY driver to park a car and an LA driver to park a car.
No, I'm not. If you take out NYC out of the equation, NY State would have roughly the same amount of cases as many other states per population capita.

Besides, there is more in play with NYC than you think. Mainly because they are inflating their death toll numbers with "possible" cases.
 Bismarck.Laurelli
Server: Bismarck
user: ltantonio
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2020-04-15 13:35:20
Link | Quote | Reply

In February and early March, New Yorkers were beginning to feel uncomfortable going out. So Deblasio started tweeting that people should go to restaurants and theaters. That they should feel comfortable using the subway. Basically, he wanted people to act like Covid wasn't a threat. Also, there was even an instance where Pelosi told New Yorkers to gather to see her in the city.
I don't think it was really Cuomo's fault. But Deblasio, and to a lesser degree Pelosi, have blood on their hands.
 Bismarck.Laurelli
Server: Bismarck
user: ltantonio
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2020-04-15 13:37:17
Link | Quote | Reply

You are using a very small denominator to determine success rate. Overall the success rate is going to be around 99%. Not 65% it currently is. It's not going to go up because we improved, it's going up because the denominator will dramatically increase drastically....
You realize you're arguing for nothing because you're both right.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-04-15 13:44:50
Link | Quote | Reply

You should know that kn argues any and every just out of boredom. Doesn't even matter what it is. Watch, he'll try to argue with me that he won't argue, infact his head might explode if he tries.

On Topic, New York starting mandatory face covering in public, while michigan is holding protests in the capital because their gov is over reaching. (not being allowed to go on the water with a motorized vehicle)
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-04-15 14:19:07
Link | Quote | Reply

You realize you're arguing for nothing because you're both right.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-04-15 14:20:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
You should know that kn argues any and every just out of boredom. Doesn't even matter what it is. Watch, he'll try to argue with me that he won't argue, infact his head might explode if he tries.
You are right.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-04-15 14:37:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Head /explodes.
[+]
By volkom 2020-04-15 15:23:20
Link | Quote | Reply

During the lockdown of the black death, William Shakespeare wrote some of his best plays and Issac Newton came up with the theory of gravity.

During this lockdown our best and brightest are complaining on twitter. All of us now have more free time than we have ever had before and almost none of us are making any worthwhile use of it.

social media ruined everything
[+]

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-04-15 16:15:06
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
The average salary is not that high in the UK. It's about £30k/year, £15/hour or $18.79.
Show your evidence to your assertion. I already showed mine.

You cannot pass off opinion as fact, no matter how much you wish for it to be.
https://www.ons.gov.uk/employmentandlabourmarket/peopleinwork/earningsandworkinghours/bulletins/annualsurveyofhoursandearnings/2019#employee-earnings-and-hours-worked

Government website...
And you proved me wrong how again?

Remember, we are talking about 2 different currencies here. I calculated your average wage to be $38,079.33/year using today's lolpound to USD conversion (it's 1:1.1252 UKP/USD).

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-04-15 16:30:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Kingnobody said:
US's average wage is $131.43/hour vs. UK's average wage of $87.03/hour
$38k/year is not $87 an hour.
Yes, I don't know how those numbers came to being. It really should be

US: $30.33/hour ($63,080/2080)
UK: $20.08/hour ($41,770/2080) (using my evidence)
UK: $18.31/hour ($38,079.33/2080) (using your evidence)

Either way, you still haven't answered my main question. Our original argument is your misconception of what a living wage should be, and what QoL is.
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-04-15 16:36:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Kingnobody said:

Either way, you still haven't answered my main question. Our original argument is your misconception of what a living wage should be, and what QoL is.

You are never going to get a consistent answer to this question, hence you won't make everyone happy. It's subjective.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-04-15 16:50:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Kingnobody said:

I haven't mentioned anything about a living wage.

How is considering working 60 hours a week to have a decent standards of living unacceptable a "misconception"? It's subjective at best but I doubt you do it either - I'm sure what you're saying is it's fine for other people to do it.
Because people generally do not work 60 hours a week for a living. The only profession where I think anyone can come close to that is truck drivers, but even then they are limited to at most 60/week, but even then they are limited to 70 in 8 days and mandatory breaks afterwards.

And guess what? They make ~$23/hour doing so.

Add time and a half for hourly drivers, and that adds up quickly.

But other than them, there isn't many people working 60 hours a week to survive. And I'm sure people here are going to say "But there's the single mom working 2 part time jobs to survive!" BS. Which is a load of crap because those single moms who work minimum wage jobs will not work 2 jobs because that cuts out on their welfare checks.
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-04-15 17:27:43
Link | Quote | Reply

US
28k D, 51k L, 639k C
79k Total 35/65

World
133k D, 510k L, 2047k C
643k Total 20/80

Don't mind me, just making a note, I'll come back to this in a week or so.

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-04-15 17:52:52
Link | Quote | Reply

National minimum / living wages make no sense anyway, the cost of living in London versus a small town is ridiculous.

Rent prices alone vary greatly.
It is something that will continue to inflate along with minimum wage. Which in turn will ever inflate the economy.

My dollar is worth X, I want a minimum of them.

Government mandates a min, labor cost increases, products cost more. Dollar no longer worth X, ***costs more, people want more minimum, rinse and repeat ad nauseum.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-04-15 18:07:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Wall of water?

Anywho, an end result of minimum wage, more labor outsourced to countries with no minimum. People there are still paid, a wage, some above average for the area some below. Product prices stay cheaper, less jobs on average in countries with min wage laws. More wealth exported from that country, to outside nation's.

China in a nutshell.
First Page 2 3 ... 73 74 75 ... 129 130 131